Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

A related issue... looking at the courting gifts on all my companions that they were involved in, none of the courting gifts have any impact on ANY of the companions that my characters had become involved with/married. Edited by kwongwah

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I'm pleased but at least this line,

"All Companions now properly transfer old Reputation values into Influence. This fix applies retroactively to players who have already encountered older Companions in Knights of the Fallen Empire"

gives me hope that even players who go through the content can still have their romance flags be fixed in the future.

That honestly doesn't give me any hope. It is specifically talking about influence, which replaced Affection. I believe some people were having issues with old Affection rating not being converted into Influence when re-recruiting old companions through the Alliance alerts.

A related issue... looking at the courting gifts on all my companions that they were involved in, none of the courting gifts have any impact on ANY of the companions that my characters had become involved with/married.

I went through each of my completed toons and the influence gain for courted gifts- All toons are male, so this is not a foolproof showing, but the following companions had, IN THE LEAST, their influence gains as none for courting gifts after completed romances.

SITH WARRIOR: Seems alright.

BOUNTY HUNTER: No influence gain.

TROOPER: No influence gain.

SITH INQUISITOR: No influence gain.

IMPERIAL AGENT: Could be alright, unable to be sure

SMUGGLER: No influence gain.

JEDI KNIGHT: Could be alright, unable to be sure

JEDI CONSULAR: Could be alright, unable to be sure

Again, each of the companions with 'No influence gain.' are companions THAT SHOULD gain influence through courting gifts if ONLY romanced/in romance, but show no influence gain as of now. All but the Imperial Agent were at level 10 affection prior to 4.0.

If we can assume that the 'No influence gain' bug is thus related to the companions who will have their romances glitched, then HALF- I REPEAT IN VERY, VERY ANGRY TONES- HALF of my level 60 toons with romanced companions and class missions complete, with SoR done on each- HALF OF THEM would have their romances defective, with ANOTHER THREE possible.

So, in the least,, if the deductive logic is correct, half of my characters are broken.

Good effing job, whoever should have caught this. I hope you got your yearly bonus already, because you will NOT be getting any more of my money until this is fixed.

I was able to talk with Valkorion about love (romanced Nadia)

But Nadia doesn't seem to respond well to courting gifts, I'm almost on chap 3 just waiting for the servers.. I hope I get the faithful message.. I'll reply here accordingly, this consular is the only one I do everything on.. this would ruin it for me as I don't care much for the other classes..

Question: does the intro scene for Kotfe (when your characters boards Marr's ship, and subsequently when your character can tell your companion to flee or defend Marr's ship) make a difference who it is depending on romance, for example the Consular is with Iresso in both scenes, and smuggler with Corso if I remember, this is not a bug yes?

Edited by Azareya

Question: does the intro scene for Kotfe (when your characters boards Marr's ship, and subsequently when your character can tell your companion to flee or defend Marr's ship) make a difference who it is depending on romance, for example the Consular is with Iresso in both scenes, and smuggler with Corso if I remember, this is not a bug yes?

Correct. That is not a bug. The dialog at the beginning and end of the chapter will always be with Iresso, Corso, Jorgan or Kira. It seems, with your experience with courting gifts, a player can only know for sure whether their romance is bugged or not when when s/he starts Chapter 2. If you get the additional dialog option, as you say you did, then I don't believe it is bugged. You should just play on.

Edited by TaintedMustard

I feared this would be the case since there has been pretty much no response about the issue. At all. Not even "we're looking into it" or anything else :(

I'm like you Azareya, my Consular is my do everything character, my first for everything. In this case, it worked against her since she got screwed over with her Iresso issue.

I hate that I feel like I'm whining, but I have many years/hours invested in Nayelii and Iresso and it makes me sad that now it seems like it's all for nothing (so dramatic, i know!).

Maybe by next Tuesday we'll hear something.

Keep bug reporting this!

Actually, they suposedly did fix it cor SoR with 4.0 according to the patch notes. Which took ridiculously long and is no commendable achievement, but it's false to say it was never fixed (...unless it still doesn't work).

I think it's reasonable to say that if they had fixed it with 4.0, this discussion shouldn't be happening right now. It's the same problem - game doesn't recognize a romance is there.

Edited by RAVM

I was able to talk with Valkorion about love (romanced Nadia)

But Nadia doesn't seem to respond well to courting gifts, I'm almost on chap 3 just waiting for the servers.. I hope I get the faithful message.. I'll reply here accordingly, this consular is the only one I do everything on.. this would ruin it for me as I don't care much for the other classes..

THAT is interesting.... perhaps I should try one of the toons that appears broken, see if they can still refer to the romance.

This is not good. I'm concerned for my Gunslinger's relationship with Corso now, since she is my oldest character and I completed his romance back in 2012. Given that she's also my main, I don't want to hold off too long on playing her through KOTFE, especially since all the alliance quests are tied to it and I'd hate to miss out on so much content. I'll have to check and see if she's affected.

My male agent did not get Raina's romance acknowledged and now I'm thinking that he was affected by this bug. I thought it was odd, since my consular had totally different conversation options, but I just assumed at the time that maybe it was an agent thing. When Val's conversation about love came up, he was only able to respond, "I've had lots of lovers." He never received any in game mail from Raina either. I'm not sure if he's still in a romance with her. :confused: Given that he's dating Lana now I can deal with this, but on other characters, no way. They want their old romances back!

Ugh.

This is not good. I'm concerned for my Gunslinger's relationship with Corso now, since she is my oldest character and I completed his romance back in 2012. Given that she's also my main, I don't want to hold off too long on playing her through KOTFE, especially since all the alliance quests are tied to it and I'd hate to miss out on so much content. I'll have to check and see if she's affected.

My male agent did not get Raina's romance acknowledged and now I'm thinking that he was affected by this bug. I thought it was odd, since my consular had totally different conversation options, but I just assumed at the time that maybe it was an agent thing. When Val's conversation about love came up, he was only able to respond, "I've had lots of lovers." He never received any in game mail from Raina either. I'm not sure if he's still in a romance with her. :confused: Given that he's dating Lana now I can deal with this, but on other characters, no way. They want their old romances back!

Ugh.

Exactly.

The only thing I can honestly think about doing is getting to Chapter 2 to see what options we have when talking to Valkorion. If we don't the chance to call out that one is our love, then Esc out and essentially be stuck WITHOUT our companions, but with hope that Bioware will fix it later.

Seriously, though... this is keeping me from playing through KotFE. And at this point, if I am not playing through KotFE, then why am I subbing... :/

I had finished the romance arc for Elara, just before patch 4.0. Now, after the patch, she gets zero pts for courting gifts. Also, finished act2 on my smug and BH, both after the patch. I only got 1 or 2 conversations with crew members and both of their romance arcs ended. Both Mako and Risha are receiving no pts in courting. All my other characters that have not completed act2 yet, still have their romances on going. So I'm stuck, because all my other characters are on Hoth waiting to finish act2, but I'm not going to play them until this is a confirmed bug and is going to get fixed. May just unsubscribe until it is.

I had finished the romance arc for Elara, just before patch 4.0. Now, after the patch, she gets zero pts for courting gifts. Also, finished act2 on my smug and BH, both after the patch. I only got 1 or 2 conversations with crew members and both of their romance arcs ended. Both Mako and Risha are receiving no pts in courting. All my other characters that have not completed act2 yet, still have their romances on going. So I'm stuck, because all my other characters are on Hoth waiting to finish act2, but I'm not going to play them until this is a confirmed bug and is going to get fixed. May just unsubscribe until it is.

Same stance as me, then.

The courting gift bug really does seem to be separate, I've seen people report the same on reddit when I first heard about this issue last week after noticing the gift bug on both my SIs. So far it seems that while not all old characters get hit with this it's only old characters that do? Which, if true, should mean I'm safe.... I recently redid my main to adjust some decisisions to better suit my view of the character now than when I first developed him last year, so he's less than a month old. If I do get hit the only old characters theory is definitely out and I guess I'll have to replay him.... again :/ (Good thing I like the SI story so much, I guess :'D)

As far as I have been able to find out companions that accompany you onto Marrs' ship are always as follows: Consular + Iresso, Knight + Kira, Trooper + Jorgan, Smuggler + Corso on republic side. Warrior + Vette, Inquisitor + Revel, Agent + Kaliyo and Bounty Hunter + Mako on empire side.

Courting gifts are a separate issue I *think.*

But if you do not get the option to tell Valkorian during the first conversation with him in the dream sequence that you loved one of your crew and you receive no letter from your LI then chances are your romance is in fact bugged :(

It seems like this has happened to quite a few people. Lets hope it gets some attention sooner, rather than later.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Courting gifts are a separate issue I *think.*

I think that's pretty much certain now, since someone else mentioned they get the right conversations in chapter 2 despite courting gifts not rewarding appropriate influence.

I should mention that my scoundrel was also only able to reply that he has "had many lovers" when Valkorian mentions love, but in the first conversation about companions, he replied he was "sharing a bunk" with one of them. He received the message from Akaavi appropriately. So don't worry about that. Worry about the very first conversation only. If the option isn't there, it's bugged.

And yes, the companion that accompanies the Outlander to Marr's ship is the same for every base class.

Edited by TaintedMustard

I think that's pretty much certain now, since someone else mentioned they get the right conversations in chapter 2 despite courting gifts not rewarding appropriate influence.

I should mention that my scoundrel was also only able to reply that he has "had many lovers" when Valkorian mentions love, but in the first conversation about companions, he replied he was "sharing a bunk" with one of them. He received the message from Akaavi appropriately. So don't worry about that. Worry about the very first conversation only. If the option isn't there, it's bugged.

And yes, the companion that accompanies the Outlander to Marr's ship is the same for every base class.

Interesting. Can anyone else with multiple characters list who does and doesn't get affection from courting gifts? ESPECIALLY people who have or don't have glitched romances? I'm going to start compiling data to send Bioware.

At the least, we'd be able to confirm that the companion gifts ARE a separate issue.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

I feared this would be the case since there has been pretty much no response about the issue. At all. Not even "we're looking into it" or anything else :(

I'm like you Azareya, my Consular is my do everything character, my first for everything. In this case, it worked against her since she got screwed over with her Iresso issue.

I hate that I feel like I'm whining, but I have many years/hours invested in Nayelii and Iresso and it makes me sad that now it seems like it's all for nothing (so dramatic, i know!).

Maybe by next Tuesday we'll hear something.

Keep bug reporting this!

I have to say I'm surprised about the fact they haven't mentioned this bug. With Story being the main driving force behind Kotfe, I'd expect something like this to be priority. To be honest I don't think I'm going to play the game until they fix this and restore our romances. They've read my report I submitted in-game at least.

Edited by Swedguy

I have to say I'm surprised about the fact they haven't mentioned this bug. With Story being the main driving force behind Kotfe, I'd expect something like this to be priority. To be honest I don't think I'm going to play the game until they fix this and restore our romances. They've read my report I submitted in-game at least.

I called. I submitted tickets. I canceled my sub. I submitted a dispute for my last cartel coins purchase. I'm with you fully. Not playing anything other than free to play to help my guild, and even that is running thin.

Chiming in again; my roommate hasn't touched his female consular who romanced Iresso since year 1.5. He finished the story with her, never got SoR, Makeb, Forged Alliances, so on. He resubbed to try it out, and found out his Twi gal consular was able to call out for Iresso in chapt 2.

However, another friend who made an Imp Agent earlier this year DID have the bug with ( an accidentally romanced, don't ask) Raina. He has been through the expansions but had not started on KotFE until today.

Chiming in again; my roommate hasn't touched his female consular who romanced Iresso since year 1.5. He finished the story with her, never got SoR, Makeb, Forged Alliances, so on. He resubbed to try it out, and found out his Twi gal consular was able to call out for Iresso in chapt 2.

However, another friend who made an Imp Agent earlier this year DID have the bug with ( an accidentally romanced, don't ask) Raina. He has been through the expansions but had not started on KotFE until today.

......Well so much for the theory that it's only older characters :c aigh, I guess I'll see if I'm lucky or not tomorrow...

Hi! So I'm a founder player I started the game since it first came out and I have not received any letter from temple ( whom I married) I have flirted with Lana thought sor and kotfe and have kissed her but NOT during the cantina scene, instead when we were almost about to die during a later chapter ( can't remember off the top of my head) I just unlocked her via the terminal and I'm also having issues with her courting gift returns being less then 200 as if I'm giving her some kinda shoddy blue one instead of an epic courting gift. So if anyone has any ideas or can maybe just encourage me that my James Bond spy guy didn't just lose his wife 😭

Hi! So I'm a founder player I started the game since it first came out and I have not received any letter from temple ( whom I married) I have flirted with Lana thought sor and kotfe and have kissed her but NOT during the cantina scene, instead when we were almost about to die during a later chapter ( can't remember off the top of my head) I just unlocked her via the terminal and I'm also having issues with her courting gift returns being less then 200 as if I'm giving her some kinda shoddy blue one instead of an epic courting gift. So if anyone has any ideas or can maybe just encourage me that my James Bond spy guy didn't just lose his wife 😭

I don't think that the Lana romance becomes an issue to your current romance until you click a box that pops up during a cutscene that you wish to begin a romance with Lana. Otherwise, you should have been fine like the rest of us who have been having issues.