4.0 Worst New Passive?

Svarthrafn

Now that the dev blog is out describing the new changes to the class, who do you think got the worst new passive ability?

I'm going to go with Rage/Focus. If only because 5% damage reduction compared to the marauder version's +15% critical damage is embarassing. :D

Edited by Svarthrafn

From a PVP perspective I don't really agree. This will put Fury ahead of Rage (which it should have been IMO) and make Rage more tanky (which it should be, again just my opinion). Additionally, Rage Jugg feels pretty awful to play atm with all the snares/roots everywhere, especially compared to Vengeance, and they also benefit more from moving the movement buff/root break from Endure Pain to Enrage as they have a reduced CD on it (or maybe they aren't removing it from Endure Pain and there will just be two, either way this is an improvement as basically no one can afford to spec into the Endure Pain talent). I think I'll drop 5s reflect for the root break on heroic leap and enjoy being basically unkitable as either DPS spec.

Out of the Warrior changes, I'd say Anni/Carnage/Vengeance passive is far worse. Anni still has pretty limited pressure, Carnage gets, lol, a dot on Ravage instead of it's burst back. Vengeance dots do basically no damage in a PVP setting, especially since it caps at 15% they'll still be a joke. Fury/Rage got the best IMO (back to 30% surge on Smash/RB for Maras and something to help close the gap in tankiness between Rage/Veng), Immortal is just kinda meh, the other 3 are outright bad.

Rage dont need to be more ''tanky'', it's a dps spec after all, and the main problem in pvp is that rage can easily be stunlocked to death and all your cd's wont save you, so marauders with their 6sec cc immine in fury+ 6 sec. with saber ward will be so much better, +15% crit dmg to raging burst is just enother stupid advantage of Fury over Rage. Juggernauts dont even get advantage of wearing heavy armor, rage jug have 33% dmg reduction, fury marauder have 30%+20% by cloack of pain, thats just idiotic, plus marauders have such awsome thing as obfuscate, 4-6 sec invisibilty, 4-6 sec bubble, 10 sec speed boost.

Immortal easily has it the worst so far from the passives shown 6% rng def stat that doesn't even have 100% uptime plus its on a move like ravage lol......

Rage juggernaut passive is ok kinda meh but it's not bad

Ven new passive is nice will be able to see an actual difference between ppl that can maximize this and will add even more sustained pressure to single target and dot spread.

Fury new passive is more burst which is awesome no ones really gonna QQ other then different classes

Anni new passive is also nice but the time span again is to short for any meaningful pvp scenario pve should be fine

Carnage dot on ravage is odd.... so far seems dumb but who knows the dot could be super strong plus internal/elemental damage.

You are mistken, in rage after Furious strike you put a debuf on the target wich increase melee dmg dealt on 5%, but the joke is that marauders gets this debuf for free in all specs after using battaring assult, so.....So far, the only actual advantage that rage have over fury as a free retaliation after each Furious stike that can crit on 7k, but compare to everithing else it's hardly a substantial. Edited by Kiffurio

You are mistken, in rage after Furious strike you put a debuf on the target wich increase melee dmg dealt on 5%, but the joke is that marauders gets this debuf for free in all specs after using battaring assult, so.....So far, the only actual advantage that rage have over fury as a free retaliation after each Furious stike that can crit on 7k, but compare to everithing else it's hardly a substantial.

maybe if u stopped crying about vengeance being so weak like a little b*tch you wouldn't have this problem...

so cry me a river

rip juggs... dumb debuffs everywhere.

everybody has that problem not just you... stop crying

Immortal easily has it the worst so far from the passives shown 6% rng def stat that doesn't even have 100% uptime plus its on a move like ravage lol......

Rage juggernaut passive is ok kinda meh but it's not bad

Ven new passive is nice will be able to see an actual difference between ppl that can maximize this and will add even more sustained pressure to single target and dot spread.

Fury new passive is more burst which is awesome no ones really gonna QQ other then different classes

Anni new passive is also nice but the time span again is to short for any meaningful pvp scenario pve should be fine

Carnage dot on ravage is odd.... so far seems dumb but who knows the dot could be super strong plus internal/elemental damage.

agreed

Edited by Bonzenaattori

Rage dont need to be more ''tanky'', it's a dps spec after all, and the main problem in pvp is that rage can easily be stunlocked to death and all your cd's wont save you, so marauders with their 6sec cc immine in fury+ 6 sec. with saber ward will be so much better, +15% crit dmg to raging burst is just enother stupid advantage of Fury over Rage. Juggernauts dont even get advantage of wearing heavy armor, rage jug have 33% dmg reduction, fury marauder have 30%+20% by cloack of pain, thats just idiotic, plus marauders have such awsome thing as obfuscate, 4-6 sec invisibilty, 4-6 sec bubble, 10 sec speed boost.

Exactly... If I wanted to be tanky, I'd play Immortal. A Dmg spec is a Dmg spec for a reason. They should all be viable, for both PvP and PvE. In PvE Rage will now be even worse than it is now. And now it is one, if not the, worst PvE spec. Ridiculous that other dmg specs are getting dmg buffs, but Rage is getting a tank buff. Sure, one can just play Vengeance in PvE, but I for one do not enjoy its playstyle. Besides, Vengeance is already sturdier than Rage as it is.

Edited by Neulwen

That's actually stronger than you think especially since it's attached to a tank. The proc would push a jugg tank's defense high enough to actually have some effect in PvP.

I think that's a good change, in that Carnage should be more of a sustained-burst hybrid and Fury should be the most burst-y spec. I can recall many times where I had a lot more burst using Carnage over Fury.

That's because carnage used to be burst while fury(formerly known as smash, for a reason) used to be an aoe spec ;)

Also, this is the Jugg/Guard forum ;)

Jugg/Guardian forum but thread was about worst new passives for 4.0. I do not think Warriors came out of the deal too badly. The only thing keeping Rage Jugg from (PVP) viability at the moment is susceptibility to kiting and squish. Squish is being moderately improved, mobility is improving quite a bit.

It's PVE damage could be improved substantially, easily, with relatively no negative consequences for PVP balance. Force Lash needs it's damage tripled, maybe 3.5x. Very simple, spec specific knob to tune that's been there forever, but Bioware is apparently happy with the spec doing trash sustained in PVE as it has done so basically forever and as far back as I can remember that talent has been there waiting to matter lol

Edited by Racter

Now that the dev blog is out describing the new changes to the class, who do you think got the worst new passive ability?

I'm going to go with Rage/Focus. If only because 5% damage reduction compared to the marauder version's +15% critical damage is embarassing. :D

As a Focus player...I am really looking forward to the +5% damage reduction.

To each their own, I guess.

No, pve all the way.

I don't understand why you're looking forward to this passive. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a bit more of defense, but we're not tanks. It's a great tank passive, but Focus are damage dealers and while every other spec get a bonus to damage, we only have more defense...great. That plus the change in the 4 pieces set bonus and the fact that BW didn't say saber throw will be 0-30m baseline lead me to expect that Focus damage output is be affected. Even if I hope I'm wrong.