Announcing Knights of the Fallen Empire

EricMusco

That is only for the ones that want to follow the same story line. A lot of roleplayers I know do not use the story line in the game for their character. Some only use the time line as a simple guide for an era for their roleplay. They prefer to have a different idea for their toons.

Each to their own, however on the server I play on (Progenitor) pretty much everyone follow the timeline and events that take place in the game. With minor exceptions from guild to guild depending on their agenda.

Point is for the majority of RPers it would help a whole lot to know the state of the galaxy during the 10 year period we won't see in the game. Which is what has been asked in the thread. Hardly an unreasonable request in my eyes.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no. People already know for a fact how everything will unfold, you know, before anyone has seen more than a trailer, a little bit of text and a few screenshots. It's going to be the death of endgame, the death of pvp, the death of pve, and of the game. Funny how I seem to recall reading about the death of the game a lot before this wholly new iteration of the game was announced.

:rolleyes:

Maybe wait a few days before you break out the torches and pitchforks?

Very excited about the next story arc in this game. That being said I am a touch concerned about the story line with Vitiate. I would like for us to be finished with that story before taking on this new Empire that puts us all on the brink. Other than that October is looking to be a very good month for swtor and for the players.

Am I missing what this whole roleplay thing is about? You're playing a character whose been frozen for X amount of years and has missed everything that has happened, so surely you need to know less not more about what happened in those intervening years?

Am I missing what this whole roleplay thing is about? You're playing a character whose been frozen for X amount of years and has missed everything that has happened, so surely you need to know less not more about what happened in those intervening years?

His / her point (as I understand it at least) is that if you roleplay in a group with 3 Jedi Knight characters, none of them roleplays as the Hero of Tython, former Padawan of Orgus Din, Master of Kira Carsen, etc., etc., since it wouldn't make sense for all three of them to be that individual. So while the Hero of Tython might get frozen, it doesn't make sense that all three of these other Jedi Knights that they are RPing as would also have been frozen.

If the characters they're RPing as weren't frozen, they'd need to know what was going on in the intervening years.

What I didn't catch (and I probably just missed it) was whether the RPers bringing this up are saying they want to know now (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me), or that they just hope we find out once KotFE launches, which I suspect we will know enough of the broad strokes by then that can adequately fill in their RP stories.

Edited by DarthDymond

His / her point (as I understand it at least) is that if you roleplay in a group with 3 Jedi Knight characters, none of them roleplays as the Hero of Tython, former Padawan of Orgus Din, Master of Kira Carsen, etc., etc., since it wouldn't make sense for all three of them to be that individual. So while the Hero of Tython might get frozen, it doesn't make sense that all three of these other Jedi Knights that they are RPing as would also have been frozen.

If the characters they're RPing as weren't frozen, they'd need to know what was going on in the intervening years.

What I didn't catch (and I probably just missed it) was whether the RPers bringing this up are saying they want to know now (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me), or that they just hope we find out once KotFE launches, which I suspect we will know enough of the broad strokes by then that can adequately fill in their RP stories.

Ah i see what they meant now thanks. I was just assuming that we'd get at least part of the story before hand and the rest/major bits filled in through the course of actually playing the story, i can't see them releasing the entire story and potential spoilers before its even out, especially if something big and significant did happen during that time.

There is alot of confusion with all these news.

I want to know exactly if we will have 8 different class stories in KOTFE, or we will have 1 story for all 8 classes.

Edited by Eres

What we're essentially saying, is that we would appreciate some background information as to the major events that transpires during the X year time jump, and a bit of basic knowledge as to the state of the galaxy. The reason for this is, that whilst the main protagonists of the game might be frozen and thus won't know these things, the character we roleplay won't - Aka, the entire Roleplaying community can hardly be frozen in carbonite all at once. Therefore some knowledge of the setting would allow us to determine what has transpired to our characters and organisations (guilds) during the time gasp as our characters would have been present when these things occurs.

Now we also realise that this knowledge might eventually be given to us. However, if we knew a bit before hand, we could fill out the blanks by roleplaying major events, bringing our characters up to speed in the terms of story and character progression, when we reach the new established game time.

You can compare it to the difference between yourself being beamed a couple of years into the future and find everything changed, or being present as things gradually transpires. The majority of characters in the roleplaying community won't be frozen in carbonite like the main protagonists, and they would have experienced the major events transpiring and been affected by it - thus we as the players behind the character need to know, or we can't RP it properly.

Keywords: Transition and background Information.

Otherwise, expansion looks quite cool in my opinion.

EDIT: It would also be nice to know the amount of years we are talking about.

Edited by Inzuher

Ah i see what they meant now thanks. I was just assuming that we'd get at least part of the story before hand and the rest/major bits filled in through the course of actually playing the story, i can't see them releasing the entire story and potential spoilers before its even out, especially if something big and significant did happen during that time.

Not asking for them to spoil the entire story obviously, but from what they've said so far it seems those 10 years in stasis won't be in the game (timeskip) and whether or not it will be explained what happened while you were gone further along the line is unclear.

It would be nice for them to let us know whether they intend to explain that or not since it won't be an active part of the game, that's all.

The "long sleep" and "what companions?" thing (an ME2 ripoff by the way) is such a said stupid joke of a storyline for established characters.

If I do bother with KotFE (since it's free), I'll just start a new character at 60, not bother with any companions at all, and start the story with that character, instead of pretending it's OK to rip apart the story and work put into an existing character.

Existing characters will just keep doing what they've been doing.

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with Vitiate. Getting real bored of this whole Emperor nonsense. In fact, it got boring a long time ago.

I believe I've interpreted the trailer though! The two brothers were chosen by the master figure, & towards the end of the cinematic as they both present two lightsabers, the Master turns away. They are both still equal. The one brother lashes out, upset with this, & ends up killing the other brother as he tries to stop the actions of the first.

The remaining brother is chosen, as the master always wanted one to rise above the other, & this was the only way. So messed up, so intense!

I'm trying to figure out how they plan to do this "Start at 60" Part.

Likely an option to start a character at level 60, but not sure if its a PAY GATE thing or FREE for SUBS to make unlimited 60's (Within reason of character slots open). I think WOW did something like that to bring people to instant 90 so they could jump into the last upgrade they had (Like SWTOR is doing with FE).

Likely an option to start a character at level 60, but not sure if its a PAY GATE thing or FREE for SUBS to make unlimited 60's (Within reason of character slots open). I think WOW did something like that to bring people to instant 90 so they could jump into the last upgrade they had (Like SWTOR is doing with FE).

It's the gear I'm mostly wondering about. A 60 without gear appropriate to their level is like a bird without wings.

I was excited about this until I read the part about the level cap going up to 65. I get that games will sometimes raise level caps, but they just did this a few months ago! It takes me a while to build up enough comms to gear myself decently, but now I'm just going to hoard them until the expansion comes out. I appreciate the advanced notice so that I don't waste my comms, but at the same time, we just went through this. Was it really necessary to do it again so soon?

I hope this level cap increase isn't a trend they're going to continue with every expansion.

I was excited about this until I read the part about the level cap going up to 65. I get that games will sometimes raise level caps, but they just did this a few months ago! It takes me a while to build up enough comms to gear myself decently, but now I'm just going to hoard them until the expansion comes out. I appreciate the advanced notice so that I don't waste my comms, but at the same time, we just went through this. Was it really necessary to do it again so soon?

I hope this level cap increase isn't a trend they're going to continue with every expansion.

Depending on how extensive each chapter of this Fallen empire is 5 levels might actually seem insufficient in the end.

The "long sleep" and "what companions?" thing (an ME2 ripoff by the way) is such a said stupid joke of a storyline for established characters.

If I do bother with KotFE (since it's free), I'll just start a new character at 60, not bother with any companions at all, and start the story with that character, instead of pretending it's OK to rip apart the story and work put into an existing character.

Existing characters will just keep doing what they've been doing.

Wah wah the story isn't happening how I want so I'll throw my toys out of the cot.

Kind of like all those people who more or less attacked GRRM over what happened at the end of the last season of Game of Thrones.

If people want things to only ever happen their way when it comes to story they should write the story themselves and stay away from stories written by other people.

Whilst I see some of the RP concerns from other people regarding the storyline ( as insanely premature as they are ) posts like the above serve no purpose at all because he is basically writing off the writing before even reading it.

Closed minds are boring minds.

This is referring to them enhancing the existing class stories, not on whether or not we're getting 8 new stories. However they never explicitly state that there is only 1 story.

I disagree, that is the page directly attributed to KotFE and it's features so I would say that that point is directly leveled towards the new content from KotFE. It doesn't seem to imply what so ever it's for existing content reading through it.

I started a thread about what will be happening to the older content because that is mentioned in a separate statement in their press release.