What percentage of users will cancel their 1st months sub?

Scan

Im guessing 30%

Now unless they address all the bugs and concerns the community is screaming out for what percentage will unsub in the next month?

Im guessing 60%

This would be an unmitigated disaster for a game costing millions. Are we just bored of the WoW/Rift type gameplay? Do we need freeform space combat / a new approach to fighting/questing? The Vo is nice but if you make the mistake of enabling subtitles like I did you read it then skip it.

Giving the masses something to get excited about like "Upcoming operations including 20 man raids in space! Freeform space combat that will see you taking down a deathstar!" or "Guildship vs Guildship combat! Take on the opposing factions best with the ability to attack and hold key areas in realtime game!" or even just a solid commitment to working on things like UI customization, getting rid of 100 man zone limit, LFG server only tool, queues (although I think this has been addressed, WELL DONE!) and a few other must fix issues.

Ultimately the game is what I expected, although I wanted so much more, especially from BW.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guessing 30%

Now unless they address all the bugs and concerns the community is screaming out for what percentage will unsub in the next month?

Im guessing 60%

This would be an unmitigated disaster for a game costing millions. Are we just bored of the WoW/Rift type gameplay? Do we need freeform space combat / a new approach to fighting/questing? The Vo is nice but if you make the mistake of enabling subtitles like I did you read it then skip it.

Giving the masses something to get excited about like "Upcoming operations including 20 man raids in space! Freeform space combat that will see you taking down a deathstar!" or "Guildship vs Guildship combat! Take on the opposing factions best with the ability to attack and hold key areas in realtime game!" or even just a solid commitment to working on things like UI customization, getting rid of 100 man zone limit, LFG server only tool, queues (although I think this has been addressed, WELL DONE!) and a few other must fix issues.

Ultimately the game is what I expected, although I wanted so much more, especially from BW.

Noone can give you an estimate. We'll just have to wait and see.

All i know is my friends already stopped playing it.

Im guessing 30%

Im guessing 60%

Way to pull random numbers out of your butt o doomsayer. Its almost like they arent posting stuff right now because its christmas....oooh

Also theyve already confirmed a major patch being worked on. Its five days, FIVE days and it went through the holiday season were lets face it, folk aint working unless they work at a WaWa (poor souls.)

Im sorry, deeply sorry the MMO isnt one hundred percent perfect on release, heck every other mmo was perfect without bugs at release.

right?

2 of my friends and guildies have already stopped as well. I plan on sticking with it a bit longer, to give them a fair-shake, but I expect more from MMORPG releases these days.

People keep comparing it to WoW, both WoW launch and current, but I don't think that's fair. That's why I compare it to RIFT. RIFT had a stellar launch, and when there was problems their team took care of it ASAP, which usually meant that / next day. They also communicated with their players, let them know what was incoming, how they were addressing problems, ect. THAT is how I expect a AAA MMORPG in this day and age to be done.

Thus far, Bioware has disappointed on many fronts. Even if I stick around, I do not think I will level another alt, purely because it means I have to go back to Taris. That steaming pile of bantha poodoo has no excuse for the way it operates. Green artificing, horrendous and random lag, bugged speeer travel...it all happens ONLY on that planet, and not even during peak times. There could be 160 people in my realm ( wow, what a high number! ) or there could be 16. It does it regardless.

Anywho...long story short, I likely will not be back for a second month unless they can prove to me that they are addressing problems.

People will leave to be sure, happens everytime with every mmo. But to just claim thirty, or even more laughably 60 percent without any backing evidence other than HE doesn't like the game?

Cmon, thats so hilarious I don't even need to go on how utterly stupid it is.

2 of my friends and guildies have already stopped as well. I plan on sticking with it a bit longer, to give them a fair-shake, but I expect more from MMORPG releases these days.

People keep comparing it to WoW, both WoW launch and current, but I don't think that's fair. That's why I compare it to RIFT. RIFT had a stellar launch, and when there was problems their team took care of it ASAP, which usually meant that / next day. They also communicated with their players, let them know what was incoming, how they were addressing problems, ect. THAT is how I expect a AAA MMORPG in this day and age to be done.

Thus far, Bioware has disappointed on many fronts. Even if I stick around, I do not think I will level another alt, purely because it means I have to go back to Taris. That steaming pile of bantha poodoo has no excuse for the way it operates. Green artificing, horrendous and random lag, bugged speeer travel...it all happens ONLY on that planet, and not even during peak times. There could be 160 people in my realm ( wow, what a high number! ) or there could be 16. It does it regardless.

Anywho...long story short, I likely will not be back for a second month unless they can prove to me that they are addressing problems.

Rift is doing so amazignly well that not even a full year of release they are down to a whopping $15.00 dollars to purchase the game.

So yea......not doing so hot is it? And thats comming from a guy who actually likes the game and played it during release xD.

I liek rift, but it will enter FTP soon at this rate.

Edited by Darkercrab

Rift is doing so amazignly well that not even a full year of release they are down to a whopping $15.00 dollars to purchase the game.

I liek rift, but it will enter FTP soon at this rate.

Oh don't misquote me or anything, RIFT is garbage. There's a reason I'm here and not there. However at launch, their team was spot-on. Unfortunately the game mechanics could not live up to that expectation.

I will be canceling, so will my wife.

this game just has to many serious flaws to keep us here.

And they aren't being addressed from what BW has said.

I suspect those million + subs they boasted about will drop to the 500k-700k range after the first month and if things dont change for the better they will continue to drop off. Even hardcore swtor fans are a little upset over this game.

Great story yes they delievered on that but the MMO part of it is absurdly bad even other flopped mmo's did better in the MMO department even if they were not great story wise or a korean grinder.

Aion flopped. Had great pvp had a server wide channel group was easy was fun good graphics epic pvp battles was a great pvp game. Downside the ganking and grind drove players away and it has died off alot.

Rift well we all know the story with them so ya.

Swtor now has issues with people not getting groups for content on some servers very linear and very single player play wise. Pvp is .... well its something to be desired feels like they just slapped it in to be honest.... infact everything BUT the story feels like it was just slapped together as fast as possible.

So ya I dont think swtor will do great. people have had a taste and many are disappointed, it has a fresh feel people like that but it wont last long.

And when the first month subs drop off guess what, the problems swtor already has will increase with lacking populations and cause more subs to cancel.

I have no doubt swtor will be okay with its diehard fanbase but they wont reach a million subs after the first 3 months. Thats my opinion though.

Oh don't misquote me or anything, RIFT is garbage. There's a reason I'm here and not there. However at launch, their team was spot-on. Unfortunately the game mechanics could not live up to that expectation.

Andim sure we will see spot on team help from the devs AFTER christmas break xD.

Theyve already confirmed a major patch about to be tossed onto the test server, what more do people want?

Rift had a great launch, but their world was and is TINY. Too many guilds cleared GSB and RoS and sat there waiting for Hammerknell. Lost a lot of people from that.

If Bioware can keep up its replayability, fix some bugs and UI issues, and create some dynamic endgame content as good as the stuff I've seen so far from leveling... then I think I will be here for a long time. So far it's the most fun I've had in an MMO in a very very long time.

Theyve already confirmed a major patch about to be tossed onto the test server, what more do people want?

You mean the gold version of the game is about to hit the test server. About damn time, this extended beta is getting on my nerves.

I will be canceling, so will my wife.

this game just has to many serious flaws to keep us here.

And they aren't being addressed from what BW has said.

I suspect those million + subs they boasted about will drop to the 500k-700k range after the first month and if things dont change for the better they will continue to drop off. Even hardcore swtor fans are a little upset over this game.

Great story yes they delievered on that but the MMO part of it is absurdly bad even other flopped mmo's did better in the MMO department even if they were not great story wise or a korean grinder.

Aion flopped. Had great pvp had a server wide channel group was easy was fun good graphics epic pvp battles was a great pvp game. Downside the ganking and grind drove players away and it has died off alot.

Rift well we all know the story with them so ya.

Swtor now has issues with people not getting groups for content on some servers very linear and very single player play wise. Pvp is .... well its something to be desired feels like they just slapped it in to be honest.... infact everything BUT the story feels like it was just slapped together as fast as possible.

So ya I dont think swtor will do great. people have had a taste and many are disappointed, it has a fresh feel people like that but it wont last long.

And when the first month subs drop off guess what, the problems swtor already has will increase with lacking populations and cause more subs to cancel.

I have no doubt swtor will be okay with its diehard fanbase but they wont reach a million subs after the first 3 months. Thats my opinion though.

Your right....you know cause you said so.

Bioware is such a small unknown company that they havent already tossed a major patch into the test server ( or are about to)...ooooh wait

Im sure they don't read forums or intend to fix anything that is wrong with this game, because it isnt perfect to be sure.

Five days, and 3 cut through the holiday season, give them a break.

Your right....you know cause you said so.

Bioware is such a small unknown company that they havent already tossed a major patch into the test server ( or are about to)...ooooh wait

Im sure they don't read forums or intend to fix anything that is wrong with this game, because it isnt perfect to be sure.

Five days, and 3 cut through the holiday season, give them a break.

I said its just my opinion theres no right or wrong its my opinion, its not yours. So stop with the your right you know everything mocking.

I think a small amount will. Most of the people complaining will still be here. If they were really as butthurt as they say, they would have already been gone.

This right here is a pretty good statement.

If all of the people who come on here claiming that the game is broken, or that the game needs some mechanic, or that they are leaving, really hated this game THAT much, they would not be here talking about the game. They would just be gone. Also, as other people have stated all over the forums (including myself), the game just came out the 20th. Give the developers some time to actually do things to the game, especially considering it is the holdiays right now.

P.S. Those of you who are doing nothing but complaining and stating you are leaving if Bioware doesn't give you your way, you willl not be missed.

Edited by Kemosobe