Very Unique Location in Alde Civil War that makes snipers pretty much un-stoppable.

Kaos_KidSWTOR

If a Jugg walks unhindered to a Sniper without getting rooted the Sniper is the problem. A PT on the other hand.....

There's a utility pick for endure pain that makes you immune to movement impairment effects as well as give you a speed buff. It's not as good as a PTs but it's adequate for either getting out of range of a sniper or getting up to melee on them.

The Quality of PVPers in this game has taken a sharp decline lately.

Its the reason i barely log in these days.

Likely due to the quantity of new and old players returning because of the expansion announcement. It's a double edge sword. People want more people for queues and such, yet now there is less quality.

I will say I was super happy that pub ranked was poppin' last night. Finished with 2 wins and three losses, but man it was fun.

There's a utility pick for endure pain that makes you immune to movement impairment effects as well as give you a speed buff. It's not as good as a PTs but it's adequate for either getting out of range of a sniper or getting up to melee on them.

If a Jugg is burning their "last stand" CD just to get to a Sniper it's pretty much GG before the fight even stars, especially since the Sniper can just Flashbang the Jugg through said speed buff anyways.

http://imgur.com/wRNg5pc

That position is pretty much a deathtrap when even 1 Sniper is up there. They can camp the spawn point pretty much indefinately. With 100% impunity because Snipers for some "balancing" reason can't be leapt to or pulled while in Cover.

That spot is good for about 20 seconds of funny trolling. Unless your team is getting crapped on in general, in which case the sniper there isn't the problem.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Just my two cents worth ...

One, interesting use of terrain. Got to give them credit for it.

Two, I don't play the sniper class myself, but it is hardly a game breaker. If you have two snipers up on this thing, that is two players that aren't defending the other side. If both teams are equal, that puts them a man short on the side of the map where all the action is. So at some point, they are just going to have to leave or risk losing.

Three, stealthers can just sneak past them and use the blind spot behind the node to cap it. They have to leave their position to do something about it. And if you get lucky, they are going to be looking the wrong direction for a few critical seconds.

If you lack the classes to counter this move, then just don't fight on that side.

Probably the one use of terrain exploit I have seen video of was from a few months back. Opposing team members found a way to climb the wall on the central artillery unit and could snipe players as they reentered their spawn point.

Players would be dead before they could even get off the speeder and either defend themselves or make it out of the line of sight of this location.

I have only seen this video once and I haven't seen anyone else complain about it so it was either a crazy fluke of coincidences or BW shut it down.

Not sure which.

Probably the one use of terrain exploit I have seen video of was from a few months back. Opposing team members found a way to climb the wall on the central artillery unit and could snipe players as they reentered their spawn point.

Players would be dead before they could even get off the speeder and either defend themselves or make it out of the line of sight of this location.

I have only seen this video once and I haven't seen anyone else complain about it so it was either a crazy fluke of coincidences or BW shut it down.

Not sure which.

If you use the roll into cover and have someone targeted just right, amazingly there is a sticky spot up on top of the wall sticking out away from mid.

If you use the roll into cover and have someone targeted just right, amazingly there is a sticky spot up on top of the wall sticking out away from mid.

Well now.....that's amazingly funny you should mention that. Thought it was just me but I think I know where you mean, first time I saw it. Yesterday in fact...

I did have someone targeted and I did go past a bit where I could have sworn I saw one of those spots up on the wall but it vanished quickly and couldn't get it back. Because it vanished I presumed I was mistaken but perhaps I wasn't

Now that is something which needs to get fixed, never seen anyone up there though myself.

Edited by BaineOs

Interesting location. I have honestly never even realised there is such a metal thingy there. I am always focused on the node.

The solution to this problem posed by the OP has already been mentioned:

Go to snow. And mid. If 2 trolls are camping that spot, it means that you are (at least) 8 vs. 6 on the other two nodes. If you don't win with 8 vs. 6, then your team has bigger problems than these two trolls. And I don't mean this in a "you are baddies" kind of way.

Well now.....that's amazingly funny you should mention that. Thought it was just me but I think I know where you mean, first time I saw it. Yesterday in fact...

I did have someone targeted and I did go past a bit where I could have sworn I saw one of those spots up on the wall but it vanished quickly and couldn't get it back. Because it vanished I presumed I was mistaken but perhaps I wasn't

Now that is something which needs to get fixed, never seen anyone up there though myself.

LOL I have been up there at least once trying to take mid. It was funny because I was running from someone and saw it, then just popped up as they came around the wall and I don't think saw where I went. I had maybe 4 or 5 GCDs from there but it dropped me down pretty quick.

I usually use cover in place but I have the roll handy in case I see an opportunity.

Edited by Technohic

http://imgur.com/wRNg5pc

That position is pretty much a deathtrap when even 1 Sniper is up there. They can camp the spawn point pretty much indefinately. With 100% impunity because Snipers for some "balancing" reason can't be leapt to or pulled while in Cover.

Dear Terribad

u can't reach the node from there there are more than 40 mts from that spot to he border of the node