Do something before we lose more Jung Ma population

Zakitty

come on, the population is getting ridiculous as of April 27th, 2015. More and more people are leaving for other games or other servers. Lets merge servers. We don't give a flying leap about pvp, pve, rp, just merge them.

DO something.:mad:

come on, the population is getting ridiculous as of April 27th, 2015. More and more people are leaving for other games or other servers. Lets merge servers. We don't give a flying leap about pvp, pve, rp, just merge them.

DO something.:mad:

I'm leaving soon too. Do they care about POT5? I don't think so. But THEY MUST merge servers or most of all will have low population. I'm willing to move forward to Ebon Hawk asap. Just saving money untill I get enough resources to start my transfers... JM is dead.

The server population is getting ridiculous. WZ queue times are way up even for normals. Group ranked doesn't happen at all unless pre-setup between groups. Solo ranked only happens at specific times and only for an hour or so unless setup before hand.

I logged into JM 2 days ago around 6pm EDT. Republic fleet was at 45 people. Imp fleet was at 52. I logged over to Harbinger. Republic fleet was at 143. Imp fleet was at 173. Coruscant had 162.

Very sad state of affairs. Combining POT5 and Jung Ma should be a no brainer. What are you waiting for BW. As much as I love PvP and espeically open world PvP, I am really considering just going to one of these higher volume PvE servers. I can deal without open world if it means warzones pop consistently.

The server population is getting ridiculous. WZ queue times are way up even for normals. Group ranked doesn't happen at all unless pre-setup between groups. Solo ranked only happens at specific times and only for an hour or so unless setup before hand.

I logged into JM 2 days ago around 6pm EDT. Republic fleet was at 45 people. Imp fleet was at 52. I logged over to Harbinger. Republic fleet was at 143. Imp fleet was at 173. Coruscant had 162.

Very sad state of affairs. Combining POT5 and Jung Ma should be a no brainer. What are you waiting for BW. As much as I love PvP and espeically open world PvP, I am really considering just going to one of these higher volume PvE servers. I can deal without open world if it means warzones pop consistently.

That would have been mid-afternoon for Harbinger but are you sure there was only one fleet instance on both sides?

That would have been mid-afternoon for Harbinger but are you sure there was only one fleet instance on both sides?

On Jung Ma yes. I didn't check for multiple on Harbinger. There very well could have been multiple even at those high numbers.

This has been said so many times but fleet is in no way an accurate count of the population.

/who 60

Last night pubs had two operations, two HM FPs, two 8v8s, two 4v4s, 15-20 people on Ziost and various others dailies and people camping in strongholds.

I admit the population has dropped since the SoR rush hit but I think the people we have on are the core dedicated players at JM. They are all very engaged players.

Now if only one of you PvE mafias will let me into an operation.....

Group ranked doesn't happen at all unless pre-setup between groups

as a word of warning that's apparently the norm on TEH too. plenty of people there, but if you're looking for a healthy population of ranked players I'd avoid TEH.

This has been said so many times but fleet is in no way an accurate count of the population.

/who 60

Last night pubs had two operations, two HM FPs, two 8v8s, two 4v4s, 15-20 people on Ziost and various others dailies and people camping in strongholds.

I admit the population has dropped since the SoR rush hit but I think the people we have on are the core dedicated players at JM. They are all very engaged players.

Now if only one of you PvE mafias will let me into an operation.....

Checking fleet can give you a comparison point vs factions and other servers. If one server has 2-3 fleets during prime time and another has 40-50 characters, which one do you think has more active 60s?

Glancing quickly, right now (8:30ish ET), Jung Ma has these 60s:

Guardians: 15

Sentinels: 12

Scoundrel: 8

Gunslinger: 12

Sage: 25

Shadow: 20

Vanguard: 17

Commando: 22

Harbinger, at the same time but this is not even Harbinger's prime time:

Guardians: 83

Sentinels: 74

Scoundrel: 56

Gunslinger: 60

Sage: >100

Shadow: 66

Vanguard: 50

Commando: 95

Again, these are just the 60s.

Which has more ziost instances? Which has more HMs or OPs or FPs or 8v8s or 4v4s running right now? I'll let you guess.

Fleets are 59 vs 241 (JM is 22% of Harb) : total 60s are 131 vs 584 (JM is 24% of Harb) = looking at fleets happens to be very accurate in this case for determining relative populations.

Edited by Savej

Which has more ziost instances? Which has more HMs or OPs or FPs or 8v8s or 4v4s running right now? I'll let you guess.

Of course Harbinger has a multiple of the population as JM, but there are enough activities to keep me sated. I usually stay in warzones untill 2-3 in the morning when I just pass out.

Of course Harbinger has a multiple of the population as JM, but there are enough activities to keep me sated. I usually stay in warzones untill 2-3 in the morning when I just pass out.

I've played in wzs a lot the last few days on JM and will acknowledge that I've never gone long without a q (@60). But I do tend to find myself on the same team playing the same opponents over and over.

Edited by Savej

Devs are never going to see a post here, and trust me, they're "aware" of population issues, but dodge an actual answer to improving it every time - I've asked them at cantina tours, no solid answers.

Dead is a rather strong word for what Jung Ma is. If you have a guild and a consistent group of friends, life is pretty good. Lv60 Warzones go till 2 or 3 am PST, and then a lull happens on the weekdays. Sometimes even midbies or lowbies are going, too. I'd say the only true aspect of the game that is close to dead in Jung Ma is ranked. It really only happens lately if people go out of their way to coordinate it and get people on both sides queuing.

"We need to let Imps know that there are Rep in queue."

"Not it."

"Not it."

"Not it."

as a word of warning that's apparently the norm on TEH too. plenty of people there, but if you're looking for a healthy population of ranked players I'd avoid TEH.

Dude that's a norm almost everywhere. Group ranked has been "By appointment" since season 2.

do you even q for group ranked? If so please let me know when sir.

Dude that's a norm almost everywhere. Group ranked has been "By appointment" since season 2.

#Truth...

I'm leaving soon too. Do they care about POT5? I don't think so. But THEY MUST merge servers or most of all will have low population. I'm willing to move forward to Ebon Hawk asap. Just saving money untill I get enough resources to start my transfers... JM is dead.

That's the sad thing. Seems like a LOT of folks are making a mass exodus to other games (my FFXIV:ARR free company just took in a dozen ex-SWTOR players on one server alone). Those that are staying, instead of trying to bolster the server, are running off to other servers, many of whom are going to Ebon Hawk, just as my Ebon Hawk guild almost entirely quit and went back to WoW.

Figures, just when I'm getting interested in this game again, folks start leavin.'

Just a FYI

I transferred one Imperial toon (loaded down with stuff) to Bastion with my husband's toon also.

I wanted to play Imperial but I have a personal problem working against my Republic guild and friends, and this solved that problem. A friend also transferred earlier and brought other people with him from different servers, all meeting up on Bastion. I will be getting up several toons during 12x, which is EXACTLY what is saving this game for me and my husband and I'm sure was part of the plan from Bioware to hold on to people. I loved WOW but I just can't go back.

Bastion is a great server, average amount of people per planet is 50 -150. Fleet is like trying to walk around downtown N.Y. at lunchtime. I can get up at 6 a.m. in the morning and get on and pvp on any level toon.

I'm sure ranked is probably popping.

I love my guild on JungMa, the people are precious and freiends to me, I won't move my Republic toons, I'm hoping for an eventual server merge to help the que pop population.

Bastion is Imperial heavy, usually playing against other Imperials, BUT in the last few days have been spanked pretty hard by great players on the Republic side.

I look forward to the action and new blood.

Hope Jung Ma get some attention.

Q'anora and husband Benjammin

Cya around.:eek:

Yeah keeping other irons in the fire is a good idea at this point. I made a toon on POT5 sometime ago and apparently they are in the same state as Jung Ma. Maybe I'll roll a Bastion toon as well, need some tank n' peels? :rak_03: Edited by KevinQCowart

Zek'Anlei,

Yeah keeping other irons in the fire is a good idea at this point. I made a toon on POT5 sometime ago and apparently they are in the same state as Jung Ma. Maybe I'll roll a Bastion toon as well, need some tank n' peels? :rak_03:

oh you know I do!

I'm Q'anora and Xarra's guild is The Imperial Guild, small but growing, nice people.:cool:

Dont keep too many hopes on bastion q´anora, its a bunch of sh11t3rs and trolls, believe me lol.

Its a decent server, but currently impside is to just stomp pubs on regs, and pubs stomps imps on ranked..

But I would recommend to go over since it pops at least.

PD: also about pot5 status

RIP POT5

Edited by Dacri

I get the sense that merging all the PvP, RP, and RP/PvP servers into one massive RP/PVP server would remedy the issue.

The PvE guys sound like they've got it all good so we can leave them alone.

I actually think PVE and PVP have more in common. pvpers can run around flagged all the time and pvers can choose not to flag. iunno. it seems like the easiest thing in the world to straighten out. not that there's much owpvp even on pvp servers.

Dont keep too many hopes on bastion q´anora, its a bunch of sh11t3rs and trolls, believe me lol.

Its a decent server, but currently impside is to just stomp pubs on regs, and pubs stomps imps on ranked..

But I would recommend to go over since it pops at least.

PD: also about pot5 status

RIP POT5

This.

TL;DR version: PvP servers just ain't what they used to be, Cleetus.

POT5 feels to be in more dire straits than Jung Ma, and that's saying something. All the trolls transferred or re-rolled to Bastion, so that server isn't much better, and it will only be a matter of time before those tards run off the good guys on Bastion the same way their toxicity vexed Pot5 from being the Gold Standard PvP server in SWTOR. Now it feels like more and more of the PvE servers have better PvPers than on PvP servers. Look at how many Ebon Hawk players are in the top 50. We have *ONE* player, ranked 47th. Zek-anlai. Kudos because that's one stud of a Sage, anyway, but I think that's starting to show the value (or lack thereof) of PvP servers.

Bastion has nine in the top 50, where Pot5 only has four. The Ebon Hawk went from having one in the top 50 last season to four this season; they have eight in group ranked. They and T3-M4 (PvE servers, btw) lead group ranked leaderboards. What's surprising to me is they don't have half the toxicity that The Bastion has right now (yet have at least twice the population), let alone what Pot5 had in its prime. In fact, if you just filter click all the PvE servers, they've all increased in overall rank in both solo and grouped, where most PvP servers have fallen.

This bugs me, a lot. You would really think that servers SPECIFICALLY crafted around the concept of PvP would be leading the game's PvP stats by a landslide, but if you follow the trends from Season 1 on...they're clearly not, anymore. This is especially true in group ranked PvP. TEAMWORK, fellas. Community. The lone wolfing mentality of trolls and elitists are clearly reflected in that Bastion is a leader in solo ranked. Not without irony, that's what Pot5 was known for before all of their arsehats transferred to The Bastion.

Between the toxicity and the frivolous transfer behavior of many players I've encountered on JM (though not anymore), Pot5, and The Bastion, I'm starting to worry that it's a culture thing that needs to be changed, not a game design change. You can't fix stubbornness overnight, that's for sure; and some people DON'T change.

Granted, less arbitrary world PvP would be nice. I rather miss the GCW system as it was in the final year of Star Wars Galaxies. A mix of SWTOR's endgame PvP with SWG's endgame PvP would make a far more interesting system than what's currently in play. As far as competitive Star Wars gaming goes, I'd say that's a pretty darn good model to follow.

:jawa_frown:

I never thought I would actually miss Restuss. I *REALLY* miss Starsider. I know a lot of SWG vets are still hanging around. "Convergence," as we called it, not only saved Starsider as a server, but as a server with a community uniquely classy and highly skilled in both space and world PvP. I would love to see Starsider reborn on Jung Ma, at least in spirit. I don't think it's too late. Episode VII isn't out yet. ;)

In the event we can't, we may just have to concede an eventual transfer to Ebon Hawk, should free transfers ever happen as a result of these low pops. A quick breeze through their forums indicates a well-organized, well-oiled machine with a strong sense of community, scheduled events, PvP, and RP, things I fondly remembered this server having in its youth.

I actually think PVE and PVP have more in common. pvpers can run around flagged all the time and pvers can choose not to flag. iunno. it seems like the easiest thing in the world to straighten out. not that there's much owpvp even on pvp servers.

This. I was pretty active with my 60s on Ebon Hawk from New Years to a few weeks ago. There are huge dedicated groups that run around flagged and fight each other in event-styled major engagements (not unlike the classic PvP events Starsider held on SWG).

If OWPVP didn't serve such an arbitrary function in this game, I would say merging all the NA PvP servers would be the smartest move, but at this point, I don't know why they don't just merge everything into a megaserver and go with foxmob's suggestion. It's a hard pill to swallow, but sooner or later we're all going to have to wake up and face the facts.

Yeah a merger would be best at this point because I and my guild aren't moving. Because of our guild ships and strong holds. A lot of credits and time put into them. I also have 22 toons on this server (most are bank mules ) there's no way I'm xfering sans merger. I wouldn't mind the loss of the owpvp since it mostly pointless in this game.

Good idea people who don't understand that the empire and the republic should fight each other can just stay unflagged