2015 people still focusing the tanks

Forbiddian

How do I tell a tank discipline from a non-tank discipline ?

Or, in other words : How do I know this is a tank and not the same class but DD ?

how do you know if a sage is tank ? or operative? or sniper? exactly they arent, so leave the guardian and focus on the rest..

Or, in other words : How do I know this is a tank and not the same class but DD ?

look at his stance: if it's soresu on jug, ion cylinder on powertech or dark charge on shadow - it's a tank

Tunelling tanks with healers cced (skanks, especially) can be a valid tactic in arenas pretty often.

this. sorc/tank combos are virtually impossible to break if you do not pull them away from each other and simultaneous focus them both. even then, it'll probably take most of the match before you kill one of them.

Look at their saber form and what powers they are using. An immortal tank isn't going to use raging burst on you or shatter. If they backhand you, then they are a tank.

It really baffles me when I see level 60's in a wz literately standing in a circle around two different tanks on the other team like they are trying to partake in a circle jerk while 2-3 healers just stand in one spot free casting...

Either allot of **** play this game or people who have an iq somewhere around 40.. The thing that really gets me is when you tell them to focus the healer, you either get completely and totally ignored or the very same people taking part in the circle jerk start talking **** to you like your the dumb **** for being the only one attacking the healers.. /smdh.

:confused:

Tunelling tanks with healers cced (skanks, especially) can be a valid tactic in arenas pretty often.

Yeah, the problem in PUGs is someone will break that mez on the healer ruining the chance to get the tank out of there before the healer steps in and it is all for not. Same as splitting to have one person pressure the healer while the others burn down a non-guarded target or hard swapping.

It pretty much leaves just brute tunneling the healer as what most feel is the only option and where it gets even more difficult in 8s where there are more than 1 healer cross healing. Healing is easier as you see your allies in your OP frame and you heal the ones taking damage where as coordinating DPS to counter that with text requires communication that PUGs do not have.

Yeah, the problem in PUGs is someone will break that mez on the healer ruining the chance to get the tank out of there before the healer steps in and it is all for not. Same as splitting to have one person pressure the healer while the others burn down a non-guarded target or hard swapping.

It pretty much leaves just brute tunneling the healer as what most feel is the only option and where it gets even more difficult in 8s where there are more than 1 healer cross healing. Healing is easier as you see your allies in your OP frame and you heal the ones taking damage where as coordinating DPS to counter that with text requires communication that PUGs do not have.

This. I love when ppl expect braindead pugs to execute ranked tactics. And agreed, healing is way too easy (except for mando). I wonder how much worse would it be if pugs learned they can cleanse stuns on others...

If one more person tells me to focus the guarded healer taking no damage, I'm going to slap them. Tank tunneling is definitely a viable tactic if you aren't braindead.

This. Protection is a thing, and Guard is a lot more effective in PvP than PvE. I still say slam the Healer first if your team can drill them down, but I do often recommend slamming the tank in a 3 DPS/1 Tank setup. And if Prot numbers are insane the first match and Healer survived, yeah, "Let's try hitting that Tank in round 2...".

"If the Taunt debuff is applied to another player, their damage is reduced by 30% if they are attacking another target but you."

That is why you hit the tank. Pure and simple. Doing 80% less damage to the healer is not going to allow you to kill them anytime soon.

Edited by Daiyukie

"If the Taunt debuff is applied to another player, their damage is reduced by 30% if they are attacking another target but you."

That is why you hit the tank. Pure and simple. Doing 80% less damage to the healer is not going to allow you to kill them anytime soon.

how is a 30% debuff = to 80% less damage?

oh, and if you attack a guarded healer, both the tank and healer are taking damage.

That is why you hit the tank. Pure and simple. Doing 30% less damage to the healer is not going to allow you to kill them anytime soon. Doing 80% less dmg to a healer when he is guarded and you are taunted.

FIXED

:p

Edited by AlexNautolan

I think your math to get to 80% damage reduction is faulty.

lets keep the numbers simple for discussion purposes. first, the taunt affects you immediately. so there is a 30% reduction from a taunt. so, lets start with a 10,000 hp attack. the taunt reduces it by 30% or 3k. so that hit now has a max of 7,000 hp. now if that hit reduced to 7k hits a guarded target that is another 30% reduction upon your use of the skill. 7,000 *30% = 2,100. since taunts do not stack, the most a 10k hit can be reduced by is 5,100. so a 10k hit becomes 4.9k. this is only a 51% reduction..

I do not see how the math can say attacking a guarded healer, with a tank using taunts reduces the damage taken by that healer by 80%. please explain how that number is derived.

technically its not a full -80% dmg, how I would assume it works is 30% of your full post-mitigation attack value is removed, then 50% of that is split between the tank and the person who's guarded

No, taunt is a on-target effect, so it is applied before any of the target's mitigation effects are.

You are playing for such a long time and still have never recognized the different combat stances?

I only have a tank in level 26, parked, and one with level 16 or so, also parked. I really don't like tanking that much. Both are mainly mules for me now. Last time I actually played them was months ago.

And during combat - am I really supposed to hover my mouse pointer over those enemies' icons to see what they read ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer