Please do something about stealthers in Hypergate.

Gelious

Fine get all huffy and defend your ignorance. Hopefully lots read that and agree with you. Makes it easier for me to sap cap people.

Awesome... The more people that believe that person will make our life easier when sapping and capping... ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called timing... And unless your call for incs is answered quickly, which most of the time there not... I can take my time to make you pop all your defences before help arrives... Then I sap and cap at my leisure

You're not doing that against a sorc, they won't pop all defensives and you'll be waiting all round just annoying them. You try to sap we got two breakers, you will just fill up our resolve for no reason

It's called timing... And unless your call for incs is answered quickly, which most of the time there not... I can take my time to make you pop all your defences before help arrives... Then I sap and cap at my leisure

It's called I play against incompetent guard nodes and teams. Hints in your syllogism "answer quickly", "take my time", "(engage in combat and) make you pop all dcds" (irrelevant as you want to make them blow their cc breakers and sorcs have two of those so you are filling their resolve + 1 more way to interrupt you when sitting on node while being CCed if you are not capping properly).

You're not doing that against a sorc, they won't pop all defensives and you'll be waiting all round just annoying them. You try to sap we got two breakers, you will just fill up our resolve for no reason

You'd be shocked (ok maybe not) as to how little you can fill a resolve bar with lolslash and make them pop CDs.... You can also plan out making them pop them and being patient with the resolve bar.

There is something you can do, it's called 2-3 guarding (depending on how many sins you are facing). PUGS just want to run in the middle and either a)farm or b)be farmed.

Not even. I usually guard the objectives and whenever a stealth user pops out, I immediately call for help and keep the stealth user occupied; if he/she is busy fighting me, they won't have time to secure the objective which also gives my teammates time to get to my location (assuming they actually care enough lol).

And yes, you can hold off two of them alone; I've done it before.

You'd be shocked (ok maybe not) as to how little you can fill a resolve bar with lolslash and make them pop CDs.... You can also plan out making them pop them and being patient with the resolve bar.

Slash means ur out of stealth, thus neutralizing the main advantage sins have (stealth)

Slash means ur out of stealth, thus neutralizing the main advantage sins have (stealth)

Unless you are sure you are going to win (and fast) 1v1, never try and stealth cap without FC. If I get them to blow stun break with slash, FC, Mez. Or Insta Force Lift.

Again, it's all about patience with classes with multiple stun breaks.

Edited by Psychopyro

Or be a sorcerer, stand on top of the pylon, giggle when they mezz you and use stunbreak, giggle even more on second mezz and use godbubble.

And for the Emperor's sake, don't run away from your pylon at 10s (My favorite :))

Pffft, bubble stun them as a Sorc. Just click off the bubble.

I never liked hypergate... in civil war I have time to react and recapture things... Where in hypergate a sneak cap with 3 seconds left seals the deal. Its a very cheesy map and always leaned heavily toward stealther duos.

Unless you are sure you are going to win (and fast) 1v1, never try and stealth cap without FC. If I get them to blow stun break with slash, FC, Mez. Or Insta Force Lift.

Again, it's all about patience with classes with multiple stun breaks.

Understood, but then ur wasting your time sitting at the pylon waiting and hoping. If you don't steal the pylon then you were probably better used elsewhere

That mez needs a cooldown. I have successfully kept multiple people from capping countless nodes by just spamming the stealth mez (and been on the receiving end of it). That **** is just stupid.

I have actually thought this as well. I would be ok with a CD on the stealth mez.

I have actually thought this as well. I would be ok with a CD on the stealth mez.

Agreed. That especially needs to happen.

Every other (non-droid only) mez has a CD, what makes stealth mezzes any different?

Edited by HandOfKane

Understood, but then ur wasting your time sitting at the pylon waiting and hoping. If you don't steal the pylon then you were probably better used elsewhere

No doubt. So many spend so much time there. Don't be patient, be clever. If you know you're not going to get to take it for a while, help elsewhere then try it at the right time.

I also hate it when people in pvp use their moves to defeat me.

the fact that the channel cap time is 2s less than TWO of the op and sin mezzes is something of a problem. it means that only a select few ACs or specs can guard the pylon. this is also a detriment to stealthies, imo, because the best counter to sap 'n' cap strat is a stealth guard (pref with PS). and stealth already have a chip on their shoulder b/c they're the best off node/door guards.

as for the op's issue with stealth delaying caps...I mean...they can only delay for max 16s (even if you don't break one). so...iunno that that complaint is all about.

No doubt. So many spend so much time there. Don't be patient, be clever. If you know you're not going to get to take it for a while, help elsewhere then try it at the right time.

Definitely... But before you do, make them think you're still there so they call inc and draw some of their team mates to their node

Just gonna say there is a difference between patient and stupid. I know as soon as I get there whether I can take it or not. The difference becomes, can I peel people to come defend or not. Patience does not mean waiting around forever hoping to take it.

Statistically, me as a shadow, if I can pull 3 to 4 people away from the main fight and keep them busy, I am more valuable doing that, as it should be pulling enough away for people to run orbs, take pylon, etc.