Theran Shan?

GorkieX

Tbh, for some of my girls it's Theron or nothing, their worlds have been rocked. It's true, all we need is a snippet.

Edit: Well gosh Reaver, isn't it just fantastic that we aren't all like you?

Maybe it would be better if everyone was me. Then maybe we could get some interesting characters for once.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would feel very much like a raw deal if Theron doesn't feature in the expansion as prominently as Lana. They started out as two equally prominent NPC love interests and to drop one while featuring the other would be very one-sided. Even if we get a nice male replacement NPC love interest, he wouldn't have the long history that Lana will have had.

Male NPC love interests are already too few and far between. Why would they make the situation even worse?

I had the same feeling, especially when I read that

Lana was one of the first NPC's you encounter when the story begins.

(This is public info mentioned in a recent article, but I'll spoiler it in case people want to keep all story elements a surprise.)

Lana and Theron are an equal duo, representing each faction and each gender. It's a nice a balance and I assume that was intentional. Sure, maybe your typical male gamer cares about Lana more, but BW has been doing such a great job lately showing that they recognize that females play this game too that I would think they would know to keep Theron around. I remind myself that we simply don't know anything about the story yet.

My theory is that Theron has an extra exciting role to play in the story, and they don't want to spoil it. :D

I had the same feeling, especially when I read that

Lana was one of the first NPC's you encounter when the story begins.

(This is public info mentioned in a recent article, but I'll spoiler it in case people want to keep all story elements a surprise.)

Lana and Theron are an equal duo, representing each faction and each gender. It's a nice a balance and I assume that was intentional. Sure, maybe your typical male gamer cares about Lana more, but BW has been doing such a great job lately showing that they recognize that females play this game too that I would think they would know to keep Theron around. I remind myself that we simply don't know anything about the story yet.

My theory is that Theron has an extra exciting role to play in the story, and they don't want to spoil it. :D

Thiiiis! *nods emphatically*

I hate to say this but when I saw the announcement I couldn't help but feel a little resentment towards Lana, and it's not her fault!

Thiiiis! *nods emphatically*

I hate to say this but when I saw the announcement I couldn't help but feel a little resentment towards Lana, and it's not her fault!

At first, I was just a wee bit pissed that I didn't see him on the list. A twinge of resentment came in, and then I realized a number of people we missing. Like Marr, Satele, Saresh, and so on. Which made me feel a wee bit better, but not much. Not until Charles posted about companions and then I was okay.

I have this really bad habit of getting attached to my favorite fictional (both in books and games) characters.

At first, I was just a wee bit pissed that I didn't see him on the list. A twinge of resentment came in, and then I realized a number of people we missing. Like Marr, Satele, Saresh, and so on. Which made me feel a wee bit better, but not much. Not until Charles posted about companions and then I was okay.

I have this really bad habit of getting attached to my favorite fictional (both in books and games) characters.

*nods* yup, me too. I think this bad habit is made that much worse with BioWare games, I feel like I'm always thinking "Please don't tell me I got attached to the wrong character AGAIN!"

I'm quite surprised I haven't died from extreme anxiety... there's no hope for me, really...*shakes head sadly*

But in all seriousness, I'm glad I'm able to get attached to characters, I'm like a big squishy bag of empathy and therefore, feelings.

*nods* yup, me too. I think this bad habit is made that much worse with BioWare games, I feel like I'm always thinking "Please don't tell me I got attached to the wrong character AGAIN!"

I'm quite surprised I haven't died from extreme anxiety... there's no hope for me, really...*shakes head sadly*

But in all seriousness, I'm glad I'm able to get attached to characters, I'm like a big squishy bag of empathy and therefore, feelings.

Haha! Same! I'm the absolute worst with books, and when my favorite dies it takes a while for me to get over it.

Bioware games are one of my weaknesses too. I'll never forget playing through Dragon Age:Origins the first time, and Alistair dying. I was all like :eek:

Haha! Same! I'm the absolute worst with books, and when my favorite dies it takes a while for me to get over it.

Bioware games are one of my weaknesses too. I'll never forget playing through Dragon Age:Origins the first time, and Alistair dying. I was all like :eek:

The only time I've seen Alistair die was on YouTube because I'm a terrible person... a terrible, selfish person.

Lana and Theron are an equal duo, representing each faction and each gender. It's a nice a balance and I assume that was intentional. Sure, maybe your typical male gamer cares about Lana more, but BW has been doing such a great job lately showing that they recognize that females play this game too that I would think they would know to keep Theron around.

Well, you know, it's not just typical male gamers- women who prefer women play this game too. And Theron's as much for male players as he is for female players. Sorry, as a gay female gamer I get upset when ever people equate a female character being for men and male characters as being for females.

I am excited for Koth because he's SUPER cute and hope he's an LI, but I was really disappointed when I heard Theron wasn't the one with Lana to break you out. It feels weirddd to not have them together.

Edited by Uxori

Just make sure that BioWare knows we want Theron Shan <3 and not Theran Cedrax *barf*

:eek: You mean, you didn't like when Theran Cedrax chose Holiday over you? Oh, wait, nevermind the dude is all around bleh.

One of the reasons I tried, and failed (my own fault), to start the other was so there wouldn't be any confusion. I am glad that we have support here, and I've seen others ask about him on twitter and facebook.

I'd rather my favourite character die than suffer character assassination. Now that is some depressing stuff.

I'd rather my favourite character die than suffer character assassination. Now that is some depressing stuff.

Oh my, I know exactly what you mean. I'd happily take a character's death over assassination. Heck, a couple of my favorites not only died but suffered from character assassination.

It was a double whammy to my feels that had me curled in fetal position.

I'll be going to Troy Baker's panel at Indy Popcon next Saturday. I don't hold out much hope that he'll let anything slip, but you never know!

I have actually thought about asking him on Twitter, but thought he might not be able to say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I'm the same way! I get attached to characters, not knowing that the writers have already made plans that involved them sitting at their desks and wringing their hands and going "Muwahahaha! The players shall sufferrrr". Bioware seems to attract those kinds of writers, for some reason. (Just kidding. Sort of. Haha. :jawa_wink: )

This whole big change with the time skip, and missing spouses and Theron and everything else is kind of killing my buzz for the expansion. I can feel myself backing off of the game a little and even considered cancelling until Jan or so until some playthroughs are on youtube. I'm actively seeking out spoilers, which I hardly ever do, unless I suspect there's going to be elements in the story that I don't want to experience without knowing what's coming.

I'll be going to Troy Baker's panel at Indy Popcon next Saturday. I don't hold out much hope that he'll let anything slip, but you never know!

Yes! Please! Just ask him to blink once for yes, twice for no, or something.

I foresee a giant battle cutscene, with all of the major players, stand-ins for the other classes, our character, our companions, random npcs, in a last ditch effort before the ultimate "win" from the Eternal Empire. We see Theron fighting valiantly on one front, maybe slicing a door while being protected by a couple of our companions, boom one of them goes down and the area that he's in is left a smoking crater, but we never see a body. Repeat the same at other locations, with the other major players, maybe we see someone like Marr or Satele get sliced and diced to emphasize that the Eternal Empire means business, but in most cases the characters and companions look like they're defeated but not necessarily dead.

Except for Quinn. At the beginning of the battle, the weaselly little slime tries to run away, and toward the end of the cutscene we see him frantically trying to open the door to a shuttle, only to be disembowelled by a beaten and bloody Jaesa, who may or may not be dying herself.

The last image is of us being encased in carbonite.

I foresee a giant battle cutscene, with all of the major players, stand-ins for the other classes, our character, our companions, random npcs, in a last ditch effort before the ultimate "win" from the Eternal Empire. We see Theron fighting valiantly on one front, maybe slicing a door while being protected by a couple of our companions, boom one of them goes down and the area that he's in is left a smoking crater, but we never see a body. Repeat the same at other locations, with the other major players, maybe we see someone like Marr or Satele get sliced and diced to emphasize that the Eternal Empire means business, but in most cases the characters and companions look like they're defeated but not necessarily dead.

Except for Quinn. At the beginning of the battle, the weaselly little slime tries to run away, and toward the end of the cutscene we see him frantically trying to open the door to a shuttle, only to be disembowelled by a beaten and bloody Jaesa, who may or may not be dying herself.

The last image is of us being encased in carbonite.

I can actually see something like that happening. There's like a mandatory thing, that they will make us believe someone (or all) we care about is dead. Right before we are frozen in the carbonite.

Which results in a stunned look on our faces, followed by whaaaaaaaaat, tears, curling into a ball and rocking back and forth. While our hearts are broken, and souls devoured, as we play the game...suddenly, our of no where, here comes Theron and our companions.

Walking in like the bad***es they are!

Except for Quinn....unless he is married and in love with the Warrior.

Oh, and Skadge. :rak_03:

Edited by Amadahy

UGH! I was just doing the Rishi Rescue on my Smuggler today, and I mistimed my screencap. I just noticed. SO MAD! I have the shot of the dialogue wheel "Less talk, more Theron," but not the dramatic "I will tear down this place if I have to!"

UGH!

I'm sure you all know what this means, right? TIME TO ROLL A NEW SMUGGLER!

In the meantime:

http://i.imgur.com/tAwzjxM.jpg

UGH! I was just doing the Rishi Rescue on my Smuggler today, and I mistimed my screencap. I just noticed. SO MAD! I have the shot of the dialogue wheel "Less talk, more Theron," but not the dramatic "I will tear down this place if I have to!"

UGH!

I'm sure you all know what this means, right? TIME TO ROLL A NEW SMUGGLER!

In the meantime:

http://i.imgur.com/tAwzjxM.jpg

Edit: I really need to stay off of forums until after tea o'clock...

Now that my brain is functioning correctly I can say this, I tend to spam F10 during cutscenes in pretty much every single game I play, which results in enough resources to fashion a flipbook of every single adventure my character has, it also fills up my hard drive fast! That's...not such a good result..

Edited by AetherShanty