Announcing Knights of the Fallen Empire

EricMusco

Let's be honest. No way are they bringing back every single voice actor for our companions not to mention the time and cost to intergrate every possibilty in the new expansion. Why we are getting all the new people, to replace the ones lost.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that, first if they bring back all comps they would only be adding small new bits of dialog, which they already have, for example, all comps make a comment when you are on the gravity hook on Makeb.

Right now you can send 6 comps to do crew skills, if they do not bring back all new comps, then that will making it slow crafting and make allot of us crafters mad.

That being said I would not care if they left some out, like Skadge, which is Huttese for "he who has face like an old mans ballsack".

I was reading up on this expansion and saw the trailer last night....I'm pretty excited I have to admit -- more excited than I expected I'd react to be honest as its a been a very long time since I've been authentically excited for a game.

I know some folks are writing some massive hate for no multiplayer focus and even reminding the devs sarcastically that its called an MMO because of "Massive Multiplayer Online...." and such.... such comments doesn't really phase me anymore beyond look -- you like it you stay , you hate it you go. Its really just that simple. I'm not a new gamer...I've played tons of MMO's starting with MUDs in the 80's through the major MMORPGs of straight to today with SWTOR...so I've seen the mentality of the "community" just freak on the feature set of an expansion. Its not new and let me tell you something.....it happens with EVERY damn MMO...everyone makes you feel like that particular MMO is the worst and they have the worse decision makers that work there , etc. etc..... yet spend enough time playing a single game and looking over the forums and you find a trend....that trend is every player base has its haters no matter the game.

Anyway...I'll admit I play SWTOR like a single player game mostly -- my main draw to this game from day one (and btw I was here at original release....but I only stayed for six months initially because of real life issues...I recently returned so yeah I missed out on a lot of stuff...) was the story of the Star Wars universe. That's the "hook" of this game to me...that's the draw. The Flash points the ops, the PVP to me -- is just extra stuff ....as other MMOs I play offer pvp and raid content no biggie.....but to play to a story in the Star Wars Universe....that's why I'm here.

Really?, I am excited by this, but more excited about FO4.

My main concern is bioware have not learned from their mistakes, I am glad they learned from how bad Makeb was that in SoR you could walk more than 5 steps before running into a trash mob, but they did not learn from the boss fight.

As bad as the stupid droid imp side, the stupid slug droid, and that other one you need to be under it were on Makeb, solo Revan is even worse, do 3 moves stunned, do 3 more incapacitated, 3 more incapacitated again, so stupid and annoying, really killed the fight.

So odds are not good that TFE will have decent boss fight.

Not to mention replay, Makeb and SoR offer very little in the way of replay value, especially for those of us with several toons, only real reason to finish Yavin is to get the free 192 comp gear.

Lets also not forget how shocking they were with 3.0, shipped it with MASSIVE ability lags, sent everyone home for Xmas, and left us dying for 6 weeks before they got off they backsides and fixed it.

Edited by AussieAlan

Excited for the new expansion because the video looks awesome, but I am a little confused on the direction it is going.

1.) Is Knights of the Fallen Empire an expansion of Swtor or is it a Reboot of the game starting us all over with new game content from lvl 1? What will the game play be like for a new character that I create at lvl 1. Will it still have the same game content/story lvling experience that we had before revolving around the sacking of Coruscant and beyond? or will it be replaced with the Fallen Story line? What will happen with my lvl 25 and 35 characters where I have not yet finished with their story lines? Will they also be erased to make way for the new Fallen content? or will we still be able to play the Sacking of Coruscant chapters 1-3 of the classes just as before?

2.) You stated you wanted this expansion to be more along the lines of KOTOR in story but does that mean that you are eliminating the whole Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) experience of team work and questing together on the planets thus making it more of a Solo mode game play with the option of Co-Op Flash Points/Operations only?

3.) Where do we stand as far as Guild's and Factions go? Will we still have the Republic and Sith factions? Will there now be a 3rd Faction, the New Empire? How does this relate to PvP in both World PvP as well as WarZones? Is it going to be a free for all or will we still have the Republic or Sith factions as well as guilds for both sides.

A lot of these and more questions seem to be floating around the Forums. I would like to basically know some of the answers because the description sounds more like a Reboot of the game moving towards a Solo adventure rather than a the MMO that we all are accustomed to playing.

Excited for the new expansion because the video looks awesome, but I am a little confused on the direction it is going.

1.) Is Knights of the Fallen Empire an expansion of Swtor or is it a Reboot of the game starting us all over with new game content from lvl 1? What will the game play be like for a new character that I create at lvl 1. Will it still have the same game content/story lvling experience that we had before revolving around the sacking of Coruscant and beyond? or will it be replaced with the Fallen Story line? What will happen with my lvl 25 and 35 characters where I have not yet finished with their story lines? Will they also be erased to make way for the new Fallen content? or will we still be able to play the Sacking of Coruscant chapters 1-3 of the classes just as before?

2.) You stated you wanted this expansion to be more along the lines of KOTOR in story but does that mean that you are eliminating the whole Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) experience of team work and questing together on the planets thus making it more of a Solo mode game play with the option of Co-Op Flash Points/Operations only?

3.) Where do we stand as far as Guild's and Factions go? Will we still have the Republic and Sith factions? Will there now be a 3rd Faction, the New Empire? How does this relate to PvP in both World PvP as well as WarZones? Is it going to be a free for all or will we still have the Republic or Sith factions as well as guilds for both sides.

A lot of these and more questions seem to be floating around the Forums. I would like to basically know some of the answers because the description sounds more like a Reboot of the game moving towards a Solo adventure rather than a the MMO that we all are accustomed to playing.

1) Remains exactly the same as before, albeit they saying they are "enhancing it", assuming probably some QoL updates regarding travel and leveling and such, though no information about it is available at the time.

2) They are rescaling all the ops and flashpoints for lvl 65 as well as providing incentives for running the content. While that certainly isn't pleasing to the raider types, it seems to indicate they haven't abandoned it entirely and they said they will be developing OPs after the release of KoTFE.

3) They already said we won't be having cross faction blended teams, so I assume nothing is going to change there.

Edited by Nickious

They are supposedly going to make leveling easier, my guess is probably keeping 12x xp for subs, maybe a boost for f2p, to make things less of a grind.

I doubt there will be changes to travel, how can they, us subs get zero second cd for fleet pass, QT, ship transport, Rishi, Yavin ect.

There are only 3 ways they can reduce traveling, smaller/short new planets, for old ones, reduce the level at which you can get a mount, and or reduce the cd for rocket boost/boots from 30 seconds to 0.

Had such high hopes for KotFE, but with it basically being a single player game I'll probably just play it a couple of times then put it with all my other single player games I play once every couple of years for nostalgia sake (though, if I can't play it without a sub then I will probably just stop playing all together. Pretty much every computer game I play with any sense of regularity I can play with friends (in my opinion, I'd much rather play a game with my friends than by myself). In fact, I almost never play SWTOR unless one of my friends is playing too, and in the off chance I do, I almost never last longer than an hour playing before I get bored and switch to some game on Steam that a friend is playing.

In my opinion, and that is all it is, MY OPINION, KotFE should be a separate game, not an expansion of SWTOR if they are going to change it from truly multiplayer to only having some multiplayer aspects. And, since it appears it is going to be locked down to subscribers only (can't buy the expansion individually like you can the rest of them) it may as well be a separate game.

I have always thought paying monthly for a single player game was a stupid idea. I have no problem with a subscription to an MMO, I have paid those many times for many different MMOs, but I feel if a game is single player (or predominantly single player as this seems to be, it should be a one time purchase. I know if KotOR and KotOR 2 had required subscriptions I never would have played them, and I seriously doubt many others would have either.

Personally, I'll probably continue to play SWTOR (at least while my friends do) but will stop character progression when I hit the KotFE "storyline"

I was reading up on this expansion and saw the trailer last night....I'm pretty excited I have to admit -- more excited than I expected I'd react to be honest as its a been a very long time since I've been authentically excited for a game.

I know some folks are writing some massive hate for no multiplayer focus and even reminding the devs sarcastically that its called an MMO because of "Massive Multiplayer Online...." and such.... such comments doesn't really phase me anymore beyond look -- you like it you stay , you hate it you go. Its really just that simple. I'm not a new gamer...I've played tons of MMO's starting with MUDs in the 80's through the major MMORPGs of straight to today with SWTOR...so I've seen the mentality of the "community" just freak on the feature set of an expansion. Its not new and let me tell you something.....it happens with EVERY damn MMO...everyone makes you feel like that particular MMO is the worst and they have the worse decision makers that work there , etc. etc..... yet spend enough time playing a single game and looking over the forums and you find a trend....that trend is every player base has its haters no matter the game.

Anyway...I'll admit I play SWTOR like a single player game mostly -- my main draw to this game from day one (and btw I was here at original release....but I only stayed for six months initially because of real life issues...I recently returned so yeah I missed out on a lot of stuff...) was the story of the Star Wars universe. That's the "hook" of this game to me...that's the draw. The Flash points the ops, the PVP to me -- is just extra stuff ....as other MMOs I play offer pvp and raid content no biggie.....but to play to a story in the Star Wars Universe....that's why I'm here.

great post...the story is what drew me to this game and the most enjoyable part has been following the storyline of each class....really looking forward to some new story arcs...grinding for comms on FP's and in WZ can get old. I have played the game from day 1 and had started to quit playing for a week or two at a time...this drew me back in, leveling up a couple of ALTS and getting new gear for my two mains. If you want the comradeship of FP's and OPS there are a ton of them on here you can still run em' all day once this expansion drops. Yavin had a little story content to it, but walking up to an NPC, having a mission pop up with no conversation was lame.

I like the idea that you can make choices and there are actual ramifications...it should make it re-playable as well....will probably play it lightside with my Sith and darkside with my Jedi

Sorry if the answer is out there and I've missed it, but I did read several articles and didn't see a clear answer:

This "Outlander" can be male or female, right? The opening quote: "A man can have anything...

If he's willing to sacrifice everything." seems pretty pro-male protagonist.

But, this is Bioware, so I hope the choice is still there, but I was just hoping for confirmation.

Sorry if the answer is out there and I've missed it, but I did read several articles and didn't see a clear answer:

This "Outlander" can be male or female, right? The opening quote: "A man can have anything...

But, this is Bioware, so I hope the choice is still there, but I was just hoping for confirmation.

The quote was from Emperor Valkron, referring to himself. The trailer has nothing to do with us, the player characters. Of course the Outlander can be either male or female.

Seriously, the outlander can be male or female, and any class, any advance class, any species.

It is just a continuation of all your current characters you have made.

It is pro male protagonist, the main villain is the Emperor.

If you are playing the game right now, you are playing the Outlander already... just not to that point in the story yet. This is an expansion, not a brand new game.

The quote was from Emperor Valkron, referring to himself. The trailer has nothing to do with us, the player characters. Of course the Outlander can be either male or female.

Seriously, the outlander can be male or female, and any class, any advance class, any species.

It is just a continuation of all your current characters you have made.

It is pro male protagonist, the main villain is the Emperor.

If you are playing the game right now, you are playing the Outlander already... just not to that point in the story yet. This is an expansion, not a brand new game.

Thank you all! I appreciate it! :)

i wanted to ask a question and have been pondering it for a while since the announcement... if you were to pick an already existing level 60 character does that mean that you are restricted to the class that has already been picked out for your character or can you then choose a different class for this storyline??? been bugging me so would really like an answer... :)

In 84 days, give or take a day, we'll all find out what all the hubbub is all about.

I'm sure we'll get a another teaser a couple weeks before early access, maybe even earlier than that.

Maybe even a PTS adventure, who knows?

All I can say is, everybody who is all wound up for KOTFE needs to relax and quit getting all uptight about it.

If the devs came out and gave it all away right now, the forums would be bombarded with all the hate and love replies that the website would go down. :p

Chill the hell out!!! :p:eek:;):D

From a story point, the new expansion seems fun. But for my main character, I have spent a lot of time on building the affection levels for companions (mostly for completing stories for the companions), I will probably wait to continue the story with my main character until I know what happens to the companions. Personally, I want to at least have more companions available to me at the end of the day, even if not all current companions can be recruited again.

Then again, we get a free Lv. 60, so we really can treat this as a new game / sequel and actually have fun and play it without worrying about our other characters.

My biggest concern with the new expansion is that all your level 60s will be pushed into it whether you want them to start it or not. I have no desire to nosedive into the new content until I'm ready.

Who says you go into it immediately whether you want to or not? Like with ROTHC and SOR you won't start KOTFE until you start the mission from your console aboard your starship.