Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Stealth exploit in Corellia Arena

Velocifox

Hello,

I'd like to report an exploit that stealth classes can use in Corellia warzone arenas. We had a team of 4v4, and did well enough to destroy all but 1 person on the opposing team, in this case it was someone named "Deadshot" with a bunch of stupid characters in their name, who merely hid the entire match, until sudden death, where he won for his team due to highest HP. In sudden death, one cannot heal or mitigate damage, so it just comes down to HP. Even though we fairly won 2/3 matches, he would simply stay in stealth, hide from us (quite well) and run away while we all died. This killed us twice and thus his team won the match.

That's honestly just terrible exploitation. At least in WoW there's an arena buff one can obtain to see stealthers at the cost of a little hp. We wasted around 10 minutes of our time trying to AoE random parts of this massive arena to no avail. Only to have been defeated by a lack of foresight from BioWare's PvP arena implementation.

Please fix this. Just give us a means of detecting a stealth class- they are still impossible to catch. WoW does this right in a fair way.

Thank you for your time.

Well, in sudden death you know the stealther is going to eventually head to the center part of the map so just wait for him there and 3 or 4 v1 him. Either A: you're going to kill him or B: you're going to knock him back into the acid fog and kill him.

Now, if in the match your team just stood around and died quickly because you didn't head to the center then that's on you and not him.

^Those post are right

I hate when stealth do this but I am not sure if its against any rules? Ive never done this but have grouped/ fought people who did. In a few encounters where this has happened someone on the stealthers team will give the location away. I always chuckle at that one.

Edited by Yuridia

I had that happen, me and teammate 2 of us were left and stealth had more hps and we died before he did, we were tank and heals so there was no one int he world that the stealth could kill us but we didnt have the dmg either so he wont he match. It's absolutely stupid cause we massacred the team (It was 3 v 4 to begin with and we were at a disadvantage...only to pull through and still lose cause of that useless stealth hiding the whole round).

I get it, seeing stealth would be unfair, but they should do something to counter it. First drop them from stealth after 10 seconds if they don't leave a radius of 2 meters of where they are standing, that way they just dont hole up in a corner for 5 minutes, and ping a location on the map every 15 seconds of where they were standing 3 seconds ago or something. That way they somewhat stand a chance, but may also give us a clue where they are at.

Something cause its such a waste of time to be trolled for 10 minutes when it's obvious your team is better, only to lose cause they managed to outlast you. I've had it where they died and I died a split second later and they got the win.

That or just have the map start dropping orbital strikes on people who are in stealth longer than 30 seconds.

(Pre 3.0 orbital strikes, we wouldn't want them to remain afk for 3 minutes as post 3.0 orbital strikes struggle to finish them off)

Edited by VixenRawR

If this was regs, which I assume it is, what an arsehole.

That said, the only issue with it, is the time wasting, you all could of been in another game the time it took to wait it out.

The worrying thing is your inability to deal with 1 toon in the middle with your remaining team. No one think of spamming AOE in the middle or anything?

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

In sudden death, one cannot heal or mitigate damage, so it just comes down to HP.

This is false. You cannot heal, but mitigation CD still work against the damage dealt by players, however not against the acid. Also the acid damage - like all environment damage - scales with HP. Having more HP does not directly equate to lasting longer in the Acid.

Acid is a pure DPS race, with everyone taking the same %totalHP of damage every second the winner is whoever manages to deal more damage to the opponents on top of the acid damage. This is why Sage's Force Barrier is effectively a IWIN button in acid even without counting the bugged Enduring Bastion. The reason being that barrier prevents the enemy team from dealing any damage to the sage and thus the sage wins by default as long as the sage's teammates can deal any amount of damage greater than zero.

Edited by Zoom_VI

yea as spake in the chronicles of Darth Derp did the great Juggernaut come down from Mount Noob, yea did he swing his mighty sabre, lo' did he smash it as the monkey does in the jungles of rishi. Again and again, swish swish did his lordship swing the sword of light, again and again did he show the gods of the arena his mighty epeen. The warrior was pleased as he surveyed his carnage...but what is this he could sense through the force a great disturbance. From a distance he could hear a snicker. How dare the lowly assassin use his abilities, how dare he challenge the mighty and invincible juggernaut. How dare he insult the dark side with his sneaky cheating hiding. how dare ...grrrrarrrrrghgarhhhhhhhhhbleah erk!

how is this an exploit?
Its not an exploit and lol at anyone that loses to that desperation strat.

You two need to look up what the actual definition of exploit is. Nowhere did the OP say that they were exploiting a "bug", merely that they were exploiting a poorly implemented mechanic.

Now in response to the OP, I've had this happen before. We just had to make sure that the stealther wasn't the last one standing.

Edited by Couver

You two need to look up what the actual definition of exploit is. Nowhere did the OP say that they were exploiting a "bug", merely that they were exploiting a poorly implemented mechanic.

Now in response to the OP, I've had this happen before. We just had to make sure that the stealther wasn't the last one standing.

Its not an exploit of anything. Its just a strategy. A poor one but its still a strategy.

I had that happen, me and teammate 2 of us were left and stealth had more hps and we died before he did, we were tank and heals so there was no one int he world that the stealth could kill us but we didnt have the dmg either so he wont he match. It's absolutely stupid cause we massacred the team (It was 3 v 4 to begin with and we were at a disadvantage...only to pull through and still lose cause of that useless stealth hiding the whole round).

If your grouping of a tank and heals lost like that then it was totally on you and not the stealther.

Two of the tanking classes either have a push, guardian/jugg, or a knock back, sin/shadow and two of the healing classes have knock backs. So unless your team consisted of a PT/VG tank and an OP/Scoundrel heals you should have been able to knock the stealther into the acid. Unless, of course, you all did something silly like white bar him.

Even then, your healer's heals should have been enough for you to outlast him.

This is false. You cannot heal, but mitigation CD still work against the damage dealt by players, however not against the acid. Also the acid damage - like all environment damage - scales with HP. Having more HP does not directly equate to lasting longer in the Acid.

Acid is a pure DPS race, with everyone taking the same %totalHP of damage every second the winner is whoever manages to deal more damage to the opponents on top of the acid damage. This is why Sage's Force Barrier is effectively a IWIN button in acid even without counting the bugged Enduring Bastion. The reason being that barrier prevents the enemy team from dealing any damage to the sage and thus the sage wins by default as long as the sage's teammates can deal any amount of damage greater than zero.

+ sins get 1 (acid) tick immunity when teleporting.

The title of the thread is "Stealth exploit in Corellia Arena"...

when the title reads, STEALTH EXPLOIT in Corellia arena, you have to ask how it is an exploit? And it's not. Hell, it's not even clever use of game mechanics. It's a boring troll way to try and win that really just comes down to luck as to who is the last man standing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.