Got yelled at for playing objectively

mrair

I don't usually post on the forums but after what happened today I was curious to see if this happens to others as well. (I'm not bad, I know how to play my class, I know what other people should be doing, etc. Plz don't say L2play or wow u r a b@d)

We've all had at least one void star game where the other team completely stomps you and plants the bomb right away, three times in a row, winning that round in like two minutes or so (or close to that). This happened to me today. One of my "teammates" decided that he did nothing wrong and was "supr l33t" and started blaming us for what just happened, saying stuff like "hate being stuck with 7 scrubs" and "bleep bleep you all sucks bleep l2play" etc. Rather than having a negative attitude and believing that we still had hope I told him that you could leave and your negative attitude isn't helping. Second round starts and I get to plant the bomb quickly (keeping that hope up) and we make it past the bridges, however we still lost.

After the match is over I get whispered that I suck at pvp and that my dps was horrible and that I should stay out of que and that DPSING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PLAYING OBJECTIVES BECAUSE ITS HARDER TO DO.

I've only been whispered once like this before by a balance sage because my dps was "bad".

I thought there was an age requirement to play this game, or does that not exist? Does this happen often to other people and if it has what did you do about it?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say... Just ignore all that and play.

Yesterday I got yelled at for no reason, I did more damage, protection and peeling on arena match - and operative said that I'm ******* and need to l2p. So that type of players exist and nothing we can do about it.

Honestly- by letting their words matter to you enough that you felt compelled to post here... Means that they have won...

Because their whole goal was to relish in your agony.

Dont let them win... Pay them no mind- dont respond to them, or because of them!

Fight the good fight!

I don't usually post on the forums but after what happened today I was curious to see if this happens to others as well. (I'm not bad, I know how to play my class, I know what other people should be doing, etc. Plz don't say L2play or wow u r a b@d)

We've all had at least one void star game where the other team completely stomps you and plants the bomb right away, three times in a row, winning that round in like two minutes or so (or close to that). This happened to me today. One of my "teammates" decided that he did nothing wrong and was "supr l33t" and started blaming us for what just happened, saying stuff like "hate being stuck with 7 scrubs" and "bleep bleep you all sucks bleep l2play" etc. Rather than having a negative attitude and believing that we still had hope I told him that you could leave and your negative attitude isn't helping. Second round starts and I get to plant the bomb quickly (keeping that hope up) and we make it past the bridges, however we still lost.

After the match is over I get whispered that I suck at pvp and that my dps was horrible and that I should stay out of que and that DPSING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PLAYING OBJECTIVES BECAUSE ITS HARDER TO DO.

I've only been whispered once like this before by a balance sage because my dps was "bad".

I thought there was an age requirement to play this game, or does that not exist? Does this happen often to other people and if it has what did you do about it?

Happens all too often by death match bads who aren't smart enough to use tactics and strategy to win objective PVP... They are the bads in this game... Not you...

Best comeback is "your DPS means nothing if you can't win"... When he says he can't carry the whole team respond with "if you learnt to play objectives you might have been able to interrupt the cap"...

Regardless, I put those people on ignore so I don't ever have to hear them rubbishing others...

Also DPS is not harder to do... Rolf... If all I wanted to do was fluff my DPS numbers, I would constantly have between 1-3 Mil DPS per match... But I care about winning more, so I often kite and also LOS the pillers on all classes so that I can interrupt a cap and they lose site of me... If I'm on a stealth I will often DPS hard while there a few of us guarding... But if I see our numbers dwindling or they are going through our defence like Swiss chees, I will stealth out and time my interrupts, sometimes not even coming out of stealth... In those cases I might be lucky to get 200-300k in the match... Usually because I've ninja'd each door and sped to the next...

The only time I might not kite and LOS is if I'm on a tank or we have a few good healers... When I see Sins with over a Mil DPS in Void Star and we've lost... Nine times out of ten they death matched the whole time and contributed nothing to the match... Or I see a Sorc spam force storm to fluff their numbers... While not really doing anything either

Well you're right OP, several threads like this every week.

Those griefers will hardly ever take the time to read a forum... so most people around these boards will heartily agree with you.

I want to point out however that Bioware dropped the ball on this one. People are just being herded in the wrong direction by *cough* Key Performance Indicators that pave the way for their behavior. Shabby feedback... which backfires for all.

As Dean Spitzer says “People will do what management inspects, not necessarily what management expects”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_indicator#Unintended_consequences_.E2.80.93_the_dark_side_of_performance_measures

For instance there's not a column dedicated to most damage taken (you can hover over how much you took on number of deaths but it's not sorted). I mean if you weathered 1M damage (and at the same time died but one or two times) it means you've managed to keep live aggro and have peeled more than your share... relieving others, which includes carrying glass canons with their mighty damnd-the-objectives-dpsing. It also means someone is healing very well out there!

No "time spent guarding bases"

No number of cappings done/prevented

No saved the day at node x

No maximum of players killed at node without dying

No healing received per healer, showing healers A B and C

No number of taunts sent

No number of cleanses sent

No number of CCs performed

etc etc etc

Because if it existed you'd have the same trolls bragging about the new hard figures.

As Einstein said not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts...

Edited by BenduKundalini

DPSING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PLAYING OBJECTIVES BECAUSE ITS HARDER TO DO.

People who say like this are retarted

In game with Auto-target system and Global cooldowns even monkey with premade could easily pull 2-3 k dps

Just play like you want and don't listen dem scrubs

Edited by kopijkee

Since I got a Voidstar match yesterday in lowbies while I was playing my Gunnery where I actually said that my team's DPS was ****.... I'll just say one thing. On offense, if you can't kill them fast enough, you won't pass the first door... Only a dead enemy can't interrupt a plant. On defense, leaving them alive is pressuring your own team.

Granted, objectives are important.. But DPS'ing the team down is as important... TO further prove my point... What happens when your team DPS isn't enough to overcome their healers' HPS? You don't go through the first door. People needs to stop burying their head in the ground. Playing objecties isn't reasons to have **** DPS except if you're on guard duty. DPS isn't the only thing that win match... But against a team that plays objectives instead of just ignoring them, DPS is often what wins or lose the match.

This happens from time to time, just /ignore him and move on. Some people (Me included occasionally) just have to blame everything but themselves when they lose.

I'm crap at PvP, but I find that the attitudes of some people generally suck. I hater to see people on the fleet calling out for FP OPS groups and then insisting "know fights". There was a time that they were newbies who didn't know the fights as well, why do they forget this so quickly? You should never forget your beginner's heart. :(

Just make sure to see the difference between trolls and people that actually tell you how it is. I have been ignored quite some times because I told people (that actually played really ******) why they really should/need to improve themselves. By ignoring me they gave me the idea they cant take criticism and will not want to improve themselves.

Since I got a Voidstar match yesterday in lowbies while I was playing my Gunnery where I actually said that my team's DPS was ****.... I'll just say one thing. On offense, if you can't kill them fast enough, you won't pass the first door... Only a dead enemy can't interrupt a plant. On defense, leaving them alive is pressuring your own team.

Granted, objectives are important.. But DPS'ing the team down is as important... TO further prove my point... What happens when your team DPS isn't enough to overcome their healers' HPS? You don't go through the first door. People needs to stop burying their head in the ground. Playing objecties isn't reasons to have **** DPS except if you're on guard duty. DPS isn't the only thing that win match... But against a team that plays objectives instead of just ignoring them, DPS is often what wins or lose the match.

^ That right there is the new pvp mentality. Sorry man, but i've capped on numerous teams with 4-5 people at a node or on voidstar. The trick is to wait until all the DM'ers lock up and plant/cap. Stealth past, wait a bit and cap when you see them all interlocked in epeen battles. DPS can be very important, but not how you're explaining it in your first sew sentences.

^ That right there is the new pvp mentality. Sorry man, but i've capped on numerous teams with 4-5 people at a node or on voidstar. The trick is to wait until all the DM'ers lock up and plant/cap. Stealth past, wait a bit and cap when you see them all interlocked in epeen battles. DPS can be very important, but not how you're explaining it in your first sew sentences.

So basically... You planted because the enemy made a dumb mistake? Fine. But what if they don't? Smart people will see you, switch target and interrupt you. A smart team will deny you a stealth cap. And.. If the stealth cap is impossible? What are you gonna do? Try to still stealth cap and fail. Again and again? Or will you try to.. I don't know... DPS the enemy down so they are all in the respawn and you can CC them when they get out of spawn while someone plant???????

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Honestly- by letting their words matter to you enough that you felt compelled to post here... Means that they have won...

Because their whole goal was to relish in your agony.

Dont let them win... Pay them no mind- dont respond to them, or because of them!

Fight the good fight!

Good reply, imho.

Why do these people love both farming their opponents AND losing the game? My best guess is this:

sadomasochism

[sey-doh-mas-uh-kiz-uh m, -maz-, sad-oh-]

Spell Syllables

Word Origin

noun

interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.

gratification, especially sexual, gained through inflicting or receiving pain; sadism and masochism combined.

Abbreviation: S-M, S and M.

Another explanation for their TDMing with a blatant disregard for winning the game is that they simply do not enjoy engaging in serious thought and prefer to switch over to the simplistic, autopilot-like state where they can just focus on a very small amount of combat-related details and conserve mental energies for some later event. Playing efficiently in combat while simultaneously maintaining awareness of an overarching objective, and even constructing strategies on the fly certainly does require the use of additional mental faculties, a level of cognition these players may not be willing or able to utilize.

Edited by Campaigner

Why do these people love both farming their opponents AND losing the game? My best guess is this:

sadomasochism

What is wrong with you people? Could it possibly be that people simply enjoy trying to better themselves? Could it be that people just enjoy posting high DPS numbers much like players of SPG's often try to beat their highest score?

Just because someone has different values than you doesn't make them unhuman or evil.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Occasionally you may bear witness to these people getting called out by better/more experienced/more mature players. It's quite entertaining to see the excuses fly after that.

Last week towards the end of a close ACW that we eventually lost, one guy starts yelling for people to uninstall and you guys suck and blah blah blah. The scoreboard pops up and he was one of the lowest-performing members in the whole group (both sides). No objectives, very, very low dps, no other numbers. That guy got well-abused back after seeing the scoreboard and he kept coming up with all these excuses for why he DIDN'T suck and everyone else did.

In the very next queue he gets into the group and continues flaming one of the leaders. Needless to say, he sucks again and gets ignored.

What is wrong with you people? Could it possibly be that people simply enjoy trying to better themselves? Could it be that people just enjoy posting high DPS numbers much like players of SPG's often try to beat their highest score?

Just because someone has different values than you doesn't make them unhuman or evil.

I think the verbal abuse is worse than dps chasing numbers. Combining those two together makes for an unpleasant experience for everyone else who is there to win and/or enjoy themselves.

Happens all too often by death match bads who aren't smart enough to use tactics and strategy to win objective PVP... They are the bads in this game... Not you...

Best comeback is "your DPS means nothing if you can't win"... When he says he can't carry the whole team respond with "if you learnt to play objectives you might have been able to interrupt the cap"...

Regardless, I put those people on ignore so I don't ever have to hear them rubbishing others...

Also DPS is not harder to do... Rolf... If all I wanted to do was fluff my DPS numbers, I would constantly have between 1-3 Mil DPS per match... But I care about winning more, so I often kite and also LOS the pillers on all classes so that I can interrupt a cap and they lose site of me... If I'm on a stealth I will often DPS hard while there a few of us guarding... But if I see our numbers dwindling or they are going through our defence like Swiss chees, I will stealth out and time my interrupts, sometimes not even coming out of stealth... In those cases I might be lucky to get 200-300k in the match... Usually because I've ninja'd each door and sped to the next...

The only time I might not kite and LOS is if I'm on a tank or we have a few good healers... When I see Sins with over a Mil DPS in Void Star and we've lost... Nine times out of ten they death matched the whole time and contributed nothing to the match... Or I see a Sorc spam force storm to fluff their numbers... While not really doing anything either

Spamming Force Storm can be effective when there is a major fight on the door and you can't see nor target the person trying to bomb the door because of all the fray. Force Storm will interrupt the bomb capping. It is a good utility to have just for that purpose even if it doesn't kill anyone (though it will put pressure on Healers who seen the group health numbers getting pressured).

I would love to see Sins and Operatives ninja the door in Voidstar and speed to the next objective and then to the next whilst your dps stays low. You are doing your job in your class and I commend you. It's the Sin and Operatives who do not do this and then turn in a dps score around 200 to 300K! What in hell? Were you just watching the match in stealth mode?

OP....that kind of thing happens on a regular basis and there's no rationalizing with people like that. It's an endless pretzel logic insult fest that will go on for eternity. The DPS fluffer objective ignoring baboons just don't get it. At this point I really have come to believe they simply don't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend it. Or mayhaps it's the emotional maturity to grasp the error of their logic. Either way, what you're doing is correct. What they're doing causes their teams to lose far more matches than to win.

So basically... You planted because the enemy made a dumb mistake? Fine. But what if they don't? Smart people will see you, switch target and interrupt you. A smart team will deny you a stealth cap. And.. If the stealth cap is impossible? What are you gonna do? Try to still stealth cap and fail. Again and again? Or will you try to.. I don't know... DPS the enemy down so they are all in the respawn and you can CC them when they get out of spawn while someone plant???????

You don't seem to understand what's being said. No one is saying DPS doesn't matter at all ever. What they're saying is that it isn't of utmost importance to the exclusion of all else. The OP was wondering if getting offensive whispers by DPS death match monkeys who totally ignore WZ objectives (to the point their team's lose consistently) is common. It is very common.

You don't seem to understand what's being said. No one is saying DPS doesn't matter at all ever. What they're saying is that it isn't of utmost importance to the exclusion of all else. The OP was wondering if getting offensive whispers by DPS death match monkeys who totally ignore WZ objectives (to the point their team's lose consistently) is common. It is very common.

I don't disagree. Not at all. Objectives ARE the most important thing in PvP except when it can be mathematically proved wrong (only one exemple of this even exists and it is the orbs in AHG). I only say that DPS matters. Much more than people defending the objectives play seem to tell openly. There are two cases where you can excuse bad DPS. If you're stuck on guard duty. And if you're in hutball and won quickly with just smart offensive play. If you aren't in one of those situations, your DPS, along with killing blows and solo kills, is one of the way to tell how much your contribution matter. HPS, protection and objectives being others.

For exemple, as a burst ranged spec, I'll more often DPS someone down quickly inside a CC instead of capping, leaving melees to cap while I can keep the reinforcement away from the node with CC and DPS.... And I won't get objectives except in Civil War. No need to have 7 cappers. Even in Denova, 3-4 cappers are enough to cap quickly. In the end, not everyone gets objectives in offensive play. And in a match where the enemy attack both nodes, being the reinforcement often means you won't get a lot of defense objectives considering you will always be between two nodes. In Huttball, a commando won't get a lot of offensive objectives just because he will protect the carrier instead of being focused and killed in five globals by the enemy team. All these exemples show situations where kills, killing blows and damage show more than objectives. And none of them are any less important than a guard getting objectives by doing nothing because the enemy didn't attack the node or a stealther capping all doors in Voidstar.

And about the OP, I just came back from the other end of the spectrum.. Where the DPS my team could put out was so low, they couldn't get anything done. So I just came here and vented some. I'm not telling deathmatching is a viable strategy because it's not. But having no DPS on the pretense of playing objectives isn't better. Some classes are more suited to get high objectives points. Others are better suited to DPS down while leaving teamates get the objectives. Not that it is set in stone. PvP is dynamic.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

I don't disagree. Not at all. Objectives ARE the most important thing in PvP except when it can be mathematically proved wrong (only one exemple of this even exists and it is the orbs in AHG). I only say that DPS matters. Much more than people defending the objectives play seem to tell openly. There are two cases where you can excuse bad DPS. If you're stuck on guard duty. And if you're in hutball and won quickly with just smart offensive play. If you aren't in one of those situations, your DPS, along with killing blows and solo kills, is one of the way to tell how much your contribution matter. HPS, protection and objectives being others.

For exemple, as a burst ranged spec, I'll more often DPS someone down quickly inside a CC instead of capping, leaving melees to cap while I can keep the reinforcement away from the node with CC and DPS.... And I won't get objectives except in Civil War. No need to have 7 cappers. Even in Denova, 3-4 cappers are enough to cap quickly. In the end, not everyone gets objectives in offensive play. And in a match where the enemy attack both nodes, being the reinforcement often means you won't get a lot of defense objectives considering you will always be between two nodes. In Huttball, a commando won't get a lot of offensive objectives just because he will protect the carrier instead of being focused and killed in five globals by the enemy team. All these exemples show situations where kills, killing blows and damage show more than objectives. And none of them are any less important than a guard getting objectives by doing nothing because the enemy didn't attack the node or a stealther capping all doors in Voidstar.

And about the OP, I just came back from the other end of the spectrum.. Where the DPS my team could put out was so low, they couldn't get anything done. So I just came here and vented some. I'm not telling deathmatching is a viable strategy because it's not. But having no DPS on the pretense of playing objectives isn't better. Some classes are more suited to get high objectives points. Others are better suited to DPS down while leaving teamates get the objectives. Not that it is set in stone. PvP is dynamic.

I totally agree that if your team's DPS is too weak and the other's isn't you're going to get stomped. lol Your team will spend most of their time running back from spawn. This happened to me last night in several zones. AHG, for example. I'd come running back to mid after being focus fired by 5 people only to find....that all my other team mates were stuck back at spawn (or lawl solo zerging the enemy pylon) and there I'd be allllll alone at mid, again, with nearly the entire enemy team waiting for me.

In this case, our DPS wasn't strong enough and expertise so low on most other players that they were nothing but squishy moving targets for the enemy. Which leads me to another soap box. Expertise....people! Learn about bolster, please! But I'll save that for another thread.