The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How about some free crystals for the guys?

NINEENIN

Thanks for the free purple crystals that i will never use! How about some free crystals for the guy players too. Not many of us like purple. FYI :D

idk used the black purple for long time...tell that to mace windu about not using a purple crystal.

This guy likes his purple crystal just fine, thank you very much.

If someone gives you a 50 <insert whatever currency your country uses> bill for your birthday, do you complain if it's not crisp & pristine & ask for a different one?

Dear BioWare:

I don't like the thing you gave me for free so treat me like the special snowflake that I am and give me something else for free.

Thanks.

They arent free. We paid RL money for them. Techically. :p

I don't mind the purple, but the ugly black core is what really discourages me. Could we please get a white-core version? I'm sure plenty of people would appreciate a white-core dark-purple lightsaber crystal.

They arent free. We paid RL money for them. Techically. :p
Semantics.

You paid $15 to subscribe and get all the benefits of being a subscriber.

You could not have subscribed for $14 by opting-out of receiving the crystals.

The crystals were included at no additional cost, therefore free.

Worst one was when people complained about getting the extra 500 CC because it was not "personal" enough.
I know, right?

When people are going to insist on giving me gifts, I tell them either give me cash or an Amazon gift card.

I promise I'll think fondly of them whenever I'm using whatever it is that I bought with their money versus having some random crap item that just proves the gift-giver has no concept of my likes and dislikes taking up space in my house.

The true beauty of these purple crystals?

If you don't like 'em, add 'em to your Collection and delete them.

They don't take up any space AND you can pretend that you never owned them (but they'll still be there if you ever change your mind).

Semantics.

You paid $15 to subscribe and get all the benefits of being a subscriber.

You could not have subscribed for $14 by opting-out of receiving the crystals.

The crystals were included at no additional cost, therefore free.

"Free" = "at no cost." Unless you are on the $0 a month subscription plan, the crystals were not free.

• 2 weeks later...

If they're going to bribe us to stay/come back to the game, they should at least use something that most people would actually want.

I have seen a surge in people using those ugly black/dark purple crystals, but I don't believe that the people I've seen are the only subscribers in the game. I think it would have been more effective to offer up white-cored dark-purple crystals, instead.

Dear BioWare:

I don't like the thing you gave me for free so treat me like the special snowflake that I am and give me something else for free.

Thanks.

Yeah...

So this is a homophobic sexist topic made by an entitled child?

Did i miss something, Rankyn?

Edited by James_Mcturney
correct wording

Purple is an awesome color.

It was the color of the toga worn by Roman Generals celebrating a triumph.

In the Byzantine Empire and Carolingian Europe, purple was the color worn by emperors.

In much of the ancient world, due to the cost associated with making purple dyes, purple was considered a symbol of status and wealth.

Purple is the most powerful color on the light spectrum that is visible to the naked eye.

the 3rd Street Saints in the Saints Row game used purple as their color.

Mace Windu had a purple saber.

Speaking as a straight male, who considers himself fairly masculine, purple is awesome.

Hell, my main Jugg still uses the old vanilla purple crystals you used to be able to get from columi gear. Those of you who came post 2.0 can only get them from those of us who learned the recipe back then, and craft them.

Edited by Andrellma

Clearly the OP is not aware that in history, the "boy and girl" colors were reversed - men wore pink and women wore blue.

And as a man, I like the purple crystals on a couple of my toons.

Last time I checked color wasn't exclusive to any one gender.