The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nico Okarr's Coat - What a disappointment

Sindariel

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but its not free. People were enticed to re-sub to get the coat that I would have thought looked exactly like the one in the video. So they re-subbed to get something less than what they re-subbed for.

I guess I will repeat my post directly above yours.... you seem to need it. ;)

If as a subscriber... your only reason to continue to subscribe was to get some free digital incentive content for your efforts...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Now.. if we take you as serious.... rather then snarky... on the plus side... you are the perfect customer for Bioware as you will bite on anything they dip in your pond.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah but its not free. People were enticed to re-sub to get the coat that I would have thought looked exactly like the one in the video. So they re-subbed to get something less than what they re-subbed for.
It must never have occured to you that what you'd be getting with regard to the coat/duster would not have been the same coat/duster from the trailer, then, eh? That's exactly what we're getting, the coat that isn't from the trailer... and even if it's a "recolor" of an existing piece already in the game, again, so what? I don't care if it is a "recolor" or whatever. It's not like the coat is going to be a required aspect of something to do in the expansion. Getting upset over a coat is silly.

Must...have...restraint....oh f* it

"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

LOL. Yeah, I guess I deserved that :D In my defense, I didn't see any other threads about this...this one just jumped out at me today...but whatever. Nico will have his stuff, it just won't be as sexxxy as I'd hoped. :p

To be fair, the coat in the screenshot looks, besides a lighter colour, almost identical to the coat in the promotional image, which is shown in the launcher and at the rewards page.

That being said, it is hilarious that nobody here is defending the coat itself, instead everybody is posting variations of "It is your own fault for believeing you would get something worthwhile.", has this community really a so poor opinion of the Devs that even the white knights are expecting a let down as default?

It is a free reward for people who are subscribed, just like there have been plenty of other rewards out there fhat were given to people for being subscribed on X Date, just as the expansion is "free" to everyone who pays a subscription service. You aren't just paying $15 for a duster. You are paying $15 to play the game as and receive all the benefits of being a subscriber including any free rewards. It is still free because they are not charging you for the item.

You would think they would at least put some effort into making these rewards slightly more special than just a reskin though, if they wanted to entice new customers as well as retain them. Saw this coming a mile away though, which is a shame to see that BioWare do not learn from past mistakes.

To be fair, the coat in the screenshot looks, besides a lighter colour, almost identical to the coat in the promotional image, which is shown in the launcher and at the rewards page.

That being said, it is hilarious that nobody here is defending the coat itself, instead everybody is posting variations of "It is your own fault for believeing you would get something worthwhile.", has this community really a so poor opinion of the Devs that even the white knights are expecting a let down as default?

its amusing isn't it.

they could have put in a slight smidgen of effort into it, instead of just reusing existing model that you can already replicate in game.

/shrug. I'm not upset about the coat specifically. mildly disappointed at most. I'm more worried that these short cuts are indicators of the quality of expansion itself.

Official Nico Model from the trailers.

Totally looks like the same coat amirite?

Honestly I've been hoping they'd release a coat like that for ages, cause I really don't like the troublemaker duster's armor plates. That they're not going to try to replicate that coat is sad given the effort they've put into replicating the KOTOR sets. But I guess since they were changing Nico's blaster model for the reward it figures they wouldn't stick to the model in the trailer either.

They reskinned the pistols too at the last moment. It just seems like they are shaking their begging bowl to get more subs during this massive content drought, then to make THEIR life easier, just offer up a reskinned pile of crap, with zero value.

Utterly lazy, is it any wonder the game is going down the pan.

They reskinned the pistols too at the last moment. It just seems like they are shaking their begging bowl to get more subs during this massive content drought, then to make THEIR life easier, just offer up a reskinned pile of crap, with zero value.

Utterly lazy, is it any wonder the game is going down the pan.

Good thing what you just posted here is just an opinion. So what if the blasters are "reskinned"? Are they going to be a required item for the expansion? No, they're not. Just like the coat. You saying that the devs are lazy, again, that's your opinion. Good thing opinions aren't fact.

They finally posted a picture of the coat on Twitter:

And it's just a recolored version of the Troublemaker coat... *yawns*

It's astonishing how lazy devs can be.

Edit:

Someone on Twitter posted an image of the Troublemaker coat dyed brown.

It look exactly the same as Nico's coat.

This is beyond lazy!

I'd say I'm surprised, but I don't like to lie.

You would think they would at least put some effort into making these rewards slightly more special than just a reskin though, if they wanted to entice new customers as well as retain them. Saw this coming a mile away though, which is a shame to see that BioWare do not learn from past mistakes.

Why would new customers care about reskins?

In any case, if I ever want to use it, I don't have to blow a million+ credits on it like with the troublemaker jacket.

It is a free reward for people who are subscribed, just like there have been plenty of other rewards out there fhat were given to people for being subscribed on X Date, just as the expansion is "free" to everyone who pays a subscription service. You aren't just paying $15 for a duster. You are paying $15 to play the game as and receive all the benefits of being a subscriber including any free rewards. It is still free because they are not charging you for the item.

Lol. Even those who try to argue that we are getting free stuff understand that it is only "free" if you pay for it. I wonder if they also think that things like they get to live in their house for free as long as they pay their mortgage?

Only in America are people who work 50-60 hours a week called lazy with such gusto.

Seriously, I get the complaints about the coat, but using the massively overused lazy card is, well, lazy, in the extreme.

lol, going to work is not the same as working....and for a creative team to not be creative....is lazy

Paying $15 for a reward =/= receiving a reward for free.

Especially in a game where you don't have to be subbed to play it.

I'm not trolling. You don't have to agree with me, but this is my opinion. There's nothing "free" about Nico's duster.