Big announcement speculation

Savej

At first I was thinking "new slot machines with the original rewards". But that would cut into cartel pack sales. So after thinking about it some more, what I think would really floor people would be ... "hood toggles". Now granted, showing a video of a character in game lowering and raising a hood would make for a short E3 presentation and the response might be quiet for a little while until the next presenter gets shuffled in. But I can promise that neighboring apartments to mine will think my team just won the superbowl with a last second hail Mary. It would make my gaming year and the response on these boards and others would be nothing but ecstatic. Really, when you think about it and the new movie coming out soon, what else could they have been referring to? Edited by Savej

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after thinking about it some more, what I think would really floor people would be ... "hood toggles".

Hood toggle isn't really E3 worthy. I seriously doubt it will be features or systems, but PvE/story content coming out around the time of Star Wars Episode 7. It only makes sense to have an expansion at that time and to try to draw in a bigger crowd, as the movie tie in gives the IP so much publicity that people will want to check the game out. Add a new expansion and some more story, what Bioware is known for, and then they get to capitalize on that publicity. Anything but this would not be a smart business move.

CZ's level 55 world, isn't it? And it was released after Origin, right? If so, then I suspect we'd be getting a new dailies zone on a CZ size, maybe not much of a plot or anything, but just another place to grind out those rep points.

That's what I'm betting money on, anyway.

Possibly a hint of an announcement of them cranking (rushing) another expansion, but I'd rather they didn't if only to fix the problems with the current one (SoR romances being ignored Impside).

Edited by LyraineAlei

Either 4.0: Fallen Empire in April 2016 or later, or 3.4: Fallen empire in Oct-Dec 2015 and they are using E3 to hype an ordinary content patch cos they are just that desperate.

There is absolutely no way in hell 4.0 is this year, that's just way too optimistic.

Edited by DarthZaul

new expansion, new update on continuing story, new expansion of PVP and potentially GSF maps.

and to suck out our souls, including a port to consoles so we can play with bunch of controller junkies (which would help explain the new changes in watchman)

For reference, this was SWTOR's part in the Gamescom press conference: http://www.twitch.tv/ea/c/4961164?t=49m01s It was basically a background video to show SWTOR's features and then a new trailer on strongholds. I highly doubt the E3 presentation will be any bigger.

In contrast, Battlefront will take the center stage with a new Gameplay video that can easily be 5-15 minutes in length. (http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/dear-galaxy)

I'm thinking SWTOR could be shown directly before or after Battlefront so that they have all Star Wars games in one place.

Content-wise, my speculation is that Fallen Empire will be the story update we are getting later this year. So think 1-2 new planets and 1-2 new operations. It's still hard to say whether or not it will be an expansion or game update. I'm hoping for just a game update of course because Shadow of Revan was way too fresh and too expensive to ask for our money again. Given that 12XP ends in fall, it is possible that Fallen Empire will arrive in fall already but they could just as well go for a November/December release to coincide with the movies.

The story shouldn't be too big of a surprise, the Emperor trying to take over the galaxy and us having to stop him. "Fallen Empire" could mean anything but they cannot dissolve the Empire for lore reasons when more than half the players play Imperial characters. And of course it is going to be a happy ending and we save the galaxy etc.

"Hidden in the galaxy remained a secret" was their teaser and we also received the concept art of the Sky Needle with a throne room on top on some random planet and some KotOR-esque spaceships in the background. Hard to know what it means without more details.

So they haven't given us too much concrete information but we'll know more in two weeks. :)

Edited by Jerba

Either 4.0: Fallen Empire in April 2016 or later, or 3.4: Fallen empire in Oct-Dec 2015 and they are using E3 to hype an ordinary content patch cos they are just that desperate.

There is absolutely no way in hell 4.0 is this year, that's just way too optimistic.

Episode 7 is in December. There will be a 4.0 between mid-November and mid-January. Anything else would be financially irresponsible of EA.

Episode 7 is in December. There will be a 4.0 between mid-November and mid-January. Anything else would be financially irresponsible of EA.

They will do something in December but it won't be 4.0. It's way too soon for a level cap increase and they don't have anywhere near enough manpower to make an expansion in only a year.

They will do something in December but it won't be 4.0. It's way too soon for a level cap increase and they don't have anywhere near enough manpower to make an expansion in only a year.

Who said they have to do a level cap increase to be 4.0? I hope by now they've realized that every level cap raise makes old content irrelevant. Horizontal progression is probably the way to go for now. FFXI did level cap raises a couple of times, then paused for about a decade. We should do something similar to help build up a ton of endgame content.

They do have more manpower than they did last year. Shadow Realms was shutdown and those employees re-assigned to SWTOR.

My money is on a 4.0 expansion in December, though I doubt it'll be a level cap increase this time.

As to what Fallen Empire means, I only see two possibilities:

The Empire collapses. This is highly unlikely since they seem to like the common enemy thing now. Amongst other reasons.

A new common enemy arises that is even more twisted and dark than the Empire, hence Fallen Empire. Perhaps return of the Rakata?

They said today they were very excited about it, so I cannot see it just being a little daily area and flashpoint. This is going to be pretty big.