Buying lvl 60's I dont agree with.

SaerethDL

and this is why i think a class mission every 5 levels or so as you level would be wonderful so people would learn to use what skills they have....

And yet on those missions you can do what I just did or auto attack to win.... I don't see the point your making tbh.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally disagree with that. you learn what skills to use and when to use them as you level (at least thats what i use leveling for)...I play around with the different paths and such to find what works for my play style.

I don't think you can safely expect a new player to learn their class while leveling.

The leveling experience is easy. Super easy. Easy easy easy easy. Easy. There are very few demands that require a knowledge of their class. Or interrupts. Or crowd control. Or buffs/debuffs. Or cleanses. Or. Or. Or. Any troubles one runs into while leveling can easily be solved by grinding out a couple more levels. Or get the super teddy bear tank/healer.

This isn't to say that one won't learn their class through leveling. But it's unrealistic to expect this to happen with a new player.

And yet on those missions you can do what I just did or auto attack to win.... I don't see the point your making tbh.

have you played ff14? and done the class missions there? as far as i can remember it has been a year or so since i played but auto attack was not an option

I don't think you can safely expect a new player to learn their class while leveling.

The leveling experience is easy. Super easy. Easy easy easy easy. Easy. There are very few demands that require a knowledge of their class. Or interrupts. Or crowd control. Or buffs/debuffs. Or cleanses. Or. Or. Or. Any troubles one runs into while leveling can easily be solved by grinding out a couple more levels. Or get the super teddy bear tank/healer.

This isn't to say that one won't learn their class through leveling. But it's unrealistic to expect this to happen with a new player.

what???????? then why have leveling why not just start everyone at max level and throw them in there....yes you can safely expect a new player to learn his class while leveling.

yes leveling is easy and with the 12x exp it has gotten way too easy. But to say you shouldn't expect to learn your toon while playing it is just crazy....that's what it is for.

yes you don't have all your skills and yes at max the rotation is different but learning to use those skills you got at 25 at level 25 can make a difference....

As a subscriber, when you get Fallen Empire you will receive one free level 60 character. This character must be a new character, you cannot “boost” an existing character up to 60. Beyond that first one which is included free with KOTFE, you can purchase additional level 60 characters through the Cartel Market at any time.

I don't think people should just be able to buy lvl 60's, i think it should be something that is earned, and that I had to earn. People won't even know how to play their class properly, it's already bad enough with 12 x xp, you should see some of these people in FP's and Op's these days. I understand you are trying to make a quick buck.

I personally want nothing to do with the insta 60 and its default background, as I'd rather have my own custom backstory. However with that said, it is not my place nor yours to be dictating to other people what they don't need and why they don't need it. It comes off as overstepping ones boundaries.

yes you can safely expect a new player to learn his class while leveling.

You can NOT safely expect this to be true.

Be overleveled and pull our your healer companion, and you can make it through every encounter in the game without having the slightest understanding of what you're doing.

And this has nothing to do with 12xp. It's always been like this.

I've known dozens of people that hit end game and suddenly had to learn their class. I've also watched people respec from a dps to a healer (never having played a healer before in their life) and figure out how to do it in an hour.

According to you, they should have spent the last 60 levels as a healer. You know, because that's where you "learn your class"

Edited by Khevar

I personally want nothing to do with the insta 60 and its default background, as I'd rather have my own custom backstory. However with that said, it is not my place nor yours to be dictating to other people what they don't need and why they don't need it. It comes off as overstepping ones boundaries.

It effects me and everyone else because i don't want to run around with a bunch of people that don't know how to play their class, especially tanks and healers. Why is that hard to understand? How is that overstepping ones boundaries, a few years ago buying end level chars was basically frowned upon and blasphemous to the rest of the player base that played the game since the beginning, why has that changed all of a sudden?

Why is it now ok? Because people are lazy and want to buy their way to the top, what is the point of all that story content players will never get to see it, because trust me, they are just going to take the easy way out. I have the right to voice my opinion like anyone else, and nobody including you has the right to tell me otherwise. :p

I think it's a wise business decision to offer instant 60s.

KOTFE will a major reason why many former players will return to SWTOR and it will be a major reason why many new players will be enticed to try the game.

Those players will want to start enjoying the KOTFE content but they most likely won't have the patience to start at level 1 or whatever level they were when they last played the game.

Hopefully those players will enjoy the expansion so much that they'll be encouraged to be loyal subscribers and play the game they way it's meant to be played.

It effects me and everyone else because i don't want to run around with a bunch of people that don't know how to play their class, especially tanks and healers. Why is that hard to understand? How is that overstepping ones boundaries, a few years ago buying end level chars was basically frowned upon and blasphemous to the rest of the player base that played the game since the beginning, why has that changed all of a sudden?

Why is it now ok? Because people are lazy and want to buy their way to the top, what is the point of all that story content players will never get to see it, because trust me, they are just going to take the easy way out. I have the right to voice my opinion like anyone else, and nobody including you has the right to tell me otherwise. :p

It does not affect you in any shape or form. outside of group content, you are not relegated to have to associate with these characters if you don't wish to and they enjoy that same freedom. In regards to group content, if you get a terrible tank or healer in a group finder fp, I'm sure you know how to exercise the kick & re-que button. If group finder isn't to your preference, there are hundreds of guilds out there that do nothing but flash points & ops all day. If you're running pug or guild ops and not gear checking or sparring with your group members before hand, that's your own fault for not being detailed about your business. So in the end, you really have no ground to be telling people what they do & don't need, as you have the option to mitigate or circumvent these situations all together. And then again, everyone with a 60 must have paid for their account, so they're welcome to indulge themselves as they please without scrutinized micromanagement anyway. ;)

It effects me and everyone else because i don't want to run around with a bunch of people that don't know how to play their class, especially tanks and healers. Why is that hard to understand?

Why is it so hard to understand that this is none of your business and that you are not required to "run around" with anyone, much less people who "don't know how to play their class," which is also a HUGE assumption on your part that a purchased level 60 is in that category? Maybe they've played their class several times before and choose to jump start another one for their own purposes. And I'm quite certain there exist people who have leveled with no XP help at all who have reached level 60 and do not know how to play their class. The point is that you have no way of knowing.

And it hasn't happened yet, so you are condemning something without knowing if your assumption is even valid. You don't know it it affects you or not. That's pretty poor logic right to begin with and the fact is, it's not your call.

Why is it so hard to understand that this is none of your business and that you are not required to "run around" with anyone, much less people who "don't know how to play their class," which is also a HUGE assumption on your part that a purchased level 60 is in that category? Maybe they've played their class several times before and choose to jump start another one for their own purposes. And I'm quite certain there exist people who have leveled with no XP help at all who have reached level 60 and do not know how to play their class. The point is that you have no way of knowing.

And it hasn't happened yet, so you are condemning something without knowing if your assumption is even valid. You don't know it it affects you or not. That's pretty poor logic right to begin with and the fact is, it's not your call.

Like i said, I can voice my opinion any way i want to, its not your place to tell me not to.

Like i said, I can voice my opinion any way i want to, its not your place to tell me not to.

In this circumstance, indeed it is. The minute you made your opinion a topic on an open discussion forum, it ceased being yours solely. You've licensed every user on said forum to judge, debate & dissect it at their leisure. If one users opinion is that your opinion should've never existed as an opinion at all, well... thems the brakes of free for all open discussion for you. The beautiful diversity of opinionated exchange & all. :p

In this circumstance, indeed it is. The minute you made your opinion a topic on an open discussion forum, it ceased being yours solely. You've licensed every user on said forum to judge, debate & dissect it at their leisure. If one users opinion is that your opinion should've never existed as an opinion at all, well... thems the brakes of free for all open discussion for you. The beautiful diversity of opinionated exchange & all. :p

Yeah but i don't go around telling people not to post about their viewpoints and opinions on the direction they would like the game to go, it's not my place to tell someone they can't post about something and I expect the same.

MSchuyler didn't tell you to "not express your opinion", he simply criticized it. Do you get the difference?

You are, of course, welcome to try and counter his criticism. We like to call this "debate".

This is the best signal that this game is on DECLINE, really? selling endgame toons? first 12xp, lol what's next? selling full revanite sets too? lame.....i give this game the entire 2016 for sure then i don't know...

This is not a sign of decline mister doom and gloom. Wow did it and they are fine.

MSchuyler didn't tell you to "not express your opinion", he simply criticized it. Do you get the difference?

You are, of course, welcome to try and counter his criticism. We like to call this "debate".

I thought that was what you put on dahook? Proud Gladuate of Jethro Bodine school of Gramma.

Back OT:eek: It is up to person to learn as they level. There is also all kinds of help on the forum and online sites to help out. You can do it just takes a bit of effort. Some are some aren't just like anything else. As far as the OP not agreeing with buying 60s. You go right ahead. Its is up to the player. Their money not mine.

I don't think people should just be able to buy lvl 60's, i think it should be something that is earned, and that I had to earn.

That ship has sailed. If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

I have the right to voice my opinion like anyone else, and nobody including you has the right to tell me otherwise. :p

We do have the "right" to tell you otherwise. But we don't have the power to make you do as we say. Watch: don't make posts that I disagree with. I bet you're not going to go along with that.

Edited by branmakmuffin

It effects me and everyone else because i don't want to run around with a bunch of people that don't know how to play their class, especially tanks and healers. Why is that hard to understand?

You say that as if there aren't a bunch of people who don't know how to play their class running around now -- as if everyone's great at their class at present and "free 60" will ruin it somehow.

How is that overstepping ones boundaries, a few years ago buying end level chars was basically frowned upon and blasphemous to the rest of the player base that played the game since the beginning, why has that changed all of a sudden?

Stop worrying about what other people do with their SWTOR time, as long as they're not bothering you.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

i totally disagree with that. you learn what skills to use and when to use them as you level (at least thats what i use leveling for)...I play around with the different paths and such to find what works for my play style.

You in no way need to learn your rotation with 12x class xp and a general xp boost. Man you don't even have to use interrupts for the most part as you are over-leveled before you leave the starting planet. I can guarantee you that most new players do not learn their class rotation until they are told they have to to continue raiding at level 60.

Edited by JerokTalram

I don't agree with the one free level 60 instant character nor being able to buy them either. But, there seem to be some people who do want this and Bioware wants people to both buy the extra 60s and do the actual KOTFE story.

I agree that newbies shouldn't be allowed whatsoever to have access to instant 60s. I'm talking about completely brand new, asks stupid questions like 'where is the gtn?' or 'how do I get to Dromund Kaas' when the answers are right there in your face.

But the veterans who have played toons from beginning to end, know how to play fairly well (Maybe not hardcore HM/NiM raiding vets) but they know roles/stuns/ccs/etc should be allowed to.

I only say completely brand new newbies because I feel they should have to do at least their very first time through on their very first character the class story quest, the side quests, the heroics, the flashpoints, the raids (even if just sm), the daily areas on Belsavis, section x, black hole, cz, oricon, rishi, yavin, ziost, etc. to get a feel of what the game TRULY has.

But then again, IF someone who only has one or two toons, whether a brand new newb or a seasoned vet wants to insta-jump to 60 without having at least done the class stories of all 8 classes, well then that's their decision. I personally think they're missing out because the class stories are the best thing so far in the game. But again, as much as I don't approve of the instant 60s, it's Bioware's decision and the decision of the instant 60 user.

You'll know who are the newbs/bad players who jump and skipped to 60 cause they won't quite be very good (even though I know people who've been here since launch who still suck). But long as it doesn't impede on MY entertainment and time, I can't tell them not to do something.