Theran Shan?

GorkieX

I'm with you in that respect, but limiting male characters also limits LI potential. At the very least I hope that we'll get one m/m LI, but I'd rather a choice. One male makes that impossible. Also, the 'one lone gay' in the galaxy seems real so far. Cytharat disappears, in steps Theron. Ditto Lana and Lemda. I'm just a wee bit selfish :)..

Yeah, it just comes down to use needing more f/f and more m/m (and more lady companions in general). This COULD be solved Bioware by making your returning companions s/s romanceable, you hear! (If Mako and Risha became an f/f romance you'd find me in the nearest coffin, just know I died happily).

Again, hoping Theron is just a huge NPC, both he and Lana and Koth and another lady are available. It's nice to have one, but to have choices like everyone else would be nice.

Edit: And UGHHH Corso. My lady smuggler was a lesbian and I was so mad everytime he approved of me not flirting with men...no she's not 'a lady' she's GAY GO AWAY I DON'T WANT TO ROMANCE YOU!

Edited by Uxori

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god. If there's a time jump and everything has gone to hell, does this mean that Theron's parents are dead? I can't imagine Satele letting some upstart ruin the Republic, for one. Noooooo. I need the whole Shan/Malcom clan whole.

And my Twi'lek smuggler is just going to sit over there and and hug her Corso. :(

FYI Corso is adorable, reliable, he is there for you because he is, not because he had nothing else to do or saw in you an opportunity to get off some trashy planet like Taris/Hoth/Belsavis...Theron only once "gave it to you" in the bushes on Yavin and even after that and the whole alliances-sor story he didn't contact you beforehand regarding Ziost...while I totally support the idea of this thread, you can't compare good ol' Corso with a spy who's here and the next minute gone :rak_03:

Corso is a grade 5 clinger. If you have no interest in him he does not take the hint and that is so not sexy. I'm disappointed that BioWare didn't give us the 'break up anytime' option in SWTOR because I realized I made a terrible mistake on my smuggler when she could have Cole Cantarus (okay, only in my mind) or Theron Shan. The best I can do is headcanon that she dumped Corso since the game won't let me do it.

And hey, I tried to get Theron to join my team on all my characters (yay for no cheating consequences) and it didn't happen. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Well here goes, and please forgive my spelling as I have not been awake long and my coffee is barley touched.

We have seen the list of cast so far, im sure there are many more in there. However, something I was wondering and im not sure if Eric or any of the others can clear this up... What about Theran Shan? Friends of mine who play this game, who really liked the bumbling SIS Agent are affraid of what this future could mean, especally with the popscile you become for unknown how many years at this point as I have seen posts that range between 1 - 20 years. Is he alive? Will he play any part in all the events and still come out alive later on... or will this be the end of him as we know it and break the hearts of a lot of the players who accually had hoped someday he would be a companion. (Side note: I perrfer Lana but that's just me)

Darth OnYa planned to seduce qne kill him immediately following a large encounter with an overrated (Jedi?), but they probably won't tell you that minor plot detail.

But, it happens... :t_smile:

I have three gay/bisexual/testing the waters(?) characters. My sith jugg tank likes the gals and the guys (she flirted, kissed and banged Lana). My male operative likes men only. Sure, he slept his way around the galaxy with women, but only cause it was his job. Otherwise, he likes the men. Unfortunately, Theron was a tad standoffish with him, even though they kissed. And my male gunslinger likes the ladies ALOT, but fell in deep with Theron. Theron was his first male lover and he misses Theron.

Otherwise, I didn't really do much with Lana. I chatted, maybe hit one or two flirts, but otherwise, meh. On a lot of my alt females if they flirted, it was with Theron, not Lana. I LIKE Lana, but when it comes to booty calls and such or possible marry mes, I prefer Theron.

No he has to be there my poor male SI has lost all contact with Cytharat the romance on Makeb and now he could lose Theron to it's all too much :p Don't know why but I loved the idea of the high and mighty Satele having her son dating the SI whose on the dark council :D

In all seriousness however I personally enjoyed Theron more than Lana, Lana has just never really clicked for me but I enjoyed Theron and his story. It was fun working with him on pub characters and I loved to antagonize him on my imp characters especially on my DS agent :cool:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Well here goes, and please forgive my spelling as I have not been awake long and my coffee is barley touched.

We have seen the list of cast so far, im sure there are many more in there. However, something I was wondering and im not sure if Eric or any of the others can clear this up... What about Theran Shan? Friends of mine who play this game, who really liked the bumbling SIS Agent are affraid of what this future could mean, especally with the popscile you become for unknown how many years at this point as I have seen posts that range between 1 - 20 years. Is he alive? Will he play any part in all the events and still come out alive later on... or will this be the end of him as we know it and break the hearts of a lot of the players who accually had hoped someday he would be a companion. (Side note: I perrfer Lana but that's just me)

I am pretty sure ever thing will be explained when the expansion is released :cool:

One reason may be, for a new companion anyway, we are already getting Nico Okarr, who I am assuming is basically a gunslinger, which is what Theron in large part was in combat (for example, the Revan fight solo).

Lana, on the other hand, is a Force-user dps that may or may not heal. Not all player classes have access to that type of companion, whereas everyone will have access to the Gunslinger-archetype in Nico.

SO: Theron may very well be alive, but he won't become a companion because it would be redundant due to Nico.

I actually cannot disagree with you about Corso. Yes, Corso was there from start to finish. Anything my gunslinger needed he was there. I just did not like the interactions between my character and him. I didn't like that, even though I never flirted with him, if my girl even looked at someone he had a comment.

Great guy, but hell to the no on romance. And he's the only option fem-smugglers have. :(

You think Corso's bad? I chose Darmas...

>_<

But anyways yes I will be super disappointed if Theron isn't in the expansion (or even if he has a smaller role than stupid Lana >_>)

Edited by Nefla

Haha Corso loves ya! Let him count the crits (to show you.) ;)

Drunken Corso was actually a lot of fun. Especially the part about him sneaking off to a farm, or something, on Ord Mantell. Forgive me if I get that wrong it's been over a year since I have had that conversation. The only good thing about his jealous rants is that they are hilarious!

My favorite scene was on Alderaan when my smuggler said, "Zip your lip and sit tight farm boy!""

See, I don't have to worry about jealous comments with Theron. Since the romance doesn't last long enough to have them. :D

Lol not the worst way to show appreciation by crafting something with great success regularly :D As for Theron, he's clearly not the jealous type, so far he's seemed more like the quickie one :rak_03:

One reason may be, for a new companion anyway, we are already getting Nico Okarr, who I am assuming is basically a gunslinger, which is what Theron in large part was in combat (for example, the Revan fight solo).

Lana, on the other hand, is a Force-user dps that may or may not heal. Not all player classes have access to that type of companion, whereas everyone will have access to the Gunslinger-archetype in Nico.

SO: Theron may very well be alive, but he won't become a companion because it would be redundant due to Nico.

I definitely missed each and every one of those many, many, MANY threads where people begged for Nico as a companion. I had to google that name to even recall who the hell this another guy with a beard and mustache guy (hello Dorian from DAI) was...but I do recall numerous requests for Cytharat and Theran.

Yep, I wondered the same : where the heck is Theron ?

I mean, for every player that want to flirt with female npc they already got Lana and Vaylin maybe Senya ? ( I haven't see any artwork of her as far ) .

As far we got : An old man and his half robotic son, Koth Vortena and Nico Okarr which is, well, somehow bad**** but far from handsome .. So none as far. Even with his weird eyes I'd miss Theron :)

Hope he will be back as a real companion, or my toons will still be single in this new story :/

Edited by Arkeran

I'm glad this thread is up. I've been wondering the same thing, since the leak. Where is Theron? I want Theron! *stamps foot* :D

And I just want to say to those that called him 'bumbling' and cowardly, he's not. Far from it. While his last mission ended badly for the most part, he does have other adventures where he is quite competent and gets the job done (Annihilation). He's brave and clever, and I do hope he hasn't been killed. I'm nervous because I remember on FB they asked who we prefer Lana or Theron...I voted for Theron, but of course it seems that most who replied were guys and voted for her. :/

Love Theron. and while we're at it, where is Jonas Balkar? Did he make it? He'd make a great comp too. Given the male line up so far, I think it could stand some bolstering up, the new men really do nothing for me. I hope there are mods.

I didn't see the FB poll, but I don't know many guys that liked Lana all that much. There is something about her eyes that don't work... or maybe it's her nose. Her dialogue is good, but I wouldn't call it seductive. Once you get over the accent it is all down hill from there. lol.

Theron on the other hand has a book and is practically the face fo SWTOR. And he is extremely resourceful. And he has mommy issues. Good fodder for a good writer don't you think? ;)

And who would he turn to in his our of need? Jonas Balkar of course. These guys are Batman, if you will pardon the analogy. No super natural abilities, but extremely powerful because of their cunning and strength of will. Surviving tyranny is all in a days work.

I didn't see the FB poll, but I don't know many guys that liked Lana all that much. There is something about her eyes that don't work... or maybe it's her nose. Her dialogue is good, but I wouldn't call it seductive. Once you get over the accent it is all down hill from there. lol.

Theron on the other hand has a book and is practically the face fo SWTOR. And he is extremely resourceful. And he has mommy issues. Good fodder for a good writer don't you think? ;)

And who would he turn to in his our of need? Jonas Balkar of course. These guys are Batman, if you will pardon the analogy. No super natural abilities, but extremely powerful because of their cunning and strength of will. Surviving tyranny is all in a days work.

Just like my lady Gunslinger, made for each other, those two.

You think Corso's bad? I chose Darmas...

>_<

But anyways yes I will be super disappointed if Theron isn't in the expansion (or even if he has a smaller role than stupid Lana >_>)

Hahahaha!! I did that with my very first (vanilla swtor) play through. Needless to say, my smuggler was not a happy girl!

Lol not the worst way to show appreciation by crafting something with great success regularly :D As for Theron, he's clearly not the jealous type, so far he's seemed more like the quickie one :rak_03:

lol that is true! Now that I think of it, and I haven't been on my main to craft in a while, best friend Corso does a really good job at crafting. Maybe he is just of the mindset, "by gawd if you ain't gonna love me...you WILL love my craftin'!!"

Being a quickie in this game isn't all that bad. Especially for someone as non-committal as my gunslinger. ;) Some of the best "romances" (I use the term loosely because I wouldn't categorize these as a romance) I've had on my smuggler were quickies like....Numen Brock (where is he!), the Voss from, well, Voss...hell even the noble from Alderaan was a lot of fun.

Agree with everything! Especially about Jonas! Who I want, desperately, to make a re-appearance in this game. Especially for my vanguard who flirted relentlessly with that man. Plus, he's a really great character!

Now that would be an awesome scenario as well. Jonas and Theron, hunting down our frozen selves to un-thaw us.

I just wish someone would fix the thread title or make a new one!

Seriously, though. I'm too anxious about my favorite characters to enjoy any hype for KotFE. Theron's right there at the top of the list.

Hahahaha!! I did that with my very first (vanilla swtor) play through. Needless to say, my smuggler was not a happy girl!

Smuggler is the most recent storyline I finished so this is still a fresh wound lol

I took every denial option I could (even knowing it was true) "this holo is a LIE...Darmas wouldn't say that about me T_T" and so on but I literally shouted at the screen during the last confrontation with him "Why am I such a bimbo?!"

Haven't been trolled like that by a game in a while XD

Smuggler is the most recent storyline I finished so this is still a fresh wound lol

I took every denial option I could (even knowing it was true) "this holo is a LIE...Darmas wouldn't say that about me T_T" and so on but I literally shouted at the screen during the last confrontation with him "Why am I such a bimbo?!"

Haven't been trolled like that by a game in a while XD

Haha I know, right!

I sat there for a good five minutes, speechless, before plotting my revenge.

I just wish someone would fix the thread title or make a new one!

Seriously, though. I'm too anxious about my favorite characters to enjoy any hype for KotFE. Theron's right there at the top of the list.

Maybe we can get in touch with the OP, if they can change it.

I'm anxious for my favorites as well, not just Theron. I'm really anxious for Marr, and a number of companions.