Conquest Changes in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

excellent, when the individual bonuses are not repeatable it make it rather hard to do conquest on anything other than a single char and makes some conquests much more difficult (i.e craft to win). Thus lowering the individual goal supports everyone without hurting the upper limit. removing the craft to win is also a good thing.

Actually this is a two edged sword. Making crafting less available hurts smaller guilds chances to win against a much bigger guild. For example the two guilds I help run have between 150-180 members each that log in every 28 days and taking away there crafting chance to win doesn't stop them from winning. What it does is take the smaller guilds and kills their chances to now win.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players don't reach their personal goal, not because of its high target, but because they don't care about the rewards. Griding pvp/gsf/flashpoints is not worth the effort. If you don't reach top 10 you only get 25k + a few mats, I earn more in 8 minutes on Czerka.

Add something interesting to the personal target and you will see people reaching 35k without a problem. Maybe a blue reputation token for Republic Hyperspace Armada/Imperial First Mobile Fleet. That would be great. Fleets are associated with fighting and conquering, so getting this reputation for doing Conquest makes sense. The top 10 would get a purple reputation token perhaps.

Edited by PavSalco

Would be nice to see more objectives added since crafting is getting reduced. Like doing bounties, more heroics, more world bosses, etc.

Yes please. Objectives associated with the events should give you points such as doing bounties, or completing dailys associated with the Gree event.

That said, eliminating the crafting-to-win component is a step in the right direction. Now if we could only get them to give us Revenge of the Revanites a couple of times before KOTFE launch...

Eric,

Among the better things you could have done for Conquests is to de-link them across each server. No one on Jedi Covenant cares what some random guild is doing on Juhanni. We cannot interact with players on other servers and shouldn't be competing against them as a result.

I don't care that super-guild-X on server Y makes the board every week. If they make it they earned it. But when the same guilds make it over and over and over and over again on servers that you do not play on, it makes the entire conquest system irrelevant to a lot of players.

Sorry, I can't tell if this is serious or some kind of ill thought out joke? There is no cross server conquest. There is no Juhanni server anymore. Every guild you see on the conquest board, is on your server. What you're seeing when you see "Awesomesauce @ Juhanni" is the name of the server that the guild was originally created on. So guilds with a server name different than the one you're on, we're created on a different server and moved there during one of the two server mergers from years ago. If you create a guild now, it'll say "Babyguild @ Jedi Covenant".

LOL! "Viable"? You make it sound like they're at all comparable, which they aren't. Crafting could be done while offline...PvP requires you to be ATK playing the game.

And PvP OR PvE play should be rewarded any week...activities done ATK should always be rewarded. Crafting was the one thing that truly ruined Conquests, not PvP...CRAFTING.

I dont see PVP guilds conquering a PVE planet that doesnt have the bonuses for PVP as a 'by design' type of thing.

Make it so people can only earn PVP conquest points on PVP bonus planets. Make it so people can only earn PVE conquest points on PVE planets. Etc.

Edited by Faardor

Good. That means that maybe there will be more players around the planets, right?. Feels kinda sad that on planets such as Corellia for example, you can run around literally for hours without encountering a single friendly/enemy player. That's how conquest should be imho. If you want a planet you have to go there and take it instead of staying in your sgh sticking crafted stuff up your *** 24/7.

Players don't reach their personal goal, not because of its high target, but because they don't care about the rewards. .

Exactly this. I hear this over and over again. Rewards are a major problem in this game, not just for conquests, but for many modules, such as GSF. "Not worth it" should rarely come up in conversation but I hear it ALL THE TIME. Make unique and fun rewards, add rewards to existing modules and events on a regular basis and give people reasons to do the content.

• The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

Nice, the guilds with most money for crafting resources will no longer dominate the conquest game. THANK YOU.

I understand the drive behind making crafting to be non-repeatable, but...

IMO, it would make reaching the personal goals even harder than it is now with higher limits but repeatable crafting.

it would make good compromise, If it were possible to make crafting contribution to guild goal as non-repeatable, but leave it as repeatable for personal goals.

I'd suggest increasing the point value of killing the commanders too. This would increase the open world pvp action, emphasize guild organization and have the side effect of giving more ship encryptions and frameworks for guilds to pimp out their ships.

How about disengaging "Death Mark" from Bounty Week to get more conquest events in the rotation.

There's absolutely nothing in Death Mark that requires Bounty Week to be active so essentially this one comes up every 4th week and all the other events have to share the remaining 3 slots per month.

Excluding Gree and Rakghoul that do need their events running when they happen, that leaves 9 current conquest events that aren't Death mark.

So in a best case scenario with an even rotation in any given month, we'll get Death Mark with 100% certainty and a 33% chance at ANY OTHER conquest event.

It only goes down from there if Gree and/or Rakghoul are running.

Unlocking Death Mark from Bounty Week and dumping it into the rotation like normal would greatly increase the possibility of seeing other Conquest events.

The main problem I always thought was that there just wasn't enough to do in other areas of the game that added to conquest points. There should be stuff like gain x% more by going to Ilum or Outlaws den and fighting or doing your dailies should award more or any points at all. The problem was only a narrow slice of events were ever counted, there are lots of things in game, like you should be getting small amounts of conquest simply by playing the game and doing your story quests. That way all players would contribute just by playing the game.

I'd suggest increasing the point value of killing the commanders too. This would increase the open world pvp action, emphasize guild organization and have the side effect of giving more ship encryptions and frameworks for guilds to pimp out their ships.

Or redesign the entire Commander hunting aspect in regards to Conquests. It was the ONLY single new activity that was released with the system, yet it doesn't even count for points half of the weeks.

Edited by Pietrastor

If I've done my pvp weekly why shouldn't I move to another character to do his weekly? Having lots of characters I don't see a reason to care about getting conquests on any. Note that with my main it can easily take over 100 wzs to finish his conquest doing pvp because serious pvpers aren't playing reps much anymore on most servers.

I think you have missed the point, though sadly these days that appears to be par for the course.

The reason people are not hitting their weekly targets is That they don't care. In case you missed it they don't care,

Conquest is not conquest in any meaning of the word. Conquest is a score board where more guild members equals easier to get on it and top it. There is no conquest involved none of the planets have been conquered. Instanced PvP, GSF, flashpoints and Operations may get points to conquest but they have nothing to do with conquering the planet.

Crafting war supplies that you sell for credits and related npc killing or heroics likewise has nothing to do with conquering the planet. People aren't interested in hitting their conquest target or investing the time cause its repeating in some cases 4 year old content.

And for what some Jawa Junk some xp that I can't use, some credits that costs less than the crafting supplies and if Im in a guild part of a guild ship which is the only possible reason and even that who cares if you have an extra hanger on the ship it doesn't change anything.

The reason less people than you hoped are hitting the conquest targets is because conquest was just offering points to old content. Its dull and I imagine the majority of people that hit it do so by accident of alreading running pvp matches or out of an addiction that its something to do in the game after so little content has been added for the last 6 months.

Honestly do you think that the problem with a scoreboard is that its too hard to get points but then take away an easy repeatable method of grinding those points afk.

Yeah because the most viable strategy besides crafting right now was play PVP

honestly if a world bonus is operations I feel like doing pvp shouldn't net you any points

if a world bonus is pvp then operations shouldnt net you any points. etc etc

the server names you are seeing are actually guilds present on your server and was the server they originated from. Juhanni is somewhat a special case, its speculated that it was one of the servers that got merged into JC but it is not known which one it is. Most likely its a bioware internal name for nightmare lands.

Good to know, thanks :)

Hey folks,

In Fallen Empire we will be making changes to Conquests so I wanted to let you know about what is being adjusted. One thing that we noticed in looking at Conquests is that not as many players as we would hope are completing their personal targets. We feel this may be because the targets are too high, requiring more time to complete than many players may have available. Because of this we are adjusting the target points for rewards in some Conquests:

*snip*

In looking at our data and in seeing playing feedback, one thing we have noticed is that many Guilds are primarily using the repeatable Crafting objective to gain points for Conquests. Although we want to include Crafting as an essential part of the Conquest effort, we don’t want that objective to be the “only best answer” to Conquests. Due to this we are making the following changes:

• The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable and is set to reward 2,000 Conquest Points for any Conquest that included that objective.

These changes will be reflected in Knights of the Fallen Empire when it launches. Thanks everyone.

-eric

These two points are mutually exclusive, at least for smaller guilds and/or players with lots of alts.

I presently have 18 characters on my server, 17 of whom participate in conquests (1 is too low level right now to be of much use). I spend about one fourth to one third of all my game time crafting/gathering mats so all my toons can participate. Under these changes, I would likely only be able to have four to six toons participate in conquests, maybe eight during a good week when I have lots of time available.

Furthermore, removing repeatable crafting will kill conquests for smaller guilds as it is the only method of conquests that allows smaller guilds to compete with the sheer numbers of guilds that are orders of magnitude larger than them to place in the top 10. How the hell are smaller guilds that currently place in the top 10 only because 60-80% of their points are derived from crafting supposed to earn encryptions after the effective removal of crafting from conquest objectives? Especially if there is no similarly time and/or alt-efficient activity to replace it with?

During the 2014 Seattle Community Cantina event you were asked directly about the issues smaller guilds faced with the conquest system, and stated that you were working on ways to make conquest more viable for smaller guilds. We have seen nothing, and adapted by utilizing the most time/alt-efficient mechanism available to compete. That is why you see so much crafting in your metrics--it's the only way for smaller guilds to compete. Rather than simply removing content for the sake of removing content, what do you intend to replace crafting with in conquests?

Players don't reach their personal goal, not because of its high target, but because they don't care about the rewards. Griding pvp/gsf/flashpoints is not worth the effort. If you don't reach top 10 you only get 25k + a few mats, I earn more in 8 minutes on Czerka.

Add something interesting to the personal target and you will see people reaching 35k without a problem. Maybe a blue reputation token for Republic Hyperspace Armada/Imperial First Mobile Fleet. That would be great. Fleets are associated with fighting and conquering, so getting this reputation for doing Conquest makes sense. The top 10 would get a purple reputation token perhaps.

Exactly!

It's too time consuming & too much credit sink with little reward. I enjoy it on occasion but especially on the craft to win, it was costly!

Sorry, I can't tell if this is serious or some kind of ill thought out joke? There is no cross server conquest. There is no Juhanni server anymore. Every guild you see on the conquest board, is on your server. What you're seeing when you see "Awesomesauce @ Juhanni" is the name of the server that the guild was originally created on. So guilds with a server name different than the one you're on, we're created on a different server and moved there during one of the two server mergers from years ago. If you create a guild now, it'll say "Babyguild @ Jedi Covenant".

It was serious. Doesn't my ignorance on the subject give weight to the notion that the Conquest mini-game is so irreverent that most players don't know how it works (at least the score-card)? I've been subbed since day one of early access, have over 30 toons at level 60, typically get my weekly on several characters ... but because the rewards generally suck, I don't bother to pursue it. I don't fancy myself as "speaking for the masses" but I'd wager that most people would look at the score-card and assume the same thing.