2 year + Fanboy of Swtor sadly cancels his account.

Dualthreat

First I was a very big supporter of this game since 2009. I was active on these forums up to launch daily. I really wanted this game to be amazing. I pre-ordered CE and DE's on day 1 of pre orders in july. So while you may not agree with my opinion it should concern you that a hard core fanboy has this opinion of the game. Here we go.

Since Launch I have already canceled my account. I played to 25, tried all the pve quests up to that level and took my time listening to all the story. I tired space combat and pvp. Again, I really wanted to love this game. I am a huge star wars fan and was a BIG fanboy of the game to be good. I did not expect amazing, I just wanted a pretty decent mmo with fun combat mechanics and action.

My biggest issues were the world is very static and dead. I feel like I am walking, and walking, and walking and walking and walking through a cut and paste game where nothing lives, paths, moves or changes. Its all just stuck in place. You move from area to area of this cut and paste environment with fairly boring combat mechanics that get old fast. You run into some good story but then way to many cut and long cut scenes for minor quests. I love this aspect for the main story parts but to do it for everything was massive overkill.

The pvp is honestly some of the most bland and boring pvp I have ever played. From all accounts you put bad combat mechanics into a massive open area and it will be just as bland as the limited 5 objective areas illum will have.

For me the game just wasn't worth putting the effort into as it wasn't that fun. it was decent but the average fan rating of 6.1/10 you are seeing on some metric sites is accurate for me. Its just a slightly above bad game which people who love single player story will play through then quit. Most mmo players like myself who played EQ and WoW and other games for years probably wont make this home for long.

While you may disagree with what I have to stay, Please understand I was a big fan and supporter for years of this game. I took 2 weeks off work just for its launch.

Now I have canceled my account. Ill be reading good books on my time of, playing skyirm, and hope gw2 is much better. It breaks my heart to not love or even like this game. I wish those of you who do the best. I post not to hate, I just wanted this game to be good enough to play from month to month for a limited amount of hours a week, I never expected much more then a wow clone but when swtor delivered so much less it was a large disappointment. The pure power of bioware and the star wars universe will have this game around for years to come, I am glad for that for those who love it. I just felt after 2 years of forum dedication and such a desire to just like the game I should post.

Gotcha. You were a big supporter of a game for 2 years that you had not played and now you are disappointed. So why was this posted here again?

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/12/46/88/94/12501510.jpg

'nuff said

Don't really care myself... I've played eight characters to level 10 (I'm evenly leveling one of every class and am going to shoot them all to level 20 tonight) at this point, haven't been bored/disappointed yet... other than that my connection sucks :p but beyond that -shrug-

Still, if you want to leave... then leave? I mean, why post about it? You're mostly going to be hated on... if you've given up on the game, and know you 'can't fix it' what are you trying to do? Warn people to 'save themselves' from one of the most active MMO's thus far?

Never happen mate

Ok, you are allowed to have your opinion. Quit stay it doesnt affect my gaming experience but before you go answer me this.

If you have been an (correct me if I am wrong) an avid supporter for 2 years why is it that after 5-6 days after launch you are already bailing?

Way to "support" the game and give it a chance.... 730 odd days of support and you leave after 5ish days. Something doesnt quite make sense.

Already left for the same reasons, great Single player game but as a MMO meh.

PvP is just so so bad, the UI so so bad.

Once the amazing and it is amazing storyline is over it just is not worth a subscription for me. Even if the UI and healing was not so bad, I don't see much fun to be had @ 50.

Perhaps in a year the game will improve, but Im not playing 150 bucks a year for its current form.

And to the fanboy flamers

You do not want Addons because you're not good and do not want others to see that YOU are the reason why the group is failing on content.

And you PvPer especially healers who "love it" you are bads who do not realize how bad you're actually doing. None of you can see who needs to be "cleansed" soon enough and react to it quick enough to make an actual difference.

You carebare casual PvP'ers do not even know how not having Diminishing Returns is completely messed up.

So ya

9.5 as a set price single player game

5/10 as a subscription MMO

There is no need to rip on the OP. At least he didn't whine and moan. His reasons were well-thought out and well-written. There was no attitude. I for one am sorry to see him go because if there's one thing MMOs need its more maturity and thoughtfulness and a lot less "you mad bro?" d-baggery.

The best thing his post can do for 99% of the people on this forum is show how to post without looking like a complete knob.

I think his concerns have merit. Personally I'd like a bit more of a sandbox and less of an amusement park. I was pretty mad when I couldn't just go anywhere I wanted on Taris or Tatooine, for example. Didn't like being forced to use public speeders on Tatooine to cross an area that anyone should've been able to cross on their own.

And although I can see where the OP is coming from I don't feel the same way. I love the game and will continue to play it.

Snip

Rather have people like you gone to be honest. All you people who use the word "carebear" can quit thanks. Also anyone who calls themselves a "hardcore pvp" person can also exit stage left. Do not need the negativity the game can be fun for others. I know you say anyone who likes the game doesnt know how to play etc. Again attitudes like this are not needed.

Rather have people like you gone to be honest. All you people who use the word "carebear" can quit thanks. Also anyone who calls themselves a "hardcore pvp" person can also exit stage left. Do not need the negativity the game can be fun for others. I know you say anyone who likes the game doesnt know how to play etc. Again attitudes like this are not needed.

I have to agree 100% here.

PVP is good, but it's not the end all / be all of the game. I know PLENTY of people who are leaving / have left WoW that really could care less about PVP, but enjoy post 85. They'll stick around to see what it's worth. Even if they play every class through, they still get WAY more than $60 worth, just for story.

Feeling the same - been following the game since late 2006 :/ and it's not that I had crazy expectations either, I just really don't enjoy a lot of the design decisions made. A lot of them.

From big things to many many small things.

Maybe I'll see you in GW2. I feel your pain mate.

It's a decent MMORPG, possibly the most polished version of old ideas (+VO/cutscenes) but it sadly isn't doing it for me as a game I want to pay for monthly.

Now THIS post concerns me

Deaconx is a true fan of SWTOR...hes the reason my main account has a oct 08 join date....Hes the one who let alot of us know about this game on MMORPG>COM

And if hes allready burned out, thats very telling...../shrug

The less satisfied the customer the more vocal he'll be. So user scores are often low. Most people enjoying a game don't feel the need to get on a soap box and shout it. They're just enjoying it.

For the 6/10 score, have a look at other games on metacritic. Lets look at WoW:

Vanilla 7.0

BC: 7.0

WotLK: 6.5

Cata: 5.2

6.1 starts looking pretty average now doesn't it? And this is for a game that's had millions of subs for years.

Then you have really crappy games like Warhammer:AOR that got 8.8.

I'm not saying SWTOR is perfect but user scores are unfortunately not a good bench mark.

I've been following this game for years and I can't see myself staying for longer than a month. I hope that's not the case and shortly there's some more end game, a more visible community, and perhaps not so many linear elements.

The PvP in this game feels too much like Warhammer Online.

I mean, of all the games out there, being like Warhammer Online is like the only game that would make me say "I wish this game was more like World of Warcraft!".

They really needed to keep the crappy talent from Mythic farther away from this game. BioWare (great games) + Mythic (lousy games... yes, even DAoC) = Average game, which is what we ended up with.

I think this game actually ended up okay, but you do need to check your expectations and hopes at the door. If you aren't fighting through a wave of disappointment as you play this game, you don't have the imagination to see what a truly great game this could have been.

The PvP in this game feels too much like Warhammer Online.

I mean, of all the games out there, being like Warhammer Online is like the only game that would make me say "I wish this game was more like World of Warcraft!".

They really needed to keep the crappy talent from Mythic farther away from this game. BioWare (great games) + Mythic (lousy games... yes, even DAoC) = Average game, which is what we ended up with.

I think this game actually ended up okay, but you do need to check your expectations and hopes at the door. If you aren't fighting through a wave of disappointment as you play this game, you don't have the imagination to see what a truly great game this could have been.

PvP was the only good part about Warhammer Onine. WoW PvP is atrocious.

I mean, unless you like grinding to stack resilience gear to fight amongst a mass of homogenized classed played with entitled whiners...

Edited by Vaegaknight

Wow, just wow.. are all of you so damn immature that you cant let the OP state his reasons for leaving and move on? Or do all you fanboi's sit up at night looking for yet new ways to say old remarks in a new cutting manner? The lot of you make me want to puke, and lower the mental age bracket of this game by at LEAST 20 years. Some of you sound like your frikin 12 and had your cookie taken away your so petulant.

So , let the OP state what he wanted, which MAY EVEN BE ACCURATE EH? (shutup fanboi) and move on. Running your mouths after that is moronic, wait sorry, stupid, no wait, uhm.. just shut up and let it go.

Idiots

Many people here have mentally talked themselves into supporting this game even if many concerns about it is 100% warranted. I am sure many who are supporting it right now know of its shortcomings yet still will try to desperately stick to it. Thinking it will turn into the game they actually are trying to defend.

Others like the OP are honest and try their best to like the game but in the end have to drop out and voice legitimate problems.

Edited by Jigss

Many people here have mentally talked themselves into supporting this game even if many concerns about it is 100% warranted. I am sure many who are supporting it right now know of its shortcomings yet still will try to desperately stick to it. Thinking it will turn into the game they actually are trying to defend.

Others like the OP are honest and try their best to like the game but in the end have to drop out and voice legitimate problems.

Or they don't share the same opinions as the people complaining and are simply enjoying the game as it's meant to be played? Heaven forbid someone have a differing opinion from the negative ones. Shame on THEM!

There is no need to rip on the OP. At least he didn't whine and moan. His reasons were well-thought out and well-written. There was no attitude. I for one am sorry to see him go because if there's one thing MMOs need its more maturity and thoughtfulness and a lot less "you mad bro?" d-baggery.

The best thing his post can do for 99% of the people on this forum is show how to post without looking like a complete knob.

I'm quoting this as I feel strongly about this statement as well.

My opinion is somewhat shared with OP, but I haven't quit yet. Running a guild actually. I do enjoy the single-player experience so far, taking my time. I'm playing it in a much different way than I did WoW. However, I feel/worry that once I hit 50 that might just be it for me. If I'm forced into playing a dragged and beaten version of WoW at 50... I'm lost as to what this games goal was.

I'm hoping they surprise me, can't be any worse than Pandas. But the whole raid formula that WoW has been running for 6 years or so is getting pretty dull and if that's all this games going to do for the next few years I'll probably leave it to the crowd who's still into/new to this sort of model.

No Daily Quests aren't fun, I don't think they really ever were for a lot of people.

Raids are fun the first time, when jumping difficulties it can be a love/hate experience depending on many factors.

Same with Dungeons.

New Quests/Companions sound lightly appealing, but I'm struggling to find something truly intriguing for this game to engage players. However of course it will have its fan base so it won't completely fail or anything, but that's what I mean when I say "I hope they surprise me" because I can't think of anything new/interesting in a WoW-clone("Theme-park").

We'll see though, hopefully they at least get add-on support out here soon and hopefully a lot of bug fixes. I'd prefer that over more content personally.

Or they don't share the same opinions as the people complaining and are simply enjoying the game as it's meant to be played? Heaven forbid someone have a differing opinion from the negative ones. Shame on THEM!

Oh and please inform us on how SWTOR is meant to be played. Maybe after 44 levels i have been doing it all wrong. Many of the fanboy opinions hold very little substance and that isn't hard to see. Just because they are opinions doesn't mean they need to be taken into actual consideration.

It is clear the OP wasn't a troll trying to discredit the game and really wanted to enjoy it but like many of us what he stated holds true to why we dropped subs.

Many people here have mentally talked themselves into supporting this game even if many concerns about it is 100% warranted..

Considering the majority of individuals in this game are satisfied, then, that 'many' becomes few.

I spent $150 on the CE of the game. Do I find it worth that? Absolutely. I've already spent well over 30 hrs playtime, and loved every minute of it so far. Is it tedious? Meh, they all are after some point, but I'm HAPPY to be a part of the game.

Most of the people QQ'ing about the game fall into one of two categories:

#1: This is their first MMO, and they are having major issues with the hardware side of things. Bioware is working on it, but it's most likely never going to get resolved to their satisfaction.

#2: This is NOT their first MMO, they've been around since day 1 of WoW, they consider themselves 'hardcore gamers', and they want everything to be catered to them. This is worse than #1, because at least #1 you can try to help. This group? There is no help for, they're the ones killing off the game for everyone. They're responsible for WoW in the pathetic condition it is today, and they want everything to be like this.

Personally, 30+ hours in, I'm only at 25. That's just about where I want to be, just over an hour a level (and I know it goes up over time). Questing is better than anything I've done so far, zero bugs that are gamebreakers.

It really is all about perspective.Some of us just want to be able to play the game, and LOVE what they've done with it. Others, well, they want to do nothing but moan and groan and complain about the way THEY think things should be.

It seems a bit sad because level 25 is when you can get your speeder and the game really picked up.

I am level 35 now and I enjoy it quite a bit. I guess being a fanboi has the distinct disadvantage that after hyping yourself for a few years, it can only be disappointing compared to, well, unrealistic expectations perhaps.

Still, we are all free to choose and if it isn't fun for you, I can't blame you for quitting.

First I was a very big supporter of this game since 2009. I was active on these forums up to launch daily. I really wanted this game to be amazing. I pre-ordered CE and DE's on day 1 of pre orders in july. So while you may not agree with my opinion it should concern you that a hard core fanboy has this opinion of the game. Here we go.

Since Launch I have already canceled my account. I played to 25, tried all the pve quests up to that level and took my time listening to all the story. I tired space combat and pvp. Again, I really wanted to love this game. I am a huge star wars fan and was a BIG fanboy of the game to be good. I did not expect amazing, I just wanted a pretty decent mmo with fun combat mechanics and action.

My biggest issues were the world is very static and dead. I feel like I am walking, and walking, and walking and walking and walking through a cut and paste game where nothing lives, paths, moves or changes. Its all just stuck in place. You move from area to area of this cut and paste environment with fairly boring combat mechanics that get old fast. You run into some good story but then way to many cut and long cut scenes for minor quests. I love this aspect for the main story parts but to do it for everything was massive overkill.

The pvp is honestly some of the most bland and boring pvp I have ever played. From all accounts you put bad combat mechanics into a massive open area and it will be just as bland as the limited 5 objective areas illum will have.

For me the game just wasn't worth putting the effort into as it wasn't that fun. it was decent but the average fan rating of 6.1/10 you are seeing on some metric sites is accurate for me. Its just a slightly above bad game which people who love single player story will play through then quit. Most mmo players like myself who played EQ and WoW and other games for years probably wont make this home for long.

While you may disagree with what I have to stay, Please understand I was a big fan and supporter for years of this game. I took 2 weeks off work just for its launch.

Now I have canceled my account. Ill be reading good books on my time of, playing skyirm, and hope gw2 is much better. It breaks my heart to not love or even like this game. I wish those of you who do the best. I post not to hate, I just wanted this game to be good enough to play from month to month for a limited amount of hours a week, I never expected much more then a wow clone but when swtor delivered so much less it was a large disappointment. The pure power of bioware and the star wars universe will have this game around for years to come, I am glad for that for those who love it. I just felt after 2 years of forum dedication and such a desire to just like the game I should post.

Nicely written. It's good to give feedback so that hopefully the developer will listen to paying customers and take action. I've been watching this game for years and glad i'm part of it. I'll be sticking with it as i'm sure it will improve in time. Liking it so far apart from a lot of annoying things.

Considering the majority of individuals in this game are satisfied, then, that 'many' becomes few.

If it makes you feel better

I spent $150 on the CE of the game. Do I find it worth that? Absolutely. I've already spent well over 30 hrs playtime, and loved every minute of it so far. Is it tedious? Meh, they all are after some point, but I'm HAPPY to be a part of the game.

Having played many MMOs that were not Tedious i don't see what you mean and saying your happy to be a part of something doesn't really factor into anything.

Most of the people QQ'ing about the game fall into one of two categories:

#1: This is their first MMO, and they are having major issues with the hardware side of things. Bioware is working on it, but it's most likely never going to get resolved to their satisfaction.

Hardware side of things ? You mean having to code in proper graphics or use control panels to AA because the developers did not optimize graphical features of the game and actually just left them out and launched ? That is a legitimate issue that is their fault. That is like selling someone a brand new car without paint and saying we will get to that later. There are developers that will work to death to get their game to near perfection. Kojima Productions is a great example of how gaming products should be made.

#2: This is NOT their first MMO, they've been around since day 1 of WoW, they consider themselves 'hardcore gamers', and they want everything to be catered to them. This is worse than #1, because at least #1 you can try to help. This group? There is no help for, they're the ones killing off the game for everyone. They're responsible for WoW in the pathetic condition it is today, and they want everything to be like this.

Hardcore gamers are the last group of people interested in having anything catered to them. They are not in it for those reasons at all. The features implemented into wow was to bring in the casual crowd. Even the developers have said this multiple times. It had negative implications which became apparent after the launch of LK.

Personally, 30+ hours in, I'm only at 25. That's just about where I want to be, just over an hour a level (and I know it goes up over time). Questing is better than anything I've done so far, zero bugs that are gamebreakers.

Then keep at it.

It really is all about perspective.Some of us just want to be able to play the game, and LOVE what they've done with it. Others, well, they want to do nothing but moan and groan and complain about the way THEY think things should be.

Well isn't that interesting we wanted the same thing. Except you either have no expectations or are still in denial. Like i said keep at it. If the game is up to your standards then good for you.

Edited by Jigss

OP, look you're entitled to expect whatever you want from any game... but i think the game you want just simply doesnt exist or ever will.

Dont think the next MMO is gonna be the one for you. I think you should give up on MMO's if that is your atitude. Guild Wars 2 isnt what you think its gonna be. Its gonna be a game without end-game or whose end-game will serve little purpose.

I know arena-net as i have been with them for years with the first Guild Wars and they a) arent a developer that listens to the community ( they dont even have official forums) b) have their own visions of what their game is gonna be and its gonna be exactly that.

This is both good and bad, but for those hoping GW2 is gonna be the next advent of WoW are in for a very nasty surprise. Also, the guild wars community is quite protective and tight. Any haters going on will be banned on the spot. I am looking forward to it, if not only to see all the whinners have their voices taken from them. That is gonna be sweet.

Guild Wars 2 , just as SWTOR is gonna be a great game. But, does it correspond to you expectations? Will anything? I think you really need to put you feet on the earth and take a second look at what you want and what is realistic expectation and either find something that will satisfy you for what it is or just move on from the genre.

Edited by Nemmar

Count me as another early supporter of the game that is just flat out disappointed. Sadly, TOR doesn't even feel like an MMORPG. Can't have a community when no one talks to each other or sees other players in the game world in the first place. I've talked to maybe 3 people since the start of early access. No one is recruiting for guilds, nothing. Dead community/game is dead.

Why come to the forum to announce your canceling. I'm sure they provide a place for you to tell them why when you cancel.

I don't know why I come to the forums anymore. Mostly just a whining here while the rest of the players are happily playing away and enjoying the game.

I don't care to hear about it. Just leave and give your feedback to Bioware.