New Ziost boss and 204 MH

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's mind boggling how upset some people are over this.

I don't see people tracking their progression in terms of the gear they have but rather in number of bosses they cleared. No one is going to add this to the number (we're not gonna see bunch of 9/11 sigs pop up) and no one is going to automatically clear more bosses just because they get this main hand. If gear is the meter by which you measure your progression then I can see why people are upset, and I bet the same people get pretty peeved every time new tiers come out.

Everyone can have this, that includes the hardcore so they can raid it and keep maxing their gear, folks who are 10/10 will still be better than the folks that get this drop. In the end I would even go so far to say that most people aren't going to do this world boss except for those interested in min maxing. --Maybe people who want the mainhand so they can push a little extra progression* in the current content... Woah, that's a weird thought, getting progression breaking content to get extra progression in the current content.... it's some sort of paradox.

*(like I said above, it wont automatically get them kills but extra gear never hurt)

Edited by leegrisham

It's mind boggling how upset some people are over this.

I don't see people tracking their progression in terms of the gear they have but rather in number of bosses they cleared. No one is going to add this to the number (we're not gonna see bunch of 9/11 sigs pop up) and no one is going to automatically clear more bosses just because they get this main hand. If gear is the meter by which you measure your progression then I can see why people are upset, and I bet the same people get pretty peeved every time new tiers come out.

Everyone can have this, that includes the hardcore so they can raid it and keep maxing their gear, folks who are 10/10 will still be better than the folks that get this drop. In the end I would even go so far to say that most people aren't going to do this world boss except for those interested in min maxing. --Maybe people who want the mainhand so they can push a little extra progression* in the current content... Woah, that's a weird thought, getting progression breaking

content to get extra progression in the current content.... it's some sort of paradox.

*(like I said above, it wont automatically get them kills but extra gear never hurt)

Most folks are upset because why bother pulling Revan HM? It's a tough fight and now, with 204 mainhand easier to get, aside from the decoration there is no reason to really progress through Revan.

Most folks are upset because why bother pulling Revan HM? It's a tough fight and now, with 204 mainhand easier to get, aside from the decoration there is no reason to really progress through Revan.

I agree, if the only reason to pull Revan in the first place was the main hand. Why not pull and beat it to be full clear on all bosses? Being able to be part of the full clear club, especially in this iteration of HMs is an elite club. If someone measures progression by gear then it's gonna ruin their day but if someone measures progression by bosses downed (pretty sure everyone uses this method) then it's really a non-issue, and it's a plus for you if you haven't.

I agree, if the only reason to pull Revan in the first place was the main hand. Why not pull and beat it to be full clear on all bosses? Being able to be part of the full clear club, especially in this iteration of HMs is an elite club. If someone measures progression by gear then it's gonna ruin their day but if someone measures progression by bosses downed (pretty sure everyone uses this method) then it's really a non-issue, and it's a plus for you if you haven't.

amen to that!

However once the boss is cleared, what would be the reason to ever go back in again? :rolleyes:

However once the boss is cleared, what would be the reason to ever go back in again? :rolleyes:

Maybe just to enjoy killing stuff with friends/guildmates?

Btw, doesn't it look like the MH is a random assembled piece? It will take a while to get a full team with alts all 204 MHs due to RNG. It's not like come Tuesday groups will be rolling into revan with 8 bounty hunters all deckedbout with 204 MHs and fully min/maxed 204 mods/enhancements.

Edited by bdatt

Same reason I do DF and DP NiM? To enjoy a good fight. Or KP, to enjoy a classic Op for the memories. While I don't necessary agree with 204 MH, I don't think it should all about gear than playing. Gear to play not Play to gear. ;)

Edited by FerkWork

Everybody who is angry about 204 MHs isn't angry because it's a better MH than the one dropped by Revan. Every single team who has downed Revan did NOT do it for the 198 MH. Everyone who has killed it is proud to have killed the most difficult boss in the game, and gear should always be secondary to that. However, what the 204 MH does, by it's very existence, is cheapen Revan kills from now on. Revan HM is a fight that was tuned for 192s/198s. The only reason Revan HM is hard at all is because there is a signficant DPS check on the core phase, where you have to put out as much DPS as possible while simultaneously dealing with Unstable Aberration explosions. When you have to aggressively position yourself so that the core is between the next aberration explosion and you, and you're trying to squeeze in every GCD you can while making sure you don't get knocked off, the fight is diffcult. When you have a 204 MH and BioWare has nerfed aberrations so that you have 50% more reaction time to deal with them, you no longer have to care about DPSing. You don't even need an optimal rotation to kill the boss. You can just deal with aberrations when they're out without activating a single DPS ability, then go back to dummy parsing on the core after the aberrations are gone. Every progression raider understands that the gear treadmill always rolls on, but it is only supposed to happen when a new tier of progression comes out. The most important piece of gear that should have dropped from NiM TOS, but is instead dropping from an instanced World Boss, shouldn't be out when people are still trying to progress in HM TOS.

Hey Bradypan, I just got Warstalker on my 8th alt last night, who is level 60 and in half resurrected/half revanite gear.

Just put Pre-3.2 Revanchrist in your signature and be happy for people who may get rejuvenated by this bridge between difficult content that 99% of the total raiding community hit some sort of roadblock on.

Edited by bdatt

Hey Bradypan, I just got Warstalker on my 8th alt last night, who is level 60 and in half resurrected/half revanite gear.

Just put Pre-3.2 Revanchrist in your signature and be happy for people who may get rejuvenated by this bridge between difficult content that 99% of the total raiding community hit some sort of roadblock on.

Dat made me chuckle +1

*Put on your tinfoil hat for this ride*

*Also Playing Devils Advocate*

I think this is BW idea of killing two birds with one stone in the least amount of effort way. The 2 issues are the Ops themselves and class composition viability in particular fights. Let's look at Revan HM for example. It is both a very challenging fight and has mechanics that favor BH/Tr ability HO/HtL due to the pull in mechanic. Not impossible but it does make certain classes less than idea for the first time clearing it. On top of that you have Classes that outperform and underperform others (IO vs Madness). The Balance team stated in the PTS forums that they won't buff classes due to making PVP and PVE trivial. Many groups usually funnel 198 MH to alts if they are doing a Non BH run as it makes it easier for uptime on the Core.

So if the Balance teams won't budge on buffing classes, the OPs team has a couple choices. Remember they aren't that many people on that team. They can use resources to go back through OPs and nerf them while keeping them fun but it would divert from other content (>INB4 Dae DnT No NiM vidya?) or buff the classes to make the fights easier with minimal effort while keeping the interesting mechanics in play. If balance team won't buff the classes then the only recourse is to add gear that increases classes HPS/DPS output. What makes these last two fights in HM harder than other iteration of HM is several major DPS check (Ruuger, Revan Core). So to help out those who have cleared 8/10 and are struggling in the execution phases. The Boss from some rumors on HM is supposedly as hard as HM Lurker. So it seems it is intended to get more over the hump in a way with minimal effort

That Said I think they are going about it the wrong way. Rather the fights should be gradually nerfed into a HM level while preparing to release NiM. This way content can be brought into line of previous HM while NiM will be about the same as the pre nerf HM or more with NiM power with a few more mechanics. But I digress.

Edited by FerkWork

The changes do not diminish your accomplishments. Bragging rights on content really only lasts a few months anyways. Who cares if you can clear it now really except for your own personal satisfaction. Those who have proven they could beat it already have done so. Five months is ample time to sort of whose who. They should never release any new gear ever, it cheapens my NiM EV Soa kills. :mad:

Has anyone confirmed that it still drops 204s as of today? Just curious.

I'd test it, but the process to even get to HM is tiresome, and its 2AM, and I think I'll just go to bed.

But seriously, first, hunt down all the monoliths on Ziost to make the Worldbreaker Monolith vulnerable to damage

Then, take on the Worldbreaker monolith to get the buff

THEN FINALLY go kill the Colossal Monolith in Hard Mode

A bit over-the-top if you ask me.

As a side note despite being "only" a single boss encounter there was quite a hype around Nightmare Pilgrim, Dread Tooth, Dreadful and Hateful Entity back in the time.

One can still see people searching for a guild which is willing and able to sell them Crest of the Dread Master.

Dread tooth dropped gear equal to minimum for then current hm, important items were masks and item to summon dreadful entity.

nightmare pilgrim dropped minimum required for then nim EC/hm TFB like dread tooth, important benefit was +50 all stats for one hour to help with that difficult ops boss.

dreadful entity dropped item to summon hateful and title

Hateful entity dropped mask and title

Golden Chicken dropped random tokens on par with then available hms also released at same time as SnV and rebalanced TFB.

Monolith drops mainhand one gear tier above what is currently available and looks like it has a chance to drop revanite mainhand token. Mainhands are one of the two most valuable upgrades and for some classes are the most valuable. Based on past single bosses it would have been somewhat expected to have a chance to drop the 198 token but not something even better. Dropping the 198 would put you even with rewards but not seriously cheapen the fights.

I'd test it, but the process to even get to HM is tiresome, and its 2AM, and I think I'll just go to bed.

But seriously, first, hunt down all the monoliths on Ziost to make the Worldbreaker Monolith vulnerable to damage

Then, take on the Worldbreaker monolith to get the buff

THEN FINALLY go kill the Colossal Monolith in Hard Mode

A bit over-the-top if you ask me.

The buff is misleading. He summons three adds called Minor Monoliths or something like that. Group them up, DPS them down so they "recharge" all at the same time, then burn the boss. Repeat when they are done recharging. He is only invulnerable when the adds he himself summons are not regaining their HP. No need to hunt down Monoliths across Ziost.

The buff is misleading. He summons three adds called Minor Monoliths or something like that. Group them up, DPS them down so they "recharge" all at the same time, then burn the boss. Repeat when they are done recharging. He is only invulnerable when the adds he himself summons are not regaining their HP. No need to hunt down Monoliths across Ziost.

How is the fight itself on HM? And what loot did you get to drop? Any 204 MH?

Edited by FerkWork

How is the fight itself on HM? And what loot did you get to drop? Any 204 MH?

Fight is on par imo with Master & blaster HM. Dont see pugs clearing HM or even many casual HM progression guilds doing it for a while. Boss is easy enough once you know mechanics. Damage spikes here and there but tanking and dps are pretty easy. Shout out to dulfy guides :rak_01:

204 MH yes

http://i.imgur.com/NkACBJA.png and some 198 stuff.