The Season 5 Nexu

EricMusco

Man, now I wish that I wasn't at work so that I could see if I got one and ride it for 5 minutes before they do a server rollback. :eek: Those things look awesome from the pics that I just saw.

It will be interesting to see how this is handled. I would think a server rollback is the only option.

Edited by teclado

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, now I wish that I wasn't at work so that I could see if I got one and ride it for 5 minutes before they do a server rollback. :eek: Those things look awesome from the pics that I just saw.

It will be interesting to see how this is handled. I would think a server rollback is the only option.

Naw..way too drastic. Think of all the people that got datacrons, or weekly's done...can't take away people's time for a mistake on their end.

Simplest way is for a person that reached T1 and didn't get a mount to put in a ticket and receive it; if they don't have a way of doing it automatically.

Eric this is a complete mess. I had 7 toons with Tier 1 last season and I got the Nexu mount on none of them. My SEVEN different characters had Tier 1 on my account last season, and I got ZERO mounts. I don't get it? It can't be luck, or did I really roll 0 out of 7? On top of that there's reports that people are getting the mount who have never even stepped into a ranked arena before. This is an exclusive PVP mount that took a lot of effort to get. I don't understand why people who have never played or have a 1000 rating received this mount. What is going on? Edited by revcrisis

Have they ever actually rolled the server back? I've only played since 2.4 but I can't remember them actually ever rolling it back.

Have they ever actually rolled the server back? I've only played since 2.4 but I can't remember them actually ever rolling it back.

They have rolled individual servers back before. But only as a last ditch measure against some catasrophic bug.

I doubt they will do it here.

They have rolled individual servers back before. But only as a last ditch measure against some catasrophic bug.

I doubt they will do it here.

If no rollback then they'll have to individually remove the mount from those who got it? Or just mass remove it from the game then redo this procedure again and hope they don't mess up again.

But if they don't do a rollback, then the people who got mounts but didn't hit 1600...suddenly, it's no longer an exclusive reward. If I got one, I promise to not ride it in public...will only pet and carress it in my stronghold, promise. :p Edited by teclado

So much for Tier 1 exclusivity. There are people on fleet riding it that definitely do not played ranked or have an extremely low rating. You can check on the historic leaderboards what their rating was in Season 5. What a disappointment.

It can be super easy to mix up a greater than / less than, without testing. I'm sure there is a lot more going on than something that simple, but proper testing is key.

EDIT:

Let's put on the tinfoil conspiracy hat here for a sec, just for fun. :p We know in previous seasons, there has been backlash over the exclusivity of the mounts (e.g. rancor). Perhaps somebody in the scripting department, who doesn't care for pvp, decided to unleash a little chaos.

Edited by teclado

But if they don't do a rollback, then the people who got mounts but didn't hit 1600...suddenly, it's no longer an exclusive reward. If I got one, I promise to not ride it in public...will only pet and carress it in my stronghold, promise. :p

If I got one (hope I did) promise I'll ride it in public.. :p

Imo what needs to be done is reskin the current one thats out, make it look like this and name it something different. THEN resend out the original skinned mount to the deserving players. Only saying this because I dont think bioware can actually remove the mounts from players. Edited by Clogski

Hello PvPers!

TLDR - Nexu shall begin raining from mailboxes, if you were supposed to get one in 3.3, you will have it in the next 24 hours.

-eric

Wow.... if only they knew how right they were gonna be...

Imo what needs to be done is reskin the current one thats out, make it look like this and name it something different. THEN resend out the original skinned mount to the deserving players. Only saying this because I dont think bioware can actually remove the mounts from players.

I'm fairly certain they can in fact remove items. They can restore items to you with all the random mods and augments that where in them when they where destroyed. Removing stuff seems like child's play.

Although they could decided not to, possibly for fear of backlash from players who got one without realizing what it was or that their receiving it was a bug.

Hey folks,

The script has been completed, you should now be able to get the Nexu from your mailbox. If you have issues retrieving it, try relogging and that should resolve the issue.

-eric

Edit: Fixed my bad spelling

You fixed your spelling and still haven't responded to the blatant issue? None of my characters with 1600+ rating received the mount. Meanwhile, random players that have had nothing to do with PVP are receiving it.

This is getting tiresome. Fix this issue now, and don't leave it till Monday simply because it's nearing the weekend. How hard is it to do such a simple task?

I'm fairly certain they can in fact remove items. They can restore items to you with all the random mods and augments that where in them when they where destroyed. Removing stuff seems like child's play.

Although they could decided not to, possibly for fear of backlash from players who got one without realizing what it was or that their receiving it was a bug.

I'd rather have them remove the nexus from every player and resend them out correctly.

You fixed your spelling and still haven't responded to the blatant issue? None of my characters with 1600+ rating received the mount. Meanwhile, random players that have had nothing to do with PVP are receiving it.

This is getting tiresome. Fix this issue now, and don't leave it till Monday simply because it's nearing the weekend. How hard is it to do such a simple task?

Wow, what a slap in the face.

Hey folks,

We are looking into whom was correctly and/or incorrectly granted the Nexu and how we will proceed. I will pass on information as I have it.

-eric

Server roll-back please.

Thank you.

Edited by J_McSkill

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.