Hmm..Well I've been wrong before...

DethlaHadyn

So, I played a single ranked match tonight to test the new double credits.

I had top dps and top protection overall for both sides, with two kills ...but it was a loss.

Here's the scary part:

No commendations, And I received 780 credits.

Read again...

780 credits!!!???

I mean yes my team lost, but it wasn't my fault that my team's marauder forgot how swing a lightsaber, while the other team's marauder had a blast.

I know, I know, losing doesn't pay, but I think the structure here is a little screwed up. I can't see this format taking off very well at all, lmfao....

3.3 will save the game? haha, my ***.

Edit:

I forgot to take screenshot of match, but here's the credits earned.

:rak_02:

Edited by DethlaHadyn

So, I played a single ranked match tonight to test the new double credits.

I had top dps and top protection overall for both sides, with two kills ...but it was a loss.

Here's the scary part:

No commendations, And I received 780 credits.

Read again...

780 credits!!!???

I mean yes my team lost, but it wasn't my fault that my team's marauder forgot how swing a lightsaber, while the other team's marauder had a blast.

I know, I know, losing doesn't pay, but I think the structure here is a little screwed up. I can't see this format taking off very well at all, lmfao....

3.3 will save the game? haha, my ***.

I haven't had the opportunity to get on yet and try out 3.3... But what you said will be very sad if it's not changed... No Comms and low credits, with only the possibility of getting rewards at the end of the season isn't much of an incentive...

Have they change the ranking system, I didn't see anything in the notes... Ie do you still lose ranking points off your personal score if you lose?... I assume it's still the same... So why would people spend time even bothering to play ranked if the match making isn't fixed and you basically get no compensation for playing ranked pug...

I haven't had the opportunity to get on yet and try out 3.3... But what you said will be very sad if it's not changed... No Comms and low credits, with only the possibility of getting rewards at the end of the season isn't much of an incentive...

Have they change the ranking system, I didn't see anything in the notes... Ie do you still lose ranking points off your personal score if you lose?... I assume it's still the same... So why would people spend time even bothering to play ranked if the match making isn't fixed and you basically get no compensation for playing ranked pug...

You only get season tokens, no warzone commendations and I believe the credit thing is bugged. That said......between the mercs on my team getting one shotted, the other team somehow always being stacked with several sorcs and my team being all melee and just overall crap luck I went 4-10 today while pretty much always out performing my team and my rating is tanked already......Solo ranked was always a crap shoot, but it didn't take long for me to go "nope, I'm done." I'm always down for group ranked but to hell with solo, especially now that it doesn't even give commendations.....what the hell?

Better yet....can we have 8v8 ranked back? Hell I'll even take a solo queue of that. At least 8v8 even if its all dps all classes can function and you have objectives to work with. *sigh* I like 4s but man gimme 8v8 back BW.

Edited by Raansu

You only get season tokens, no warzone commendations and I believe the credit thing is bugged. That said......between the mercs on my team getting one shotted, the other team somehow always being stacked with several sorcs and my team being all melee and just overall crap luck I went 4-10 today while pretty much always out performing my team and my rating is tanked already......Solo ranked was always a crap shoot, but it didn't take long for me to go "nope, I'm done." I'm always down for group ranked but to hell with solo, especially now that it doesn't even give commendations.....what the hell?

Better yet....can we have 8v8 ranked back? Hell I'll even take a solo queue of that. At least 8v8 even if its all dps all classes can function and you have objectives to work with. *sigh* I like 4s but man gimme 8v8 back BW.

Here, here... Please bring back 8 man ranked pvp... I think solo 8 man ranked would be as viable as pug 8 man... As you said any class has a function...

Well I can see Alex stating that they want to isolate the Ranked community to an extent......buuuut having restricted access to any and all reason to que...??? wait that doesn't really make sence now does it....

Look at the reasons for trolling attempts... All trolls..well 80% trolls ever queing up for ranked in the past have been by players who que ranked on alt mains. It's part of the "swap factions with a super que to try to farm the randoms on the other side" scenario, and obvious trolls are there as insurance.

Trolls are used as insurance to gather victories in the first ten to twenty games. I've had players comment and inform me before of what they have done with seasons in the past.

The other 15% were loss pushers, the last 5% were rage quitters.

*SO..... on that regard trolling attempts will be mildly stifled by the the 2018 expertise requirement, but that won't be hard to work around. These elite trolls will simply get exhumed gear to que with (which is easier now than ever).

The point of my complaint here, is that in my first Ranked match of this season, I outperformed everyone else in the entire arena, despite having my team lose, and I wasn't acknowledged by the new system...IT'S BUGGED.

I think punishing us this severly for a loss will actually become counter-productive overall for the other ranked players across the servers. I think the goal of patch 3.3 was to try to breathe more life into the ranked community was it not? This surrent system of yours will need to get fixed, or else the ranked ques will become ghost towns...

Unfortunately, I fear we'll see the exact same conditions that we've seen in the past.

Players will roll the dice on their first ten games. If they win many of them, they will continue to que.

If they lose many of their first ten games, that ranked character will rot, for the required tokens to purchase gear at the end of season are incredible huge. By the estimated token earning per win, you'll need to win at least 20,000 games to purchase tier1 items.....lmao who in the hell will que up that much?

Alex?

Alex are you out there?

I still think you guys are on the right track trying to improve pvp'ers quality of life, but you guys still have a long ways to go.

I think some elaboration is required with these current changes in Season 6. Perhaps if you simply make a new thread explaining with great detail why you think this season will be healthier than the last five, with greater justifications, we'll listen.

I mean you're going to have to convince me a little bit here with your logic...

Credits are bugged, and map rotation for unranked is bugged. It seems they forgot to change the rotation back to normal from the pts rotation of only objective based maps.

Here, here... Please bring back 8 man ranked pvp... I think solo 8 man ranked would be as viable as pug 8 man... As you said any class has a function...

Not sure if you troll here, or are sarcastic, or both! But! Here, here! I concur with this motion! Bring back 8v8 ranked! BRING IT BACK DEVS! All classes have a purpose and excel...

No more trying to balance out solo ranked in a 4v4 format! Which, is impossible it seems! Go with the already perfectly balanced 8v8 setup, thank you.

By the estimated token earning per win, you'll need to win at least 20,000 games to purchase tier1 items....

I don't think so. Have you seen this? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=824644

^^ That shows the breakdown of cost for various rewards. I haven't done any ranked yet (working on min/maxing my DR set first). Oh yeah, and that is my first ever full ranked set and I am pretty stoked about that!!!! But anyway, I think I read that you get up to 140 tokens for a win, right? So, if you want the tier 1 mount, you might need 200 or 300 wins. Provided that you are not a merc or not a troll, you should be able to hit bronze at least. So that means even less than that.

Personally, if I could get the black-silver crystals (3600 tokens) and the weapon box (20k tokens), I'd be pretty happy. Assuming an average of let's say 80 tokens per match (does that sound reasonable?), I would need to play around 300 games. Toss in dailies and weeklies and it becomes less than that. Add in the bronze token rewards, I'm looking at maybe 200 games.

I don't think so. Have you seen this? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=824644

^^ That shows the breakdown of cost for various rewards. I haven't done any ranked yet (working on min/maxing my DR set first). Oh yeah, and that is my first ever full ranked set and I am pretty stoked about that!!!! But anyway, I think I read that you get up to 140 tokens for a win, right? So, if you want the tier 1 mount, you might need 200 or 300 wins. Provided that you are not a merc or not a troll, you should be able to hit bronze at least. So that means even less than that.

Personally, if I could get the black-silver crystals (3600 tokens) and the weapon box (20k tokens), I'd be pretty happy. Assuming an average of let's say 80 tokens per match (does that sound reasonable?), I would need to play around 300 games. Toss in dailies and weeklies and it becomes less than that. Add in the bronze token rewards, I'm looking at maybe 200 games.

yeah, I was exaggerating a bit there, but thanks for update.

Hmm, If we were to look at this laterally, we'd see how ranked would become known as a place that is supposed to be brutal, and isn't a place for the casuals. If this was the intended purpose, there would be merit in having absolutely nothing for a loss, but for the players who won, they would be paid handsomely (30k+ credits?).

In effect the ranked community will become smaller as the "first ten roll the dice games" are over, for those who had bad luck will stop queing. Then again, a few of them will select a toon that they want to keep playing with to *try* and accumulate tokens with.

System is borked a bit, but it might pan out.

/thread.

better yet....can we have 8v8 ranked back? Hell i'll even take a solo queue of that. At least 8v8 even if its all dps all classes can function and you have objectives to work with. *sigh* i like 4s but man gimme 8v8 back bw.

yessss!!! Pleeaaaase!! Imagine 8v8 YOLO with matchmaking.

Edited by Technohic