What does George Lucas think of SWTOR?

Davvik

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will let you know if I see some of the most akward and poorly scripted romance scenes coming in the future from my npc's :D

No but seriously he has had influence on this and I'm sure he wants it to be as marketable as possible, also this has great potentially to digitally enhance such as the character creation with some microtransactions... I'm sure in a few months he will smell the stench of bloodied money that can be gotten through microtransactions.

Edited by Sohtaraz

• 4 months later...

Yes episode 1-3 were a little goofy what with the gungans but still the best movies ever. I am hoping that George goes for the epic move and remakes 4-6.

These need to be remade. I know I know, I am a die hard Star Wars fan my self; even if they do get remade, the old ones will still exist and ill still watch them all the time cuz young Carrie fisher was sexy and thats that.

I know it sounds ridiculous to remake those three, but we have upgraded a lot since those times as computer animation goes and I think its time. Think of the world George Lucas could paint now. Im sure there were a lot of things he had to leave out of the first three as animation goes, due to there being no way to get it done on the budget he had.

Ill bet He loves SWTOR but ill bet he doesnt play. I will however bet he loves the money coming in the last few movies he has done were not the greatest.

Yes episode 1-3 were a little goofy what with the gungans but still the best movies ever. I am hoping that George goes for the epic move and remakes 4-6.

These need to be remade. I know I know, I am a die hard Star Wars fan my self; even if they do get remade, the old ones will still exist and ill still watch them all the time cuz young Carrie fisher was sexy and thats that.

I know it sounds ridiculous to remake those three, but we have upgraded a lot since those times as computer animation goes and I think its time. Think of the world George Lucas could paint now. Im sure there were a lot of things he had to leave out of the first three as animation goes, due to there being no way to get it done on the budget he had.

Ill bet He loves SWTOR but ill bet he doesnt play. I will however bet he loves the money coming in the last few movies he has done were not the greatest.

Give it 10-15 years and they'll be able to seamless enhance the original trilogy. Might not even need actors by then, just Errol Flynn-o-bot-9000.

I'm sure in a few months he will smell the stench of bloodied money that can be gotten through microtransactions.

If you can definte "a few months" more specifically, we can come back to check if you were correct or not. I am willing to bet you are not.

I can't really blame the guy for being put off by fans. He has always had his own ideas and really doesn't give a crap, but having the property as he built it panned so reflexively must be tiresome. There's no valid reason to invoke Jar Jar any more, it's just done as conversation fluff. He's also from a different generation, and the cynicism present now doesn't work well with his ideas any more. A modern remake of Ghostbusters would be derided for having Slimer in it. And the Goonies would be told to go F themselves.

I can't really blame the guy for being put off by fans. He has always had his own ideas and really doesn't give a crap, but having the property as he built it panned so reflexively must be tiresome. There's no valid reason to invoke Jar Jar any more, it's just done as conversation fluff. He's also from a different generation, and the cynicism present now doesn't work well with his ideas any more. A modern remake of Ghostbusters would be derided for having Slimer in it. And the Goonies would be told to go F themselves.

That's true.

But equally Jar Jar was pretty terrible at the time..... I'd argue he'd have been a bad idea in 1977 to be honest.

I will let you know if I see some of the most akward and poorly scripted romance scenes coming in the future from my npc's :D

No but seriously he has had influence on this and I'm sure he wants it to be as marketable as possible, also this has great potentially to digitally enhance such as the character creation with some microtransactions... I'm sure in a few months he will smell the stench of bloodied money that can be gotten through microtransactions.

There are a few of those already. The two NPC's on Tython and the two you meet in the Cantina on Coruscant in the smuggler story. Two of the most god awful "lovers" scenes in the game.

NO NO NO NO.

The three prequels are awful, awful, awful. Well, the first two are awful. Episode 3 is just merely 'bad'. And changes he made to the original trilogy really didn't add much either - and in some cases detracted from the movie (Han shot first!).

Better animation & better technology does not make a better movie. There's an old story that when Spielberg made Jaws, he originally wanted more scenes with the shark. The technology wasn't there, and the fact that you almost never saw the shark added a lot of suspense.

In Lucas's case, the evidence has shown that providing him with more animation and more CGI in the Star Wars movies makes things worse.