Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

I'm also encountering this bug on one of my characters. Here are some details:

Character: imperial agent, created during early access in 2011 and leveled to cap before patch 1.2

Romance: Raina Temple

I did not get a dialog option to confirm the romance during chapter 2. Not advanced enough to check if I get an email yet, will post again if I do.

I already played through the expansion with 2 other characters, a sage and a gunslinger, both created in spring and summer 2012; both had their romances acknowledged (Nadia and Risha).

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same on my Consular - Nadia romance not acknowledged.

But my friend said he got a chance to romance her.... as far as I can tell he did his romance with Nadia after legacies came about on SWTOR. I had done my romance *before* legacies came around on SWTOR.

I'm very upset... this is a game-breaking experience for me, as this deals with story and it is not being acknowledged.

I did a bug report in game for my release-era SW who married DS Jaesa and has the same issue, also gave them a link to this thread. It's been acknowledged so they have the reports, just have to give them time to look in to it and see what the error is and what fix they can do for it.

I have been playing Nayelii, doing the heroics and such. But I have not unlocked any of my original companions through the terminal as I'm hoping this bug can be fixed before I encounter Felix in game. I miss him a lot and wish I could have him at my side but atm, that just doesn't seem feasible for me.

If I get told that Nayelii can't have her romance fixed, then I think I may have to retire her. Having her 4 yr long romance flushed by the game is too much for her to recover from.

I am slowly playing through on my Trooper (who did have her romance recognized and she cheated on Jorgan with Theron during SoR) and my Sith Warrior (who also cheated with Theron through SoR and her romance recognized as well). Maybe Nayelii would have been safe had she cheated during SoR? :(

Edited by TinaLovesHan

So...has there been any official word on this, or any indication that the folks at Bioware have even noticed this is a problem? My inquisitor hasn't gotten to the KotFE content yet (or SoR...or even halfway through Makeb), but despite having completed his romance with Ashara and maxing out her Affection, she responds to companion gifts as though he hasn't. I've seen a couple people post that this is a separate bug...but honestly, until and unless this gets resolved (or Bioware gives some indication that they care enough to have read any of the many, many posts on the subject at least), I'm afraid to go do the new stuff...and I'm a little concerned about some of my lower level characters who are somewhere in the middle of romance stories.

Companion romances are a pretty big part of the story of our characters. While I can see almost anything happening or disappearing because of a bug, it bothers me a lot that I haven't seen anything from anyone officially addressing this...not even to say "Wow, we should probably work on that".

So...has there been any official word on this, or any indication that the folks at Bioware have even noticed this is a problem? My inquisitor hasn't gotten to the KotFE content yet (or SoR...or even halfway through Makeb), but despite having completed his romance with Ashara and maxing out her Affection, she responds to companion gifts as though he hasn't. I've seen a couple people post that this is a separate bug...but honestly, until and unless this gets resolved (or Bioware gives some indication that they care enough to have read any of the many, many posts on the subject at least), I'm afraid to go do the new stuff...and I'm a little concerned about some of my lower level characters who are somewhere in the middle of romance stories.

Companion romances are a pretty big part of the story of our characters. While I can see almost anything happening or disappearing because of a bug, it bothers me a lot that I haven't seen anything from anyone officially addressing this...not even to say "Wow, we should probably work on that".

Not that I have seen, my friend.

Finally stopped stalling and started chapter 2 and.... I have the bug. Valkorion complains about my allies and I can only say they might yet have their uses, call out to them or say I'd replace them. On a character I made less than 4 weeks ago, so the "only old characters get hit" theory os definitely out :/ I don't mind replaying my SI again once they fix this (and they better...), but this sure is putting a dampener on my enthusiasm for KotFE. Time to file a bug report, I guess...

I'm probably just going to say goodbye to Nadia and do the Lana romance (who can't even be customized! :mad::confused: ) rather than stall playing the game for weeks or months in the vain hope they fix this any time soon, or ever. They don't know how to save or read their data, it's pathetic actually. SoR had the problem so either they lost the data or it can't be fixed easily or they just can't be bothered. Edited by RAVM

How many of you with this bug had it on characters that transferred servers? Just throwing that out there as something else to explore. My consular is still on her origin server and didn't get the bug. My agent used to be on Lord Adraas and did get it.

Interesting theory. I didn't do any voluntary transfers but was moved for a server merge.

Edited by RAVM

Never transferred this character -- made him 25 days ago, kind of rushed through the story and started Makeb and FA before finishing the companion stories. I had a thought that that might have been the issue, but that wouldn't work for all the characters made at launch who presumably finished the romances becore RotHC came out.

Oddly enough I actually seem to have a variant of the bug -- I didn't get any chance to mention loving Ashara when talking about the companions or during the whole "maybe one day you'll find love" bit, but I just got to a mailbox and did get her letter, so... the game sort of recognizes the romance? Idk.

Oddly enough I actually seem to have a variant of the bug -- I didn't get any chance to mention loving Ashara when talking about the companions or during the whole "maybe one day you'll find love" bit, but I just got to a mailbox and did get her letter, so... the game sort of recognizes the romance? Idk.

I have a friend that had this issue. Couldn't talk about love, but did receive a letter from Ashara.

As far as transferring, I've never transferred but my character did get a server merge years ago.

I passed up all flirts and romances (including the cantina) for Iresso, so I will be waiting to see if it gets fixed. If it doesn't I guess she will have no one since she has passed over all other opportunities.

Since this has a huge affect on the story for my character I would still like to see it fixed.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

So I ran into this on my consular today; no option to acknowledge his relationship with Nadia in the chapter 2 conversations. Courting gifts weren't working properly before either.

The odd thing is that the game did acknowledge the relationship after the 4.0 update hit, but before I did anything with the KotFE expansion. My consular was my second (or third) 50 at launch and one I didn't play much after 50 because my friends were on the Imperial side. Nadia and Theron were the only companions that really had any sort of affection built up, so theirs were the only companion stories I had gone through until 4.0. So after the update I went back and did all the companion stuff I had missed.

In one of Qyzen's dialogues he talks about how a trophy from one of his hunts is considered an very romantic gift on Trandosha. Since I helped him get it he offered to let me give it to my "little mate Nadia."

I was relieved after I went through that conversation since I was sure that I had romanced Nadia but couldn't find any way to make sure of it since the gifts were bugged. But I still ran into the whole no previous love option in the chapter 2 conversations situation. Hadn't seen anything like this mentioned before, so I just thought I'd post my experience.

So we've had 2 patches and still they haven't fixed it...

I called. I submitted tickets. I canceled my sub. I submitted a dispute for my last cartel coins purchase. I'm with you fully. Not playing anything other than free to play to help my guild, and even that is running thin.

What did they say when you called them?

Soo ... just to *bump* this one back to the first page:

My SW is affected by the bug as well - I romanced DS Jaesa, married her and never cheated on her with Lana or Theron. I wasn't presented with the "love" choice when talking to Valkorion and I didn't receive a letter. Fun fact: Apparently my SW was my first toon ever created back then in 2011.

However everything worked fine with my smuggler (Risha) and my Jedi (Kira). Got both the dialogue choices as well as the letters *shrug*

Bums me out quite a bit, my SW is my second favourite character and I really don't want to retire him, but if they don't fix this and "reflag" our romances I guess I'll have to level a new one ... so, when's the next 12x EXP event ? ... -.-

Oh and of course I submitted a bug report but I only received a standard response ... not that I would have expected something else to be honest ...

I asked during today's livestream, and one of the mods running the stream said they're looking into the romance bugs <3

Me: Hi Musco, any thoughts on fixing the Companion Romance Bugs?

SWTOR Twitch Channel: I doubt he'll be addressing bugs and such on this stream (and I think they have Zombi's chat up over there), but we are looking into those bugs. ^_^

Edited by Swedguy

I asked during today's livestream, and one of the mods running the stream said they're looking into the romance bugs <3

Me: Hi Musco, any thoughts on fixing the Companion Romance Bugs?

SWTOR Twitch Channel: I doubt he'll be addressing bugs and such on this stream (and I think they have Zombi's chat up over there), but we are looking into those bugs. ^_^

Tell them to look faster! :D

Same issue.

Iresso romanced. Conversation in the dream not changed accordingly, no mail received. My character is really feeling lonely ATM.

As for one of the earlier question, this is not my first character (neither in KOTFE, neither in creation date).

So far I made 2characters through KOTFE, I didn't had any issue with the trooper (Elara romanced), but the AI had something weird. I never romanced anyone with her until Lana in SOR, but while I didn't had anything in the dream sequence, I had a mail from Vector. It might be related to the fact he sent me the usual "we are together" letters (the 3letters romanced companion send you, with a gift in each). Even though I clearly refused twice to be with him. And yes, it was very creepy. It was a long time ago though (back when the game was freshly released).

Ty for the bump Vinterhart, sorry to hear that you've experienced the bug too, though. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for asking in the stream, Swedguy and updating us. I'm glad to hear they are at least looking into the bugs!

I'm going to try and stay positive and hope they can in fact, fix the bug for us. *Pleads to BioWare.*

Came here to post but I see others are experiencing this as well. I've finished SoR on my Inq, had Ashara at 10 before the update, now courting gifts have no reaction and she only "likes" some of the other gifts.

I hopped over to my lvl 55 consular that hasn't even finished Makeb, Courting gifts aren't working on Nadia either (who was full romance, rank 10 prior to update).

Now I'm wondering what's going to happen to my romances when I start KotFE if I can't raise their influence in a positive way first (you know Ashara doesn't appreciate my DS ways).

Update: 4 chapters into KotFE, received mail from Ashara, confirming romance is still active.

Edited by Whitesentry
Update