Core World Changes

TaitWatson

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will this affect preferred and f2p? Will there still be a penalty once you hit level 20?

Hopefully.

If I understood the live stream right, the purple "critical missions" were supposed to only be boosted for subscribers. It will not be cool at all if they gibe F2P such a boost.

F2P needs to retain restrictions or it will become not worth it to subscribe, meaning a loss of money for BW.

Will we still be able to play the old personal story with a new lvl 60 character?

That one is answered in the live stream.

All Class Missions and the core story arcs for each planet are part of the critical path and we’ve updated these Missions to be easily recognizable on the map due to their purple triangle icon. They also have a purple display name in your Mission Log. Additional Missions on the critical path will retain the classic gold triangle icon and Mission log text.

Sweeeeeeet! Been anxiously awaiting JUST this sort of feature. This is GREAT for new players and players with lots of alts alike - so - great for EVERYONE!

Heroic Missions have been adjusted to be completed by groups of 2+. This means that former [Heroic 4] missions have had their difficulties reduced.

This should quell all the tin-foil hatters out there who were in a panic that they couldn;t solo a Heroic because of the new Sync system. Very nice!

Heroic Missions no longer need to be turned in at an NPC or Mission Dropbox. On completion of the final step of a Heroic Mission, the Mission completion dialog will appear immediately in the field.

For those who do a lot of heroic dailies, this will definitely help make things quicker. Though i also think it contributes to a form of laziness, I doubt anyone will knock not having to run back to a drop box.

Heroic Missions are now repeatable weekly and feature all new rewards!

So, wait, no more dailies? Or are the weeklies in addition to the dailies? If Heroics are now only weekly, then good, because that will help add value to rewards.

Purple Triangle: These are critical path story Missions: your class Missions, planet story arcs, certain Flashpoint story intros, and more, including the new Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapters.

Okay, now throughout the article, it states that the purple missions are critical missions that get you to 60. Yet the icons will persist into FE. So will the boost remain in the newer areas? if not then I would think the purple icons would be confusing people into thinking they only have to do those missions to level up, then find themselves in a bind later on, thus having to backtrack. Can we get clarification?

Edited by Faelandaea

Question: whats the point of the leveling system, if you're ham-fisted into specific power level always?
I can't tell you how many times I've answered this question. It's not a very well-thought-out question. Will I see your level 12 in Nightmare Dread Palace in 4.0? No, I will not. Level-Sync only syncs down, rather than up or both.

The only thing I think they need to clarify on this blog is the heroics weekly line, does this mean that heroics can only be done weekly or is there a weekly "bonus" quest available I mean why would you make a change to weekly unless they think it will be abused with level 65's spamming DK heroics to get level 65 gear/rewards (we saw from the stream that even with level sync it did not look that difficult).

Ok i have a question. When will this be implemented and will 12xp be going away? I am trying to level some alts and i need to know if i need to get my grind on while 12xp is still active if its going away soon.

The mechanical changes will be going in when early access hits. 20 Oct is the scheduled date

I really doubt that. They didn't say anything about the core missions scaling towards your level so you might only be able to get so high from that alone and even if they did the heroic missions are only going to be a weekly thing instead of a daily thing. If you can't get max level with the 12x experience right now by chapter 1 then it's not going to be that way now I think. I'm thinking you might just end up to level 40 at the most.

Regardless, it still remains uninteresting and unfun gameplay. If I wanted to rush through a leveling game, I would not have played this game. Completely asinine of them to force this system when the game was built to be the best leveling experience in the MMO genre.

Ok i have a question. When will this be implemented and will 12xp be going away? I am trying to level some alts and i need to know if i need to get my grind on while 12xp is still active if its going away soon.

From the Knights of the Fallen Empire FAQ on the main page.

ALL SUBSCRIBERS RECEIVE THE ADVANTAGE OF THE EPIC STORY XP BOOST THROUGH OCTOBER 19, 2015!

HOW ABOUT THE WORLD LAY OUTS FOR PVP SERVERS?

YOU GUYS KEEP PREACHING ABOUT STORY ARCS, STORY LINES ETC...

WHAT ABOUT PVP SERVERS BEING TREATED AS SUCH?

YES I LOVE THE STORYS OK GOOD CAN WE GET TO THE CORE ISSUE AND THAT IS

SERVERS, WORLD LAY OUTS ACTUALLY DO MORE TO DISCOURAGE WORLD PVP THAN ENCOURAGE IT.

PVP SERVERS HAVE SAFE ZONES WHERE YOU CAN NOT EVEN ATTACK THE OTHER FACTION IN FAVOR OF WHAT? INTERUPTING THEIR PVE EXPERIENCE BUT WAIT, ITS A fu**ING PVP SERVER... WHAT GIVES?

maybe get a dev who did not take part in Warhammer because that game failed on world pvp.

It says I will now get the mission complete dialog and rewards without having to return to Npc/terminal, for heroics. Can I still turn in my heroics to npcs if I want to?

I like receiving thanks for my efforts :)

It's been a while since I did a whole new character, but I can't recall getting off the starter planets at less than 12, and I'm pretty sure I had one guy make 14 before I left. Now, I did the heroic and got all the datacrons before leaving, but still. I just can't see how you can stay on level or below level doing everything (including exploration and datacrons) on each planet. Skip the bonus series on Taris/Balmorra and Nar Shadaa, maybe?

So what bugs me is Belsavis,that is belsavis dailys ,i guess they would go under belsavis bonus series ? since belend is lvl 41-44 ,and the dailys (bonus series if you will) are lvl 47 up if im not wrong,will the bonus series be downgraded or what .....sorry if i missed it in the article :D

HOW ABOUT THE WORLD LAY OUTS FOR PVP SERVERS?

YOU GUYS KEEP PREACHING ABOUT STORY ARCS, STORY LINES ETC...

WHAT ABOUT PVP SERVERS BEING TREATED AS SUCH?

YES I LOVE THE STORYS OK GOOD CAN WE GET TO THE CORE ISSUE AND THAT IS

SERVERS, WORLD LAY OUTS ACTUALLY DO MORE TO DISCOURAGE WORLD PVP THAN ENCOURAGE IT.

PVP SERVERS HAVE SAFE ZONES WHERE YOU CAN NOT EVEN ATTACK THE OTHER FACTION IN FAVOR OF WHAT? INTERUPTING THEIR PVE EXPERIENCE BUT WAIT, ITS A fu**ING PVP SERVER... WHAT GIVES?

maybe get a dev who did not take part in Warhammer because that game failed on world pvp.

People still play on those? Transfer off your dead PvP server. This isn't the PvP game you're looking for...never will be either. If you can't figure that out by now, you never will...took me 3-1/2 years myself, but at some point, you just gotta face the facts.

So what bugs me is Belsavis,that is belsavis dailys ,i guess they would go under belsavis bonus series ? since belend is lvl 41-44 ,and the dailys (bonus series if you will) are lvl 47 up if im not wrong,will the bonus series be downgraded or what .....sorry if i missed it in the article :D

We don't know yet. My assumption is that those cases will be retuned to the planet's base level.

I have a concern regarding some pieces of gear from specific heroic missions. For example, the "Enemies of the Republic" H4 inside the instance at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant awards, for Commandos, an Autocannon with an awesome sound, and for Vanguards, a very compact blaster rifle that looks like a modern Spec Ops SMG. If the rewards are now made generic, will it be possible to obtain these rewards some other way, e.g. from a Basic Comms vendor on the planet?

~snipped useless muttering~

Geesh. Caps much? Well you at last talk like a typical PvPer. But - uhm - you should probably think about at least trying to make your post have some sort of sense or grammar so it is at least halfway readable if you want it to be considered by whomever you are trying to address.

P.S. - This is not a PvP game. Yeah they tossed you a bone by giving you guys some PvP, but the main core of this game is PvE.

Edited by Faelandaea

I have a concern regarding some pieces of gear from specific heroic missions. For example, the "Enemies of the Republic" H4 inside the instance at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant awards, for Commandos, an Autocannon with an awesome sound, and for Vanguards, a very compact blaster rifle that looks like a modern Spec Ops SMG. If the rewards are now made generic, will it be possible to obtain these rewards some other way, e.g. from a Basic Comms vendor on the planet?

Now that's a good question. Friends in deed rewards some pretty nifty chest pieces as well. We will have see

Is that the one that sounds like the minigun in "Predator"? I haven't played my Commando in forever.

Anyway, good question. Really the only reason to run some of the lower level heroics/FPs is because of the look of certain drops. If they do away with those, even less reason to run them.

How will this affect preferred and f2p? Will there still be a penalty once you hit level 20?

As someone who sits between preferred and subscriber, I am very happy BioWare has decided to speed things up. Most Free2Play players are 'casual' and 'single' players; thus, the focus on story content is a BIG win. Before the XP boost was put into place, the game's leveling experience was extremely boring.

I currently have three characters. Do you want to know the irony? Even though I am currently a short-term subscriber, I leave for several months due to the leveling. Since I become so tired of the slow leveling, while also become angry due to story sidetracking, I end up leaving SWTOR for months on end.

I spent three years on leveling two avatars. If it was not for the Epic XP boost, I would not be leveling a third avatar. Since I don't have to worry about side-quests, I am enjoying the core character story, subscribing for slightly longer periods, and buying a mess of cartel coins.

I normally subscribe for two months spurts.

I am currently heading into my third month.

O.O

KotFE opens the door for casual and single players.

Preferred/Subscriber allows me to play the game on a budget. Since I have a lot of offline obligations, the new changes will allow me to: (1) balance my monthly budget, (2) focus on the core story, (3) play a casual and single player experience, (4) buy cartel items, and (5) have fun.

I am very-very anxious to play through the new story content.

FYI - I am loving the bounty hunter storyline.

Edited by Linyivee

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

So it used to be that you had to do the story missions on a planet and the planetary missions (core) on a planet and maby a few extra non-core planetary missions.

And now you've been "inspired by 12x xp" to "streamline" that into "only" doing the story missions and the planetary core missions.

So you've removed, what, like 2 missions per planet or so?

Hmmm... I was figuring on you changing it so that we could basically play almost like it is with the Epic story boost, and only do the storyline missions and maby one or two other mission, but instead you've hardly changed it at all.

Oh well, I guess I'll just play through the expansion once or twice before I cancel my sub instead of doing it with all my 20+ characters that I have been waiting to record with the new "streamlined" experience.

That's disappointing. 12xXP was brilliant...now requiring all Class Missions and the core story arcs for each planet is a huge bump to what needs to be done.

Again, I'm agreeing with TUXs here...

That's a sure sign that you've done something massively wrong. We almost never agree on anything.

But when we do, it's usually something that turns out to be a massively stupid move by you guys.