PSA: Warzone Medpacs do NOT heal for the displayed 35%

Kaos_KidSWTOR

This is a friendly PSA about Warzone Medpacs.

They do NOT heal for the displayed 35% health, they only heal for around 20%. I was in a Warzone match, running away from a target who disengaged from me, i was at 1% HP, and used one, I only recovered to 25% HP, I had no attacks going off on me, and no DoT's ticking (besides a DoT would not tick for 15% of my HP in one to 2 ticks...)

They do NOT heal for the displayed 35% health, they only heal for around 20%. I was in a Warzone match, running away from a target who disengaged from me, i was at 1% HP, and used one, I only recovered to 25% HP, I had no attacks going off on me, and no DoT's ticking (besides a DoT would not tick for 15% of my HP in one to 2 ticks...)

Maybe trauma from tank/sent/sniper?

Maybe trauma from tank/sent/sniper?

Trauma should not affect Medpacs, though it is plausable, if so. That should be fixed. I did not check and see if i had Trauma from an attack, I did though have the PvP trauma debuff, but that has not affected Warzone Medpacs before.

Dude, you posted on the forums with a giant PSA and you didn't think to test it a second time... Whomp whomp xD

I'm also gonna venture a guess that you are a Jugg/Guardian mayhaps?

yeah. they're dumb! :p

Dude, you posted on the forums with a giant PSA and you didn't think to test it a second time... Whomp whomp xD

I'm also gonna venture a guess that you are a Jugg/Guardian mayhaps?

Actually i'm a Marauder. So, wrong. And, it's kinda hard to test this stuff... If i can get a testing partner and more Warzone Medpacs, I can do further research. (I'm on The Harbinger if you want to help test this.)

Actually i'm a Marauder. So, wrong. And, it's kinda hard to test this stuff... If i can get a testing partner and more Warzone Medpacs, I can do further research. (I'm on The Harbinger if you want to help test this.)

All you have to do then is camo out, then pop a medpac..?

All you have to do then is camo out, then pop a medpac..?

Camo was on CD. Had to pop it to get back to them after they knocked me back (I was fighting a Slinger) I don't think that Expunging Camo removes Trauma, even though it IS cleanseable.

Camo was on CD. Had to pop it to get back to them after they knocked me back (I was fighting a Slinger) I don't think that Expunging Camo removes Trauma, even though it IS cleanseable.

Okay, if you want to test anything, it is good practice to test it multiple times. Saying something happened once maybe is not worth making a whole thread about xD

What you should have done before, and can do now, is to get into a WZ, get pew pew'd, camo, then use a medpac.

GG <3

Sometimes they don't work period... It won't even heal you at all... But I put that down to lag... Unfortunately it wastes a med pack when it happens

Huh.

I just looked through some PvP parses from earlier tonight.

Most of the time, the medpac was doing a little over 14k. Sometimes, it was doing a little under 14k (forgot to buff, d'oh!). But a few times, it only did 11.5k - the same amount twice in a row, during two consecutive phases of an extended Novare node battle.

It doesn't *look* like player-triggered trauma was active... in fact, in one case it looks like that had just worn off before the medpac application. Nor does it look like simple overhealing, since the same number recurred twice.

Anyone else want to dig through Starparse logs to see what values they're getting?

Edited by flem