Level synch = Revival of SWTOR

Heat-Wave

How about the compromise of making it entirely optional, so that everyone gets what they want, except for the people who get pissed off about how other people get enjoyment out of a game.

I'd rather they leave it as it is now. I wouldn't want development time to go towards something that 20 people on the forums are crying about.

Most are indifferent as with many things in this game, hence why they stay subbed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no more reason to go to low-level planets in 4.0, and an additional reason not to.

Kinda the reverse of what Bioware was hoping for...

I'll be going back. So there is no reason for you personally to go back.

Me, I like going back to planets, not to one shot stuff, but because I enjoy the planet. And having actual stuff to do, will be nice. For me.

And I'm kinda hoping it means they'll add more daily areas on older planets...doubt it, but for me personally, I would like new groups to gain rep with on previously visited planets.

Uh . . . you CLEARLY saw AND acknowledged in the stream that when Eric went to that heroic area he solo OWNED all the mobs there. he didn't even take any damage, really and blew away silvers and elites as if they were normal/weak mobs.

Again, you display your selective tossing out of bits of information and trying not to acknowledge that something in this game is not so bad. I have no clue why you are even still playing. The only thing you have ever done is complain about literally everything about this game. If you hate it so much, go play something else. No one will miss you, I am sure.

For those who didn't watch the live stream - Eric pretty much had a level 60 go to Dromund Kaas. His character sync'd down to level 18 and he was practically one-shotting silvers in the heroic area. Golds would go down in just a few shots. He was on a BH Merc I think with Mako in heal mode, even though Mako hardly had to toss any heals at all.

That's nice, don't care.

The fact that a level 60 would even draw agro or have to fight anything in those areas is a damn joke -- and not even a good joke at that.

~chuckles~ He wouldn't listen, even if you paid him to.

Well, I guess it's time for you to join him on the ignore list, since you're both obviously incapable of making any "argument" that doesn't involve a juvenile and pathetic attempt to belittle and demean anyone who doesn't agree with you.

allows you to do the dailies and new missions on each planet so you can do even more stuff to get more gear and more credits for your character to have more fun in the game!

As you pointed out here, the whole galaxy will be added to our daily areas as relevant and profitable content. This is nothing but a good thing. Thankfully all these weepy forum nerds are not in charge of game development.

No, the part about "If syncing is optional, then those who turn it off don't get ANYTHING doing the lower-level content" (paraphrasing).

well it's true, aside from achievements(which don't matter at all imo), there is no reason for a 65 to come back to a 20 planet. They don't need any gear that drops from any of the world bosses, they don't need the 100-2000 credits the repeat quests give since the 65 quests will pay out more. Absolutely no reason for a level 65 to do any lower level content at max level.

And the turn it off = don't get anything will stop level 60-65's stealing quest mobs from people actually trying to level just cause they want to rush through a heroic that they don't need to do anyway. Unless ofc they just want to grief.

Level Sync is gonna be fun as it'll give me something to do at endgame now instead of sitting in fleet/strongholds waiting for my dailies and weeklies to reset.

No, the part about "If syncing is optional, then those who turn it off don't get ANYTHING doing the lower-level content" (paraphrasing).

As I was told when I requested an option for my boyfriend and I to have an option to do our mission in the new expansion together instead of twice, I was told that they would not use resources for that. If they give an option for this, then there are a lot of other issues people have been bringing up for options on this expansion.

Level sync seems pointless other than playing with low level friend. Facerolling? Musco facerolled those elites with 60lvl starter gear even while being de-leveled. No more ganging, like there is any owpvp action in this game.

Level sync heroics are the "new" end game.

After you are lvl 65, that "you get your current level exp from killing low mobs and rewards for your level" is also irrelevant.

As I was told when I requested an option for my boyfriend and I to have an option to do our mission in the new expansion together instead of twice, I was told that they would not use resources for that. If they give an option for this, then there are a lot of other issues people have been bringing up for options on this expansion.

More options is almost always better.

Sick of Bioware's excuses.

well it's true, aside from achievements(which don't matter at all imo), there is no reason for a 65 to come back to a 20 planet. They don't need any gear that drops from any of the world bosses, they don't need the 100-2000 credits the repeat quests give since the 65 quests will pay out more. Absolutely no reason for a level 65 to do any lower level content at max level.

And the turn it off = don't get anything will stop level 60-65's stealing quest mobs from people actually trying to level just cause they want to rush through a heroic that they don't need to do anyway. Unless ofc they just want to grief.

Level Sync is gonna be fun as it'll give me something to do at endgame now instead of sitting in fleet/strongholds waiting for my dailies and weeklies to reset.

The ones that want to grief will do it no matter what, the rest will be at least somewhat considerate.

Others and myself have put together some lists of why a 60 would want to go back to a level-20 planet or whatever right now, before the change, and none of them had anything to do with world bosses, griefing, or 100-credit loot drops.

You do realize that 12XP is optional and level sync is not?

And as I stated in another forum:

As you pointed out here, the whole galaxy will be added to our daily areas as relevant and profitable content. This is nothing but a good thing. Thankfully all these weepy forum nerds are not in charge of game development.

Why is it that 90% of you in favor of this can't get through a post without resorting to a childish putdown?

Are you really so unsure of your position that you need to try to cut everyone else down?

Well, I guess it's time for you to join him on the ignore list, since you're both obviously incapable of making any "argument" that doesn't involve a juvenile and pathetic attempt to belittle and demean anyone who doesn't agree with you.

That's nice, don't care.

The fact that a level 60 would even draw agro or have to fight anything in those areas is a damn joke -- and not even a good joke at that.

"Juveniles!" he cries, as he draws aggro from a mob, and decides this was the worst day of his life.

You convinced me, better unsub so I dont accidentally aggro. That would surely be the end of me.

Yavin is such a pain anyway, aggroing everything! Wish there would be a way to avoid aggroing mobs or not having to fight them! Oh wait, theres plenty of ways.......

My big concern with level sync is that it'll make it impossible to kill commanders for planetary conquests (or, for that matter, base guards for OWPVP).

Say I, having played to 65, go to Hoth. I'll be level synced down to level 40 or so. Whatever. I get an ops group of my guildies to kill the opposite faction's planetary commander for the encryption/framework drop. But the commander and his surrounding guards are still 60, or 65 if they get adjusted to the new cap.

I'm "level synced" 25 levels below what I'm trying to kill, even though I should be the same level. So level sync is going to take away the ability to hit something that I should be able to hit, unless base defenses are also taking level sync into account. And no one asked that question on the stream, either.

Agreed. Once the dust settles and the shock value is gone no one will care either way. People will either adapt or log off and go play something else. they won't be missed. I purchased another 6 months sub because of all the cool stuff they are giving us in 4.0. :)

Once the dust settles and the shock value is gone, I will adapt. But will I be happy about it? Nope, because with the way I play, there's no upside to this change. I do everything solo: it made the endgame h4/fp undoable solo overleveled. My job and social life keeps me pretty busy so I have neither the time or the wish to grind on older planets, thanks, so I'll probably just stop going back there as much as possible. Plus, I like that being overleveled allows me to grind way less. The only question is if it will be bad enough for me to unsubscribe and keep playing with a preferred status? I'll get the answer when 4.0 will be there.

Edited by lanawinst

"Juveniles!" he cries, as he draws aggro from a mob, and decides this was the worst day of his life.

You convinced me, better unsub so I dont accidentally aggro. That would surely be the end of me.

Yavin is such a pain anyway, aggroing everything! Wish there would be a way to avoid aggroing mobs or not having to fight them! Oh wait, theres plenty of ways.......

So... nice strawman, or something. I guess. And ad hom, that's in there too. Oh well.

/ignore.

More options is almost always better.

Sick of Bioware's excuses.

Except when it comes to players just exploiting the systems on/off switch, which I can see happening a mile away without any jedi powers.

I agree to a point. If the lvscale would be optional, it should be server or instance separated, so players cant just jump around flipping on/off whenever suits them, like "oh I'll just lv the next 5lv to 65 lv on tatooine, but if i see lowbie I'll just flip the switch off and oneshot him! Then I can flip it back and continue lvl".

Having it optional like that is just not going to work and will encourage abusing the system.

SO, if it were to made optional, it should be scaled or non-scaled for EVERYONE on that instance to keep the harmony.

Edited by Kiesu

Also it's only a nerf because it wasn't originally in the game. Had this game rolled out with level scaling it would just be the way things are and always have been. Which is how new players will view the game.

This is probably true. I personally don't have problems with the scaling in GW2, because 1) That's just the way it's always worked, and 2) The game doesn't make it necessary to actually group up to participate in multiplayer events.

This is quite a big change to shoehorn into a game nearly 4 years into its active life, though. Especially announcing it a mere 3 weeks before a huge expansion.

My big concern with level sync is that it'll make it impossible to kill commanders for planetary conquests (or, for that matter, base guards for OWPVP).

Say I, having played to 65, go to Hoth. I'll be level synced down to level 40 or so. Whatever. I get an ops group of my guildies to kill the opposite faction's planetary commander for the encryption/framework drop. But the commander and his surrounding guards are still 60, or 65 if they get adjusted to the new cap.

I'm "level synced" 25 levels below what I'm trying to kill, even though I should be the same level. So level sync is going to take away the ability to hit something that I should be able to hit, unless base defenses are also taking level sync into account. And no one asked that question on the stream, either.

That's assuming that those npc's aren't going to be sync'd as well, I've yet to see or hear about any info saying that NPC's for pvp related content is going to stay at level cap. If so I doubt it'll stay that way or at the very least they'll take that part out of the conquest requirements.

That's assuming that those npc's aren't going to be sync'd as well, I've yet to see or hear about any info saying that NPC's for pvp related content is going to stay at level cap. If so I doubt it'll stay that way or at the very least they'll take that part out of the conquest requirements.

It's not the conquest "requirements" I'm concerned about. With other changes to conquests, the commanders are going to be one of the very last sources of flagship expansion materials available to smaller guilds that do not have the sheer numbers (or desire to PVP) that will be necessary to place in the top 10.

I doubt Bioware would deliberately make commanders impossible to kill, but given their history of messing up huge sweeping changes, overnerfing, implementing less-than-well-thought-out stuff like the contraband slot machine, etc., I am very concerned that they might make base guards/commanders impossible to kill by omission, i.e. failing to downscale them along with the players.

And if they do make that omission, we'll be waiting a year or so for a fix. "Oh, it's only OWPVP, nobody ever does that, so there's no need for a fix!"

Why is it that 90% of you in favor of this can't get through a post without resorting to a childish putdown?

Are you really so unsure of your position that you need to try to cut everyone else down?

It's a common practice in 'discussions' that they can accept just thinking differently then you, but have to make sure to belittle the other side in an attempt (keyword attempt) to make their side look better.

Or they're simply just really rude *Shrugs* And take into account that I'm on their side of the argument...

well it's true, aside from achievements(which don't matter at all imo), there is no reason for a 65 to come back to a 20 planet. They don't need any gear that drops from any of the world bosses, they don't need the 100-2000 credits the repeat quests give since the 65 quests will pay out more. Absolutely no reason for a level 65 to do any lower level content at max level

You don't RP, do you?

Many locations on low-lvl planets are great for RP sessions. Take a walk into Tython mountains with your padawan. Go on search of ancient artifacts into Belsavis tombs. Sneak into sand people village. Go feed your enemy to sarlacc. Free a hostage from pirate den. And so on.

There are a lot of great location populated with enemy mobs. When they are grey, they ignore you, unless you step on them. So you can have your RP session uninterrupted even in the middle of heroic area.

In 4.0 it will become impossible, because mobs will aggro to you no matter what, no matter how many levels you are above them.

For some people it is not about stomping weak mobs or easy commendations. It is about going into nice locations and have uninterrupted conversation. Which will be absolutely impossible when 4.0 hits.

And trust me, having to stop conversation every four minutes to kill respawning mobs is NOT fun.

((But I understand, everyone must play the way you play. How dare people enjoy the game differently!))

It's not the conquest "requirements" I'm concerned about. With other changes to conquests, the commanders are going to be one of the very last sources of flagship expansion materials available to smaller guilds that do not have the sheer numbers (or desire to PVP) that will be necessary to place in the top 10.

I doubt Bioware would deliberately make commanders impossible to kill, but given their history of messing up huge sweeping changes, overnerfing, implementing less-than-well-thought-out stuff like the contraband slot machine, etc., I am very concerned that they might make base guards/commanders impossible to kill by omission, i.e. failing to downscale them along with the players.

And if they do make that omission, we'll be waiting a year or so for a fix. "Oh, it's only OWPVP, nobody ever does that, so there's no need for a fix!"

I really doubt they'll have pvp objectives remain max level on downscaled planets such as Tatooine, Hoth, Alderaan, Voss etc...While some of Bioware's choices in design in the past has raised questions for me I have faith they'll have thought of that situation before implementing the level sync, if not I've no doubt it'll be rectified, when I can't say