So. New Trailer. All but confirmed, Vitiate IS Valkorian

Suromir

Officially?

If so damn that really is pretty lame. Well this is the company that brought the ME 3 endings.

Edit: Just listened to the leak.

*Sigh*

When greedy EA cuts you 6 months of development and forces you to rush it for a xmass release in order to let them earn more money, those endings are what you get. The original plans for ME3 were much much different.

officially? by whom exactly? because all I'm seeing is leaks. that said. it does make sense in a way, after all... emperor was always using other people's bodies to do his business around our galaxy. "emperor's voice" is main reason why I never really bought Jedi knight story. certain parts of it anyways

The leak it's pretty much self explanatory. You can clearly hear both Marr and the female SI refers directly to Valkorion as they say

"-A new name, a new face. These are not enough to hide from us. -The Sith Emperor. Your presence here is unmistakable."

It will never receive official confirmation, but as those dialog lines come straight from the game files itself, it automatically makes them either legit or official, choose the term you prefer.

Just something obvious that was pointed out regarding that dialogue. It's not the only version, different choices and different outcomes are there aswell, of course.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ur right we need to be positive, meanwhile we had a year with 0 content, and october will bring us.... 0 content as well, but hey i can farm again soa at 65, well i will sub for this, im certain my guild will too :rak_01:

The game has had new content in April, and will get more in October. If that's not the content you are looking for, you are playing the wrong game. It's like a vegan going to a Southern BBQ and crying about all the meat.

The game has had new content in April, and will get more in October. If that's not the content you are looking for, you are playing the wrong game. It's like a vegan going to a Southern BBQ and crying about all the meat.

But...but...clearly the BBQ restaurant should cater to vegetarians, even though the BBQ restaurant is next door to such a place.

Vitate purposely erased most of the history surrounding him and he takes vessels all the time. Whose to say that pureblood was ever his true form.

There is the problem that his mother was not force sensitive and sith purebloods are rarely not that. So while his father might have been a pureblood his mother might not and he inherited her.

Vitiate in his original body with eyes as dark as the void of empty space (mentioned in the book of Revan, full of power of the first ritual which binds him to life) is the end of the game i guess. After this expansion another maybe he is the last one and he is behind this new war (twisting or possessing Valkorion) more food for him... Yumm Yumm:jawa_cool:

But on other way of view do not forget on the Journal of Master Gnost-Dural Record 010 "The Exar Kun War" he put on view the fact that of the ancient spirits of the sith lords support Exar like the new Dark Lord of the Sith suggested they did not and perhaps do not support the Vitiate. Perhaps they knew before (as all know now) his power as a dark side prodigy and become the embodiment of the void ,was a threat for the galaxy, siths existence and all. Even for them as spirits, seeking to achieve to become "the whole" a being like God. Or maybe... :rak_02::eek: Since his Sith pure blood childhood days as dark prodigy Tenebrae [["Who never cried" "No animal would come near him" and when start to talk "His voice carried a weight and power that should not come from a child"]] body was not other thing like a puppet of Valkorion and his power from another level. Then he was never a Sith and finally after some time the spirits knew it, and for that they are against him the way they can.

Of these two options I leaned the first more plausible and fot the like on the character of Vitiate, but just the other or the similars can be accommodated... i mean hardly accommodated in all the story develops at the moment.:rolleyes:

At first glance this feels like so much recycled junk its hard to take it seriously. Its like the writers can't think up anything new so we get rehashed Revan, who brings back rehashed emperor who is incorporeal and eats worlds, who then decides to take a body and be a rehashed mark 1 emperor the type that invaded the galaxy in the events leading up to TOR. Only organically we pick up 10 years after he invaded, this time its 5 years after an empire invades and the different factions are removed and we are all called the outlander.

Then it will be interesting or tragic explaining how despite having a fallen empire at his command which if he had used in conjunction with the Sith Empire he could have conquered the galaxy even easier than he did with just the fallen empire he decided to have one of his empires fight the other empire once he had already thrown the weaker of the two empires he controlled against the republic. Why did he bother with the sith empire when he had the fallen empire that could go to war with admittedly weakened Sith Empire and Republic at the same time and still win.

Its almost like he didn't know he had spent the last 20 years raising two sons in a secret part of the galaxy while also raising another empire and no one noticed his absence when a jedi knight and trusty droid killed him. Anyone would think the main story is as clueless about these events (and emperors secret empire) as is the players and any tie in will be done in a ham fisted way that makes no sense. But the writers for reasons totally unknown to everyone, felt the need for Revan to bring the emperor back and then realize they didn't want him brought back and shoe horned into a new body that makes no sense but they couldn't think of anyone to defeat a massive force cloud that eats planets.

Doesn't look like there is much subtlety of depth to the story and this will end up being much like the Star Wars Christmas Special which everyone agrees is sought of ignored.

Listen to the voice. I figured they'd probably do that. And while it's not 100% certain, using the same VA as Vitiate (or at the least someone that sounds JUST like him) all but confirms it.

Good? Bad? Meh?

I'm not surprised, if it turns out to be accurate (but again I don't see how it can't be) but still a little disappointed they're doing the obvious, again.

Still excited for KotFE, but...eh.

EDIT; I am liking the new Lana. But also find the "tease" of joining Valkorian at the end pretty crappy, as we all know there's NOT going to be a 3rd faction and we WON'T be able to actually join him. Having it in there is one thing, having it be prominent in the "trailer" is misleading and dishonest. Some will buy into it being possible and then will come here complaining that you actually can't. But if it drums up sales, oh well, right?

The thing is that Vitiate's voice is mingled with the "billions"? of voices of the people he absorbed at Nathema (though in the game it doesn't quite sound like it, but still kind of there); and Valkorian doesn't sound like Vitiate to me.

off-topic:

I think their are to many threads arguing whether this is Vitiate or not.

Edited by Cordarn

I really think this Emperor behave a lot different than Vitiate. Vitiate just wanted to consume the galaxy for himself. But this emperor seem want to conquer and let the powerful beings work for him. Which one was an act?

And this is what is intriguing to me about the expansion. We get up to 16 chapters in which we get to explore what his motivations are, and we really get to *hopefully* flush out more of that story. What is he up to? What does he really want? How do we stop him? etc.

Vitiate was always a pretty mysterious character and if he is, in fact, Valkorian, then we get to spend an entire expansion learning about just who or what he is and what, if anything, we can do about it.

T

Shadow of Revan felt like it was meant for the Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, and Agent on Rishi, and the Force users with the Trooper and Agent on Yavin IV, which was good, I felt this brought a sense of "all in" for sure, it was perfect. Knights of the Fallen Empire needs to have these feelings of epicness evoked with all the classes-- as in, make them fit in.

For me this was kind of a disaster because the Jedi and Sith characters had to go through the lighthearted, slightly comedic Rishi adventures which didn't fit their characters at all before getting into Yavin 4. Also how nonsensical is the story on Rishi that everyone keeps calling you a pirate when you're waving a lightsaber around and using the force, if you're a sith you probably have a black cloak and armor and you look nothing like a pirate.

Also I take big issue with the false advertisement for SoR since the great majority of the trailer focus on Revan's return, the battle against him and a lot of Yavin 4 footage, when Yavin was in fact the shortest part of the expansion and the great majority was dedicated to the silly pirate subplot.

Edited by ChazDoit

I do not believe Valkorion is Vitiate directly. But I do believing he is influenced by Vitiate and gradually might be becoming him. The father of Thexan and Arcann and Vaylin is basically influenced leading to inner conflict most likely when they find out. Seems to be some vessel he fell back on. Kind of doubt it's his true vessel though, like some seem to think.

Vitiate wants to explore life as other beings. This eternal emperor is another role for him he has assumed through gradual influence.

Edited by Krimlord

• 4 weeks later...
It's possible that Valkorian is another incarnation of the same entity, same being but split personalities in different bodies. The entity subdivided with Vitiate becoming a psychotic satanic figure with Valkorian being a false benevolent God type? Of course Valkorian seems to be more of the usual flavor of Bond villain evil.

• 2 weeks later...
SPOILERS FROM TWITCH:

Vitate was Valkorion all along, and he instant kills Marr at the beginning of the expansion. :(

Chapter 1 finish on Arcann "Killing" Valkorian body ( with help or not from the Outlander depends the choice) then who knows what finally Vitiate is... and wants. That is fun i guess is finally turning more interesting after knowing that :cool:

When greedy EA cuts you 6 months of development and forces you to rush it for a xmass release in order to let them earn more money, those endings are what you get. The original plans for ME3 were much much different.

Okay, while your point might be sound if the situation you describe had actually in any way happened, the fact that you are completely incorrect as to the date Mass Effect 3 was released kind of hurts you. They didn't 'rush' it because of some greedy desire for an Xmas release, they did it because they wanted the cool alliteration of releasing the 3rd game on 3/3/13 (which you know, is actually the date the game was released, not Xmas). Look, 3 3's on the release date for the 3rd game.