The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware?? Why didn't you listen in the beta??

MajikMyst

LOL PVErs, They're fine when you're forced to participate in mundane flashpoints or operations to experience a story. (Dread Master plot anyone?) But cry the moment you have to do a few warzones for a completely optional side story. The tears are delicious. :rak_03:

YOUR tears would be delicious when you keep losing because the people on your side are people who don't WANT to be there, and are not geared for it. Especially funny when this is true and you'e fighting a premade.

I love PvP.... in other games. I don't EVER PVP in ANY game where PvP and PvE sit side by side. One will always suffer for the other and it's usually a pain to balance.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you guys meant for the trooper. That would have been bad.

If this is for getting this companion as a bonus companion on other characters, I would have to say that I agree an alternate method would be nice. But I am not against the idea that certain companions are going to need participation in unpopular game mechanics to acquire them.

And I would speculate that PVP needs all the help it can get in this game with respect to participation.

Seriously? I am not a PvPer. I suck at PvP. And yet.... I was here since lauch, left, came back, left again, came back for SOR, left, returned for KOTFE and I have 50+ Valor rank, or maybe 60+ don't remember right now. How come people who playing long enough to be in Early Acess don't have the Valor needed? So weird... I mean come on, did you really never PvPed after you become bored with PvE and grinding? Strange. Edited by Gelious

If they change the 20 pvp one, they need to change the world boss one. I have no interest in going around getting groups to gain affection for some random companion. Warzones? Easy.

I will likely never recruit the Trandoshan.

End result is people find enjoyment in different things. So I wont get Qyzen, thats fine, not super choked up about it.

I'm not quite up to the point of trying any of these myself yet (just reached chapter 9 a bit before tonight's maintenance downtime started) but doesn't it offer a slow but soloable option for Qyzen? Dulfy's guide says something about gold (I think) enemies that spawn on Hoth that can be farmed to build influence with him.

As for the warzones though, if GSF counts or if there were an alternative option to go for GSF matches instead I'd be cool with that. Although some people wouldn't care for that option too much either. As for a PVE-based option for Pierce / M1-4X...? The "rampage" conquest objectives come to mind. Maybe set up a mission that basically just calls for about that many kills per world on several different worlds. Or instead of that, maybe it can be a hit list that calls for several named enemies on a bunch of different worlds (like the ones that each worlds lists in achievements).

I thought you guys meant for the trooper. That would have been bad.

If this is for getting this companion as a bonus companion on other characters, I would have to say that I agree an alternate method would be nice. But I am not against the idea that certain companions are going to need participation in unpopular game mechanics to acquire them.

And I would speculate that PVP needs all the help it can get in this game with respect to participation.

This is not the way gonna have people like me sitting in pvp matches waiting for them to finish 20 times.

whelp time to find a good hiding spot i guess....

LOL PVErs, They're fine when you're forced to participate in mundane flashpoints or operations to experience a story. (Dread Master plot anyone?) But cry the moment you have to do a few warzones for a completely optional side story. The tears are delicious. :rak_03:

Yup, you are exactly why people don't like to PvP. You do realize that, right? You and others like you.

YOUR tears would be delicious when you keep losing because the people on your side are people who don't WANT to be there, and are not geared for it. Especially funny when this is true and you'e fighting a premade.

I love PvP.... in other games. I don't EVER PVP in ANY game where PvP and PvE sit side by side. One will always suffer for the other and it's usually a pain to balance.

1. I never let anchors weight me down in PVP.

2. I don't pvp anymore, so if that were to bother me it wouldn't anymore.

3. Premades are overrated. It's all in your head.

Yup, you are exactly why people don't like to PvP. You do realize that, right? You and others like you.

Why? Because I call out hypocrisy? Perish the thought. :rolleyes:

Edited by PoliteAssasin

@Thaawn

I can RP through an OP, RP through open world PVP, RP through questing. RP in a cantina. Doesn't matter.

What I am saying is some people are upset that they are being forced to PVP if they want a certain companion. It would be like forcing people into RP for a companion. Let's be honest. Most PVPers don't want me in their group. I am wearing PVE gear. I also play on a standard (read not gaming) laptop. I am to most PVPers a liability. Why upset them, and myself, just so I too can have a propaganda spewing wardroid?

Maybe just maybe the better system would have been MK/Pierce saying 'These are things you can do for me' and giving a list of options of things to unlock them, instead of just 'Go out and do 20 warzones, 10 if you can win'.

If they change the 20 pvp one, they need to change the world boss one. I have no interest in going around getting groups to gain affection for some random companion. Warzones? Easy.

Qyzen at least has a soloable alternative, even if it's near impossible currently because everyone and their dogs have hunted Worthy Jagganath Targets to extinction. I've put that on hold and will go back in a few weeks or months when things have quieted down.

M1-4X has no alternative.

Seriously? I am not a PvPer. I suck at PvP. And yet.... I was here since lauch, left, came back, left again, came back for SOR, left, returned for KOTFE and I have 50+ Valor rank, or maybe 60+ don't remember right now. How come people who playing long enough to be in Early Acess don't have the Valor needed? So weird... I mean come on, did you really never PvPed after you become bored with PvE and grinding? Strange.

1. There are people that don't PvP... PERIOD! PvP communities are generally viewed as childish vitriol spewing people. Some people just can't or won't deal with it. Even if it's only a few, they ruin it for all...

2. Some people only PvP on one or two characters. I personally have 20... I have 3 that have enough valor to skip that part of the quest.

I didn't have any problems getting 4X to join on Vanguard. No PvP required for Troopers (4X) or SW (Pierce).

The character that I'm running through this for this first time with is a warrior so I'm going to get Pierce handed to me for free. What's kind of funny about that, though, is that my warrior is actually the one character that I actually did spend some time in warzones with for a little while at some point. (Only got to something like valor... twenty-something(?) though. And this was a while back, before the addition of 4vs4 arenas or a 2nd huttball warzone.)

To highlight how ridiculous forced PVP is...

What if for unlocking Kira, Bioware forced you to RP?

You would have to walk into a cantina, and 20 emoting strangers would take a snippet of your convo and send it to a ranking system. Just to unlock a companion.

If that sounds like a terrible idea to you, imagine what forced PVP sounds like to your average RPer.

It sounds like a fun new experience for me. I'm open for any requirements. I would do it without a problem as long as it would be a requirement for the companion that I'm interested in. From the companions listed on dulfy it looks that I'm only getting Qyzen and Nico. The rest are meh. Put Guss Tuno for 20 Warzones, 20 operations, 20 gsf, 20 flashpoints and I will do it to unlock him on my warrior :cool:

Edited by PavSalco

Seriously? I am not a PvPer. I suck at PvP. And yet.... I was here since lauch, left, came back, left again, came back for SOR, left, returned for KOTFE and I have 50+ Valor rank, or maybe 60+ don't remember right now. How come people who playing long enough to be in Early Acess don't have the Valor needed? So weird... I mean come on, did you really never PvPed after you become bored with PvE and grinding? Strange.

Yes really. When I become bored of PvE I go play some other game. I'm not so much in love with Star Wars that I have to force myself to do something I hate just because it's Star Wars themed. And yes, I do hate PvP. I'm a sore loser, and I absolutely despise doing things with no winning strategy.

It sounds like a fun new experience for me. I'm open for any requirements. I would do it without a problem as long as it would be a requirement for the companion that I'm interested in. From the companions listed on dulfy it looks that I'm only getting Qyzen and Nico. The rest are meh. Put Guss Tuno for 20 Warzones, 20 operations, 20 gsf, 20 flashpoints and I will do it to unlock him on my warrior :cool:

My scoundrel will give you Guss AND Bowdaar for a case of Febreeze.

Instead of just complaining, it might be useful to add suggestions. For example give the possibility to get him via PvP or Conquest.

But, to be honest, I don't really mind it that much. You don't need every recruit. Besides that, there are also companions, for which you need to farm flashpoints (basically 6 times the same routine). I don't mind either of those, but I can understand that people, who don't like to play FPs that much, will be handicapt here.

It also makes sense out of a story point of view, being a strong Imperial/Republic supporting companion.

I personally prefer some more logic in lore and story, over making these kinda things extremely easy to get, variation in this, seems a good thing to me.

Edited by Diagorias

Just going to put this out there. A lot of people are on PVE servers because the PVP servers are dead.

The reason PVP servers are dead is because a good majority of the players had been turned off from the dead open world.

I play in a PVE server becuase I transfered, but I was originally in a PVP server.

Don't use that as your logic. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is playing in a PVE server simply for population.

Okay...while I understand where the complaints are coming from, I have no problem with this. In fact, I kinda like it. It feels like a nice change of pace. You know how PVE and PVP in this game have always feel disjunct, like warzones are just an add-on to the rest of the game? Now with this PVP requirement to get Pierce - and 20 WZs is not a particularly demanding requirement I'd say - it feels kinda refreshing to me how WZs can bring something to the PVE table too. Not to mention it gives personality to the companions. It just fits that Pierce and Forex would want to impose such requirements before deciding to follow and go "At your command, Sir".

Moreover, Pierce and Forex are optional companions. There're many other companions to get if you feel the PVP requirement is not worth your effort. If you like and want them enough, it's always something to look forward to to dive into PVP if you've never given it any thought before - it could be more enjoyable than you think, a chance to experience a part and parcel of the game and be better at playing your class. Or, you can always roll a warrior/ trooper. :)

Just my 2 cents, hoping to shed a more positive light on this matter.

I will likely never recruit the Trandoshan.

End result is people find enjoyment in different things. So I wont get Qyzen, thats fine, not super choked up about it.

you can solo it by killing random mobs on hoth.

there is guide on dulfy.