Stop allowing people into ranked without full expertise

Raansu

I don't give a damn if I have to wait an extra 20 minutes. At least I'll know that everyone is geared when I load into a ranked match. If you don't have a full set of pvp gear YOU DON'T BELONG IN RANKED. BioWare, stop being a bunch of pansies and put some rules onto the ranked queue. I know you like the whole quantity over quality thing and "everyone deserves to play" but hey, guess what, they can play when they get geared. Why do we have to suffer literally being a man down because someone is rocking 1200 expertise? How is that fair to us? Your bolster isn't that good and it DOES NOT make up for the lack of pvp gear.

Its sad that we are in season five and people can still queue ranked with no restrictions. Hell you can queue without an advanced class. I get that you don't give two ***** about pvpers BW but still throw us a bone dammit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah two words.

Disposable MMO.

Well ok, one word and an anagram. :p

Crank out some cheap code. Hype it up. Release it for a few years. Dump it. Move on to the next MMO. Monetary system at it's finest.

Edited by Kailaurius

With 12x coming, I'm gonna be able to level a toon without an Advanced Class without difficulty, which do you guys think will be most effective in ranked? Warrior, Agent, Inquisitor or BH?

I'm thinking either BH or Warrior, because heavy armor and defensive CDs.

Disposable MMO.

That not how it works. EA spent well over 200 million dollars developing this. They ain't gonna drop it and go spend another 200 million to make another mmo. They are going to run this game as long as they possibly can.

I don't give a damn if I have to wait an extra 20 minutes. At least I'll know that everyone is geared when I load into a ranked match. If you don't have a full set of pvp gear YOU DON'T BELONG IN RANKED. BioWare, stop being a bunch of pansies and put some rules onto the ranked queue. I know you like the whole quantity over quality thing and "everyone deserves to play" but hey, guess what, they can play when they get geared. Why do we have to suffer literally being a man down because someone is rocking 1200 expertise? How is that fair to us? Your bolster isn't that good and it DOES NOT make up for the lack of pvp gear.

Its sad that we are in season five and people can still queue ranked with no restrictions. Hell you can queue without an advanced class. I get that you don't give two ***** about pvpers BW but still throw us a bone dammit.

Don't give a **** about PvP? They care too much about it, to the point where they'll ruin PvE viability because of PvP whiners.

Don't give a **** about PvP? They care too much about it, to the point where they'll ruin PvE viability because of PvP whiners.

That's funny considering almost every nerf/buff is 99% of the time based on pve.

We all get gear up playing content like you to get ready for flash point, operations and special force (PVP). Gear does not needed to be name PVP that all gear works everywhere inside the game that is fair enough. Hope you know that you PVP from 1 level between 60 level and you are open to caught like a fish everywhere outside the Republic and Empire zone. It will take one with companion or numbers of players defeat you that's why you can not deal with it and deal with it. PVP queue without no restrictions without change status on other players combat status and armor status will bring players interested in PVP without restrictions. Deal with advanced class players like you. You know over restrictions and bad law makers and bad policing sounded like confederate or dictator exploiting taking claim others that you do not have.

I find it amusing that any PVEer would think PVP changes would "RUIN" their class.

You can beat the current game PVE with like 168 PVP gear.

If you cant make it work anymore cuz BW changed an ability you are fail.

PVE is Pathetic easy in this game.

39% of posters said they wanted new PVP content in a recent Poll. Thats quite a bit more than a vocal minority. Thats almost half. And when you realize half or more of the original PVPers in this game left long ago, It actually started out being a PVP game until BW decided to tell everyone what THEY WANTED US TO DO. By focusing on some content and abandoning others like PVP.

So just one TEENY TINY thing that MANY MANY paying players have been asking for FOR YEARS is to make it NOT POSSIBLE to QUE ranked in less than full PVP gear or other checks to make Ranked a thing. Cuz right now, its not a thing, its waiting to become a thing. ;) Right now its just there in beta form lol.

With 12x coming, I'm gonna be able to level a toon without an Advanced Class without difficulty, which do you guys think will be most effective in ranked? Warrior, Agent, Inquisitor or BH?

I'm thinking either BH or Warrior, because heavy armor and defensive CDs.

That heavy armor won't even add one second to your survivability.

I find it amusing that any PVEer would think PVP changes would "RUIN" their class.

You can beat the current game PVE with like 168 PVP gear.

If you cant make it work anymore cuz BW changed an ability you are fail.

PVE is Pathetic easy in this game. .

I brought my level 60 commando to Ziost yesterday. A commando toon I might add that has never been used on a single level 60 operation. Gold, silver, planetary elite, reg level mobs. It doesn't matter. He chews through these mobs like they are level 50s. At most they are speed bumps in his quest progression. I probably spend more time trying to figure out what I need to do in each quest than I do actually killing mobs. They die that quickly. The next time I go to Ziost, I may actually go in without a companion just to see if that actually turns any of the fights into a challenge.

Why do I bring this up? Because this same Gunnery Commando in full DR augmented gear can't even surive 10 secons in areans due to a lack of focus break. I focus break I couldn't even imagine having to use in any PVE content I play.

So where is our focus break for mandos / mercs? I have no idea. We have only been asking for it since we have had arenas.

This is just a farce, I mean I can't stop laughing. Why are people so ignorant to the fact that SOLO ranked is not going to EVER have restrictions like this. Someone said it best by summing it up in one sentence. IF YOU WANT YOUR TEAM IN FULL EXPERTISE QUE GROUP RANKED. End of story. Especially since you say you don't care how long you have to wait, this should not be an issue. Lastly, I can have 162 PVE gear and come into a solo ranked wz and still have 2018 expertise. The problem is not expertise, it's ignorant people who think solo ranked is supposed to be for elitist only. If you are that good, you should have other good pvp'ers around particularly in your guild. If you do not, this is not bioware's fault but rather your own. If you put restrictions on solo ranked where does it stop? Can I please pretty please enter your elite arena with 168 pvp gear or do I need t2? The ironic thing is I never go into a solo ranked without at least full exhumed and MH/OH t2 but that's just my personal preference, I don't expect others to have to follow my rules.

We all get gear up playing content like you to get ready for flash point, operations and special force (PVP). Gear does not needed to be name PVP that all gear works everywhere inside the game that is fair enough. Hope you know that you PVP from 1 level between 60 level and you are open to caught like a fish everywhere outside the Republic and Empire zone. It will take one with companion or numbers of players defeat you that's why you can not deal with it and deal with it. PVP queue without no restrictions without change status on other players combat status and armor status will bring players interested in PVP without restrictions. Deal with advanced class players like you. You know over restrictions and bad law makers and bad policing sounded like confederate or dictator exploiting taking claim others that you do not have.

that's a head scratcher... :rak_02:

The problem is not expertise, it's ignorant people who think solo ranked is supposed to be for elitist only. .

it's "ranked." it has offered the same rewards as grp since its inception. it uses the same ranking system as grp. the competition may not be as good as grp ranked, but that doesn't mean it's your personal litter box to piss and poop in whenever you want.

expecting other people in the queue to be prepared is not an elitist perspective. it has nothing whatever to do with elitism. ranked is, by definition, competitive. you're competing for rating and prizes. a certain level of preparation and, frankly, respect for the game are reasonable expectations. Any bad person can queue, and I'll defend his right to queue, but being bad at the game and jumping into a match without the proper gear are completely separate issues.

and if a person is SO bad at the game that he doesn't even know he should have expertise gear (for his benefit as well as hit teammates), then a gate on solo ranked is a GOOD idea because it tells him something very basic that he needs to do to be remotely competent/successful. furthermore, no one likes getting his crap pushed in when he queues (regs, solos or grp), so if a person gets this message from BW, gets into queue anyway and magically doesn't have 2018 exp (changes gear), then he's clearly doing it to throw the match or troll the system, and he can be quickly and definitively dealt with. without a gear gate, he could just be ignorant of pvp basics. with a gear gate, troll easily identified. gear gate is only a good thing in solo.

Edited by foxmob

it's "ranked." it has offered the same rewards as grp since its inception. it uses the same ranking system as grp. the competition may not be as good as grp ranked, but that doesn't mean it's your personal litter box to piss and poop in whenever you want.

expecting other people in the queue to be prepared is not an elitist perspective. it has nothing whatever to do with elitism. ranked is, by definition, competitive. you're competing for rating and prizes. a certain level of preparation and, frankly, respect for the game are reasonable expectations. Any bad person can queue, and I'll defend his right to queue, but being bad at the game and jumping into a match without the proper gear are completely separate issues.

and if a person is SO bad at the game that he doesn't even know he should have expertise gear (for his benefit as well as hit teammates), then a gate on solo ranked is a GOOD idea because it tells him something very basic that he needs to do to be remotely competent/successful. furthermore, no one likes getting his crap pushed in when he queues (regs, solos or grp), so if a person gets this message from BW, gets into queue anyway and magically doesn't have 2018 exp (changes gear), then he's clearly doing it to throw the match or troll the system, and he can be quickly and definitively dealt with. without a gear gate, he could just be ignorant of pvp basics. with a gear gate, troll easily identified. gear gate is only a good thing in solo.

^This, times infinity!

That not how it works. EA spent well over 200 million dollars developing this. They ain't gonna drop it and go spend another 200 million to make another mmo. They are going to run this game as long as they possibly can.

i'm pretty sure they've got back that 200 million. it seems from now on they're just milking it as much as possible.

This is just a farce, I mean I can't stop laughing. Why are people so ignorant to the fact that SOLO ranked is not going to EVER have restrictions like this. Someone said it best by summing it up in one sentence. IF YOU WANT YOUR TEAM IN FULL EXPERTISE QUE GROUP RANKED. End of story. Especially since you say you don't care how long you have to wait, this should not be an issue. Lastly, I can have 162 PVE gear and come into a solo ranked wz and still have 2018 expertise. The problem is not expertise, it's ignorant people who think solo ranked is supposed to be for elitist only. If you are that good, you should have other good pvp'ers around particularly in your guild. If you do not, this is not bioware's fault but rather your own. If you put restrictions on solo ranked where does it stop? Can I please pretty please enter your elite arena with 168 pvp gear or do I need t2? The ironic thing is I never go into a solo ranked without at least full exhumed and MH/OH t2 but that's just my personal preference, I don't expect others to have to follow my rules.

Most people don't que for these reasons.

1. They don't get in teamspeak. A lot of people will come in but have no mic or can't talk (late night peeps sleeping or what ever other reason maybe they are playing a female toon and wanna pretend to act female so chatting as a dude gets weird for them idk)

2. Most people who que ranked don't have the set team like the ones that do (then get roll stomped by the better team since the pool is so small)

3. Most people are to lazy to put a group together (easy to make? Hell no if your not a tank or healz good luck finding one that's not in a group already)

4. Some just hate arenas or are not good at them (I tried have one of my guildies play ranked he is not that good so he never ques again. He just hates arenas)

5. If your looking for a group liel i said most groups have a set team so that means now you have to run with pugs of they are even interested.

6. You made a group and failed? Hard? Now one person left and replacements are rare. Now you have to search for a cool guy that's not totally sensitive about rating to try again and hope for the best.

Back it up please. Show us the numbers instead of your big mouth please :p

You don't need numbers to see the obvious. Look at mercs it seems they are awesome in pve but in pvp (solos) they are **** down faster then you can say cheesesauceinmyfaceonsundaymorning.

Edited by Darth__Reaver

I have some questions that I would like to have clarified. Currently I have 1936 Expertise (no expertise crystals) I have 57.57% Damage Boost on Players, 36.54% Damage Reduction from Players, & 19.19% Healing Boost during PvP Combat. The Expertise cap is 2018 which gives 60% Damage Boost on Players, 40% Damage Reduction from Players, & 20% Healing Boost during PvP Combat. My first question is, Does the 2.43% DMoP, 3.46% DRfP, & 0.81% HBdPvPC Difference really matter? and Why?

My second question is, if I can prove that I can outperform fully ranked geared players with my current expertise level, why should I be penalized from Q'n Ranked for not having the full expertise?

Edited by RayGonJinn

I have some questions that I would like to have clarified. Currently I have 1936 Expertise (no expertise crystals) I have 57.57% Damage Boost on Players, 36.54% Damage Reduction from Players, & 19.19% Healing Boost during PvP Combat. The Expertise cap is 2018 which gives 60% Damage Boost on Players, 40% Damage Reduction from Players, & 20% Healing Boost during PvP Combat. My first question is, Does the 2.43% DMoP, 3.46% DRfP, & 0.81% HBdPvPC Difference really matter? and Why?

My second question is, if I can prove that I can outperform fully ranked geared players with my current expertise level, why should I be penalized from Q'n Ranked for not having the full expertise?

Absolutely. Just get the last damn piece and cap your expertiese.