Cancelled Sub

Dreadcraft

8. Crafting is Pucked Up.

For the solo (or like us husband and wife who enjoy playing together) player there is no way to be crafting self sufficient at 65. Other than augments, we can't find anything that we can craft that does not take Exotic Iso Stabalizers which come from HM flashpoints.

We wanted to keep playing (and paying) but together with the first 7 reasons posted, really can't find any reason why.

Some may like the expansion but to us it just killed the game.

You can buy these for the low level crystals (comms) at a vendor on Odessen.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think calling this an expansion is kind of an insult. It was 9 chapters that took all of about 5 hours to play, with breaks and trolling the forums during the whole thing in between. Before I blinked, I was getting a "to be continued" message. My health never dropped below 95% in any fight and I am not in "elite" raid gear either. It was all Rishi 190 and a couple of 192 pieces. So I definitely wasn't overly geared for the game.

I did the "expansion" in my 168 pvp gear. I may have had a couple of the higher tier pieces. I also never had my health drop very far. The experience was like watching a really good movie on an old broken dvd player. Every now and then I had to fiddle with the remote.

You can buy these for the low level crystals (comms) at a vendor on Odessen.

I think what they were saying is that they want to craft useful end gear items for themselves. I doubt the issue was that they couldn't find the vendor, since they would have simply asked, "where is the end game gear and mods vendor". I remember when our guild moved from the PvP server. everyone was so helpful when we were discussing PvP gear by explaining how to progress through to get the best PvE gear. We had no interest in PvE gear but no matter how much we explained that, they still kept telling us how we should play. People don't all play the same or have fun in the same way.

If you really want to unsubscribe, there is a window where you can tell why you want to unsubscribe. List your grievances there. They will pay more attention to a complaint that is attached to a loss of money.

Having said that, I agree that the game has been dumbed down to the point of being ridiculous. I was playing the new content yesterday and I was literally just pushing random buttons. The game has lost all challenge. Needless to say, I am moving on to something else.

If you really want to unsubscribe, there is a window where you can tell why you want to unsubscribe. List your grievances there. They will pay more attention to a complaint that is attached to a loss of money.

Having said that, I agree that the game has been dumbed down to the point of being ridiculous. I was playing the new content yesterday and I was literally just pushing random buttons. The game has lost all challenge. Needless to say, I am moving on to something else.

Thank you Captain Obvious :) What I said was, "I gave Bio the following reason that they wont read:" as the opening line of my post wit ha subject of Cancelled Sub. Don't take that as mean, I'm a sarcastic person and meant it in jest.

I did use the box you mentioned. I do not think they will read it. I think they will take the total numbers of the drop down list reasons and look at that. The problem is that there is no drop down choice for, "The game was too easy", "Companion customization removed", or "Your expansion broke the game for me". There is one for, "The game was too hard". I found that funny, since the game was already too easy. IMO the only challenge left in the game is PvP. Nothing is certain there, except maybe that Bio / EA will only minimally support it. Also both sides in a PvP match have to work within the same ruleset, so it's all equal. I guess some of the end game raids are challenging too, at least the ones with nightmare mode.

Why did you feel compelled to broadcast your decision on a forum thread?

To get attention and support from the other swimmers in the river of tears. They've been at it since yesterday morning now, and it's all the usual suspects.

Honestly, I completely disagree with just about everything the OP posted. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Yeah, I don't understand why people feel the need to post that they are cancelling their subscriptions. Who cares? I sure don't but I do think it is childish and funny, kind of like General chat is most days. At least it amuses me. :p

Umm 1-unless you have a background in programming or a degree in it I would think the devs do.

Except it isn't the game's programmers who made decisions regarding the direction of the game nor massive changes like this. They simply program the code and cause the end results to appear within the game as directed.

So that programming degree means nothing to what he said. Your game leads and decision makers do not always have programming degrees. This is a fact even in the MMO industry.

You are confusing the TEMPORARY story companions from KofFE with your old companions, that you get back as you go through KotFE and can equip them again (stats being irrelevant).

This is not the way it works. ANy Jedi Knight can tell you this. You have two different T7-01's (different equipment and different influence bars). The ones you recruit back into your alliance in KOTFE are different than the ones that are your old companions.

However it was never supposed to work that way to begin with, we were supposed to retain access to our old companions for everything except when actively doing KOTFE chapters where you have to use specific companions.

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

-eric

Edited by Lendul

To get attention and support from the other swimmers in the river of tears. They've been at it since yesterday morning now, and it's all the usual suspects.

Honestly, I completely disagree with just about everything the OP posted. Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Yeah, I don't understand why people feel the need to post that they are cancelling their subscriptions. Who cares? I sure don't but I do think it is childish and funny, kind of like General chat is most days. At least it amuses me. :p

Thanks kids, I win though. You resorted to personal attack, so you obviously cant reason out a response. And Vember, thank you for at least saying you disagree with everything I wrote. That's kind of making a point. I assume from your disagreement that you thing the game is challenging to play, and that you also don't mind all of the companion stuff you worked for over the years was all flushed down the toilet.

Jerqa, people do care. many of them have posted on these forums as Vember had said. You are the one who seems to not care. I think I should turn the tables on you and ask, if YOU don't care, then why bother posting your comment on my thread? Are you not being childish yourself by your own standard? Also, will you care when the games dies because not enough people are left to keep the doors open? The point of the post is to create action to fix this mess that you don't care about. If it doesn't work, then it shows that Bio / EA doesn't care. I care. I want them to fix it so I can come back and enjoy the game again.

You should. Gamers cancelling their sub along with to much reliance on story and not enough new end game is why this game originally flopped and turned F2P with a cash market pretty much faster than any other game in history.

You should care if you like the game at all even if you find it amusing.

What's funny is that people thought the game was hard before. When has SWTOR been challenging?

You have to admit that it was more challenging than this. The point is not that it was ever extremely difficult. But I do remember while leveling planning out what to hit fist and what companion to use, more healing or more DPS etc... Now I just launched into every single battle without even giving it a thought knowing the heals would be incoming with reckless abandon and sure enough, I was barely scratched.

The entire 9 chapters was, as someone above said, I really cool interactive movie. I spent more time watching cut scenes than playing.

You have to admit that it was more challenging than this. The point is not that it was ever extremely difficult. But I do remember while leveling planning out what to hit fist and what companion to use, more healing or more DPS etc... Now I just launched into every single battle without even giving it a thought knowing the heals would be incoming with reckless abandon and sure enough, I was barely scratched.

The entire 9 chapters was, as someone above said, I really cool interactive movie. I spent more time watching cut scenes than playing.

And this is the exact reason why I am skipping KotFE on my characters. Since nothing new was released except the mini-movie, I can still level, run ops, fp's, etc, and do it will all the companions I like.

Sitting this one out.

Thanks kids, I win though. You resorted to personal attack, so you obviously cant reason out a response. And Vember, thank you for at least saying you disagree with everything I wrote. That's kind of making a point. I assume from your disagreement that you thing the game is challenging to play, and that you also don't mind all of the companion stuff you worked for over the years was all flushed down the toilet.

The game has never been challenging to play, except for the occasional solo H4. And yes, I absolutely, 100% prefer the new companion situation over the old one. I'm no longer pigeonholed into using one companion, I no longer have to worry about which ones are geared and which aren't, etc. Much easier to raise influence/affection with individual companions now than it used to be.

I really don't understand what all the angst is about.

I literally pressed buttons during the fights while reading stuff on the internet or watched tv. I might haved watched for lana, cept she was wearing a burlap sack. Even so, stupid easy to play. Boring fights. Thank you for your support.

You want challenge?. Play PvP/Arenas, HM, or OPs. With all the content and quests that we have now at endgame nobody want to spend 2 hs on a single solo quest.

Well the same reason why u posted, who cares!

Well, I hope it provides feedback to devs, might not. I don't know if they visit or read forums. I can say that I have posted more in the last few days regarding my displeasure regarding the messed up changes (IMHO) then I have in a year of subbing (well almost 1 yr anniv is 10/29/15). I can confirmed that I have cancelled my sub. I won't re-sub till new chapters in 2016 (at least until there is another 5-6 hours of story). So BW/EA wont get anything from me for a while either.

thanks kids, i win though. You resorted to personal attack, so you obviously cant reason out a response. And vember, thank you for at least saying you disagree with everything i wrote. That's kind of making a point. I assume from your disagreement that you thing the game is challenging to play, and that you also don't mind all of the companion stuff you worked for over the years was all flushed down the toilet.

Jerqa, people do care. Many of them have posted on these forums as vember had said. You are the one who seems to not care. I think i should turn the tables on you and ask, if you don't care, then why bother posting your comment on my thread? Are you not being childish yourself by your own standard? Also, will you care when the games dies because not enough people are left to keep the doors open? The point of the post is to create action to fix this mess that you don't care about. If it doesn't work, then it shows that bio / ea doesn't care. I care. I want them to fix it so i can come back and enjoy the game again.

+1 :)

OP, are you really so insecure about your post that you resorted to adding that foolish line in the end?

oooh, good one. +10 fanboy troll points. I really like the way you sidelined (ignored) my points and went after style. Then categorized the whole thing as insecure, taking all the focus further off the points and making a personal attack, while seeming to be addressing the points.

The reason why your attack is so much better than others, is that it referred to something said in the original post itself, without repeating any of the points. This gives the illusion that you are arguing the points I made, without actually doing so. Combined with the personal attack, it will get the reader to dismiss me as an insecure and foolish person. And doing it all in one line is masterful. You sir are a genius and I tip my hat to you. You should go into politics, the unwashed masses eat that kind of stuff up.

While I am a sarcastic person, I really mean it about your post. I enjoy a good argument, and you are pretty good at it, I bet.

I'm probably canceling my sub too after this month the game does really feel super easy now and it's no fun anymore. I felt the old companion system was fine each companion was unique now you can just pick just one and use them for whatever you need them to be. I don't like the stat changes again the old way was fine, people were just to stupid to figure out what stat was there for there class. I'll try to give the game a chance during the remainder of my sub but if I still feel I hate I'll cancel.

You want challenge?. Play PvP/Arenas, HM, or OPs. With all the content and quests that we have now at endgame nobody want to spend 2 hs on a single solo quest.

Your so right Skygon. PvP is pretty much all I've done for a couple years in this game. I don't mind though spending a few hours on a operation with friends, but the real challenge of this game is PvP. You don't always win, but when you do, you've usually earned it.

I'm probably canceling my sub too after this month the game does really feel super easy now and it's no fun anymore. I felt the old companion system was fine each companion was unique now you can just pick just one and use them for whatever you need them to be. I don't like the stat changes again the old way was fine, people were just to stupid to figure out what stat was there for there class. I'll try to give the game a chance during the remainder of my sub but if I still feel I hate I'll cancel.

I don't like the stat changes much either. I should have put that on my list, but I see why they did it. Maybe someone new will be fine with it, but strength ,cunning, willpower, aim, they had meaning that supported my characters persona. Mastery is bland.

I was PvPing with my friends last night. We talk about it all the time, the only thing that keeps us playing is each other. We really enjoy smashing face in war zones together. We are fairly good at it and coordinate well. I might play occasionally as a FTP guy, until the group decides to go somewhere else. We've been looking.