Please let us server transfer our guild ship!

DupontTX

We want off our server.... everyone does,... but hence, we are stuck... you have made us spend 50 million on a guild ship, and months of effort unlocking stuff... only to give people a cheap way to transfer off our server, leaving us stuck behind....with millions upon millions invested in and stuck in a server that is dying (POT5)...... why didn't you think of this beforehand? how hard is it really to let a guild leader transfer a guild cross server. He is the leader after all... let him move the guild and cause it to disban on the server of origin... this is just ridiculous that we are stuck here unless we wanna start from scratch.

Question, can you transfer a guild at all (like the stronghold) across a server now?

A means would need to be in place where a guild leader couldn't simply walk off with the entire assets (stronghold, ship) of a guild. If two guild leaders had a falling out, one could simply take everything to another server, not announce where he's going with it, and what luck (much less what recourse?) would people have in tracking it all down. He could simply say screw you and be gone.

There's no means that Bioware has to know that a guild's population truly wants it moved. What if the biggest contributor of Cartel furniture and decorations didn't want to move, the guy spent $100 on Cartel stuff, and he logs in the next day to find the guild assets moved elsewhere? Bioware knows it would create tons of support tickets trying to track things down.

I was minding my own business on DK when someone advertised in chat that he was giving away a guild to the first person interested. I spent almost all my time soloing, so hm, free guild, this should be interesting. I got the guild, and was astounded to find that it had a guild bank, TONS of cartel-supplied decorations, all of the unlocks for the guild stronghold, etc. And, I was (and still am) the only one in it. I asked him why he abandoned it, he said it was too hard to get people to join and that he was joining his friend's guild. I don't know how it came to be that he was in sole possession of it with everyone else gone (the ledge had names of contributors to the bank as of that week), but there it was. I'm not sure if he realized that all of the decorations, etc., went with the guild, not him. Maybe he didn't care.

Point is, just to reiterate, BW would need a way to keep a guild leader from hijacking the work of a lot of other people against their wishes. Right now, that ability would create a LOT of service tickets with people screaming to get their guild back.

BIoware would be up many a night figuring out how to transfer guilds/guild assets reliably, including the ship, I think, without causing grief.

Question, can you transfer a guild at all (like the stronghold) across a server now?

A means would need to be in place where a guild leader couldn't simply walk off with the entire assets (stronghold, ship) of a guild. If two guild leaders had a falling out, one could simply take everything to another server, not announce where he's going with it, and what luck (much less what recourse?) would people have in tracking it all down. He could simply say screw you and be gone.

There's no means that Bioware has to know that a guild's population truly wants it moved. What if the biggest contributor of Cartel furniture and decorations didn't want to move, the guy spent $100 on Cartel stuff, and he logs in the next day to find the guild assets moved elsewhere? Bioware knows it would create tons of support tickets trying to track things down.

I was minding my own business on DK when someone advertised in chat that he was giving away a guild to the first person interested. I spent almost all my time soloing, so hm, free guild, this should be interesting. I got the guild, and was astounded to find that it had a guild bank, TONS of cartel-supplied decorations, all of the unlocks for the guild stronghold, etc. And, I was (and still am) the only one in it. I asked him why he abandoned it, he said it was too hard to get people to join and that he was joining his friend's guild. I don't know how it came to be that he was in sole possession of it with everyone else gone (the ledge had names of contributors to the bank as of that week), but there it was. I'm not sure if he realized that all of the decorations, etc., went with the guild, not him. Maybe he didn't care.

Point is, just to reiterate, BW would need a way to keep a guild leader from hijacking the work of a lot of other people against their wishes. Right now, that ability would create a LOT of service tickets with people screaming to get their guild back.

BIoware would be up many a night figuring out how to transfer guilds/guild assets reliably, including the ship, I think, without causing grief.

these problems already exist with guilds and guild masters kicking people and stealing from each other, adding guild server transfers would add nothing to that problem while solving the other problem, also I dont see how your experience of accepting one of these stolen guilds is relevant

you have made us spend 50 million on a guild ship

"Made" you.

No, you cannot. You can't even transfer a character if it is a guild leader.

Edited by branmakmuffin

• 2 months later...

You will have to walk away from that 50M albatross unfortunately. Such is the nature of sunk costs. And I just returned to the game and excuse me if I am mistaken but 50M split between guildies seems to be peanuts. Well...at least compared to the sums touted on my server. Take the hit, walk away, rebuild.

Or you can negotiate some kind of transfer of ownership to another up and coming guild for a price that would make the xfer hurt less.

We want off our server.... everyone does,... but hence, we are stuck... you have made us spend 50 million on a guild ship, and months of effort unlocking stuff... only to give people a cheap way to transfer off our server, leaving us stuck behind....with millions upon millions invested in and stuck in a server that is dying (POT5)...... why didn't you think of this beforehand? how hard is it really to let a guild leader transfer a guild cross server. He is the leader after all... let him move the guild and cause it to disban on the server of origin... this is just ridiculous that we are stuck here unless we wanna start from scratch.

50mil+ is too much for people to walk away from either make a way for them to legitimately be sold in game, or let them transfer with them, or a way for them to be refunded, or something

50 million is nothing. I spent 21 million the previous week and 20 million this week on my main. That is not including the stim I accidentally bought for 5.5 million on the gtn. If we include that stim I bough, then I spent a total of 46 million the last two weeks. Credits are easy to make on highly populated servers. If you would have transferred months ago you probably would have made the credits back by now. This week alone I made about 30 million in credits.

Edited by Knockerz

People choosing to move to another server have to weigh the benefits of staying/leaving which keeps some population on the dieing server. Making the option to move entire Guilds would make things nearly unplayable on the dieing server, which is why it should be tied to a forced merger. They might be working on allowing Guild transfers in the future if server mergers become mandatory again. They're most likely waiting to see the population trends after 4.0 launches to decide whether or not this is a good option. Just my take on the whole thing, take from it what you will.:rolleyes:

It's certainly not impossible to move whole guilds - it's been available for cash in "that other game" for a good while already. The GM can initiate the move (he has to appoint a new GM to leave behind) and all members will receive in-game mail telling them they can follow for cash and automatically be in the guild on the new realm. Yes, the guild bank will be moved with the GM. Moving the guild ship in SWtOR shouldn't be impossible either.

But as seen in WoW it does make server balance issues even worse. I had a raid guild move from under me, transferring to a heavily populated server from the RP backwater we were on. They had massive queues when the next expansion launched and those who stayed behind could hardly even make PUG groups in trade chat. No, I didn't go with them. I was reserves anyway thanks to nasty work shifts. Why pay to still be benched on a new server?

just sell your guild. Advertise it for example for 45 mill (assuming no unlocks) maybe more if you got some decent decos and unlocked a few guild storage bays in your guild bank. Sort of a work around to get you your money back.

You're not gonna get your full unlock price back but you can make it desireable for someone to buy your guild instead of starting / continuing his current one (assuming his goal is to obtain a flagship somewhere down the line)

Edited by Faardor

I don't like this idea honestly. This will cause server imbalance methinks.

Huh?! LOL!

It absolutely should already be working...Bioware should have have Customer Service facilitate it now, until they (if they) get an automated system working. It's essential and failing to have it working, costs them customers.

I would also support the option to sell your flagship back to the vendor for the 50 mil credits in case you'd want that. That way, you'd have something to start with on the new server.

AND unlocks. Unlocking the ship is a task that took a TON of time and equally as many credits. It's sure as hell not my guilds fault the server died, since we're still here playing the freaking game...don't punish us more than moving already does...it's freaking stupid that this isn't being handled personally by Customer Service on a first come, first served basis already.

They should have a token that could possibly just copy the unlocks from one guild on one server to another server which includes Guild ship + Unlocks, Guild Hall + Unlocks, and Bank tabs, but everything empty and you have to redecorate everything. I think a price of like 5k CCs would prob be enough to atleast copy a guild imo.

People its the unlocks. All the hard work and extra money to unlock the entire ship. The guildship has a owner, and it should move with the owner. A fully unlocked guild ship, not including the time and effort in farming the schematics, is over 75 mill credits and 54 epic schematics Edited by RazorStriker

I don't like this idea honestly. This will cause server imbalance methinks.

Actually, it will just make it even harder for the Guld in question. Because when they arrive they will be a new guild, they will have to start conquests over from the beginning. They will have to achieve all their unlocks from the beginning, and they will be doing so at an economic disadvantage to the existing guilds on the new server.

Coming across with their 'stuff' wouldn't cause imbalances. If a guild on the current destination server is already unable to 'compete' despite the better climate that exists due to the larger population, then they aren't going to be able to compete even if that 'new' guild transfers over from a dying/dead server with nothing.

The effect is negligible but is a huge QoL bonus for the transferring guild and it is not those peoples fault BioWare has shed customers as they have making multiple servers ghost towns.

27 people on Fleet for Jung Ma last night during prime time. Pot5 appears to have the same issues. BioWares system of forcing players to pay for a transfer or click someones referral link (even though you've been a subscriber since day 1) isn't adequate.