Leaving SWTOR because of no new 'Operation' content

Hey folks,

A lot of people will leave this game if there's no new content regarding 'Operations' with the upcoming update (KOTFE). The focus will be on the single-player story and not on ' Operations' is what I understood from reading the deftracker messages.

Hopefully they will implement some new and exciting stuff for us (raiders) as well. And I don't mean a revamped version of EV :rolleyes:

What are the thoughts on this?

Greetings,

Prae (Red Eclipse)

Edited by Michael-Hondo
Wrong title

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The focus will be on the single-player story and not on ' Operations' is what I understood from reading the deftracker messages.

That is what you understood. That is not, however, what they said. STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT THINGS YOU READ BETWEEN THE LINES, PLEASE. Wait for the devblog on operations that's coming in a few weeks (probably, soon anyway) and see.

Edited by Memo-

I'd probably leave if there are no new operations (yes, plural) or warzones (yes, plural again).

If they expect people to hang around and play old operations/flashpoints.. lol.

In fact, I'm a little upset they're supposedly increasing the level difficulty of old operations. I could never find a good enough group to go back and do NiM DF/DP for mounts and titles. If they bump those up to level cap, it's even less likely I'll get them.

If there is no endgame, there is no need to sub to KOTFE. Because story chapter for a char will probably take few hours. If so better to wait for last chapter and binge play through them.

Yep. Months of dev time for what will amount to a one time quest for an hour or two of unique play time.

Edited by Jojomagro

well not a surprise. Ppl were already leaving before fallen empire, while some remained to see if a new ops would be announced. Now, without any news, i'm not surprised if many choose to leave. Alot of the raiding guilds i'm in are starting to fall apart, with key raiders bored and one by one, taking a break from the game.

I play this game for operation progression and because I like Star Wars RPGs. If they all but kill ops but can put out a KOTOR amount of content every 4 months (the price of a box game) I'll stick around. I would be thoroughly impressed if they could do that though.

I play this game for operation progression and because I like Star Wars RPGs. If they all but kill ops but can put out a KOTOR amount of content every 4 months (the price of a box game) I'll stick around. I would be thoroughly impressed if they could do that though.

Are you high?

Why is it necessary to add end game ops? Every other update was a addition to PVP or Operations. Is Bioware required to add operations every time they update? it seems this one will focus on a long neglected aspect of the game. They will add more ops after it is launched. If something like this makes you want to drop your sub then really you were going to do that anyways.

Also, the majority of players in game are not playing high level PVP and OPs . This is evident by the low number of guilds that are actually completing HM content and the fact that only 2% of the population has Full ranked PVP gear. They are playing toons through story content. God forbid that bioware gives them something new to do since they were neglected since launch.

i would suggest everyone give BW a break and see what they have to offer. If you cant do that then why are you even here now?

Why is it necessary to add end game ops? Every other update was a addition to PVP or Operations. Is Bioware required to add operations every time they update? it seems this one will focus on a long neglected aspect of the game. They will add more ops after it is launched. If something like this makes you want to drop your sub then really you were going to do that anyways.

Also, the majority of players in game are not playing high level PVP and OPs . This is evident by the low number of guilds that are actually completing HM content and the fact that only 2% of the population has Full ranked PVP gear. They are playing toons through story content. God forbid that bioware gives them something new to do since they were neglected since launch.

i would suggest everyone give BW a break and see what they have to offer. If you cant do that then why are you even here now?

While that's nice and all, that's not the issue. The issue is how long can this story content fill your time every month? 2-3 hours for all the characters if there is in fact 8 different story lines. What are you going to do after that? You fill that time with pve, pvp and rp. If nothing new besides a story line for a few hours comes every month, any sort of high volume user is going get bored after a month or two.

Edited by mastirkal

Hopefully they will implement some new and exciting stuff for us (raiders) as well. And I don't mean a revamped version of EV :rolleyes:

They said we would get a new Operation before 2016, so even if it's not in 4.0, it will only be another 60 days after 4.0 launches.

So worst case you have to wait until Christmas.

They said we would get a new Operation before 2016, so even if it's not in 4.0, it will only be another 60 days after 4.0 launches.

So worst case you have to wait until Christmas.

Better than most Christmas Presents I get. Which is usually just cards from family. Joys of being an adult. :(

Edited by FerkWork

I hate ops, and the snobs who run them. It is now downright impossible for a new player to get into an op now because 99% of pugs advertising on fleet demand achievements, voice chat, perfect gear, a good "rotation", and knowing every in and out of the fights. Before you say, "do it with your guild", a lot don't even do ops, and many people don't even have a guild due to 12xp. Also not everyone has a gaming pc and gigabit internet to run the ops with any higher that 2 fps.

The hardcore raiders are a pain too. They think that whatever applies to HM Revan applies to the rest of the game. Every few threads on the forums usually involves someone from a top guild calling a solo player out on not being perfect, despite having no difficulty with the content he or she does. Sometimes there are the "classists" that trash talk players for picking a so-called "weak" class like sent/mara. Some even go so far as to accuse said players of trolling, saying they deserve to be banned for choosing the class that they did. Same goes for hardcore ranked pvpers.

/end rant

I hate ops, and the snobs who run them. It is now downright impossible for a new player to get into an op now because 99% of pugs advertising on fleet demand achievements, voice chat, perfect gear, a good "rotation", and knowing every in and out of the fights. Before you say, "do it with your guild", a lot don't even do ops, and many people don't even have a guild due to 12xp. Also not everyone has a gaming pc and gigabit internet to run the ops with any higher that 2 fps.

/end rant

Most guilds I know will take a player if they have demonstrated high level PvP skills in ToR or have raided in other games. It's only the PUGS that ask for all the achievements since need to compensate for it being a PUG.

The hardcore raiders are a pain too. They think that whatever applies to HM Revan applies to the rest of the game. Every few threads on the forums usually involves someone from a top guild calling a solo player out on not being perfect, despite having no difficulty with the content he or she does. Sometimes there are the "classists" that trash talk players for picking a so-called "weak" class like sent/mara. Some even go so far as to accuse said players of trolling, saying they deserve to be banned for choosing the class that they did. Same goes for hardcore ranked pvpers.

/end rant

While it's nice that you don't like ops, your rant is kind of irrelevant isn't it? It sounds like you're complaining just to complain. In the time it took you to write your displeasure with the people you have so far encountered in this game thus far, you could've taken a poo or maybe made a delicious breakfast burrito.

Also generally high end raiders opinions are consistent with the current meta of PVE content (experience may vary), same for High end pvpers. Classes are weaker than others, this is a fact. Despite what others might like to say, mara/sent ARE weaker than even the current weakest ranged class, sorcs. Mara's do more damage, but generally a team is more willing to add a sorc than a mara simply because of how the current endgame is very melee unfriendly. This is also why power-techs and vanguard dps are so amazing. They have the damage reduction, mobility and usability of a melee dps, and all but one move in their rotation can be used up to 10-15 yards away.

Edited by mastirkal

Most guilds I know will take a player if they have demonstrated high level PvP skills in ToR or have raided in other games. It's only the PUGS that ask for all the achievements since need to compensate for it being a PUG.

Except this is my first mmo, and i never pvp (even more jerks there).

/end rant

hey buddy, if you're going to let one measly achievement get in your way, i'm not sure how you really solve roadblocks in general. If pugs require achievements, then simply get one. You can join a guild which runs ops(if youre not in one that does and yet you want to do ops, youre in the wrong guild), or you can start your own ops without achievements. If you're afraid of leading one, you can read/watch the plenty of resources online which teach you the fights to be better prepared(they're written to help ppl like you), and i'm also sure at least one person won't mind helping you with explanations. You might wipe alot, but you should expect that if you're new. Unless what you're really looking for is to be carried...

/end rant

I always chuckle when I see people on fleet advertising a pug run by saying "LFM for X, be at least in 192 aug'd gear, know fights, have voice chat, and have X cheivos." Just hilarious to me. I ignore those runs every time, not because I'm under skilled, but because I know that they probably are and ultimately either consciously or sub consciously want a scape goat when things go poorly. I remember one guy asked me for an achievement for ToS when I first started getting into it, and I linked him DF nightmare completion he said I'll pass on you which really made me laugh. So that should show you that a lot of people who ask for cheivos don't know their elbow from their ankle. At least in my mind it does. Mechanically speaking, if someone links me nightmare achievements from DP or DF, or hell even SnV or TfB, that makes me feel completely at ease about their abilities regardless of how far they've gotten in the current operations as I think that the pre 60 ops are harder in general.

At any rate though, voice comms/ no voice comms is kind of a wash. The way I look at it is that having voice comms is generally a really good thing to make use of if you're just starting out. It's easier to say something than it is to type. So I wouldn't look at that as some elitist mentality in most cases. Plus, it's fun to laugh at people sometimes, or have them laugh at you when someone derps out.

The only real requirement for these operations on story mode is that you have some decent-ish gear (which is pretty easy to come by frankly); have an understanding of your class; and have the desire/ motivation to stick with it when things don't go perfectly (since it's a pug run I always think someone who expects a perfectly smooth run is being naive).

Regarding joining a guild: It's a good idea. The benefits are that you gain a group to be active with, and get help from. Plainly speaking if the guild you joined doesn't include you, or doesn't match up with your interests then you need to find a new home. I think a lot of people think that once they join a guild, especially their first, that they have to remain loyal to the bone no matter what. I've been in many guilds. It's a song and dance to find the right fit. Just remember that even though a guild might not be the best fit, you can always stay friends with the members. I have countless friends from previous guilds that I talk to regularly still.

Technical issues are technical issues. You never know....there might be a person in guild who can help you tailor your settings to make things workable.

Also knowing the fights is always a plus. But, if you don't know them it's not that big of a deal just say so. I've been in far too many random groups where people end up not speaking up if they don't know something, and wipe the raid after doing something totally avoidable, then go into deny mode. It's OK to admit that you don't know something. Raiders especially understand that fact, or at least every raider I've grouped with in recent memory. There are of course bad apples as there are in every part of a community. For the most part though, if you put some faith in the group, you will get a return on your investment more often than not. And, if you put in a little work on your part, you can only get positives back in return as well.

Granted I don't expect DPS to do what I do and practice on a dummy before I raid with that toon, but I always think it's a good idea for any class to refresh their understanding, or test their assumptions regarding how they play their class by reading the dulfy guides. The way I think about it is hey these guys are the generally the best that play this game, and they've done all the work for me, so all I have to do is read and understand what they've said even a little bit, and then put something new into play when I'm raiding.

I know people really hate to hear this, but at the same time it is somewhat true. If you're not willing to learn in some fashion, then elder game operations are not where you should be (at least the most current ones). There's a great compromise in place where you can experience all the old operations, and not have to stress out about how am I doing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying 7 of the 9 operations that are out (they're actually really really well done anyway).

Tl;DR: Don't give up due to a few bad experiences. Just like in any game (single player et al) improving is the name of the game. If you're playing a single player game and you get stuck at one part do you not try to improve by learning what that encounter is doing so you can beat it? You do. Operations are no different, they're just in a group setting. If you do your part to learn and grow just as you would in a single player game, and don't discount the value of a group or a guild you're going to expose yourself ultimately to the world of raiding that you want to get into. If you get smoked, or encounter some bad apples, brush it off or dust yourself off and get back on the horse. Learn from it and move forward.

Edited by Shwarzchild

What are the thoughts on this?

I don't care. Honestly. I didn't even do Ravagers and the other Revan OP yet.

but because I know that they probably are and ultimately either consciously or sub consciously want a scape goat when things go poorly.

Interesting observation.

Voice chat is to me an pseudo-argument brought forward by people who are just too lazy to write or to wait or too unskilled in being specific and well pointed in expression what they mean through writing.

Explaining through writing merely takes more time - but people live nowadys in an very fast living culture.

Voice chat in PvP is an completely different thing, though.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer