@Bioware, there's still time to remedy Early Access...

Herculieas

From a customer service stand point I'm hope that they do. This is such a mess. The fan base is already hot and cold, but a lot of people are actually feeling purposefully duped. That's not good.

And to those saying "not biowares problem" if they lose subs over this, then yes, it is their problem! I, for one, really like this game and am not interested in seeing it suffer because of something so ridiculous as an asterisk.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of from August tenth to Oct 19th is unclear

"Choose to buy a Hyundai from August 10th to October 19th." This is how other companies use this terminology. I never took it to mean to buy a Hyundai every single day from August 10th to October 19th.

You guys don't need to white knight for this kind of thing. It would be really cool if companies could just plainly say, "You must be subscribed from AUG 10 to OCT 19 to get early access" right on the advertisement instead of some hidden disclaimer at the bottom. Maybe you think it's fine the way it is but you could at least try to see how other people could get confused by it.

They could have picked clearer wording to avoid confusion, but they didn't. It's obvious they wanted to try to trick people in to resubbing early. Otherwise we would have just waited until after October 27th, if at all.

I just think it's a bad decision to allow players who returned for the expansion to begin losing interest before the expansion is even officially released just because of a misunderstanding. The reason I care is because I love this game, I want it to do well. I wasn't subscribed for September or early October for some health reasons, and now I'm going to lose out. I'm also a founding member, so I've been around for a while.

I don't really care who gets early access, it wouldn't bother me if they opened up the ep right now for everyone. I just subbed and stayed subbed for the dumb rewards. I did read everything however and knew how to make sure I got early access and I understood what needed to be done. I don't know though, just let everyone play, the rewards are cool but might as well just let everyone that's subbed play now, early access isn't all spectacular and special. I think I was having more fun with 12x xp, I'd like to go back a week really.

You know the only issue I have is the email in OCTOBER linking to a page that talks about an offer you CAN NOT get it you havent meet the previous requirements.

Bioware would be aware if I had meet the requirements or not and therefore if I hadnt meet the requirements they should have emailed me a link to that page, it should have been to a page that didn't highlight early access.

However as the forums are displaying, there are enough customers who obviously miss understood the requirements and therefore a sign of good faith would be to at least acknowledge the misunderstanding.

So far, Bioware have said boo, which is not good customer service.

Ahhh I forget, Good Customer Service != Bioware.

There's nothing to fix.

There are those of us who have been continuously subscribed since early access pre-launch, who have remained and will continue to remain subbed because we actually enjoy the game and want to see it continue.

Then there are people who subscribed once because of shiny gifts.

The difference is that the players who have actually been steadily helping this game survive will get to enjoy the new content early.

BioWare is not to blame for the idiocy of certain players who lack the ability to comprehend or understand the English language.

I myself have a 6-month subscription, and most likely won't even get to play during early access because of work and real life commitments. Do you see me complaining? I couldn't care less.

If you people cannot find something to occupy yourselves with for 7 days then there is seriously something wrong in your lives.

Yeah, you know, by paying to being subscribed on the dates he was told to be to get it. As opposed to the people coming here going 'Hey, I'm subscribed now, GIMME GIMME GIMME!'

some people missed it by 12 hours i have been playing the game for 4 years. Like i said in another post how does 3 months of subscription trump some peoples years. When you play this game since the original early access there is bound to be lapses in game time. basically there is still a **** ton of subs that can log on and maybe do menial tasks but cant play right now. A game i could play perfectly fine yesterday because i was subbed i cant now.

this is just bad bad joo joo how many subs do you think that just cancelled and won't even show up for the 27th? ALOT it only hurts the current player base your not special and your money is not greener.

To sum up the OP : "I fail at reading comprehension, and want things done the way I want them".

Anyone complaining about not getting into early access only need look in a mirror. Instructions are hard, even when they are spelled out in huge words/pictures on websites and email s for months.

This is literally the dumbest post yet.

Give it a couple hours.

Honestly thought so far it seems people that got the EA, Are Complaining about bugs and people who didn't get in such as my self are Complaining about not getting in........................................

Would it not make sense to to a random server maintenance or something, Fix a few of the bugs and then let people in if they have 3 out of 4 or whatever of the stupid Pre-order items?

A friend told me, if I subscribe before / on October 20th (EU) I get access to the Expansion + a lvl 60 character. In the email, it says "be a subscriber on october 20th to get ..."

if its true that you have to be subscribed for a lengthy period of time beforehand (august 10th-october20) then this was false advertising and incredibly misleading, the only reason I extended my sub was the free lvl 60 boost.

Any clarity on this?

Give it a couple hours.

Honestly thought so far it seems people that got the EA, Are Complaining about bugs and people who didn't get in such as my self are Complaining about not getting in........................................

Would it not make sense to to a random server maintenance or something, Fix a few of the bugs and then let people in if they have 3 out of 4 or whatever of the stupid Pre-order items?

Look, I don't care either way on early access. I have it because I read the requirements for the sub. If people felt mislead, whatever. It's like those people that walk through a mall and see a "WIN THIS CAR" contest and just immediately sign without reading "You will have to pay 1/2 the cost, an entry fee, a competition fee, transportation fee, does not come with gas/tires/engine/steering wheel, no purchase necessary, must be 18+ to win." Oh, also all the phone calls and spam mail from them using your information to promote everything ever.

man im sure enjoying my early access, it has been a blast... enjoy waiting 7 days after we pillage through all the content :D , you should have READ! :cool:

I think you are a liar. If you had EA you would be playing it instead of being here inflaming the situation. Stop trolling.

I think you are a liar. If you had EA you would be playing it instead of being here inflaming the situation. Stop trolling.

lol come whisper me im lvl 65, its called having two monitors.. plus I'm not trollin, people are asking for it, especially with rude comments name calling people.

A friend told me, if I subscribe before / on October 20th (EU) I get access to the Expansion + a lvl 60 character. In the email, it says "be a subscriber on october 20th to get ..."

if its true that you have to be subscribed for a lengthy period of time beforehand (august 10th-october20) then this was false advertising and incredibly misleading, the only reason I extended my sub was the free lvl 60 boost.

Any clarity on this?

http://www.starwarstheoldrepublic.com/fallen-empire/

Bottom of the page, it hasnt changed, always been there since june.... NO you do NOT get early access. Though you will get the free lvl 60, on the 27th of this month.

Edited by SaerethDL

Bioware was very clear, and made a point to ensure the point came across. It's not their fault people were too lazy to read. (If your sub lapsed due to money issues. You have my sympathy) They even extended the July 31st date to August 10th. .

They actually weren't very clear.

One of the biggest issues was the email, or emails, that were sent out AFTER the August 10th deadline trying to convince people to come back with the lure of early access.

The fact that those did go out and that they did use the lure of early access muddies up the water quite a bit.

They actually weren't very clear.

One of the biggest issues was the email, or emails, that were sent out AFTER the August 10th deadline trying to convince people to come back with the lure of early access.

The fact that those did go out and that they did use the lure of early access muddies up the water quite a bit.

picture of said email and date please?

picture of said email and date please?

Subscribe by October 19 to get the Swoop Mount – and all subscribers get a Free Level 60 Character!

Was the headline of one of the newsletters yet a lot of us subscribers never got that. I filed a ticket and got a scripted reply in my email. So EA/Bioware is dropping the ball and should be held accountable. They already admitted the issue was on their end and have failed to fix the issue.

I find it very amusing how, all of a sudden, everybody becomes a linguist and criticizes "the wording".

It was clear to me and, apparently, a whole bunch of other people. Heck, I even told one of my friends that subscribing the day before Early Access wouldn't let him in on October 20. He was shocked as some other people here seem to be.

This is what happens when people assume instead of thinking. Asking them to grant you Early Access now because of your own mistakes, mainly to cure your frustration, is just selfish and only makes you look bad. Cut it and take the opportunity to do something else.

If they made an exception now, next time everybody would yell again "but you budged last time, why can't you now" etc.

Edited by yllesius