Which Race(s) would you like to see added after Togruta?

Anaesha

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make OP aware. Avast Antivirus flagged the poll site as a trojan.

Most likely a False Positive. Certain antivirus programs are a little over zealous and flag items as viruses even when they are completely harmless.

Update

Nautolan 51 Votes

Kel Dor 36 Votes

Kaleesh 22 Votes

Bothan 21 Votes

Rodian 18 Votes

Zeltron 17 Votes

Mon Calamari 14 Votes

Farghul 7 Votes

Update

Nautolan 51 Votes

Kel Dor 36 Votes

Kaleesh 22 Votes

Bothan 21 Votes

Rodian 18 Votes

Zeltron 17 Votes

Mon Calamari 14 Votes

Farghul 7 Votes

Wow, Nauto's are racking up the votes. Nice.

I would be interested to see the results if you could only choose one race as opposed to being able to vote for multiple. Wonder how many of the other votes would have gone to Nautolan if people only had one vote to use. :cool:

sidenote: ran the site through Malzilla and other than a few obnoxious redirects nothing overtly malicious. :)

Edited by OranoQuanteras
Quoting error

Wow, Nauto's are racking up the votes. Nice.

I would be interested to see the results if you could only choose one race as opposed to being able to vote for multiple. Wonder how many of the other votes would have gone to Nautolan if people only had one vote to use. :cool:

sidenote: ran the site through Malzilla and other than a few obnoxious redirects nothing overtly malicious. :)

Yeah if I had allowed only a single vote per user Nautolons might have more then they do.

Yeah I figure if someone else gets a warning of a virus and I or others don't then it's probably a False positive as for the redirects a good program like ad blocker plus should stop that.

Voss? :)

How are they not boring? They're just recolored humans. The thing that people have the biggest complaint about when it comes to the races.

Also the Voss are hardly an unpopular choice when it comes to the player base. They usually ranked somewhat high so I don't know where you're getting they idea that they didn't/wouldn't.

How are they not boring? They're just recolored humans. The thing that people have the biggest complaint about when it comes to the races.

Also the Voss are hardly an unpopular choice when it comes to the player base. They usually ranked somewhat high so I don't know where you're getting they idea that they didn't/wouldn't.

They are more then recolored humans considering they appear to have compound eyes which humans don't have.

Yeah, I got the same notice...or I would have added my vote to the site.

Crap! I voted. Fortunately it was on a tablet which those things don't really affect.

Edit: after reading the other posts on this, I think I'm fine.

On a side note, the playable species that I would really like to see is trandoshan. They work with existing armor (except gloves, boots, and helmets which I can see those just not showing on them like Qyzen Fess). They are capable of speaking basic, although that would be akward so I suggest using the trandoshan voices already in the game and using subtitles. As for romance, who cares!

Edited by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

They are more then recolored humans considering they appear to have compound eyes which humans don't have.

As stated below your post it's just a different texture map.

I personally like the Voss and think they could be cool, voice modulation and all, however the most common complaint people make about the races is that they're generally recolored humans. There really isn't anyway around that though at this point as the playable races need to work within the confines of what already exists in the game (cutscenes, armor, etc)

As stated below your post it's just a different texture map.

I personally like the Voss and think they could be cool, voice modulation and all, however the most common complaint people make about the races is that they're generally recolored humans. There really isn't anyway around that though at this point as the playable races need to work within the confines of what already exists in the game (cutscenes, armor, etc)

What I find funny though is that people complain about all the races being mostly recolored humans then as you notice with the poll they vote for races like Zeltron which are basically just humans with various shades of pink skin.

What I find funny though is that people complain about all the races being mostly recolored humans then as you notice with the poll they vote for races like Zeltron which are basically just humans with various shades of pink skin.

Different groups of people.

Otalans! Who doesn't want to be a cute little blue elephant? Or astromechs! Yes!! We can all run around spinning and shaking and beeping and who the hell would know the difference if we're really being romantic. Added benefit: If we could suddenly inhabit the body of T7, Bioware would be forced the nerf the fact that T7 keeps firing his built-in pistol long after the mob is dead. Perfection!

Kinda weird saying Voss are just "recolored humans." Has no one else noticed that they're at least a foot taller than the standard player model? They all use type two bodies but they're taller than a type 3 male. Exactly how many points of differentiation do we need before the "recolor" argument goes away?

Mon Calamari would be awesome. Their racial would be 'It's a Trap!' which allows them to escape movement stopping effects. They would also add a class called Admiral and you would level up with a Mon Cal as the Admiral until you kill him(for DS) or he retires (For LS). Then you'd become space admiral and go about commanding your space fleet as you level.

Togorian, Selonian, Falleen. Obviously only the last is even a viable option.

I'd be sated for a while if they'd just release a "Near-Human" pack with extra cosmetic options (new skin, hair and eye colors, tattoo patterns and hairstyles).

Kinda weird saying Voss are just "recolored humans." Has no one else noticed that they're at least a foot taller than the standard player model? They all use type two bodies but they're taller than a type 3 male. Exactly how many points of differentiation do we need before the "recolor" argument goes away?

If the Voss became playable they would end up using the 8 existing body types in the game exactly as they are now. In other words a playable version of the Voss would not be any taller than the current player character models because the tops of their heads would get cropped out of a majority of the game's cutscenes.

Them adjusting the Voss to appear taller isn't anything special, so don't act like it is. Lord Scourge uses Body Type 3 but is still a foot taller than the player Body Type 3.

When people say "recolored humans" they're basically referring to anything that has a human type face thus Voss are recolored humans. I don't think you understand that when people are saying they want something more alien and/or not recolored humans that they are referring to stuff like Kel-Dor, Ithorian, etc.

Remove the texture maps from a Voss and nobody can tell what race it is. Remove the texture maps from a Kel Dor or Ithorian and it's still obvious what race they are.