Super Serious Starfighter Saturday on The Harbinger, September 12th

Drakkolich

So with the ever changing landscape of the GSF scene I've decided to move Super Serious night to the very popular server The Harbinger. When I first made these on The Bastion the goal was to centralize the very competitive scene on one server for these events.

With the recent very cheap server transfers many servers have lost a huge chunk of the GSF population The Bastion included thus making it very hard to gain requisition on your ships for the Super Serious nights.

Hopefully those that transfered to The Bastion for these events won't be put out too much by needing to spend the currently very cheap price of 90CC to re transfer to the new location.

The Harbinger currently has a monstrous GSF population because of all the transfers, with queue's taking only a few minutes down to seconds sometimes. With this in mind I think it's the best spot to hold this event to test the waters and probably future events as well.

I wanted to get the ball rolling so I hope 2 weeks isn't too short notice for everyone. I will be continuing to roll them out on a monthly basis afterwards. Sorry for the hiatus my real life has been very busy this summer, but were in full swing again on a new server!

So get your teams ready because:

On September 12th at 9pm Eastern and continuing until Midnight Eastern were gathering up all the premades again to fight it out in a night of no holds barred action! We invite anyone and everyone to make a team of 4 players or use the same one you had last time, get your best ships ready and queue up!

The rules are simple make a 4 man team, queue up and play to win!

Where: The Harbinger Server

When: September 12th, 9pm-Midnight Eastern Time (EDT) / 6pm-9pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) / 1am-4am Cordinated Universal Time (UTC) (For anyone still confused by Time zones please consult this map http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/)

How: Duke it out by queueing a GSF team on either side

I'll be helping players find a team once again!

If you want to be put on the List of players without team, please let me know the following:

-What time you can be on for. Example: 1: I can play all 3 hours 2: I can only be there for the last 2 hours.

-What faction you will be playing on. Example: Empire

-What ships you will likely be flying. Example: 1: I fly only Gunship (Mangler) 2: I fly anything!

-How much requisition you have on the ships you mentioned. Example: 1: My Mangler is mastered, rest of my ships are stock. 2: All my ships are mastered. 3: My Sting and Razorwire are about halfway mastered, rest of my ships are stock.

We're offering the use of our Mumble one again in case you need one to communicate with your team, just PM me thought the forums or message/mail me in-game (Drakolich Empire side) for information.

I will be forming the teams from the List of players without a team on September 9th so let me know all your information by then please.

Thanks in advance!

List of teams currently signed up:

#1 Drakolích Saníc Ion-kitty(Verain) Xiaoyu/Seung-mina Republic

#2 Zyrieas/Zyríeas Hawkë Jaesä/Jaësa _______ Republic/Empire

#3 ________ Lucklessa/Sixofone Carranog/Riste Yallia/Yallia Empire/Republic

#4 Challintra Vonnare _______ _______ Republic

#5 Krispyrose Wulf'f Rohan Jokas Empire

List of players without a team currently:

#1 Lendul/Drexxon Faction: Republic/Empire Availability: Whole Event Ships: All ships. Requisition: All ships Mastered (Cancelled)

#2 Vonnare Faction: Republic Availability: Unknown Ships: Quarrel, Flashfire, Rampart, Novadive and Starguard Requisition: Quarrel and Flashfire mastered, rest about 2/3 rds (On a team)

#3 Yallia/Yallia? Faction: Republic/Empire Availability: Unknown Ships: All ships Requisition: All ships Mastered (On a team)

#4 Lucklessa/Sixofone Faction: Republic/Empire Availability: Whole Event Ships: Unknown Requisition: Unknown (On a team)

#5 Carranog/Riste Faction: Empire/Republic Availability: Whole Event Ships: Sting, Bloodmark, Razorwire, Mangler and Flashfire Requisition: All ships on Empire Mastered or very close, Flashfire about half mastered (On a team)

#6 Jaesä/Jaësa Faction: Republic/Empire Availability: Whole Event Ships: All ships Requisition: All Mastered (On a team)

#7 Pyrochenko/Andrachenko Faction: Republic/Empire Availability: Last 1.5/2 hours of the Event Ships: All ships Requisition: All Mastered (Cancelled)

#8 Challintra Faction: Republic Availability: Whole Event Ships: Spearpoint/Flashfire/Quarrel/Condor(2 missile)/Rampart Mk4 Requisition: All ships mentioned Mastered (On a team)

List of players playing solo::

#1 Sithace/Skywallkr - Faction: Empire/Republic Availability: Whole Event Ships: All ships. Requisition: All ships Mastered

#2 MaximilianPower/SylvesterMcbean Faction: Republic/Empire Availability: 10pm - 12am ET (hopefully) Ships: Quarrel, Flashfire, Spearpoint, Mangler and Sting Requisition: All Republic ships mentioned Mastered, Empire ships half mastered

#3 H'ydra, Aphrodisiac, & Stockhunter/Hydra, Cap'merica, & Stocktrooper Faction: Empire/Republic Availability: "there for atleast part of it" Ships: Unknown Requisition: Unknown except stock characters are stock

Edited by Drakkolich

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I'll get the ball rolling.

Welcome officially to the Harbinger server! ;)

This is the server with my mains on so I can play Pub or Imp. I have to scroll my friends list on both toons so not sure who I will be flying with at this time.

Toons: Sithace and Skywallkr.

Ships: All and all mastered. Both sides. (except some cartel ships hehe :cool:)

Time: All three hours.

I'll let ya know Drak more as we get closer to the event, will have to talk to a lot of people before event.

When: September 12th, 9pm-Midnight Eastern Time (EDT) / 6pm-9pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) (For anyone still confused by Time zones please consult this map http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/)

First thing: UTC means practically the same as GMT (it's technical, GMT is an official timezone, UTC is just a 'standard time')

EDT = UTC-4

PST = UTC-8

The difference between timezones is 4 hours, not 3.

Maybe you meant PDT (UTC-7)?...

And seriously - since everyone should have clear information about his own timezone reference to UTC, maybe add UTC as well?

Ok... now I am joining as teamless player:

Time: full event

Name: Challintra / Republic

Ships: Spearpoint/Flashfire/Quarrel/Condor(2 missile)/Rampart Mk4

All mastered, maybe lacking 1-2 components

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

Ha, I was reminiscing about Super Serious just yesterday with some folks on Shadowlands. Nice to see the event return.

Saturdays are never good for me; I doubt I can make the whole thing but I'll try to be there for the last couple of hours. Probably not worth assigning me to a team given the tentative time frame I'll be available. So:

Name: MaximilianPower (pub)/SylvesterMcbean (imp)

Ships: Quarrel, Flashfire, Spearpoint (all mastered)/Mangler, Sting (maybe half-mastered)

Time: 10pm - 12am ET (hopefully)

I keep meaning to roll an imp alt on Harb but I haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll try to do that this week and see if I can get at least one ship into Super Serious shape by the 12th. If I can, I'll add that guy's info above.

EDIT: so I did roll an imp, info added above. Trying to grind out req on him. I expect to have both Mangler & Sting in decent fightin' shape, though neither will be close to mastered.

Edited by MaximilianPower

Glad to see this event has returned! Not sure if I am available at this juncture but I will be sure to let you know. It is also nice that it is coming in rather short notice rather than having to wait a month...:rak_01:

Something I would like to add with regards to the Harbinger server. This server has a great and healthy GSF population, pops are constant, and while this is generally a good thing, I believe it may make things tough for a night like this unless those involved take extra care to try to que against one another. Getting a super serious double premade against random harbinger players is a very real possibility, and you could have a full imp premade vs normal players, and vica versa on the other side at the same time. Efforts should be made to try to get all of the premades to que at the same time, and wait until everyone else is out before re-queing.

Just my two cents

EDIT: Was discussing SS on TRE this morning and someone raised a good point, that European players often have connection problems on harbinger, as do many people (myself included) due to its large population. This could heavily affect how people perform and may discourage people from coming. It may make a lot more sense to hold this on a less active server. My suggestion? Keep this on bastion, that way nobody has to transfer, connection wont be an issue, and we will have a much better chance of being matched against other SS premades.

Edited by Lavaar

Glad to see this event has returned! Not sure if I am available at this juncture but I will be sure to let you know. It is also nice that it is coming in rather short notice rather than having to wait a month...:rak_01:

Something I would like to add with regards to the Harbinger server. This server has a great and healthy GSF population, pops are constant, and while this is generally a good thing, I believe it may make things tough for a night like this unless those involved take extra care to try to que against one another. Getting a super serious double premade against random harbinger players is a very real possibility, and you could have a full imp premade vs normal players, and vica versa on the other side at the same time. Efforts should be made to try to get all of the premades to que at the same time, and wait until everyone else is out before re-queing.

Just my two cents

EDIT: Was discussing SS on TRE this morning and someone raised a good point, that European players often have connection problems on harbinger, as do many people (myself included) due to its large population. This could heavily affect how people perform and may discourage people from coming. It may make a lot more sense to hold this on a less active server. My suggestion? Keep this on bastion, that way nobody has to transfer, connection wont be an issue, and we will have a much better chance of being matched against other SS premades.

I concur. It is much easier to guarantee SS v. SS on Bastion. And the 90cc transfer fee should mean it is easy to move a mastered alt there. No need to grind for it.

The best place to hold a SS would probably be a dead server. That would guarantee at least a few 8v8 premade games. We only had 2 of those at the last SS I attended.

Unfortunately I'll be out of town for this one.:mad:

I'm glad you'll be running these every month though. Given enough notice I can guarantee my attendance.

Ya I'm worried about the larger population stuff too guys, however I've also had many complaints of players not being able to earn the requisition needed to participate because it was on a dead server.

I had way more complaints about this then lining up the premades last time, so I thought we would test it on Harbinger and see how it goes. This one can be a test to see how it goes.

The issue with West coast isn't so much the fee as the ping times from Europe. East Coast is 3000 miles less, much more forgiving. I average 105 - 115 on Shadowlands, lucky to get below 175 on Harb/Bastion.

Yeah that's probably the main problem for us Europeans. Playing from Southern Germany, I too average around 175ms on Bastion and Harbinger, with spikes up to 260ms for a few seconds now and then. Definitely not unplayable, but it may cause issues with missile-lockons and such.

Nevertheless, great to see another fun event coming...can't say for sure if I will attend this time, but being only average on skill that won't really matter that much :rolleyes:

The issue with West coast isn't so much the fee as the ping times from Europe. East Coast is 3000 miles less, much more forgiving. I average 105 - 115 on Shadowlands, lucky to get below 175 on Harb/Bastion.

Siraka and I are considering putting together a super serious kind of event on Shadowlands at some point in the future. We would like to accommodate as many of the EU players we have met as possible, and have considered holding it around 1pm (EDT) in order to not only accommodate the time zone differences, but also to ensure that the server isn't overly saturated with newer pilots. This is mere speculation at this point, but I would like to let you guys know we are thinking of you.

Signing up. I don't have a team, and I'd like to organize one in advance. Anyone out there interested? I have a fair amount of req on ships both sides, and a mastered gunship on both sides. (Zyrieas/Zyríeas)

Gunship is where I'm most useful, but I'm passable in a bomber or a scout (quads/pods) as well.

Does this mean I have to pick which three other people to fly with? When I group, which admittedly is always, it is never the same people. I have no care for the experience of the pilot, gear of ship or anything like that.

I have all ships mastered, both factions and can fly either side. Since it is a Saturday night, I don't have to dedicate myself to which side I fly on. My best ship is GS (Mangler/Quarrel) followed by bombers. I only fly the scout for tensor and when I die, bring in a different ship.

What exactly is the purpose of SS?

Sixofone/Lucklessa

Signing up. I don't have a team, and I'd like to organize one in advance. Anyone out there interested? I have a fair amount of req on ships both sides, and a mastered gunship on both sides. (Zyrieas/Zyríeas)

Gunship is where I'm most useful, but I'm passable in a bomber or a scout (quads/pods) as well.

I'd be happy to fly with you if you'd like.

Hawkë's already there for Pub, and has everything mastered, and I could maybe bring the JC Graendahl by for a cameo if you'd prefer to fly Imp. Possibly Semírhage from TEH, but I think she still needs to master a few things, whereas Graendahl is I believe complete (or close to it).

If you're interested, feel free to PM me here, or send Hawkë a msg in game.

Does this mean I have to pick which three other people to fly with? When I group, which admittedly is always, it is never the same people. I have no care for the experience of the pilot, gear of ship or anything like that.

I have all ships mastered, both factions and can fly either side. Since it is a Saturday night, I don't have to dedicate myself to which side I fly on. My best ship is GS (Mangler/Quarrel) followed by bombers. I only fly the scout for tensor and when I die, bring in a different ship.

What exactly is the purpose of SS?

Sixofone/Lucklessa

Heh, I ran into you a few times this afternoon during one of my rare forays to Harbinger. Unless there's another "Maulkat" on that server.

Anyway, no, you don't have to select people to group with; you can announce your presence in /gsf and just see who's on and/or looking for a SS team. That's typically what I've done in the past, largely because I've never been able to commit to the entire event. Or you can solo queue, but of course you're less likely to get pops that way.

Purpose of the event is mostly just to get folks from different servers together. The ideal outcome is basically to get all-star GSF teams on both sides; unfortunately, this doesn't work out that often. But when it does, the games can be spectacular.

In GSF, Maulkat is just an alt of mine, Sixofone is my main imperial flier. Yes, I did two matches on Maulkat this afternoon and remember seeing your name on the other side. You're one I've taken notice of in the few times I've seen you on Harbinger.

*shivers* at the thought of flying solo. Even losing is more fun in a group

I am kind of on the side of Sithace. I know far too many people on Harb to pick just three others to fly with and not have other friends of mine be butt hurt about not getting picked to be on my team. Edited by Maulkat

For those of you that want to be in a group but don't want to upset friends, might I suggest asking to be put in the "looking for a team list" on Wednesday the 9th I will just make teams out of players that are in that list. You might even get to fly with some new people for the event.

For now I've put the players that have asked to be put down specifically solo in a seperate list to help keep me sane. :)

If you would like to be put in a different list or want to start your own team let me know. The best way is the way Zyrieas did it just ask if anyone wants to join you.

Edited by Drakkolich

I forgot to mention I'll be available for the whole event.

If you guys are planning on running solo, I hope you will at least be in VOIP with each other. A bunch of good players solo queuing could hurt their faction because rather than making a premade of good players, you'll be randomly tossed into games against premades or a bunch of no bodies. That's especially likely on harbinger where up to 3 games can run at once. It's VOIP premades vs. premades that make for some of the best matches.