EA E3 press release is talking about an expansion called Knights of the Fallen Empire

znihilist

I hope no level cap increase. Introduction of lateral character development appeals to me far more than vertical.

^ I agree...

I like a level increase from time to time... Maybe once every two years...

Again in 6 months is way too soon, a lot of people don't even have their 60's geared up. A new set of levels and gear and everything would be WAY too soon now...

IMHO...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been talked about well before this presser, but...

What about the idea that the Fallen Empire refers to the Rakata Empire? There could be something there. Knight isn't a jedi copyright exclusive.

i would advise many of you that are referring to "The Old Republic" in this context to read up on how the term "Fallen Empire" refers to the upcoming "Episode 7" potential lore.

In short, this may not be old republic anymore at all, but may be a leap forward to coincide with the new series of movies and the more modern star wars time-frame.

Let be honest, the old republic needs to run its course at some point, with the new films, this is the perfeect time to make that change.

Absolutely Ridiculous.

^ I agree...

I like a level increase from time to time... Maybe once every two years...

Again in 6 months is way too soon, a lot of people don't even have their 60's geared up. A new set of levels and gear and everything would be WAY too soon now...

IMHO...

Well, consider how the Ravagers glitch/exploit resulted in a large chunk of the population ending up in 192/198 stuff within a few weeks of launch. I wouldn't blame them for wanting a 'do-over' with a new level increase. A new set of tier gear would accomplish 'some' of that do-over, but not quite as good as a new level cap.

Oh wow, it's even getting new CGI Trailer? :eek: EA's renewed commitement to the game is almost shocking :eek:

EDIT: Big clean version

Nice armor on the knight on the right side. Bit of a space-marine face though, I guess it is EA trailer afterall :p

Edited by Pietrastor

Can it please NOT be Theron and Lana?

No waifubait pls.

The ideal for me, is jawas festival with a slave bazaar or something and be able recruit 1 or 2 from the many captured...slaves if you wanna call it.

Edited by Oyranos

Oh wow, it's even getting new CGI Trailer? :eek: EA's renewed commitement to the game is almost shocking :eek:

EDIT: Big clean version

Nice armor on the knight on the right side. Bit of a space-marine face though, I guess it is EA trailer afterall :p

I'd love another CGI trailer, but not at the expense of man hours on content.

Oh.

BACK TO TATOOINE!

Though it really isn't that boring of a dustball with all this history to it, is it?

Maybe. Episode VII is on a desert world that isn't Tattooine...

We've been talking about how they should try to connect TOR with the next movie for PR purposes...

I mean money. Take the money and use it dev side.
I guess, but a game like this needs marketing too and CGI trailers keep getting made in the industry because they're simply effective. Blame me, you and other gamers who 'buy' them

Anyway, Official Twitter just posted second image from the new CGI trailer

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHVdD7oWIAM9E9e.jpg:large

Edited by Pietrastor

The two force users are wearing the same outfit, just different colors. And they look to be executing one of the surviving Jedi.

I can't wait to see the video. I'm glad that it looks like they're devoting more to the game's budget. Between a new CGI trailer and a full expansion so soon after the last. I can't imagine them putting this much effort into just another GSF sized expansion.

Edited by MillionsKNives

This is actually very encouraging. That looks just like the planet Jakku in the background.

The DICE guys were given access to new movie material and content to integrate into their game to align with the Episode VII release. In fact, Battlefront will have a Battle for Jakku map where players can battle on the planet one month before release of the movie.

It's a good sign that Bee-Dubya is being included in the mix as well. Looks to me like Disney/EA wants to keep the SWTOR doors open and operating.

Edited by DarthOvertone