Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that theory 1 is valid simply because there are quite a number of players who had their romances properly registered. On reddit and I also believe somewhere aroung here (probably in the lore section) there are threads where players gathered the letters they received and as far as I know there is not a single companion missing - bascially the LIs that are bugged are just bugged for a selected few (yaaay -.-) and not everyone.

Any chance you can post the reddit link? I've tried, and apparently I have no ability to search reddit. I've never felt older.

EDIT Nevermind. My powers in Googlefu have grown.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

No official updates here? Even an acknowledgement from BW that they're aware this is happening would go a long way. I'd hate to lose my Kira romance on my Sentinel main since I've got a bazillion achievements and stuff on him and don't want to level another if I can help it.

No official updates here? Even an acknowledgement from BW that they're aware this is happening would go a long way. I'd hate to lose my Kira romance on my Sentinel main since I've got a bazillion achievements and stuff on him and don't want to level another if I can help it.

Maybe that's the goal, make us pay for more character slots. Sarcasm, of course. After all, I won't pay for something that's broken.

They haven't given any official recognition to this issue that I've seen. But I still hope they are looking into it and will have a fix soon.

I do think this randomly affects characters. But if I had to guess, I would say that LIs that are featured in the main part of the story (not alert recruits) are not broken.

If I get brave I'll start my BH in the new stuff next week and see if Torian makes the mention from the emperor. *crossing fingers* I have 2 agents and won't start them until I know things are okay, because I will not be without Vector. Never! you hear me, BioWare? :p

Edited by TinaLovesHan

My Jedi Knight was romancing Doc, I had gotten up to the marriage conversation and I escaped out because I wasn't ready to have her complete that conversation yet, now I wish I had because Sirala doesn't even get the option to speak with Doc anymore. I had canceled my sub shortly after the release of player housing to take a break from the game and just came back so I have not played the Shadows of Revan or any part of the the newest expansion and had only just dipped her toes into the Hutt expansion but as Sirala had not yet defeated the Emperor I didn't venture too far into it beyond an initial exploration. Now the heart next to Doc in the crew skills window is green instead of red and as I mentioned he no longer wishes to speak with Sirala, I do not want to go any farther with my class storyline (I was getting ready to send Sirala to Korriban) until this is fixed for fear I will do something out of order that may permanently break the romance. I tried purchasing courting gifts to give him and although it increases his points (from 9/50 to 14/50 it did not change the fact he still would not talk to Sirala. I wonder if the point threshold of the relationship flag for Doc got raised much higher by accident, perhaps that might have reset the relationship? Also, for some reason T-7, Kira and Rusk got real chatty on the ship, wanting to have multiple conversations all of a sudden - I can't however recall if these conversations occurred before and are being repeated or if they are new. Sirala is my main and my first character. I have not yet logged into any of my other characters to see if relationships have been affected.

Just a question, what did you pick when you had tell your companion to

1. Flee

2. Defend Marr's Ship

Is it possible if you pick the 2nd option they die or don't give out the letter ?:eek:

(it's probably a bug but still exploring all possibilities, maybe there's another bugged trigger at work here..)

Edited by Azareya

1. Flee

2. Defend Marr's Ship

Is it possible if you pick the 2nd option they die or don't give out the letter ?:eek:

(it's probably a bug but still exploring all possibilities, maybe there's another bugged trigger at work here..)

I told Vette to stay and defend the ship. I still got the letter.

Faylana: Courting gifts are bugged for romanced companions atm. Try giving Doc his next fav gift and see if the conversation unlocks for you again. I haven't heard that they changed when the flags are available, but I think they didn't mention some things. I did hear they unlocked companions conversations so they could all be finished so this makes it seem even more strange that Doc won't finish his conversations with you and makes me worried that your Doc romance may have the bug. You should submit a bug report to be safe.

Azareya: I told Felix to flee. Received no letter :(

I wanted to tweet at someone as well Swedguy but I wasn't sure who the proper person to tweet at was. :o

Faylana: Courting gifts are bugged for romanced companions atm. Try giving Doc his next fav gift and see if the conversation unlocks for you again. I haven't heard that they changed when the flags are available, but I think they didn't mention some things. I did hear they unlocked companions conversations so they could all be finished so this makes it seem even more strange that Doc won't finish his conversations with you and makes me worried that your Doc romance may have the bug. You should submit a bug report to be safe.

Azareya: I told Felix to flee. Received no letter :(

I wanted to tweet at someone as well Swedguy but I wasn't sure who the proper person to tweet at was. :o

I'd say Tait and Musco

1. Flee

2. Defend Marr's Ship

Picked flee every time. Sage and both inquisitors were all bugged. The Sorcerer surprised me the most because he had JUST completed all the companion conversations immediately prior to starting the expansion.

Edited by TaintedMustard

I had my character romance Felix to the max level, and when asked about the companions at the beginning of the expansion, I had her say that she found love with one of them. I sent him and the ship to safety at the sequence with Darth Marr. I've gotten one letter from Felix talking about "that's what love does', but no sign of him since and I've completed pretty much everything except for the Booming Voice quest, because PVP, and still waiting to finish up Dr Lokin's rakghoul thing since the event isn't live. I want Iresso back =(

Hope really they fix those issues,

a) because I have tons of courting gifts.

b) because the romances (and not the lightsabers!) are for me the main reason to play swtor and not some other game.

It would be nice, if they would at least give us a note, that they are aware of those issues and plan to work on them. I'm regularly reading dev tracker and notes of that kind are what I'm missing most.

Hope really they fix those issues,

a) because I have tons of courting gifts.

b) because the romances (and not the lightsabers!) are for me the main reason to play swtor and not some other game.

It would be nice, if they would at least give us a note, that they are aware of those issues and plan to work on them. I'm regularly reading dev tracker and notes of that kind are what I'm missing most.

I wonder if they are not saying anything because it's bad press and might slow subscribers, or because they haven't even come close to figuring it out yet.

I had my character romance Felix to the max level, and when asked about the companions at the beginning of the expansion, I had her say that she found love with one of them. I sent him and the ship to safety at the sequence with Darth Marr. I've gotten one letter from Felix talking about "that's what love does', but no sign of him since and I've completed pretty much everything except for the Booming Voice quest, because PVP, and still waiting to finish up Dr Lokin's rakghoul thing since the event isn't live. I want Iresso back =(

Your romance is working correctly. You'll just have to wait for him to return over the course of the KotFE storyline.

An in-game mailed response from Customer Service verified that this is a bug and they are working on it. Since my Consular did the romance with Nadia a few months after launch, and the romance wasn't recognized in this new expansion, I would guess that with all the server merges some data on the very oldest characters got lost.

My other, newer characters had their romance options recognized in Chapter 2.

So this is most likely a data loss issue at BioWare.

There are a number of possible solutions to this, but I would be willing to run KotFE over again if BioWare needs to re-set the romances for older characters. I would prefer this option.

The other option would be similar to when the HK-51 bug happened and we were all just bumped to the last part of the quest. This option would lose some of the story from Chapter 2, but it would be better than nothing.

An extreme option would be to re-create my character and level him up again. ugh.

Can folks with this issue confirm that:

1. The affected character did the romance shortly after the game's launch

and/or

2. The affected character was transferred to a different realm when the server merges happened (some, like mine, went through 2 realm transferrs.....Hyperspace Cannon (original server) to Drooga's Pleasure Barge to The Harbinger)

An in-game mailed response from Customer Service verified that this is a bug and they are working on it. Since my Consular did the romance with Nadia a few months after launch, and the romance wasn't recognized in this new expansion, I would guess that with all the server merges some data on the very oldest characters got lost.

My other, newer characters had their romance options recognized in Chapter 2.

So this is most likely a data loss issue at BioWare.

There are a number of possible solutions to this, but I would be willing to run KotFE over again if BioWare needs to re-set the romances for older characters. I would prefer this option.

The other option would be similar to when the HK-51 bug happened and we were all just bumped to the last part of the quest. This option would lose some of the story from Chapter 2, but it would be better than nothing.

An extreme option would be to re-create my character and level him up again. ugh.

and/or

2. The affected character was transferred to a different realm when the server merges happened (some, like mine, went through 2 realm transferrs.....Hyperspace Cannon (original server) to Drooga's Pleasure Barge to The Harbinger)

I did do the romance shortly after launch and yes I did get server merged. I can't remember if it happened twice, but it did happen at least once.

In the beginning I said I would not mind replaying the new stuff, but now with my Alliance at level 16, I would be sad to have to grind that all out again. I would rather the bump if at all possible. But whatever it takes to get my Iresso romance recognized I suppose I am willing to do.

A friend suggested recreating my Consular and replaying her story and romance. But some how that just wouldn't be the same :(

and/or

1. Yes for my consular. No for my sorcerer. I don't believe so for my assassin.

2. Yes for my consular and assassin, no for my sorcerer. Rubat Crystal -> Ebon Hawk

and/or

I have only taken my agent through out of fear of the bug, and he WAS NOT affected; his romance with Kaliyo was fine.

Problem being, while he was originally created on a server that was transferred, I seem to recall rerolling him, and not sure when that was. IF that was before the server transfer, as I believe, then---

1 His romance was completed during the first XP boost period after server transfer.

2 I believe he was made before server transfer.... but again, I'm not sure.

I did do the romance shortly after launch and yes I did get server merged. I can't remember if it happened twice, but it did happen at least once.

In the beginning I said I would not mind replaying the new stuff, but now with my Alliance at level 16, I would be sad to have to grind that all out again. I would rather the bump if at all possible. But whatever it takes to get my Iresso romance recognized I suppose I am willing to do.

A friend suggested recreating my Consular and replaying her story and romance. But some how that just wouldn't be the same :(

If they can't fix the issue or offer a reset, then they owe a character slot token IN THE LEAST for every affected character if we choose to play through again. I'm swiftly running out of patience; in my opinion, the game is now a broken product, and I don't like knowing I've spent as much money as I have on this game and for my favorite part- which has LONG been neglected, mind you- finally get new content only for the threat of the bug to ruin all possibility of enjoyment.

Combine that with their silence on the matter..... :mad:

*Phew* Ok, so, I've finished leveling my new SW and this time my romance with Jaesa was recognised.

So ... what did I do?

- I flirted with Vette and Jaesa whenever I got the chance until Vette made me choose - I chose Jaesa

- After that I NEVER flirted with anybody else but Jaesa

- Over the course of our conversations I married her, she addressed me as 'husbad' and was talking about how our offspring would rule the galaxy in times to come ... well, you know ... just standard Sith talk and stuff

- I completed the SW class story, I IGNORED Illum, completed Makeb, the SoR Prelude and following that Rishi and Yavin 4.

- In Chapter 2 of KotfE I got both 'love' conversations with Valkorion and I received her letter by the time I arrived at the Gravestone in Chapter 4.

Sooo ... to be honest I think I did it the exact same way on my bugged SW (maybe I didn't go for both Vette and Jaesa at the same time but that clearly can't be the cause of the problem ... I ... guess?) ... I really don't have an explanation as to why it apparently worked out fine on my new toon ...

Regarding question 1 - yeah, my bugged SW was my very first char, created back in 2011 and I guess I also finished the romance bevore 2012. Then however my smuggler and my JK were created in Jan 2012 and BOTH their LI were properly recognised.

About question 2 - Nope, no server transfer.

Ok, well, I guess I've got nothing more to add. As of now my very first SW is bugged and my newly created SW isn't. Gonna play him for the time being until BW either fixes the bug or gives me Vailyn as a possible LI - she'd definitely make up for Jaesa ... *evil laughter*