Which Race(s) would you like to see added after Togruta?

Anaesha

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Togruta species is all i want with armor to be redesigned by developers to make Veil Armor's that work on their faces to cloak their eyes. developers make armor diffrent on that species if you must, we all know you can do it :D go team! of making it look right.

My suggestion to developers, i would spend money on that big. :) :) rank it up.

Edited by cavesith

LOL, I can see people on a pvp server yelling Death to the Gungan right before they attack. :p

Just on a pvp server? I expect any server will have that and will have a "kill a Gungan on sight" rule going.

Just decided to vote on a whim, and realized that I was the hundredth Nautolan vote! :D

I also voted for Bothans and Kel Dor. The thing is, especially Nautolans and Bothans are alien-looking, but still work with existing graphics. I know we've already got two species worth of tentacle-head people, but I like the Nautolan eyes.

If we're talking things that'll never happen, I want a Jawa Sith Inquisitor. Or a Wookiee Imperial Agent. Or a Zillo Beast Jedi Consular. Maybe a Mon Cal Smuggler? An Ughnaught Jedi Knight?

Something that may or may not work: What about droids? They'd have to be non-force users (or would they?). Maybe they'd look like the combat droids of the their faction. It would be kind of weird, but kind of cool. It would probably run into story problems at some point, though.

:) Togruta species is all i want with armor to be redesigned by developers to make Veil Armor's that work on their faces to cloak their eyes. developers make armor diffrent on that species if you must, we all know you can do it :D go team! of making it look right.

My suggestion to developers, i would spend money on that big. :) :) rank it up.

That's never going to happen. The devs know that people expect the Togruta leku to have clipping issues and honestly they would've never made the Togruta a playable race if it meant having to go back and redoing armor pieces.

I suspect Nautolans will end up as playable. They can't use the existing face meshes because of the enlarged eyes. If anything Bioware is going to take the minimum effort route.

They'll have the build the Nautolan faces/heads from scratch just like they did with the Cathar.

Ever since I first went to Voss I thought it would be awesome rolling a DS Voss SW :p

For the list in OP my top 3 votes would be,

1. Nautolan (I could see myself levelling a Consular and SI with this)

2. Farghul (Yes we already have Cathar but these guys look even more awesome, could really see myself rolling a JK with this species)

3. Zeltron

Just for the kicks Ithorian, I know it'll never be but meh I've loved these guys ever since KOTOR and I thought Byph was adorable in Clone Wars :D Imagine a DS SW Ithorian leaping at you awesome!

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Hmmmm.

If I were to vote from the list you have given (which I likely am not, as I refuse to go to some random website to do so, my apologies) I would vote for Farghul and Nautolan.

It would certainly be fun to play as a LS Farghul Smuggler. For that, I'd purchase both the race and yet another character slot, likely more than one new character slot.

Many Bothans may have died to bring us this information, but I don't think I want to play one, I'm short enough in real life. Moreover, aren't they too short to be considered a go for BW? I thought BW had very specific height requirements for possible races?

Here's what I said in a "new race" thread from last year:

Personally, I would LOVE to see:

Voss

Nautolan

Selonian

I'd not mind seeing:

Non-Human Cyborgs

Better options for fem Cathar... not worth the CCs to me, right now. :(

More mask options for Miraluka

Kaleesh

Honestly, I want to see playable Voss more and more.

Edited by ShyNyny
because and =/= or

The greatest chance for the next playable specie would be Zeltron, just add new textures for the skin, and that's it. No clipping issues and so on.

What I'd like to see are the Mon Calamari and the Kel Dor. But the issue with those two are how difficult this will be to implement with clipping issues, and lastly courting/romance. It'll never work with them.

For the most popular on the list, the Nautolean, there's the clipping issue with the tentacles from the head towards their back.

I don't think the main problem with Nautolan is the tentacles... So far clipping issues have been ignored. However, their faces are not entirely human, the eyes are larger and the facial proportions not the same.

That may require them to rework all animations in which emotions are expressed for Nautolan, depending on how it is implemented. And, even though the faces may seem puppet like to us, that includes most animations, however minimal the expression may be.

Well, as I said: Depends on how it's done, maybe it's not a problem after all. The fact remains that Nautolan, besides Kel Dor, has always been the most often requested race, even before the game was launched and they have not been added yet. I wonder what drove them to add Cathar first. There were requests for Cathar, but not so horribly many - not remately as many as Kel'dor, Nautolan or, well, Togruta.

When it comes to Zeltron, I would not just change the colours, but also the material. A bit more gleam to the skin and their hair.

Edited by Rabenschwinge