Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, think it's best to let them work without bugging them (no pun intended)

I appreciate the pun, intended or not :)

However, the only way the devs know if an issue is important enough to make a priority is to hear from as many of us as possible. Keep submitting those bug reports.

It happened to me as well with Kira and my Jedi Knight.

Any chance it's the changes in conversations with companions i.e. being Chapter based instead of affection (now influence based)? Here's my anecdote to be clear.

I never played Kira much. She was like... 400 ish affection. So, I go, Flirt with Lana, no problem (I think) since I haven't romanced Kira yet. Then, I hear that 4.0 will clear old quests, so THEN I romance Kira, marriage, etc... From then on, I never Flirt again. Could the problem be the shuffling. I.e.

How I did it =

Flirt Lana --> Flirt Kira --> Marry Kira (everything is fine, I have the Romance Companion Gifts numbers)

Then, 4.0 hits, so the game incorrectly assumes I did the Kira options first, ergo =

Flirt Kira --> Marry Kira --> Flirt Lana --> Kira assumes I cheated and ends the marriage / romance.

Because now, I definitely only have Favourite influence on Luxury gifts with Kira, instead of Love influence on Luxury gifts like I had.

Now, note: I'M TOTALLY GUESSING HERE... and if I missed posts that already brought this up, I'm sorry...

Edited by DalrisThane

I appreciate the pun, intended or not :)

However, the only way the devs know if an issue is important enough to make a priority is to hear from as many of us as possible. Keep submitting those bug reports.

Ok. I'm still waiting for a response ingame though

Because now, I definitely only have Favourite influence on Luxury gifts with Kira, instead of Love influence on Luxury gifts like I had.

Again, that seems to be a separate issue. Have you advanced to chapter 2 of KotFE already? If you have not, then there is no way to be sure. You can either do that now and play to the first conversation with Valkorion, or you can wait for a response from the devs.

Your other hypothesis may well be the case. It's difficult for me to recall the sequence of events for all of my characters, but my sorcerer definitely did every Ashara conversation right before he began KotFE, having never bothered to increase affection with any companions previously. He did not receive any of the appropriate conversations. It's possible he flirted with Lana during FA/Revan/Ziost.

Edited by TaintedMustard

Just a curious question to the OP: Your friend who has a consular that had the working romance options - were they a shadow or a sage?

Personal experience/anecdote/a related bug w/ spoilers if you haven't gotten through Chapter 9 yet:

My main character, sage seer (original toon from early Collecters Edition access, and victim of a server merger), has the romance bug, which is tearing me apart. Out of all my toons, she's the one I most care about the relationship with, and ever since Marr's ship blew up in Chapter 1, the foremost thing on her mind is reuniting with Iresso (tho of course in the mean time she keeps to the task of saving the galaxy!). I actually cried when Theron returned my ship to me, and walking inside the first time with it empty made me feel hollow to the core - I really feel like I've been missing the past 5 years. Props to the writers for some stellar emotional writing! (though I'm starting to feel like I'm in Game of Thrones.... HK-55... *sob*) Until I saw this thread I thought maybe the silence about my relationship with Iresso was part of the story.. that maybe the crew held out hope I was alive and then eventually gave way to thoughts that maybe I really was dead and moved on, that they were only fooling themselves with false hope that I was still alive after 4+ years of no contact [plus the original news from Zakuul that the Outlander would be punished for murder.. y'know that had to get through the grapevine somehow]. I'm dying for this bug to be fixed, and there are so many cool ways they could write in the bug/fix as part of the story (though that would take extra work

In other related relationship bug news: Has anyone noticed that since the latest [hot]patch, that if you are Republic and went light-side/nice with 2V-R8 that our flag with him has been completely reversed? Under interactions it now says we crushed his dreams for a kinder master, and his reactions to you are now hostile/dark-sideish/cringing in terror? I know that's not how it was/what it said when I first recruited him....

Just a curious question to the OP: Your friend who has a consular that had the working romance options - were they a shadow or a sage?

Personal experience/anecdote/a related bug w/ spoilers if you haven't gotten through Chapter 9 yet:

My main character, sage seer (original toon from early Collecters Edition access, and victim of a server merger), has the romance bug, which is tearing me apart. Out of all my toons, she's the one I most care about the relationship with, and ever since Marr's ship blew up in Chapter 1, the foremost thing on her mind is reuniting with Iresso (tho of course in the mean time she keeps to the task of saving the galaxy!). I actually cried when Theron returned my ship to me, and walking inside the first time with it empty made me feel hollow to the core - I really feel like I've been missing the past 5 years. Props to the writers for some stellar emotional writing! (though I'm starting to feel like I'm in Game of Thrones.... HK-55... *sob*) Until I saw this thread I thought maybe the silence about my relationship with Iresso was part of the story.. that maybe the crew held out hope I was alive and then eventually gave way to thoughts that maybe I really was dead and moved on, that they were only fooling themselves with false hope that I was still alive after 4+ years of no contact [plus the original news from Zakuul that the Outlander would be punished for murder.. y'know that had to get through the grapevine somehow]. I'm dying for this bug to be fixed, and there are so many cool ways they could write in the bug/fix as part of the story (though that would take extra work

In other related relationship bug news: Has anyone noticed that since the latest [hot]patch, that if you are Republic and went light-side/nice with 2V-R8 that our flag with him has been completely reversed? Under interactions it now says we crushed his dreams for a kinder master, and his reactions to you are now hostile/dark-sideish/cringing in terror? I know that's not how it was/what it said when I first recruited him....

My friend who had her romance with Iresso acknowledged is a shadow tank Consular and much younger than my sage seer Consular. To some of your other stuff in the spoiler

I cried when my ship returned as well, but I don't like going on my ship now since it's empty and just reminds me that the companions that i really wanted are gone. And yes, I was LS to 2V-R8 as well but it says I crushed his dreams or whatever :(

DalrisThane: I never cheated on Iresso so I don't think that is what is messing the flag up. (Although I think I did use the 1st flirt with Theron with Iresso out to see if there was a response).

Gakowashere: I did not gift any of my Consulars companions right before 4.0 because they had been at max affection for years.

Okay, hope I answered everyone! And please keep sending those bug reports in so they know that our original companions (LIs) are important to us and are missed!

Edited by TinaLovesHan

To some of your other stuff in the spoiler

I cried when my ship returned as well, but I don't like going on my ship now since it's empty and just reminds me that the companions that i really wanted are gone. And yes, I was LS to 2V-R8 as well but it says I crushed his dreams or whatever :(

Helpful spoiler hint in response:

If you go into your new commander bunk room (just before you get to the smuggler haven with Hylo), I believe you can now summon back your old companions via the terminal. However, if you're like me, which I suspect you are, you'll choose the option to wait for the story to have them reunited with you.

Helpful spoiler hint in response:

If you go into your new commander bunk room (just before you get to the smuggler haven with Hylo), I believe you can now summon back your old companions via the terminal. However, if you're like me, which I suspect you are, you'll choose the option to wait for the story to have them reunited with you.

You guess correctly :)

As much as I miss them, I rather be reunited through the story. Especially if there is a chance that you get a different scene with a romanced Felix and they might fix it. Until then, I will just not put my other Consular into the new stuff so I can stare at her Iresso <3

In a few days I might come up with additional data:

Since I'm currently on sick leave and fed up with just lying in bed all the time and doing nothing I decided to power-level a SW since my SW's romance with Jaesa is bugged.

I'll start with romancing both Vette and Jaesa (because, you know, that's what your typical DS Sith would do), then ditch Vette, marry Jaesa and stay faithful from that point on (not flirting or cheating with Lana).

I hope that I'll get to Chapter 2 of KotfE somewhere around the beginning/middle of next week or so (yeah, I know, it can be done faster but in fact I still am in bad health so I'll have to tune it down rather sooner than later) and then I'll be able to tell you what happend - unless we get an official response regarding this bug beforehand... but ... you know .. not gonna happen, right?

Then ... maybe it's just me being pesimistic and all but somehow I've got the feeling that probably it won't matter at all because they won't bring ANY of our classic LIs back. Yeah, I know, I know, they said that if we cheated there will be consequences and stuff but the way chapters 1-9 played out I just have this hunch that these letters are all we're going to get - fingers crossed that I'm wrong. And, yes, yes, I know they'll introduce a possible LI in chapter 10 ... but ... hmmm ...

Anyway, as soon as I have anything worthwile to report I'm going to let you know.

In a few days I might come up with additional data:

Since I'm currently on sick leave and fed up with just lying in bed all the time and doing nothing I decided to power-level a SW since my SW's romance with Jaesa is bugged.

I'll start with romancing both Vette and Jaesa (because, you know, that's what your typical DS Sith would do), then ditch Vette, marry Jaesa and stay faithful from that point on (not flirting or cheating with Lana).

I hope that I'll get to Chapter 2 of KotfE somewhere around the beginning/middle of next week or so (yeah, I know, it can be done faster but in fact I still am in bad health so I'll have to tune it down rather sooner than later) and then I'll be able to tell you what happend - unless we get an official response regarding this bug beforehand... but ... you know .. not gonna happen, right?

Then ... maybe it's just me being pesimistic and all but somehow I've got the feeling that probably it won't matter at all because they won't bring ANY of our classic LIs back. Yeah, I know, I know, they said that if we cheated there will be consequences and stuff but the way chapters 1-9 played out I just have this hunch that these letters are all we're going to get - fingers crossed that I'm wrong. And, yes, yes, I know they'll introduce a possible LI in chapter 10 ... but ... hmmm ...

Anyway, as soon as I have anything worthwile to report I'm going to let you know.

I won't say whom, but various sources shows that other LIs are going to be in other chapters, so I wouldn't put any stock in them not coming back. As it stands, I know of six LIs scheduled to return in the story alone.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

HOLY CARP!!!

A thought comes to mind, but SPOILERS here if I'm right. I may have just noticed a pattern. Does anyone have any characters who have romanced

Vette, Kaliyo, Aric or Torian

?

Those are the characters sources state should be returning in the story, and I don’t recall anyone saying theirs were broken. Granted, I could just have a poor memory.

If you have, and you know if they are or aren't glitched, please let me know! There is something " special" about those companions, and I wonder if they are "immune". If they are, then there may be a correlation.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

HOLY CARP!!!

A thought comes to mind, but SPOILERS here if I'm right. I may have just noticed a pattern. Does anyone have any characters who have romanced

Vette, Kaliyo, Aric or Torian

?

Those are the characters sources state should be returning in the story, and I don’t recall anyone saying theirs were broken. Granted, I could just have a poor memory.

If you have, and you know if they are or aren't glitched, please let me know! There is something " special" about those companions, and I wonder if they are "immune". If they are, then there may be a correlation.

I have a trooper who romanced Aric and is in Chapter 7 right now. Her romance WAS acknowledged in the game (she got the dialogue and mail). My BH did romance Torian but I haven't started her in the new content yet.

So today, I got an email response to my ticket I submitted. CS says that my issue is caused by a bug in the game and will be fixed in a future update. No time table given. Sounded like a generic response, told me to submit a bug report.

Nothing to do now, but unsubscribe.

I'm gonna start some new characters, park them in a rest zone and come back when all the bugs are fixed.

So today, I got an email response to my ticket I submitted. CS says that my issue is caused by a bug in the game and will be fixed in a future update. No time table given. Sounded like a generic response, told me to submit a bug report.

Nothing to do now, but unsubscribe.

I'm gonna start some new characters, park them in a rest zone and come back when all the bugs are fixed.

Same here. Don't judge, but I've spent over 8K on this game. If they want to get to 10K, they better get to work.

YO FOLKS, I CAN CONFIRM MORE OF MY THEORY!!!

(Mild spoilers abound, major ones hidden!)

So, if you saw my last message, then you know that I hypothesized that the companions that

do not show up in the main Knights of the Fallen Empire campaign, if the spoilers floating out there are to be believed

are the ones that are bugged, and we have confirmation that one of those companions I listed previously had (in the least) one case of working correctly, now we can add two;

My Imperial Agent, who romanced Kaliyo, was able to call out for her during the conversation with Valkorion in Chap 2. My agent flirted with Lana throughout Forging Alliances and Shadow of Revan, but did not through Ziost. HE ALSO DID NOT FLIRT WITH TEMPLE. Married Kaliyo, Kaliyo was not at 10 affection at start.

So, my possible theories--

1- Only companions that are romanced who are

believed to return in the main KOTFE campaign- i.e., not in the side recruitment missions-

are not bugged. I have confirmation on two characters with companions Aric and Kaliyo. Both are part of my theory.

2- If you are playing a character with two love interest (DS Jaesa and Vette for Sith Warrior, Temple and Kaliyo for Imp Agent, RIsha or Akaavi for Smugger, etc), then perhaps ANY FLIRTING WITH THE OTHER ROMANCE INTEREST CONFUSES THE GAME?

Neither theories, as of right now, have immediate cause for dismissal, unless anyone else can say otherwise? Not being aggressive or cocky, genuinely asking to see if either of my theories hold water.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ROMANCED ANYONE ON A CHARACTER WITH TWO OPTIONS OF ROMANTIC INTERESTS WHERE YOU FLIRTED OR DID NOT FLIRT WITH BOTH, AND THE RESULTS OF CHAPTER TWO! I don't think companions with 'side flirts' such as Scorpio count.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ROMANCED ANYONE ON A CHARACTER WITH TWO OPTIONS OF ROMANTIC INTERESTS WHERE YOU FLIRTED OR DID NOT FLIRT WITH BOTH, AND THE RESULTS OF CHAPTER TWO! I don't think companions with 'side flirts' such as Scorpio count.

Well, my smuggler flirted with both Akaavi and Risha, before choosing the latter, and the romance is properly recognized in chapter 2. My agent also flirted with both options and his romance is bugged.

Edited by Isagris

I don't think that theory 1 is valid simply because there are quite a number of players who had their romances properly registered. On reddit and I also believe somewhere aroung here (probably in the lore section) there are threads where players gathered the letters they received and as far as I know there is not a single companion missing - bascially the LIs that are bugged are just bugged for a selected few (yaaay -.-) and not everyone.

YO FOLKS, I CAN CONFIRM MORE OF MY THEORY!!!

(Mild spoilers abound, major ones hidden!)

So, if you saw my last message, then you know that I hypothesized that the companions that

do not show up in the main Knights of the Fallen Empire campaign, if the spoilers floating out there are to be believed

are the ones that are bugged, and we have confirmation that one of those companions I listed previously had (in the least) one case of working correctly, now we can add two;

My Imperial Agent, who romanced Kaliyo, was able to call out for her during the conversation with Valkorion in Chap 2. My agent flirted with Lana throughout Forging Alliances and Shadow of Revan, but did not through Ziost. HE ALSO DID NOT FLIRT WITH TEMPLE. Married Kaliyo, Kaliyo was not at 10 affection at start.

So, my possible theories--

1- Only companions that are romanced who are

believed to return in the main KOTFE campaign- i.e., not in the side recruitment missions-

are not bugged. I have confirmation on two characters with companions Aric and Kaliyo. Both are part of my theory.

2- If you are playing a character with two love interest (DS Jaesa and Vette for Sith Warrior, Temple and Kaliyo for Imp Agent, RIsha or Akaavi for Smugger, etc), then perhaps ANY FLIRTING WITH THE OTHER ROMANCE INTEREST CONFUSES THE GAME?

Neither theories, as of right now, have immediate cause for dismissal, unless anyone else can say otherwise? Not being aggressive or cocky, genuinely asking to see if either of my theories hold water.

I doubt about theory 2, since I NEVER flirted with Kaliyo.