Game Update 4.0 Class Changes: Jedi Knight + Sith Warrior

TaitWatson

Looks like the anni Mara will be staying retired. I long ago gave up hope that we would get back our 2.10 play style. It would be nice if you would finally acknowledge all the posts in the class suggestion threads made by the veteran players of the spec. Many good suggestions were made on how to fix the spec that went completely ignored. Even an explanation on why you won't revert the playstyle back to what most players loved about anni would be appreciated.

As far as not having an open pts I agree with others who think its a bad idea. Why you wouldn't want more people testing how these changes effect gameplay is beyond me.

And blade dance? Lmao bioware, you never cease to amaze.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad Dash who comes up with these names. I can't believe you pay someone a salary that has sat in a room and the best he could come with is mad dash.

I haven't quite understood it : It this the name for the Jedi Knight or fopr the Sith Warrior ?

Because, for the Sith Warrior I could at least understand it - it's just Sith behaviour.

But if for a Jedi Knight ... Jedi and madness ???

Completely let down again...waiting and waiting on Anni/Watchman changes and its basically nothing.

'' Annihilate/Merciless Slash makes your bleeds/burns deal 10% more '' WOOPEE DOO zzzzzzzzzz

Mad Dash/Blade Blitz !! omg what *****. Useless ability. Cant even see it being something that'l get put to good use in PVE or PVP. Maybe in unranked I suppose but meh.

All we wanted was Anni/Watchman fixed or at the very least on the road to being fixed.

Its basically been ignored like the majority of players who used and loved the spec.

Don't know who the DEVS are listening too if they're listening to anyone.

Annihilation/Watchman is a mess !!!

Remove Force Rend/Melt its ugly and we don't like it.

How many posts will it take before it hits home?

Make your player base happy ffs

Changing the utility levels seems stupid and pointless to me since it seems we still only get 7 utilities. Also that's going to immediately screw us in 4.0.

Blade dance? Really? I mean the names not terrible but the reason for renaming master strike is silly. Between this and the renaming of main stats just kind of proves that BW thinks its player base is a bunch of morons yet we know more about the ins and outs of the game than their own combat team.

Annihilation will still suck. Get rid of your damn pride and just give the community back what they want. The way it plays now is not fun nor practical. Just give us 2.10 annihilation back.

The new marauder masterful utility is.....I mean what? lol What makes you think anyone will ever take this utility? I mean seriously. Its a 5 minute CD that's used situationally in pve, and can't even be used in arenas so.....wow. Unless this ability is being redesigned I don't see the point of this utility.

On the subject of levels. Why are we increasing the ability unlocks? Not too mention shien is still WAY to far into the levels unlock for such an important stance to the class. Shouldn't this be unlocked at level 20 something? Or even level 16?

New dash ability. Why is the CD so long?

Several? How long does it take to dash 20m?

Operatives get something very similar and they can spam it.

I'm figuring at least 1 GCD, possibly a little more... so about 2 seconds of full damage immunity?

And I thoughts operatives can do it twice in a row? Granted operatives don't have nearly the total number of defensives that Knights do...

Edited by azudelphi

Jugg/Guardian has been my main since the game started and come 4.0 I definitely want it to be somewhat competitive. It seems the game is taking the route of added more anti-kite mechanisms to counter all of the slows and roots currently in the game by adding new abilities and modifying existing ones with utilities.

While the former is fine - even if mad dash has crazy limitations from where I'm looking - attaching a root break to enrage, an ability that is used somewhat rotationally seems pretty debilitating. I would be more up for an ability that costs a medium amount of rage, has a fairly short cd, to break roots.

As for Mad Dash. The best kiting range to use vs Juggs is the 8-10 zone, so we can't leap. Mad Dash will take us in range, then right back out. I'm not sure how this is gonna work out.

BW, Blade Dance is the ability name I ALWAYS wanted for a Jedi Knight! It'll be just like BEING Arya Stark!

Can we please all rename lightsabers to Needle on the Republic side?

That will avoid any confusion that other players have my lightsaber, since everyone will just have Needle. I was having enough trouble keeping track of the word Strike. It's harder on some days than on others.

Thank you for the best and most sensible decisions EVER!

Edited by arunav

Jugg/Guardian has been my main since the game started and come 4.0 I definitely want it to be somewhat competitive. It seems the game is taking the route of added more anti-kite mechanisms to counter all of the slows and roots currently in the game by adding new abilities and modifying existing ones with utilities.

While the former is fine - even if mad dash has crazy limitations from where I'm looking - attaching a root break to enrage, an ability that is used somewhat rotationally seems pretty debilitating. I would be more up for an ability that costs a medium amount of rage, has a fairly short cd, to break roots.

As for Mad Dash. The best kiting range to use vs Juggs is the 8-10 zone, so we can't leap. Mad Dash will take us in range, then right back out. I'm not sure how this is gonna work out.

Ya I'm not fond of the mad dash ability. If you could have a ground marker and choose where we land it would be way better.

For Mad Dash/Blade Blitz! What is the channel time or is it instant? I assume if channeled I can manually interrupt it?

It's going to be an instant, undoubtedly. Abilities like this in MMOs and SWTOR itself are always instant, and it wouldn't do much for mobility's sake if it wasn't instant.y