Companion Affection Achievements in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

Please fix or remove 2 bugged achievements

1) kill makrin with fire on makeb

2) receive 100k damage in Alderaan Warzone

-------

also about codex in Kotfe

in Kotfe we can create 60 lvl character

I think this 60 lvl shouldn't have codex entries from 1-50 class story (because he can't find it)

or he maybe need it autogranted

also will be better if it has no bugged entries too

-------------------

about bugged on old characters

my idea

if we no have time full fixed it

maybe possible simple decreasing numbers

(exmpl. jedi consular

uncategorized category (need delete it - http://s020.radikal.ru/i701/1506/35/01fd5bf0b0a7.jpg

datacrons ../74 -> ../73 (because 1 bugged)

epic enemies ../182 -> ../16 (because 166 bugged)

pvp ../27 -> .../25

space all ok

titles ../141 -> ../122

bestiary ../82 -> ../77

crew skills all ok

events all ok

game rules ../16 -> ../15

locations all ok

lore ../167 -> ../152

lost knowledge (this need? maybe delete?)

organizations ../58 -> ../54

persons of note ../80 -> ../77

planets all ok

ships all ok

species ../42 -> ../40

all ../1083 -> ../827

if need I can count for the others class too )

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they want you to grind. This is all they want us to do is grind because they have barely any new content to expansion. Spent hundreds of dollars/ hours getting my companions maxed to have it taken away because it is inconvenient for some pie in the sky devs.

I spent real money on packs for gifts to get affection and they decide to nullify it.

Combined with their conquest fail, this expansion looks to be terrible.

They're removing the achievements. Have they stated that they're removing the other benefits to affection as well? Such as the legacy presence bonus and crafting bonuses? If not, they didn't nullify anything, especially since affection levels will be retained through Influence if I understood Eric correctly during the stream.

Not saying I agree with removing the achievements, putting them in an archived section like other archived achievements would have worked fine in my opinion and removing them causes other problems, but they're not making all your work on affection useless. The benefits in other areas are still there from what we can tell so your time and effort wasn't nullified.

Worked on getting affection to max on 20+ companions to max by running multiple toons to max as well for completion sake and achievement points?

Spent the credits and time clicking gifts over and over and finishing the companions story?

Cared enough to actually do it all for the titles?

We'll guess what? You were a fool!

The achieves are all they are removing... not the presence bonus for completion companion stories or the current affection/influence you might have with companions.

And as Eric said, the points lost will be moved to those "Kill X" achieves, so its nothing really. Hardly anything anyone should feel foolish over. Maybe, just maybe, one could gripe about having levelled two Jaesa's. Thing's change, though. Toys can be put back in the pram, nicely and safely.

Will those of us who already earned the achievements, titles and other Legacy rewards for maxing out companion affection with all companions of all classes remain for us on all characters of the account (even newly created ones like it is now) or will we have to go grind kills to get them back? I certainly hope you won't take them away from some of your most devoted players.]

The achievements being removed are being replaced by other achievements which grant the same things. I don't know about you, but for me 1k kills is/was way easier to get than 10k affection.

What about all of that Affection I farmed for my Companions?

We haven't forgotten the relationships you've built; the affection you earned will not be lost and the relationships you built will continue to be relevant.

-eric

So I guess this is no longer relevant then?

At the end of the day, this is just a game and I am not going to get upset over something trivial; but you did say this back int he Aug Companion info.

At the end of the day, this is just a game and I am not going to get upset over something trivial; but you did say this back int he Aug Companion info.

They're removing the achievements relating to affection because it won't be in the game anymore. The affection you had will, if I understood Eric correctly in the stream, be influence for those companions. So you're not losing it, it's being transferred to something else.

That doesn't mean you will start at 0 influence. We are probably having high influence with our companions instead.

Because they want you to grind. This is all they want us to do is grind because they have barely any new content to expansion. Spent hundreds of dollars/ hours getting my companions maxed to have it taken away because it is inconvenient for some pie in the sky devs.

I spent real money on packs for gifts to get affection and they decide to nullify it.

Combined with their conquest fail, this expansion looks to be terrible.

Please boss you didn't spend money on crates for the companion gifts

Stop whining

That doesn't mean you will start at 0 influence. We are probably having high influence with our companions instead.

Indeed, it could be that 10k affection = level 10 influence or something similar... who knows, it might mean we start with a fully maxed influence... unlikely and I hope not - I don't want to skip gameplay in 4.0 just because I finished something in 1.0.

And the hits keep on coming. Take this level synch and shove it up your behind. Crafting is nerfed. Companions are no longer geared and they're all equal. Buy your level 60's on the CM. Now this. It's kind of like graduating from school and a couple of years later the school says, "We're no longer going to grant diplomas to graduates because that makes the drop outs feel bad, and btw if we gave one to you in the past, it is hereby revoked."

The Lord giveth; the Lord taketh away.

Your only recourse is to leave. What I just did is remove my credit card from their records so I won't auto-renew for 6 months, then buy a one-time to see how bad this really is.

Great ... now I have to choose get my three last toons to 55+ or farm affection with companions I don't have at 100 yet ... thanks Bioware for removing something good (again).

On another but very related note ... when are we going to get this Alliance blog that has been promised to us for at least a month already?

They're removing the achievements relating to affection because it won't be in the game anymore. The affection you had will, if I understood Eric correctly in the stream, be influence for those companions. So you're not losing it, it's being transferred to something else.

But unlike say the makeb achievement that is being taken out completely and BW is rewarding you for it doing it.

This time, they are removing achievements and the points and telling you, "Hey, just to it all over again, in a different format to get back to where you were."

Grinding in an MMo is normal but damn..... Taking away things like achievements just to make gamers go back and get it again in a different way. just wow.

Thats pretty messed up no matter if you keep presence or affection. Put it in the archive, let the achievements stand. Put in something new if you need it attached to kills with nothing on affection.

Edited by Quraswren

And the hits keep on coming. Take this level synch and shove it up your behind. Crafting is nerfed. Companions are no longer geared and they're all equal. Buy your level 60's on the CM. Now this. It's kind of like graduating from school and a couple of years later the school says, "We're no longer going to grant diplomas to graduates because that makes the drop outs feel bad, and btw if we gave one to you in the past, it is hereby revoked."

The Lord giveth; the Lord taketh away.

Your only recourse is to leave. What I just did is remove my credit card from their records so I won't auto-renew for 6 months, then buy a one-time to see how bad this really is.

Suuuuuurrrrreeee you did.....:rolleyes: Aren't you kinda making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on some information regarding changes to Companion Achievements in Knights of the Fallen Empire. As many of you know, Affection is being changed to Influence to coincide with your Character's Alliance. Due to this, we are going to be removing all of the "Reach Max Affection" Achievements from the game, along with the Achievement points which they have granted. We didn't want to create a situation where a very large number of Achievement points was no longer accessible. You can click the spoiler tag below to see a full list of all of the Achievements being removed.

As a note, the Achievements for "Loyalty to the [Class Name], which were granted for maxing Affection for all of that Classes Companions are going to be changed as well. Now, you will complete that Achievement by completing the "Kill x enemies with x as your active Companion" Achievements. To make up for the loss of Achievement points made via these changes, we have also adjusted the following:

• We have increased the point values for the “Kill 1,000” Achievements from 5 to 20.
  • We have added a new “Devotion to the [Class]” Achievement for completing all of the “Kill 1,000” Achievements for a given Class/Faction. When completed, you will be granted the Imperial/Republic Squad Commander title respectively.
  • We have added “Kill x” Achievements for both ship droids.

Thanks!

-eric

Here is the full list of Achievements being removed:

• -AGENT-
    • Ensign Temple: The Mysterious Lieutenant
    • Kaliyo Djannis: The Rattataki
    • Eckard Lokin: The Brilliant Doctor
    • SCORPIO: The Killer AI
    • Vector: The Joiner

[*]-BOUNTY HUNTER-

• Blizz: The Inventor
  • Gault: The Scoundrel
  • Mako: The Slicer
  • Skadge: The Gangster
  • Torian: The Apprentice

[*]-CONSULAR-

• Felix Iresso: The Cheerful Soldier
  • Nadia Grell: The Wilder
  • Qyzen Fess: The Mighty Hunter
  • Tharan Cedrax: A Man and his Hologram
  • Zenith: The Freedom Fighter

[*]-INQUISITOR-

• Andronikos Revel: The Pirate
  • Ashara: The Fallen Padawan
  • Khem Val: The Shadow Killer
  • Talos Drellik: The Archaeologist
  • Xalek: The Kaleesh

[*]-KNIGHT-

• Doc: The Ladies' Man
  • Kira Carsen: The Unexpected Padawan
  • Rusk: The Sergeant The Sergeant
  • Lord Scourge: The Unlikely Companion
  • T7-O1: The Astromech

[*]-SMUGGLER-

• Akaavi Spar: The Uncompromising Mandalorian
  • Bowdaar: The Loyal Wookiee
  • Corso Riggs: More Than a Mercenary
  • Guss Tuno: The Failed Jedi
  • Risha: The Underworld Princess

[*]-TROOPER-

• Elara Dorne: The Defector
  • Aric Jorgan: The Career Soldier
  • M1-4X: The War Machine
  • Tanno Vik: The Renegade
  • Yuun: The Findsman

[*]-WARRIOR-

• Broonmark: The Beast
  • Jaesa (Light): The Padawan
  • Jaesa (Dark): The Corrupted Padawan
  • Pierce: The Commando
  • Quinn: The Officer
  • Vette: The Treasure Hunter

[*]-OTHER-

• HK-51 (Imp): Declaration: I Love the Master (Imperial)
  • HK-51 (Rep): Declaration: I Love the Master (Republic)
  • Treek (Imp): The Unlikely Mercenary (Imperial)
  • Treek (Rep): The Unlikely Mercenary (Republic)

Hoooooooold on there bud if i have this right doesn’t this mean all the time we spent getting every companion to max affection now means nothing?, what about companion gifts does this not kill the market for these?.

Also maybe a reward for maxing all our compa out?mmmm.

Affection <> Achieves.

You are correct that they are not the same. But some players did the affection grind just for the Achievements. So there is a correlation of sorts.

Again, as I said, it is just a game so not going to get worked up or upset over something trivial. Just asking a question.

As a note, the Achievements for "Loyalty to the [Class Name], which were granted for maxing Affection for all of that Classes Companions are going to be changed as well. Now, you will complete that Achievement by completing the "Kill x enemies with x as your active Companion" Achievements. To make up for the loss of Achievement points made via these changes, we have also adjusted the following:

Question regarding this. What if you already have "Loyalty to [Class Name]," for every class. Will that be taken away if you don't also have the 'Kill 1000 enemies" for every companion?

We have added a new “Devotion to the [Class]” Achievement for completing all of the “Kill 1,000” Achievements for a given Class/Faction. When completed, you will be granted the Imperial/Republic Squad Commander title respectively.

Again, do we lose the Imperial/Republic Squad Commander title (or is this different from the one we get, can't remember the exact name) if we haven't finished the Kill 1,000 achievements?

I just want to know before I start murdering many thousands of digital creatures on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas.

Edited by Master-Nala

Hoooooooold on there bud if i have this right doesn’t this mean all the time we spent getting every companion to max affection now means nothing?, what about companion gifts does this not kill the market for these?.

Also maybe a reward for maxing all our compa out?mmmm.

I am going to assume that you only skimmed that post. Only the achievements are being removed for the 10k Affection, you still get the legacy and presence bonus' for hitting 10K. So, no all that "Time" you spending isn't for nothing. Also, I don't think this is going to "kill the market for companion gifts"

Unless of course you only got them to 10K for the achivements, then... ok, sure.

Why do this?

How does this help the game, how does this treat customers that have spend a lot of time and effort in maximizing the affection for the achievements. How does this affect the perks of maximizing the affection from these companions that has nothing to do with the achievement points.

So far nearly every step taken in 4.0 seems to be a desire to make it very clear that the development team do not value long term players and that they really only want people that play for a week then run out of content and go play something else.

One might almost think the plan is to tank ToR to get out of some contract. If this is the plan then it all starts to make sense. Just a shame the people that don't want to see the game fail aren't making the decisions.