Potential false advertising by Bioware???

Cybrias

"Impressive is the only word that describes Nico’s swashbuckling duster; you can be sure that wearing this duster sets you apart from other heroes."

If the images of the Nico duster are true does the above not constitute false advertising by bioware since you have to be subscribed to get the coat but you can make the coat with dye already in game?

Puffery

Succinctly put, sir. OP should read it. It reminds me of the used car salesman who tells you, This Ford will beat any Chevy on the road!" So you come back and say this Corvette Z06 beat me. I want my money back.

He laughs in your face. You are so angry you take it to court, and

the judge laughs in your face.

Seriously, OP. What are you thinking? You've never seen the coat. Plus you know that EVERYONE who subscribed on that day gets the coat. And you're already whining about it. What do you think BW is doing when they read your "complaint"?

They're laughing in your face.

And THAT'S why, IMO, BW has developed a contemptuous attitude toward its players. I'm not saying that's right or a good idea, but you can see why it has happened. Why even try to "provide support" on these forums when the issues that come up are largely like these? It's simply not worthwhile to do so.

Short answer: No it isn't false advertisement. People are getting Nico's duster. It may be able to be replicated by other armors but it's all in the name.

exactly once is a died version of a generic coat, this one is labeled Nico's duster and is already predyed. who's to say it will dye the same way or act differently than the generic duster.

If i had to define this threads, other than comical....over reaching

exactly once is a died version of a generic coat, this one is labeled Nico's duster and is already predyed. who's to say it will dye the same way or act differently than the generic duster.

If i had to define this threads, other than comical....over reaching

Im just waiting for the complaints to roll in when people put it on and realize bioware still hasnt fixed the trenchcoat bubblebutt bug.

Given that the W(ork) done on the F(orum) of the time distance s between now and the release of the expansion would give us the potential advertisement disparity of Bioware and the duster. We can assume that where W=Fs, we can calculate the potential falsity claim. So, if W is equivalent to potential false advertising we can reassign PE=1/2kx^2, based on Hookes Law. Where k is the constant complaining, which is obviously over 9000. We can safely assume x=33 for early access, as this is for early access users. So, the potential false claim = 1/2(9000*33^2) which of course equals 4,900,500 gigawatts of complaining, obviously it is false advertising ladies and gentleman of the jury.

"Impressive is the only word that describes Nico’s swashbuckling duster; you can be sure that wearing this duster sets you apart from other heroes."

It sets me apart from everyone who isnt already wearing Troublemakers or Subversive \o/

Such Bioware much unique wow

Given that the W(ork) done on the F(orum) of the time distance s between now and the release of the expansion would give us the potential advertisement disparity of Bioware and the duster. We can assume that where W=Fs, we can calculate the potential falsity claim. So, if W is equivalent to potential false advertising we can reassign PE=1/2kx^2, based on Hookes Law. Where k is the constant complaining, which is obviously over 9000. We can safely assume x=33 for early access, as this is for early access users. So, the potential false claim = 1/2(9000*33^2) which of course equals 4,900,500 gigawatts of complaining, obviously it is false advertising ladies and gentleman of the jury.

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

since 1.21 gigawatts can only be produced by a bolt of lightning i would postulate that 4.9 gigawatts is impossible lest these forums start to veer into the absurd at which point...what?...No i don't think we're there yet...really?...You sure? Oh, well never mind then. In that case

since 1.21 gigawatts can only be produced by a bolt of lightning i would postulate that 4.9 gigawatts is impossible lest these forums start to veer into the absurd at which point...what?...No i don't think we're there yet...really?...You sure? Oh, well never mind then. In that case

The force is strong with this one. Leave this one to me. But first, I'll have some cookies that my Padme clone made me.

Video game development is the only industry which is inexplicably allowed to get away with false advertising so habitually and brazenly.

mmmhmmm guess you've never seen advertisement for health supplements(of ANY kind). Axe body spray. Activia Yogurt. Politicians in general.

mmmhmmm guess you've never seen advertisement for health supplements(of ANY kind). Axe body spray. Activia Yogurt. Politicians in general.

Ugh AXE.. why do some guys think spraying half a can of that stuff on themselves replaces taking a shower? Eugh.

Even before being near suffocated by the miasmic cloud of stench that is some AXE users, i couldnt stand the fact that when trying to watcg season 1 of Defiance, SyFy played that stupid astronaut Axe commercial EVERY FRACKING COMMERCIAL BREAK (two breaks played it twice! Once at the beginning of the break, once at the end) theres a reason i just buy season passes of shows i like on Amazon Instant Video now...

If the images of the Nico duster are true does the above not constitute false advertising by bioware since you have to be subscribed to get the coat but you can make the coat with dye already in game?

To be fair, setting you apart from other heroes is a stretch when one can figure many other players will have the outfit as well :p Though one could say, they just meant NPCs who won't wear that version of the coat.

And Nico's is it's own. The others are their own. You adding dye changes them. So, you're taking something else to make it look like something else.

All that said, I was hoping for it to be truely unique.

Ugh AXE.. why do some guys think spraying half a can of that stuff on themselves replaces taking a shower? Eugh.

Even before being near suffocated by the miasmic cloud of stench that is some AXE users, i couldnt stand the fact that when trying to watcg season 1 of Defiance, SyFy played that stupid astronaut Axe commercial EVERY FRACKING COMMERCIAL BREAK (two breaks played it twice! Once at the beginning of the break, once at the end) theres a reason i just buy season passes of shows i like on Amazon Instant Video now...

WHAT you mean supermodels wont suddenly engulf me and meak me a love slave....

*cancels truck load of axe body spray from amazon* :mad:

Decorations werent even at launch, I think the decor only came out a year ago, the game started back in 2011. Also the CM wasn't even introduced into the game about 1 1/2 years later I believe as well.

I think he means that many of the decorations are just re-purposed assets that have been in the game since launch. I don't mind so much, but it's hard not to notice when the "new" tree decoration is really just a tree that's been chilling on Tython since launch.

Seriously, people will make up anything to complain about.

No it is not false anything.

On another note. People do realize that all the trenchcoats and wide brim (space cowboy) hats were all based off of Nico's style, right? So what did you really expect them to do make, something that had no connections to any of it which would include Nico himself?

Now I will say that if they could have made the coat exactly like the Blur version I would have been ecstatic but I am cool with what we are getting.

Edited by mudmobile

If you think so, do something about it.