New Personal starship

keyboart

Do you guys want some custom personal starship or some dye paintjob for your starship? BECAUSE I DO! I personally think my starship sucks ( trooper starship) Although I have cargo hold GTN vendor droid training dummy and stuff I still think its not enough. As a 'portable home, a starship should be equip with FURNITURE like the galatic stronghold. I wish bioware or swtor will allow SUBs (at least, if pref and f2p as well) to customize their interior and exterior of their ship like a stronghold. I wish there will be the following feature

Exterior

~Color Module

~Different weapons ( missles, laser cannon, repeating heavy blaster canon..)

Interior

~ ADD Furniture

~ Can MOVE companions

~ Can use the furniture

~ add a modification centre, a appearance centre and a few decorations

~ change the lights and the color

~ allow companion to do spacemission

I also wanted to change and buy new and custom starships

Guys-- What do you think??

P.S. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST I REALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN PLEASE GET MY ATTENTION SWTOR TEAM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I WISH THIS HAPPEN PELASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION PELASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WE ALL WANT THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by keyboart

Completely agree. I'd like to even see starships be modular with snap-on additions so you can add different types of amenities. For example, it's kind of crappy how you get 5 companions, but there's only bunk space for 4. I'm not letting any skanky companion into bed with me, so what gives? Better to be able to add individual cabins for each crew member. And how about an office? sauna? the equivalent of 10 forward on ST? Yes, the smuggler ship has a bar of a kind, but it's a brightly lit hotel kitchenette with cupboards and some bottlles tossed on a countertop. Something like out of Nem'ro's palace would be better.

And the interiors! How about a nice sleek white with no overhead lights at all, just runner lights in colors we can pick ourselves? And windows. Lots of windows.

I use to have many of the same criticisms of the starships when the game first released.

To me this was just a starter ship. Something to get you and a very small crew from point a to point b. When the game first released, I just assumed that at some point in the game development we would get bigger and better ships. Something to call home.

What we got instead was space pvp combat using ships we can't even access outside of pvp combat, guild ships, and strongholds. Truth be told because of the stronghold, I rarely even use a starship outside of going to a new planet or while leveling. I can't recall the last time I did a space mission on one of my level 60s - either PVE or PVP space missions.

But from a story point of view, whether I am the all powerful sith, the ultra rich smuggler or the honored jedi I expect my travel accommodations would eventually improve. If I am as important a character as the game wants me to believe, at some point I am going to stop travelling in a ship that should be able to be taken out from even a half heart salvo attempt by the opposing team faction and travel in a ship that can take a hit or two. Or even a ship with a hanger bay big enough to support my starship and my pvp ships onboard.

About the only two classes this current starship even makes since for are the IA and BH. In the Imp Agent's case, you a lone wolf hiding out from both sides. Large ships get you noticed. With the BH, you are the lone wolf by choice sticking to bounties that don't require you to take out small planets in the process.

But if I was the bad#@$ Sith, I would expect a Imperial Star Destroyer to shuttle me across the galaxy. My starship is just the ship I use to travel from the capital ship to the planet.

Edited by ForceWelder

Agreed 100% I also have a trooper and I cannot understand why the devs have not given the players the option of buying in the market new personal starships, we have all kind of other transporting equipment, c'mon devs we need more starships.

OP, I want to be able to ride around in a single-player version of the capital ships that you can buy as a Guild! Forget this tiny ship lark, I want my Emperor's Wrath to arrive in-system in a freakin' Dreadnought playing the Imperial March like the bad son of a Hutt he is ;)

While I'd love for the current ships to be re-designed from the ground up to make better use of their space, have interior spaces that make sense for a ship you live on (galleys, workout room, meditation room for force users), and to better match their exterior (think Normandy 2 for any ME fans out there), and options to customize the interiors, the reality is that these ships were made to be stage sets, with the holoterminal being the main focus. Too much of the class and companion stories revolve around these sets and can't really be fixed or changed, so I don't hold out much hope of any real changes to our ships.

Do you guys want some custom personal starship or some dye paintjob for your starship?

(Raving with too many exclamation points snipped)

Well it all depends... do you like being able to do your class missions? Because those cutscenes will all break if BioWare tries to touch the interior of your current ship one more. And without those cutscenes, no progress! ^_^

Yeah, NO. Leave the old starship alone. Maybe we will get a new one where every single cutscene is not hardcoded to the ship's interior. But I'm not holding my breath, and honestly, I get enough joy from decorating my stronghold. Any more and I might pass out.

P.S. MY IMPERIAL AGENT SPENT FOUR DAYS STUCK ON A SINGLE FREAKING CUTSCENE UNTIL I FOUND A SNEAKY WAY AROUND THE BUG. DON'T TOUCH THE SHIPS ANYMORE PLEASE I BEG YOU LET ME KEEP PROGRESSING THROUGH MY STORY IT ALREADY BROKE COMPANION CUSTOMIZATION DON'T MAKE IT WORSE PLEASE!!!!!!

P.S. MY IMPERIAL AGENT SPENT FOUR DAYS STUCK ON A SINGLE FREAKING CUTSCENE UNTIL I FOUND A SNEAKY WAY AROUND THE BUG. DON'T TOUCH THE SHIPS ANYMORE PLEASE I BEG YOU LET ME KEEP PROGRESSING THROUGH MY STORY IT ALREADY BROKE COMPANION CUSTOMIZATION DON'T MAKE IT WORSE PLEASE!!!!!!

Speaking of Imperial Agent, that is hands down (IMHO) the coolest character ship in the game.

I wish they hadn't pigeonholed so many cutscenes to each ship - we would have been able to customize them otherwise. However, since they made a dumb choice early on, we're stuck with it now. It's just not worth the headache it would cause to implement. I'm in my SH as often as possible these days and only use my ship when I'm absolutely forced to.

• 3 years later...
they used to have other options you could buy in the cartel market but they took them out a looooooooooooong time ago

Necro ... but you've never been able to customize your personal starship other than with legacy/character unlocks, i.e. legacy/guild cargo bays, ship repair droid, combat dummies. Even then you can't choose where to put them.

It would be nice to have a customisable personal starship, especially post KotFE/KotET when cutscenes on ships no longer matter.

• 1 month later...

This can be accomplished without breaking Class Missions.

Keep the standard ship we have now during the class missions.

After Chapter 3 is complete, give us the option to Convert Starship To Stronghold.

Yep, remove all the furniture and utilities, give us a hook version of our ships, and let us decorate as we please.

(Okay, leave the navigation system and mission terminals, as we cannot replace those, but you get the idea.)

To make this even more interesting, whenever we're in a group, everyone boards the group leader's starship.

That way, we can roleplay and travel together on the ship.

Assigned starships should be locked until after completion of your class story for obvious cut scene issues. Afterwards, options for a purchasable new one(s) should be considered. An extention of that idea is a tie with your legacy system. For example, if you completed a class story then that ship from that class would be obtainable. This way an Imperial Agent can fly around in a Trooper ship if the legacy has a completed Trooper. Another notion would be to include the ships from Starfighter. It would require an interior of course and some one would have to design it. Maybe a player generated contest? Many talented people out there. Finally, a route that BIoware could consider is cartel market ships.

Total waste of developer time/resources.

With the galaxy map available now, you don't even really use your ship except when leveling primarily. And they won't touch that part of the game for fear of breaking Class stories.

We need real content, not a new player ship you can move some things around on.

If you want to decorate, there are plenty of Strongholds in the game now. Have at it.

I was honestly surprised the Gravestone was never turned into a ship that the player could use for interplanetary travel. I mean, it already had an instanced layout and a cockpit and enough room to store all our new companions. But alas, twas never meant to be. And now it's gone, so....

Do you guys want some custom personal starship or some dye paintjob for your starship? BECAUSE I DO! I personally think my starship sucks ( trooper starship) Although I have cargo hold GTN vendor droid training dummy and stuff I still think its not enough. As a 'portable home, a starship should be equip with FURNITURE like the galatic stronghold. I wish bioware or swtor will allow SUBs (at least, if pref and f2p as well) to customize their interior and exterior of their ship like a stronghold. I wish there will be the following feature

Exterior

~Color Module

~Different weapons ( missles, laser cannon, repeating heavy blaster canon..)

Interior

~ ADD Furniture

~ Can MOVE companions

~ Can use the furniture

~ add a modification centre, a appearance centre and a few decorations

~ change the lights and the color

~ allow companion to do spacemission

I also wanted to change and buy new and custom starships

Guys-- What do you think??

P.S. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST I REALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN PLEASE GET MY ATTENTION SWTOR TEAM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I WISH THIS HAPPEN PELASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION PELASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WE ALL WANT THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great post been wanting this since launch, would be the perfect stronghold, Your Ship.

one thing this game never has had is the ability to SIT on a chair, never understood why as all those seats in the cantinas and your stronghold just seem pointless, considering NPC's can sit why cant us players as it would be great for RP.

also adding my companions back on my ship even new ones would be great as my ship looks empty i hardly use it now.