So. New Trailer. All but confirmed, Vitiate IS Valkorian

Suromir

Listen to the voice. I figured they'd probably do that. And while it's not 100% certain, using the same VA as Vitiate (or at the least someone that sounds JUST like him) all but confirms it.

Good? Bad? Meh?

I'm not surprised, if it turns out to be accurate (but again I don't see how it can't be) but still a little disappointed they're doing the obvious, again.

Still excited for KotFE, but...eh.

EDIT; I am liking the new Lana. But also find the "tease" of joining Valkorian at the end pretty crappy, as we all know there's NOT going to be a 3rd faction and we WON'T be able to actually join him. Having it in there is one thing, having it be prominent in the "trailer" is misleading and dishonest. Some will buy into it being possible and then will come here complaining that you actually can't. But if it drums up sales, oh well, right?

Edited by Suromir

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's not the same person, but to make us believe it's so? We really don't have the resources to tell, but everything does add up to say they're the same person. It wouldn't be Bioware if they didn't show everything as obvious, to make it not so much :p

Would you prefer that there be two Immortal Emperors that developed separately from one another with no tie to one another at all?

I personally prefer a connection between the two, as a lack of one would indicate some kind of creative bankruptcy. However, I do believe other options could have been considered--I was pretty fond of the idea that they could have been estranged siblings that were plotting against one another, making both common allies and enemies to the player. However, some explanation would be needed as to why their true bodies weren't Pureblood Sith, as seems to be the case with Valkorian, but the same explanation will be required if Valkorian is Vitiate's true body.

Regardless, it seems a little obvious, but they kind of wrote themselves into by calling Valkorian the Immortal Emperor. Vitiate or not, it seems a little obvious and strange.

I'd suggest not getting booty-bothered over anything until you know for sure, but that seems to be the song-and-dance of this forum.

who said anything of the sort (oh right no one) or even alluded to being "booty-bothered" (oh right, no one)

but hey at least you got your passive aggressive troll stab in!

lol...gotta love it.

Edited by Suromir

Would you prefer that there be two Immortal Emperors that developed separately from one another with no tie to one another at all?

I personally prefer a connection between the two, as a lack of one would indicate some kind of creative bankruptcy. However, I do believe other options could have been considered--I was pretty fond of the idea that they could have been estranged siblings that were plotting against one another, making both common allies and enemies to the player. However, some explanation would be needed as to why their true bodies weren't Pureblood Sith, as seems to be the case with Valkorian, but the same explanation will be required if Valkorian is Vitiate's true body.

Regardless, it seems a little obvious, but they kind of wrote themselves into by calling Valkorian the Immortal Emperor. Vitiate or not, it seems a little obvious and strange.

never said I "preferred" anything over anything. Just that I was disappointed (a little) by them goin the obvious route, again. Like they did with Revan. You're right it would be dumb to have two "immortal" emperors, course "Immortal Emperor" could have just been a TITLE instead of him actually being "immortal"

I expected this from the beginning, but can't say I didn't hope BioWare would do something not-so-obvious for once.

who said anything of the sort (oh right no one) or even alluded to being "booty-bothered" (oh right, no one)

but hey at least you got your passive aggressive troll stab in!

lol...gotta love it.

Okay.

I'm not surprised, if it turns out to be accurate (but again I don't see how it can't be) but still a little disappointed they're doing the obvious, again.
Edited by Rodyn

I actually hoped it would be Vitiate, it gives us the opportunity to do a proper 16 chapter arc on this most nefarious of villians. I'm not sure how people complain about the idea of not finishing the story arc of the Emperor based on little to no information about the new expansion and then turn around and complain about finishing the story arc of the Emperor when they could have something new when more information is revealed. Makes no sense to me.

If you look at it from the perspective of continuing the current story line it makes complete sense. We've been fighting the Emperor's vassals and shadows, now we can do a proper job of it in a very detailed story arc. Hooray. If it's new characters you want there are new characters to be had, and new worlds to explore. And really isn't it better to finish with the immortal Emperor you have and not add another one into the mix?

i watched the video again and the voice actor isnt the same as vitiate. with vitiate its more flat british accent then valkorian who is carefully trying to hide the american accent.

Doug Bradley does Vitiate and Darin de Paul does Valkorion.

Listen to the voice. I figured they'd probably do that. And while it's not 100% certain, using the same VA as Vitiate (or at the least someone that sounds JUST like him) all but confirms it.

Could be twin brothers, same as Arcann and Thexan.

*dons tin foil hat*

Okay.

saying " a little disappointed" isn't even close to being "booty-hurt" or whatever childish internet insult you're clinging too.

The response and accusation makes no sense in context. As I said, it's just a sad passive-aggressive attempt at typical forum trolling.

1/10 (single point for the stretching you did linking slight disappointment to "booty-hurt")

What if Valkorain is using Vitiate in same manner like Vitiate was using Revan ? He hav him stored somewhere and is using him like battery , but in a meantime he is getting influenced by him - This is just crazy wish to somehow connect them without Vitiate =Valkorian .

If Vitiate is Valkorion they have yet to fill quite a gap: How does an incorporeal being who doesn't care about anything but devouring all life in the galaxy go back to having an aging body and concerning himself with trivialities such as ruling?

I don't think we should presume to know the extent of the power "The Emperor" posses. Millennia ago he was a mere mortal, an emperor who ruled a world but once he completed the dark side ritual sacrificing all life in that planet to gain power; he was no longer just a person, he became a dark side entity that will live as long as dark side lives, he will have as many faces as the universe can produce. It is not impossible for him to control another person in another galaxy, such is this entity's power. Edited by BrintoSFJ

I hate people like you on the forums, so negative and miserable.

ur right we need to be positive, meanwhile we had a year with 0 content, and october will bring us.... 0 content as well, but hey i can farm again soa at 65, well i will sub for this, im certain my guild will too :rak_01:

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

If Vitiate is Valkorion they have yet to fill quite a gap: How does an incorporeal being who doesn't care about anything but devouring all life in the galaxy go back to having an aging body and concerning himself with trivialities such as ruling?

You answered yourself. He wants power, he become the ruler of a "new" empire that devastated both Republic and Empire, he's even stronger now because of that.

Good? Bad? Meh?

Still excited for KotFE, but...eh.

EDIT; I am liking the new Lana. But also find the "tease" of joining Valkorian at the end pretty crappy, as we all know there's NOT going to be a 3rd faction and we WON'T be able to actually join him. Having it in there is one thing, having it be prominent in the "trailer" is misleading and dishonest. Some will buy into it being possible and then will come here complaining that you actually can't. But if it drums up sales, oh well, right?

Actually both trailers pretty much confirms that Valkorian isn't Vitiate.

Different voice actors for one but the tone is completely wrong. Vitiate doesn't ask you to join. Vitiate tells you that you work from him. Rather like Palpatine with Luke in RotJ. Valkorian is too humble.

But who knows it could be I guess. The sacrifice line from the first trailer takes on a whole new meaning if it is Vitiate. :p

Edited by divinecynic