Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Immersion breaking animation needs to go!

LoverNoFighter

The fusion missile animation for BH needs to go. It looks stupid firing a missile from your back without wearing gear that looks like it could do the job. Remove/change it with a more appropriate animation that doesn't require such gear. It's not like this hasn't been done before with other animations. Should be an easy task for the brilliant dev team on this game.;)

There will never be an appropriate animation for it. With the Cartel Market and the vast amount of adaptive armor, there will never be an animation that is suitable for all gear.

I mean, what would you recommend they do in regards to people that wear the slave girl outfit or the covert energy armor and are practically naked.

They would have to change the animations for the wrist rockets and flamethrowers as well, then. Even though I get where you're coming from, these animations are part of what makes the BH so special IMO.

Another solution might be to edit and relocate the rocket animation to the shoulder rocket launcher.

Edited by Teiichi

They would have to change the animations for the wrist rockets and flamethrowers as well, then. Even though I get where you're coming from, these animations are part of what makes the BH so special IMO.

Another solution might be to edit and relocate the rocket animation to the shoulder rocket launcher.

( Fusion missile animation is from the rocket launcher on your back. )

The fusion missile animation for BH needs to go. It looks stupid firing a missile from your back without wearing gear that looks like it could do the job. Remove/change it with a more appropriate animation that doesn't require such gear. It's not like this hasn't been done before with other animations. Should be an easy task for the brilliant dev team on this game.;)

Riiight! then just about all the sorc moves need to go also because, well... it involves lightnings?

NO! NO, NO, NO! YOU FOOL! :mad:

Let him troll the boards, so long as he or someone else pays for his sub. His outlandish claims and nonsensical remarks are NOT so often funny.

true, but at some point even the best entertainers need to leave the stage as their schtick gets old fast.

no mr. lotion but at least a poor substitute is better than no substitute.

There will never be an appropriate animation for it. With the Cartel Market and the vast amount of adaptive armor, there will never be an animation that is suitable for all gear.

I mean, what would you recommend they do in regards to people that wear the slave girl outfit or the covert energy armor and are practically naked.

I've never seen that before.... Now I have to try it... It's gotta be worth a couple of laughs. Right?

Oh I LOL'd.

Fusion Missile and Tracer Missile's animations used to be inverted. So, it's already been changed. TM and FM were swapped on animations because TM is used far more often and was too easily telegraphed in PvP.

I've never seen that before.... Now I have to try it... It's gotta be worth a couple of laughs. Right?

I always get a laugh at BH in slave gear when Shoulder Cannon is activated.

It literally looks like someone surgically implanted the thing into their shoulder XD

Well, I don't know about your request for this silly thing, or any of your other farces, but I have what I hope is great news for you. Since swg is your vision of 'how a game should be made' , I present "the repopulation". Reading over it's features and playstyle, it looks like it will be swg on steroids, better probably. Also, you could save 15% on your car insurance by switching to Geico.

Edit: My linking skills failed me, it's early. Just use google.

Or just wear the appropriate armor. Is your bounty hunter wearing a Jedi robe or something?

Having a Bounty Hunter wearing gear that does not fit with the Bounty Hunter archetype is immersion breaking. With that in mind, I think Fusion Missile fits right in with the Bounty Hunter aesthetic since most of their armors have jetpacks (& it looks awesome :rak_03:).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.