Which Stronghold are you going to Dump?

Lunafox

Is it possible for a person to create a f2p account, and then purchase the Yavin stronghold on that account so that they can give keys for it to characters in their main account. If so, is it also possible for the characters on the main account to unlock rooms and basically use the f2p accounts stronghold like they would a fifth stronghold?

You can unlock it on a F2P account, but there's no way to give someone else unlocking privileges to your Stronghold.

So your main account couldn't go there and unlock the rooms, you'd have to do it all on the F2P, which would be a very pricey investment since you'd be stuck with the leveling cap.

Unless you subbed for a month on the F2P account and transferred a massive amount of credits to it. :p

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy decision for me, dumping Nar Shaddaa for Yavin.

If youre leveling chars still, both homeworld SH's are very handy for utility, not having to go through the hanger/starport is a huge time saver, that leaves Nar and Tat for me, and out of those 2, I like Tat better.

Nar is a foyer, that leads into another foyer, that has 2 doors to another smaller foyer, followed by going down to the stairs to you guessed it, another foyer... yawn. :rolleyes:

Yeah but Nar Shaddaa has a much more convenient exit terminal than Tatooine. You waste as much time departing tatooine SH as you do traversing the spaceport at DK.

Neither my BF nor I ever purchased Tattooine, and neither of us are likely to be purchasing Yavin, either. Neither of them is particularly appealing, for us.

That said, I'd drop one (probably Coruscant) in a heartbeat in order to pick up both Manaan and Voss, if they were ever to be released.

Edited by ShyNyny

Yeah but Nar Shaddaa has a much more convenient exit terminal than Tatooine. You waste as much time departing tatooine SH as you do traversing the spaceport at DK.

The exit terminal is only relevant if youre a big fan of RP since you can just click the exit button at your map from...anywhere.

I personally don't plan on dumping any of them yet. Although I really wish I'd left Tatooine alone (bad choice for me personally). I invested a lot into that one. But ... hey ... live and learn.

I'm hoping for a really cool place to be developed one day on the outer rim sort of like the living quarters of the Kamino's or even a more rugged out door type . The whole Yavin 4 thing just seems too caught up in a different atmosphere that ( just for me personally ) doesn't work.

I know that there are a lot that like it ... hey that's cool ! NP at all. In the mean time I'll just sit tight and wait !

( yeah I know ... I maybe waiting a bit ... but that's OK ! )

;)

(I hope that makes sense ) ...

You just deactivate it via the Stronghold Menu.

Depending on how you bought it, you have to pay a fee to activate it again.

Which means.. if you bought it with Cartel Coins, you can reactivate it for free - if you bought it with Credits, you gonna have to pay a small fee.

That "small fee" is the purchase price of the stronghold. Reactivating your Coruscant or DK personal stronghold won't cost more than 5000 credits, but you'll have to shell out another 2.5 million to get your Tatooine SH back.

It was stated at one point that you could reactivate with Cartel Coins instead of credits and thereafter, future reactivations would be free (as though you had made the original purchase with CC).

You can unlock it on a F2P account, but there's no way to give someone else unlocking privileges to your Stronghold.

So your main account couldn't go there and unlock the rooms, you'd have to do it all on the F2P, which would be a very pricey investment since you'd be stuck with the leveling cap.

Unless you subbed for a month on the F2P account and transferred a massive amount of credits to it. :p

Thanks for the response.

Maybe it makes more sense then to abandon DK and pick it up with the f2p account and then just acquire the Yavin stronghold on the main account. After all DK is cheap and I only really use it for convenience so loosing the extra rooms really wouldn't be a big deal. Also, doing that would also free up all of the decorations currently in my DK stronghold for use in Yavin on my main account.

In addition, if a lot of people did this then BioWare/EA could announce that the introduction of the Yavin stronghold brought about a significant increase in the number of accounts created, and maybe that would lead to additional funding for the game in order to capitalize on the influx of new accounts. Ok, I know that I went a little to far with that one, but additional funding for more new content would be nice.

Is it possible for a person to create a f2p account, and then purchase the Yavin stronghold on that account so that they can give keys for it to characters in their main account. If so, is it also possible for the characters on the main account to unlock rooms and basically use the f2p accounts stronghold like they would a fifth stronghold?

F2P account can only have 350k Credits. I doubt that's enough to buy Yavin 4 and upgrade it to max.

Also.. you can't give gold keys to othre player - which is what you need to modify anything inside the stronghold.

Simple Answer.. NO.

I still have room for Yavin IV if I want it, since Coruscant and Tatooine are ugly, ugly planets. But if the Yavin IV stronghold costs millions of credits like Tatooine, I think I'll stick to Dromund Kaas and Nar Shaddaa. Edited by Sangiban

The "four strongholds limit" is per server right?

So I can have the first 4 unlocked on my main server, and Yavin unlocked on a different server, right? That's the way I have interpreted it. Ill get a Yavin 4 and do it that way if the game will let me.

I wont be dumping any. I could buy Yavin since I didn't do Tatooine, but I wont. The price for these things is ridiculous. I wont support it with my wallet, even though I have over 7000cc just setting there with nothing to buy. It is the principle of it that I don't support.

I think the fact that people bought a stronghold that they now have to turn off and essentially delete and WASTE all they spent on it is a gigantic slap in the face to players. It is a dirty move.

"scratches head" :confused: Huh? You do realize you can just Exit Area at any time right?

Edited by DarthVengeant

I wont be dumping any. I could buy Yavin since I didn't do Tatooine, but I wont. The price for these things is ridiculous. I wont support it with my wallet, even though I have over 7000cc just setting there with nothing to buy. It is the principle of it that I don't support.

I think the fact that people bought a stronghold that they now have to turn off and essentially delete and WASTE all they spent on it is a gigantic slap in the face to players. It is a dirty move.

"scratches head" :confused: Huh? You do realize you can just Exit Area at any time right?

...Please tell me you're trolling. Please tell me you're not serious when using that phrase.

n any case, they've said before that the four strongholds limit has to do with performance issues and that they'll look into it but can't promise lifting it. In the stream they once again saiud they checked, but it didn't work out how they wanted -- considering that this *dissuades* players from buying yavin and any other new strongholds rather than encourages them, I doubt they'd leave it in place if they could get around the performance issues. It has nothing to do with a ~slap in the face~ as much as this forums loves that phrase.

And um... you do realize.... you don't have to use CC? You can use credits? They're not really cheating you out of money or anything lmao. Like, yes, the prices are pretty high but it's.... it's nothing that can't be gotten relatively easily by the time 3.3 rolls around. So exaggeration much?

Re: thread topic, I never saw the point of owning a homestead in a freaking desert and literally none of my characters would actually want to love on Tatooine, but my main is a Sith Inquisitor and would love a temple so I'm gonna get it as my fourth. If they release any more strongholds that I'll like Nar is gonna go and after that..... probably Coruscant since I play more impside :/

Thanks for the response.

Maybe it makes more sense then to abandon DK and pick it up with the f2p account and then just acquire the Yavin stronghold on the main account. After all DK is cheap and I only really use it for convenience so loosing the extra rooms really wouldn't be a big deal. Also, doing that would also free up all of the decorations currently in my DK stronghold for use in Yavin on my main account.

In addition, if a lot of people did this then BioWare/EA could announce that the introduction of the Yavin stronghold brought about a significant increase in the number of accounts created, and maybe that would lead to additional funding for the game in order to capitalize on the influx of new accounts. Ok, I know that I went a little to far with that one, but additional funding for more new content would be nice.

F2P accounts are only relevant when it comes to the cash that they are bringing in, so I doubt it would make any difference for BW even if we all made one. Unless we all bought CC on them of course. :p

But yeah, it can serve as a work around. I might eventually get the Yavin Stronghold on my own second (preferred) account, or simply see if I can make a personal guild and get it as "guild" Stronghold. (Most of my characters are guildless nowadays anyway)

I'll dump either DK or Coruscant. I have all strongholds fully unlocked, so it's a shame to lose access to any of them I guess, but those 2 would be the cheapest to reactivate at some point in the future. Nar Shaddaa is my main stronghold, and after spending all those credits unlocking Tatooine it would really suck to deactivate it.

...Please tell me you're trolling. Please tell me you're not serious when using that phrase.

n any case, they've said before that the four strongholds limit has to do with performance issues and that they'll look into it but can't promise lifting it. In the stream they once again saiud they checked, but it didn't work out how they wanted -- considering that this *dissuades* players from buying yavin and any other new strongholds rather than encourages them, I doubt they'd leave it in place if they could get around the performance issues. It has nothing to do with a ~slap in the face~ as much as this forums loves that phrase.

And um... you do realize.... you don't have to use CC? You can use credits? They're not really cheating you out of money or anything lmao. Like, yes, the prices are pretty high but it's.... it's nothing that can't be gotten relatively easily by the time 3.3 rolls around. So exaggeration much?

Re: thread topic, I never saw the point of owning a homestead in a freaking desert and literally none of my characters would actually want to love on Tatooine, but my main is a Sith Inquisitor and would love a temple so I'm gonna get it as my fourth. If they release any more strongholds that I'll like Nar is gonna go and after that..... probably Coruscant since I play more impside :/

So because I have different preferences in my games I am trolling? Because someone purchased something with lots of credits/cartel coins they should not be upset that they have to essentially throw it away to buy more? Performance issue or not, it is a extremely negative impact on people wanting to buy another.

Yes, I am well aware you can buy them with credits, way too many credits for my tastes on something like this. I don't spend millions of credits on things in the game. I actually like to log in and enjoy my game, not continually grind to get 10 millions of credits just to spend on crap like this. No, it is not an exaggeration, it is a personal preference.

Tatooine. I never bought it. Too expensive for my tolerance and I dislike sand/deserts. I have Nar Shadda and DK fully unlocked and 100% full of unique decos, that is enough for me.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Coruscant. Never liked it. Too sterile and boring.

Turned DK into a Sith wonderland but it just doesn't feel right. Turned Tatooine into a Republic Fire Base and it looks awesome and I'm turning Nar Shaada into a High Rollers nightclub which seemed to be a no brainer.

Not sure what I'll do with Yavin IV. I'm hoping there are a lot of centerpiece hooks considering the number of massive statues I've collected thinking they were smaller...

So because I have different preferences in my games I am trolling? Because someone purchased something with lots of credits/cartel coins they should not be upset that they have to essentially throw it away to buy more? Performance issue or not, it is a extremely negative impact on people wanting to buy another.

Yes, I am well aware you can buy them with credits, way too many credits for my tastes on something like this. I don't spend millions of credits on things in the game. I actually like to log in and enjoy my game, not continually grind to get 10 millions of credits just to spend on crap like this. No, it is not an exaggeration, it is a personal preference.

Tatooine. I never bought it. Too expensive for my tolerance and I dislike sand/deserts. I have Nar Shadda and DK fully unlocked and 100% full of unique decos, that is enough for me.

No, I was hoping that your use of the phrase a "slap to the face" was trolling, both because of, well, that entire phrase never being anything but ridiculous and because you were basically saying "them not being able to lift the stronghold limit, which everyone knew was a possibility, because of performance issues is the same as them physically assaulting me". Nothing to do with your tastes at all.

And again, people were told when strongholds came out that if you get all 4, you might have to deactivate one? Buying all four and now having to potentially deactivate one was a risk they decided to take. I'm not happy that the limit has to stay, but I see no reason to be upset at the developers all things considered. It's not as if they rolled dice and were like "it's a 4! sorry guys only 4 strongholds allowed."

Also, credits are ridiculously easy to get. 10 million is nothing. It doesn't require any grinding unless "occasionally clicking a few extra things in the crew skill window and the gtn" is considered grinding now.

The irony is that the "max-4" decision will mostly affect those who would have been the most likely buyers of the new one.

When certain players are willing to spend time and resources on getting and decorating their current four, it should have been a clear indicator that this group of people are into strongholds and love that whole aspect of the game. They should have been identified as prime potential buyers for the new one. Players who have less than four are less likely to buy or unlock all the rooms if they did buy for the same reason they never bought/unlocked the original four - luck of money, luck of time, luck of interest in decorating, only use one room since that's all they need, not much into strongholds all together, etc. (a particular planet haters could be an exception, but they may hate Yavin too). And those who use strongholds mostly for conquest points bonus are even less likely to buy since there is no incentive for them.

Not sure how BW marketing team could have missed it. Or had they no say in the matter?

QFT.

I'm one of those who, since SH has come out, spent about 20-30 million credits (between it being brand new and today) and probably, oh, I'd say maybe $300-700 in cartel coins (between it being brand new and today) JUST to buy decorations and cartel packs WITH decorations in them.

So, people like me, who have ALL the strongholds, who have purchased ALL the unlocks for them, and have spent HOURS and sometimes DAYS decorating and sometimes redecorating each stronghold not for the Conquest bonuses but because we want our strongholds to LOOK nice, would REALLY be the ones to buy the Yavin stronghold, spend the real life and in game money on decorations AND want to keep the ones we still have because we've spent so much time decorating them. I mean REALLY decorating them, not just tossing chairs, beds and trophies in them and making them look like ****.

None.

The limit staying at only 4 strongholds is a Yavin killer for me.

Sad. It is kinda pretty. But I will have to pass.

Same here

I invested tons of money and time having 4 strongholds and decorating all of them and some of my toons "live" there so as John said, ill pass

None, going to wait for Manaan :D

For me I hope it's rishi. While I would love manaan, Having a SH on Rishi would give a nice travel perk there with a short cool down. Plus, the peeps over on manaan are kinda like the voss and their not to interested in outsiders.

A rishi one just makes sense.