SWTOR has lost -544 Affection with Paulius (spoilers)

Paulius

to heck with the affection titles I want to know about how you got the imp companion on your kinght's ship. I've got her in my stronghold but only knight companions in the exact same place on every character.

Kaliyo appears in a cutscene on the ship during Doc's companion quest.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

using your figures @ 600k for 5 companions = 600k x 40 = ugh math here? 2.4 million ?

Erm. It's actually twenty-four million (24,000,000) credits.

That's a lot of dailies.

Edit: That's also the number for 40 characters. (I believe the originally quoted number was 600k total for a single character's 5 companions.) So 8 characters = 600k x 8 = 4.8 million, which is much less work.

Edited by SelinaH

i know you weren't speaking to me, but, because of your belittling point of view against his concerns that i can relate with, I will in fact respond to you.

that text saying you got that achievement is clearly not as important to you as it is to others, it is in fact important to others.

in mmos, more than just swtor, there are achievement sections, many people see an achievement and see what it takes to get the achievement, and work to get that achievement. not everyone is bedazzled with shinys, in turn not everyone cares about accomplishments.

you stated your interests are: looks, stats and inventory of your character - other people have different interests.

sorry pal, not everyone is just like you, no matter what you think, you're not gods sole gift to the universe, other people do exist.

You are the one belittling people here, I'm simply stating that text saying ''You did it'' is not an important aspect of the game, nor will it being removed impact the game in even a medium amount. Now, I know that an experience is more rewarding when you have a big flashy display congratulating you for an accomplishment, but a few of those moments getting removed without removing accessibility to the other rewards that came along with it (Achievement points, CC, titles, ect) should not be seen as a legitimately big complaint. A small annoyance, maybe.

And, no matter what you want to delude yourself into thinking (And ithis is me belittling you) I do not think as myself as 'gods sole gift to the universe' and you continuing to label anyone that dares disagree with you on this subject as having that mindset makes you that much harder to take seriously.

EDIT: As for the OP, I don't know how it could be taken as belittling, but I wasn't aiming to come off that way. He/She was polite about their complaint and didn't present themself as a whiny child like you would see in most complaints and Defense threads (Not to say there arn't very good ones, just that the poo slinging from both sides seems to be the majority of threads). And the fact that he even thought to apologize when no apologies were needed was good as well.

Edited by Codedrago

OP, totally understand you feeling.. not mine but still.

This is and will be a huge change for some of us, so... not so much.

As I have said in other post's I will play it and see what I see. If I like I will stay..if not.

My only gripe right now is the black/black dye. Why is it NOT on the CC as the other dyes are?

I will not buy a dye pack and hope 1 out of 1000 has it in there when it was for sale not to very long ago.

My rant/ and I feel you rant as well.

Best of luck.

PS> you are not a troll, just stating your personal feelings.

The Leader title is being removed

The achievement granting it previously is been removed. We have no indication that the actual title will be removed from characters who already have it.

44 achievements to look at are being removed

Because I have nothing else to do than look at your companion achievements when passing you on the fleet. Trust me: Nobody has ever looked at your characters and at those achievements. Those aren't the Wings of the Architect.

all the achievement points for those are being removed.

Wrong again. They are being re-distributed to somewhere else. By completing 100% companion achievements (which you will still have if you killed 1.000 mobs with the companions) you will have all the total points you still had before.

Edited by Alssaran

The sheer level of entitlement is astounding.

It is just an achievement being merged over. You can still gain favor with companions and do their stories, those aren't being removed. Just the method and achievement for doing so is changing. The existing titles are remaining. And even then, if they did take the title away, it is such an over reaction.

People getting this upset over something this trivial really should take a break from the game.

The sheer level of entitlement is astounding.

It is just an achievement being merged over. You can still gain favor with companions and do their stories, those aren't being removed. Just the method and achievement for doing so is changing. The existing titles are remaining. And even then, if they did take the title away, it is such an over reaction.

People getting this upset over something this trivial really should take a break from the game.

You failed to read, hard.

The Squad Leader title is going away, since there's 0 mention of it being regranted or staying.

Squad Commander title is being given to anyone who gets a different milestone.

All the achievements are being removed, and their points are being reduced (the Blog says the "new" achievement is going from 5 points - 20 points each. The old achievement is going from 25 points each to removed entirely.

25 is a bigger number than 20).

When was the last time a game took away stuff you already earned without you having cheated for it to begin with? Ever? Affection isn't going away, it's being renamed.

Why aren't they just making it a 10k Influence achievement instead? Too hard to code? So we'll just remove it? lol

I don't get how it works. Are you just clicking so fast that the system acknowledges the gained affection, but not that the item is supposed to be gone?

No...it's not a trick. Your just stretching out how much longer you can use the cheap gifts while still gaining affection. Normally, once you hit 2000 affection, you would move on to level 2 gifts. However, you still gain affection from level 1 gifts until you hit 6000. The gains, though, become smaller as you hit 2000 and 4000 affection. You need more gifts to reach 6000 affection, but it's still much cheaper to do so.

It's an alternative way to gain affection. Cost vs. # of clicks.

Honestly i dont post much... but how is it companions now going to be just reskins of each other a good thing? all blaster pistol companions will have same powers etc... How is this good? why even earn compamions as they will all be the exact same even in story missions.. just let people pick which ever they want at level 1 and be done with it...

Honestly i dont post much... but how is it companions now going to be just reskins of each other a good thing? all blaster pistol companions will have same powers etc... How is this good? why even earn compamions as they will all be the exact same even in story missions.. just let people pick which ever they want at level 1 and be done with it...

You will essentially be doing just that. You want Vette to be a healer instead of a dps? It's on. Want her to tank? She'll be able to do it. So you can pick a comp and make them what you want them to be, a function that people have been asking for for a long time.

Yeah, why would you have more friends in life if you already have a partner?

The companions are part of the story and different people like different companions because of their personalities. That's why there are different ones. When you play a Sith Warrior, who is your favourite companion? Chances are not everybody picks the same and in 4.0 that will still be the case. Companions are more than just their combat role.

When was the last time a game took away stuff you already earned without you having cheated for it to begin with? Ever?

Lots of times. Including this expansion with the changes to crafting. My Cyber loses armoring mod crafting and all the recipes I learned. My Artisan is losing enhancements and all of those recipes. I'm not talking the trainer learned ones, but the ones you have to go out and buy and disassemble to get.

Changes far more significant that your achievements and title, both in time and cost. And guess what, I'm perfectly OK with those changes. Because crafting needed to be balanced over again. And the overall changes to the system are an improvement. So I'll take the loss and work those skills up and again, and find all those mods over again.

So much for assumptions on your part.

Lots of times. Including this expansion with the changes to crafting. My Cyber loses armoring mod crafting and all the recipes I learned. My Artisan is losing enhancements and all of those recipes. I'm not talking the trainer learned ones, but the ones you have to go out and buy and disassemble to get.

Changes far more significant that your achievements and title, both in time and cost. And guess what, I'm perfectly OK with those changes. Because crafting needed to be balanced over again. And the overall changes to the system are an improvement. So I'll take the loss and work those skills up and again, and find all those mods over again.

So much for assumptions on your part.

So your response to "when was the last game a MMO removed earned, non-cheated content from a player" is "with this expansion right now". :rolleyes:

Frankly I've peeved about that stuff too, since my main is Cybertech and is losing multiple crafting tyoes (and everything with them) and gaining just about nothing but Enhancements in exchange... which is being taken from another craft to begin with, lol.

I'm sure some people respond with an "Eh" when their home burns to the ground too, but that doesn't mean we should try and avoid it to begin with. If you're totally indifferent to changes, then why even bother posting? You've got the same opinion as an inanimate object.

So your response to "when was the last game a MMO removed earned, non-cheated content from a player" is "with this expansion right now". :rolleyes:

Frankly I've peeved about that stuff too, since my main is Cybertech and is losing multiple crafting tyoes (and everything with them) and gaining just about nothing but Enhancements in exchange... which is being taken from another craft to begin with, lol.

I'm sure some people respond with an "Eh" when their home burns to the ground too, but that doesn't mean we should try and avoid it to begin with. If you're totally indifferent to changes, then why even bother posting? You've got the same opinion as an inanimate object.

Really? So BW is burning your house to the ground with these changes? A bit over the top, isn't it? It's more like that kid at the next table stole some of your French fries isn't it? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, this post deserves two :rolleyes:

Really? So BW is burning your house to the ground with these changes? A bit over the top, isn't it? It's more like that kid at the next table stole some of your French fries isn't it?

Yes, this post deserves two

No, but it's a bit pointless to claim one doesn't care about the changes anyway but bother to talk down to people who do care. "It's not important to me, so it's not important to anyone!"

Surely there'll be someone somewhere who doesn't care if their house burns to the ground either, so what does a "You're wrong, but I don't care about this anyway so whatever" opinion add? Just about nothing. I'm not gonna take fire safety advice from the guy who doesn't care about his home burning down to begin with.

Ergo, if someone wants to debate achievements being taken away, but simultaneously doesn't care and is trying to convince other people who care to stop caring... well that doesn't really work does it.

Oh, and I'd totally talk to some little brat being allowed to steal from other people at a restaurant by inattentive or uncaring parents. Wouldn't you? ;)

Edited by Transairion

SWTOR means a lot to me. It helped me get over some really hard times and I used it as a crutch when I was dealing with some serious problems in my life.

Sounds like a dramatic prelude for fanboy's soul cry, lol. After such "real serious" intro, I usually stop reading. Hope devs do the same.

Visit the doctor.

Edited by Rouakh

No, but it's a bit pointless to claim one doesn't care about the changes anyway but bother to talk down to people who do care. "It's not important to me, so it's not important to anyone!"

Surely there'll be someone somewhere who doesn't care if their house burns to the ground either, so what does a "You're wrong, but I don't care about this anyway so whatever" opinion add? Just about nothing. I'm not gonna take fire safety advice from the guy who doesn't care about his home burning down to begin with.

Ergo, if someone wants to debate achievements being taken away, but simultaneously doesn't care and is trying to convince other people who care to stop caring... well that doesn't really work does it.

Oh, and I'd totally talk to some little brat being allowed to steal from other people at a restaurant by inattentive or uncaring parents. Wouldn't you? ;)

Nah, I'd be all over their parents though.

My thing is this, this respect thing you're asking for is a two way street. Unfortunately, I didn't pen the term White Knight, or Fanboy. However, I have watched the term thrown around, along with a rather healthy dose of melodrama along the lines of "I suppose some would go meh when their house burnt down". I'm thinking if I have to take the comparison that far, the issues aren't necessarily with the game, but more internal. That's going to seem rude, and maybe hurtful, but the reality is, these things aren't even in the same ball park.

What also doesn't work is trying to convince someone that doesn't care that they should. We'll find some of that going on in all the various "I don't like xxxx" or "I do like xxxx" threads. People that are convinced they are the center of the universe, and any change should be met with their level of approval, whether that be negatively, or positively. I didn't find the "burned down house" comparison to be humorous, I found it quite alarming. It shows a separation from reality that should really be looked into, or, alternatively, as a sign of desperation on how much one wants us to believe what they believe. Which doesn't necessarily preclude the former.

lol ok - where was i talking to YOU while replying to HIM and quoting HIM.

your post and choice of words shows you attempting to chastise or degrade me during my debate with snowflake, when in reality while being condescending to me, you actually helped my argument in more ways than one, GREAT JOB.

whatever, different stuff has different importance to different people - we all are not like you and him nor are we all like me. get over it dude. they are deleting the titles and achievements and there's nothing that can change it. let this die.

and my 2 credits worth of thought remaining to your full on ignorant post - i didn't level with anyone out but treek or hk, but you could in fact count all those play times while leveling with each of those 8 toons with those 40 companions for conversation and dialogue affection gains in my argument in him saying 10k affection can be obtained in 2 hours and is no effort. but whatever.

like i said before, it may not be important to you or snowflake, but to others it is, so what.

doesn't matter as the community manager and the game team in austin could care less.

their silence, and history of being silent on changes that upset customers, proves this is happening and nothing can be done to prevent it. shall i reference examples?

oh and the comment about the trooper companions, thats 5 in 40.

and again, snowflake and i were having a debate on him saying this was done in 2 hours and was meaningless.

but since you chimed in, i see leveling up to corelia, as you point out, is probably more than 2 hours of playtime.

having to hit escape to go back and restart each cutscene to maximize affection gained, lol, alone, is more than 2 hours of playtime, in just one planets worth of missions alone. thats not counting actually having the time spent to level yourself to get to said cutscenes and dialogues.

you say to put treek or hk away and use the companions up to makeb... thats more than 2 hours of playtime, since you want to include yourself in mine and snowflakes debates - stick to the points him and i were discussing.

leveling up to makeb with each companion is more effort than clicking on gifts in 2 hours as snowflake mentioned, so while you are actually trying to make me look foolish in your ignorant rant here, you actually helped my case.

thanks!

who said anything about leveling with uwt? i'm not sure but in the original arguments between snowflake and myself, he was the one quoted about running missions, i can go back, but i dont think he said anything about uwt.

still, those missions added up, are more than the 2 hours of effort that he stated to belittle my concerns about this.

there are many different methods to get things, in game, and in life.

not every one plays the same, has the same style, has the same thoughts, the same concerns, or cares about the same things. but other styles, thoughts, concerns and feelings DO EXIST.

just because you did something one way, and by the way you described it, was a lot of time, doesn't mean other people do things your way. not everything revolves or evolves from you and your methods and thoughts.

in the end you can attempt to attack me for debating with snowflake, doesnt matter, your words are, well just words in a dead thread that has no importance to anyone but yourself, kinda like these titles and achievements to me. and honestly, you've actually helped my case with snowflake.

in the end, they are deleting things people EARNED, regardless of importance, and nothing can change it.

Dude. get a hold on yourself. It's a phrase, written in binary code, that sits like a signpost above your head. It looks nice aesthetically, but it's utterly meaningless otherwise. The level of condescension, pretentiousness and burned bridges you've dished out in this thread over that is ridiculous. I didn't really care one way or the other whether the achievements/titles stayed or went, but if it helps break you from your unhealthy attachment & animosity, better to do away with it. Some time away from the game to reconstitute yourself in reality should do you some good.

Imperial/Republic Squad Commander is a new title.

Imperial/Republic Squad Leader is the current title.

The Leader title is being removed, 44 achievements to look at are being removed, all the achievement points for those are being removed.

All that is being granted "retroactively" is a new title for reaching 10k "Influence" with old companions. Aka basically the same thing. So there's no reason to not keep the damn things and rename the achievements to reach 10k Influence.

No, they're just being thrown in the trash.

Are you 100% positive the old title is being removed. I reread the announcement on the removal of the affection based achievements and I could see no mention of the title being removed.

The achievements for maxing out affection are essentially a checkbox, the real value is in the story/ cutscenes you unlock (not being removed) and the companion unlocks (heroic moment cooldown and presence buff, also not being removed).

If you could link to the confirmation the old title is being removed that would be great :)

Even then, losing the title hasn't been a hard loss as it only ever felt appropriate on Republic Troopers.

Edited by Vhaegrant

Are you 100% positive the old title is being removed. I reread the announcement on the removal of the affection based achievements and I could see no mention of the title being removed.

The achievements for maxing out affection are essentially a checkbox, the real value is in the story/ cutscenes you unlock (not being removed) and the companion unlocks (heroic moment cooldown and presence buff, also not being removed).

If you could link to the confirmation the old title is being removed that would be great

Even then, losing the title hasn't been a hard loss as it only ever felt appropriate on Republic Troopers.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on some information regarding changes to Companion Achievements in Knights of the Fallen Empire. As many of you know, Affection is being changed to Influence to coincide with your Character's Alliance. Due to this, we are going to be removing all of the "Reach Max Affection" Achievements from the game, along with the Achievement points which they have granted. We didn't want to create a situation where a very large number of Achievement points was no longer accessible. You can click the spoiler tag below to see a full list of all of the Achievements being removed.

As a note, the Achievements for "Loyalty to the [Class Name], which were granted for maxing Affection for all of that Classes Companions are going to be changed as well. Now, you will complete that Achievement by completing the "Kill x enemies with x as your active Companion" Achievements. To make up for the loss of Achievement points made via these changes, we have also adjusted the following:

• We have increased the point values for the “Kill 1,000” Achievements from 5 to 20.
  • We have added a new “Devotion to the [Class]” Achievement for completing all of the “Kill 1,000” Achievements for a given Class/Faction. When completed, you will be granted the Imperial/Republic Squad Commander title respectively.
  • We have added “Kill x” Achievements for both ship droids.

Thanks!

-eric

Here is the full list of Achievements being removed:

• -AGENT-
    • Ensign Temple: The Mysterious Lieutenant
    • Kaliyo Djannis: The Rattataki
    • Eckard Lokin: The Brilliant Doctor
    • SCORPIO: The Killer AI
    • Vector: The Joiner

[*]-BOUNTY HUNTER-

• Blizz: The Inventor
  • Gault: The Scoundrel
  • Mako: The Slicer
  • Skadge: The Gangster
  • Torian: The Apprentice

[*]-CONSULAR-

• Felix Iresso: The Cheerful Soldier
  • Nadia Grell: The Wilder
  • Qyzen Fess: The Mighty Hunter
  • Tharan Cedrax: A Man and his Hologram
  • Zenith: The Freedom Fighter

[*]-INQUISITOR-

• Andronikos Revel: The Pirate
  • Ashara: The Fallen Padawan
  • Khem Val: The Shadow Killer
  • Talos Drellik: The Archaeologist
  • Xalek: The Kaleesh

[*]-KNIGHT-

• Doc: The Ladies' Man
  • Kira Carsen: The Unexpected Padawan
  • Rusk: The Sergeant The Sergeant
  • Lord Scourge: The Unlikely Companion
  • T7-O1: The Astromech

[*]-SMUGGLER-

• Akaavi Spar: The Uncompromising Mandalorian
  • Bowdaar: The Loyal Wookiee
  • Corso Riggs: More Than a Mercenary
  • Guss Tuno: The Failed Jedi
  • Risha: The Underworld Princess

[*]-TROOPER-

• Elara Dorne: The Defector
  • Aric Jorgan: The Career Soldier
  • M1-4X: The War Machine
  • Tanno Vik: The Renegade
  • Yuun: The Findsman

[*]-WARRIOR-

• Broonmark: The Beast
  • Jaesa (Light): The Padawan
  • Jaesa (Dark): The Corrupted Padawan
  • Pierce: The Commando
  • Quinn: The Officer
  • Vette: The Treasure Hunter

[*]-OTHER-

• HK-51 (Imp): Declaration: I Love the Master (Imperial)
  • HK-51 (Rep): Declaration: I Love the Master (Republic)
  • Treek (Imp): The Unlikely Mercenary (Imperial)
  • Treek (Rep): The Unlikely Mercenary (Republic)

There's nothing 100% foolproof that says "Yes the title is being removed", but since they go out of their way to say "The achievements (that granted the title), Loyalty to the [Class], are being removed" it follows reasoning that the title isn't going to remain, because there's nothing left to grant it anymore.

It's also telling since they explicitly pointed out:

[*]We have added a new “Devotion to the [Class]” Achievement for completing all of the “Kill 1,000” Achievements for a given Class/Faction. When completed, you will be granted the Imperial/Republic Squad Commander title respectively.

which adds a different title, but of all the things they reassured as staying (IE Presence and so on), the title wasn't mentioned at all. Silence all but means it's gone, since if it was going to stay, why not announce it? Bit of a jarring human error. Especially since they went to the trouble to say "you won't lose too many achievement points".

It's not a checklist though, there's an entire Legacy tab devoted just to companion "affection" and class buffs and Heroic abilities from Chapter 2-3. Achievements are there for achievements. That Legacy tab has been there since Legacy was introduced pre 2.0, when achievements first showed up.

Frankly it just looks like they went "well, they both have Republic/Imperial Squad in it, that's close enough'.

Players who earned it shouldn't have Leader taken away just cause. The Chevin/Original Rakghoul titles are gone forever, they're not stripping those away from anyone who has them >_>

Edited by Transairion

There's nothing 100% foolproof that says "Yes the title is being removed", but since they go out of their way to say "The achievements (that granted the title), Loyalty to the [Class], are being removed" it follows reasoning that the title isn't going to remain, because there's nothing left to grant it anymore.

It's also telling since they explicitly pointed out:

which adds a different title, but of all the things they reassured as staying (IE Presence and so on), the title wasn't mentioned at all. Silence all but means it's gone, since if it was going to stay, why not announce it? Bit of a jarring human error. Especially since they went to the trouble to say "you won't lose too many achievement points".

I've put a post up on that thread asking for Eric to confirm the status of the original title. It never hurts to ask ;)

It certainly does not follow that the title is being removed from those that have already earned it.

If anything, the fact that they have introduced a new title that does near enough the same thing implies the opposite. Otherwise it would have been easier to keep the original title.

Again, what's "significant" is subjective. The question is, why remove the achievements when there's the alternative of archiving them? Why remove the titles (IF they are indeed being removed - hope we get confirmation soon)? As you say, crafting needs to be balanced so the changes are actually justified; I'm okay with my schematics going obsolete despite countless re-engineering and prayers to the RNG god and look forward to crafting new ones.