Everyone is a Bad!

DirtyDiggler

The one thing I have learned from my limited time of attempting SWTOR ranked is that EVERYONE IS A BADDIE.

How did I arrive at this conclusion?

Because most games you play in ranked, you play among the same folks. Sometimes against, sometimes together, but the one thing remains, everyone things the other guy sucks.

You hear target Joe, Joe sucks

When Joe doesnt suck and wins the game, its because Bob sucks who claims the John who is calling everyone out also sucks.

Next game your against Bob, and Joe who is now your teammate tells you to target John because John sucks. We target John and win but not without hearing our Allen sucks and was carried.

Next game your back teamed with sucky Allen and Bob who both want to focus John because John sucks and when we lose they both agree that I suck.....

you ask about rankings and your told they all que-sync's who cheat and really suck.

Everyone says everyone sucks....

Edited by DirtyDiggler

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just always amused listening to people at match start and end.

Its always an education on stupidity.

I totally agree with you. At least I silently suck and don't feel the need to put people down because of it.

Last night in regs (IN REGS!) three of us in an arena were subjected to ranked-level vitriol because the ops leader wanted their healer focused and it didn't happen. But I watched the whole thing from a wide angle (I was our healer) and the three dps (INCLUDING THE OPS LEADER) were all 1v1 deathmatching the other three dps. 'So happened their dps was much better than ours, I couldn't heal through three bars simultaneously melting (and they were standing far apart, so no AOE HoT's for them), and Ops leader loses it in chat, blaming everyone but himself. I would have joined him in the anger (not the insulting, though) if only he had actually touched their healer instead of running off to deathmatch.

lol

at match start "we got this is easy they suck"

at match end "you guys suck, nvr q again fgt u r sht or i'll kill u "

afterwords: "why does queue never pop? Server must be dead"

FTFY :)

Sauce: JC Yolos on my Sorc, cause I'm suppose to be Fourth Coming of Kephess playing one" :rolleyes:

Edited by FerkWork

I totally agree with you. At least I silently suck and don't feel the need to put people down because of it.

Last night in regs (IN REGS!) three of us in an arena were subjected to ranked-level vitriol because the ops leader wanted their healer focused and it didn't happen. But I watched the whole thing from a wide angle (I was our healer) and the three dps (INCLUDING THE OPS LEADER) were all 1v1 deathmatching the other three dps. 'So happened their dps was much better than ours, I couldn't heal through three bars simultaneously melting (and they were standing far apart, so no AOE HoT's for them), and Ops leader loses it in chat, blaming everyone but himself. I would have joined him in the anger (not the insulting, though) if only he had actually touched their healer instead of running off to deathmatch.

My favorite is when they let you get ********ed 3v1 while they chase after a person. Then proceed to mutter in chat how it was totally because you sucked :mad:

I think Yolos is best played without Ops chat.

Well when 98% of my matches look like this.

http://i.imgur.com/eCRt7Qe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yFBwHzh.jpg (this one was great, the other team didn't have a tank and we lost easily...how sad)

http://i.imgur.com/LMSX9AX.jpg (This one was a 3v4 that we almost one and would have if we had a 4th)

http://i.imgur.com/AoMsz4F.jpg

.....Ya most everyone is bad. I finally started to climb back up to 1200 on my mara only to be dropped back down again by dps that can't dps and don't know how to CC and trolls that just afk to sorcs that don't know how to barrier to getting the same bad snipers/mercs on my team that die in 10s......sigh why do I keep queuing? If rating was individual instead of team I'd probably be pretty decent rating considering I do well almost every match even when I'm first target.....though I have no clue how they would rate individual play so *shrug* its yolo lol.

My favorite is when they let you get ********ed 3v1 while they chase after a person. Then proceed to mutter in chat how it was totally because you sucked :mad:

I think Yolos is best played without Ops chat.

thissssssss esp as a healer in solo q which is a good example of why i stopped playing ranked too many ppl that are supposed to be the top of the pvp in terma of gen chat .... they do this then blame the healer for it like ffs :cool:

Here's another good one from tonight. (Yes I'm totally venting on this thread lmao)

http://i.imgur.com/O9KXnf5.jpg

I cc'd, I did knockbacks and peeled for our healer (our healer was really good actually) but damn it all if we could get some DPS. Best part? The other sin was hatred. How does a hatred sin let a deception sin out dps him? If I was playing hatred I probably would have been way above 1mil......

Sigh yet I keep on queuing. Where's my 8v8 ranked?

The one thing I have learned from my limited time of attempting SWTOR ranked is that EVERYONE IS A BADDIE.

Because most games you play in ranked, you play among the same folks. Sometimes against, sometimes together, but the one thing remains, everyone things the other guy sucks.

When Joe doesnt suck and wins the game, its because Bob sucks who claims the John who is calling everyone out also sucks.

Next game your against Bob, and Joe who is now your teammate tells you to target John because John sucks. We target John and win but not without hearing our Allen sucks and was carried.

Next game your back teamed with sucky Allen and Bob who both want to focus John because John sucks and when we lose they both agree that I suck.....

you ask about rankings and your told they all que-sync's who cheat and really suck.

Normally I tend to disagree with your posts, but here I think you're 100% on target--and you added a dash of humor in there. Good post :)

It's extremely easy to tell who is a good player, and who is a bad player for dps. The number at the end. You can take circumstances into account, like guarding a node, or dive bombing in to stop caps and getting killed, but good dps are good at doing objectives while still pumping out a lot of damage and rarely dying. It's that simple. Ransu's posts show that. In spite of having other bad dps with him, he still did damn good dps.

If you are the focus target for arena and there's nothing that you can do but go defensive, yes, your dps will be lower. However, good dps will still find a way to go out in a blaze of glory.

That's all there is to it. In one of those snapshots, both the dot spec sin and pt did less than a third of his dps = bad player. Good dps know how to react, position, do good dps, while still peeling and being aware of the encounter.

It's very easy to see.

It's extremely easy to tell who is a good player, and who is a bad player for dps. The number at the end. You can take circumstances into account, like guarding a node, or dive bombing in to stop caps and getting killed, but good dps are good at doing objectives while still pumping out a lot of damage and rarely dying. It's that simple. Ransu's posts show that. In spite of having other bad dps with him, he still did damn good dps.

If you are the focus target for arena and there's nothing that you can do but go defensive, yes, your dps will be lower. However, good dps will still find a way to go out in a blaze of glory.

That's all there is to it. In one of those snapshots, both the dot spec sin and pt did less than a third of his dps = bad player. Good dps know how to react, position, do good dps, while still peeling and being aware of the encounter.

It's very easy to see.

We are talking about ranked buddy and in ranked arena you can get globaled and in some cases its not the person getting globaled who is at fault. It can be his team that went all kinds of different ways, sins who took the scenic route trying to get behind the team and lack of general game plan that caused your DPS to get globaled.

But that is beyond the point anyways, this is a humor thread to discuss the fact that everyone in ranked calls the other guy a baddie.

Edited by DirtyDiggler

Pretty sure my point still stands. Ransu tripled the damage of another sin/pt (so still fotm), while peeling for the heals, and staying alive.

If I were in that match, I would recognize them as a competent player. I would not recognize those other 2 dps as competent players, and I would recognize the healer as a competent player. I also take in to account how people move and react during a fight, and I wasn't there, but the numbers don't lie.

I'm not denying the concept of someone getting globaled and having no output in a ranked match (in fact i mentioned it in my post). I'm just saying that good players are easy to see. Yes, everyone is going to call everyone bad, but that doesn't change that fact that it's easy to recognize good players.

Edited by lavatsunami

"There is only so good one can be at a tap-target game. "

Although that statement is technically true, what you're trying to say in it is not.

Pvp variables:

1) Your rotation, your ccs, your counters

2) Your team, their gear, their reaction time, their skill level, their class, how they work as a group, their positioning

3) The opposing team, their reaction time, their skill, their class, how they work as a group, their positioning

4) Your positioning

5) Your cooldowns

6) Your opponents cooldowns, and possibly multiple opponents cooldowns (if you can keep multiple in your head)

7) the objectives

8) the score

There is a very big difference in a player who can keep those above variables in their head dynamically while playing their class to their potential, and those who cannot.

Edited by lavatsunami

You just wrote one of the most sensible posts ever on these fora! GG! :csw_yoda:

^ Fact. My name is Joe, and game is hard.

:D

"There is only so good one can be at a tap-target game. "

Although that statement is technically true, what you're trying to say in it is not.

Pvp variables:

1) Your rotation, your ccs, your counters

2) Your team, their gear, their reaction time, their skill level, their class, how they work as a group, their positioning

3) The opposing team, their reaction time, their skill, their class, how they work as a group, their positioning

4) Your positioning

5) Your cooldowns

6) Your opponents cooldowns, and possibly multiple opponents cooldowns (if you can keep multiple in your head)

7) the objectives

8) the score

There is a very big difference in a player who can keep those above variables in their head dynamically while playing their class to their potential, and those who cannot.

There are people that are able to picture the cds of multiple opponents while in the frenzy of the fight???:eek:

Wow, guess there are now that you mention it. It's SWTOR Got Talent here!

:D

There are people that are able to picture the cds of multiple opponents while in the frenzy of the fight???:eek:

Wow, guess there are now that you mention it. It's SWTOR Got Talent here!

Most of the DCD's have pretty obvious visuals so its not really difficult to differentiate during a fight.