The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How are you enjoying the update so far?

DeLaaNie

My first impressions:

Nooooo! My poor inventory, look at this mess! Whose pants and gloves are these? Why is Skadge mostly naked? Why can't I give Andronikos back his weapon? Why am I getting grade 1 mats from RE'ing a level 50+ purple? What do you mean I can't change Niko's clothes? Where is my ship droid? 250K Influence?? Ahhhhh! :eek:

There were good things too though. The green default companion gear no longer requires that companion! I am so glad I saved Nadia's outfit. :D And the change to how presence scales looks promising; combined with the ability to swap their roles, this is going to be great! I like how they gave companions new lines for their new roles. Skadge calls you a wimp when he heals you. xD

I felt exactly the same at first ;) What a mess! But I played through chapter V and loving the story so far.

Some part of the new gameplay, however, are a real letdown. Like when I went back to my level 50 toon, who was still on the Voss storyline. She was overleveled for Voss, but that's how I wanted it to be. I grinded to make sure that she would be that overleveled. And guess what? Now Voss quests are level 50 and I will have to grind some more. Just when I thought the grinding part would be behind me and I could just relax and enjoy the story! :rolleyes: Let's hope we will have an option to remove level-sync.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might didnt play the game because there was simply nothing to do in it. Its not bw fault thats right. But this just shows how disrespectful they treat their customers. If i was him i would prolly forgot about swtor sub either because when your card runs out there quite few things that need to be sorted out . And helping your customer by reminding him via mail is just simply mandatory gesture

I'm sick of seeing crap like this. What more should they do? Call him, go to his house, show up at his work? I mean come on. If he didn't log in to see he wasn't subbed and if he didn't check his e-mail what else can be done. smh.

Ok..

Start Rant!!!

I am very upset that I have played through chapter 9 and I still don't know where my companions are.. Who is going to be the Herald for Qyzen?? Who is going to train Nadia?? Tharan and Holiday??? Meh... They can stay lost.. Can I keep Scorpio as a ship droid??

I don't even know if I am going to keep the companions I have now as it is?? Should I give them gifts to earn influence??? Or wait till I find my old ones??

End Rant!!

From what I have played,, This game is a kick in the pants and I am loving it.. Still getting used to the some of the changes.. Like the new companion system for one.. But over all the story is totally awesome.. I just love playing it and being a part of it.. This is what SWTOR should have been Dec. 20, 2011...

It's not bad overall, but I'm very upset that they removed the unique weapons from "The Jedi Prisoner" and "A Call to Arms". I completed Taral V on one of my Jedi Knights alone just hoping to get the Lightsaber of Inexorable Defense, and, after 4.0, it turns out that I not only have to repeat Taral V to finish the quest, but the weapon for which I began the quest in the first place vanished from the mission's rewards. Edited by NekoAggelou

Just got to Chapter 8 before logging. Enjoying the story.

I hate that I can't put the new companions in different outfits. I hate that they didn't give us more with the original LIs. Haven't gotten to these classic conversations I've heard about. Love the legacy wide datacrons. Shadow Stride may not be the lunge I wanted, but it's good enough :)

I don't get it.. I started my download at about 6am.. 2 hours before the servers were to be back up.. My download took about 10 minutes.. Servers were up about 6:45am or so and I have been playing every since.. Wife started her download at 6pm.. Patching corrupted her game and I uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch.. Took about 45 minutes for fresh install and patch.. By 7pm she was up and playing..

19 hours??? I just don't get it?? No offense but are you on like AOL or something?? Sorry had to ask?? :o

Didn't really dislike it, but there's nothing to like, either. They are trying to push the right buttons - try to make the story about you, give you beautiful cutscenes, decent dialogue with Prince A. and his dad, etc., but it just doesn't cut it. I don't feel it. It's empty, like a dead battery.

And losing all my companions (I'm between chapters and I only have Treek and HK-51 for crafting and running missions; thank heavens I didn't run the expansion on my crafters) doesn't help, either.

The only thing I really liked were letters from Torian and Theron. I have a feeling I'm not going to see Torian again, though. :(

Story-wise... loving it.

Crafting ? HATE it. Taking entire sections from one craft and after 2 years, tossing them into another trade is just a horrible idea. I took Cybertech and leveled it to 500 and worked on getting the Armor mods maxed.. and today.. Nadda.. moved to another trade skill.. and tossed in a new item to construct as an ingredient to boot.. :mad:

Companions- Like the idea that I no longer have to gear them up. Didn't like finding all their gear in my inventory and mail box when I logged in.

Level Sync- Don't like it. It should be a "clickable" choice when dropping on a planet you have leveled past if you wish to help other players with quests / battles and not have your level cause them to gain little or no exp with you in the group.

If I didn't play SWTOR for the story, the other changes would have had me walking away.

watching cutscenes is hardly content though....

So far these forums have taught me that questing and leveling aren't content, strongholds aren't content, GSF isn't content, dailies aren't content, new difficulty modes of flashpoints aren't content and now story cutscenes aren't content. Some people have even said warzones aren't content.

So I guess the only thing that counts as content are the raids I have never done. That's really weird that I've been playing a contentless game for 4 years.

So far these forums have taught me that questing and leveling aren't content, strongholds aren't content, GSF isn't content, dailies aren't content, new difficulty modes of flashpoints aren't content and now story cutscenes aren't content. Some people have even said warzones aren't content.

So I guess the only thing that counts as content are the raids I have never done. That's really weird that I've been playing a contentless game for 4 years.

Agreed! Plenty for me to do. It's all content, whether people like it, that's a different matter.

lol if this guy isn't paid by Bioware.. what a joke.

Sarfux has only one opinion, and that opinion is that everything Bioware does is perfect/amazing/unimpeachable.

There. You never have to read anything he ever writes again. Just assume Sarfux is cheerleader squad captain for it if Bioware's doing it.

I don't get it.. I started my download at about 6am.. 2 hours before the servers were to be back up.. My download took about 10 minutes.. Servers were up about 6:45am or so and I have been playing every since.. Wife started her download at 6pm.. Patching corrupted her game and I uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch.. Took about 45 minutes for fresh install and patch.. By 7pm she was up and playing..

19 hours??? I just don't get it?? No offense but are you on like AOL or something?? Sorry had to ask?? :o

My bf and I are still trying to install. This is on good gaming systems, hardlined not wireless. We've been working on this since 9:45am pacific time. 15 hours and I'm only at 86%. I don't get it either.

Agreed! Plenty for me to do. It's all content, whether people like it, that's a different matter.

old content.

content we've already been doing for a few years now. not a lot of new stuff to do. not a lot at all, seeing as story is short, there's only one new flashpoint and everything else is basically... same old.

I mean... sure I can go back to doing same old, just with less of being relaxed about it, thanks to level sync. except thanks to level sync I can't even do a lot of "same old" that I used to.

so to answer OP. how am I enjoying update so far? I'm enjoying character models for new characters. I'm mostly enjoying story, short as it is. but I'm relaly not seeing myself subscribing continuously if this is how things will continue to be, becasue I won't be playing enough to justify givng $15 a month to this game instead of elsewhere.

Nevermind the little problems and bugs. This is the first time I've actually laughed really hard while playing story content in this game. More than once too. Story seems more interesting than anything class stories had to offer. Mechanically game seems so much more polished and smoother after 4.0 too. Only annoying thing to me is that they kept the ugly crew skill window. I really expected them to streamline that a bit with all the missions becoming visible too.

So far 9/10 for 4.0

Good job Bioware.

1. Loving the hell out of the story. Its very action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Played a solid 6 hours today and got to the very beginning of chapter 4. Considering I still have what 5 chapters and then like, 7 other characters to do it with as well, i'm going to busy for a bit.

2. I actually like the new crafting, its refreshing and feels less bulky.

3. Loving the legacy datacrons

4. Loving the new contacts window

5. Loving the level synch

6. The only bug I've actually seen was in one of the cinematic, nobody was wearing pants. However, it was so funny that I really didn't mind that much.

7. Had no problem patching, received all of my subscriber rewards because I followed the instructions. (Holy crap is the swoop bike big) (Nico is awesome)

8. Haven't done any of the "solo mode flashpoints" so I can't put my input in on those

9. Haven't pvp'd yet either, so can't comment on how the new gap closer/escapes are effecting the game.

Final thoughts: Worth every cent of my money. It feels amazing, it runs amazing, and it looks amazing. (Loving the new Lana)